4 Warriors and Mesmer GEARCHECK

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

….
And this discrimination is easily remedied if you just roll a warrior or mesmer.
….

Totally putting this in my signature, and quoting you.

Unless you are serious? Wait… this is a troll, right?

If you want to play basketball at the gym and it says “ATHLETIC SHOES REQUIRED” then you put on the your kittening sneakers and go play, you don’t post a million posts in the forums whining about how they won’t let you on the court in sandals

This is not the same thing, and it adds to the discrimination.

Just because you can’t play ranger very well doesn’t mean others can’t.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

Thanks for your kind suggestions guys. I’m not even trying to farm CoF, normal dungeons with PUGS don’t want rangers anymore (or any other class). When did GW2 get so elitist?

That’s what we get with no “Holy Trinity”…get the “Holy Duo” instead! But really…people who want only warriors/mesmers are not skilled and just want to complete instances as fast as possible.

But like the above have said…there are plenty of people who will group with any class…including those who play warriors/memsers.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

….
And this discrimination is easily remedied if you just roll a warrior or mesmer.
….

Yes I am serious.

And stop using a term like “discrimination” to try and give your QQing some sort of moral high ground when it’s a video game.

Do you think I whine about people “discriminating” about my play style of actually playing with competent people with good gear? No, I try to educate the scrubs who think their trash gear is good, I don’t cry about it.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

Yes I am serious.

And stop using a term like “discrimination” to try and give your QQing some sort of moral high ground when it’s a video game.

Do you think I whine about people “discriminating” about my play style of actually playing with competent people with good gear? No, I try to educate the scrubs who think their trash gear is good, I don’t cry about it.

You don’t try to “educate”, you insult and try to force them to play the game your way.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I educate people and they take offense. Only trying to help them. They are all too stubborn.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

People tend to get offended when they hit that harsh realization that their ideals are either wrong or seriously conflicting with what another person thinks or has expressed. People don’t like either of these situations because they require cognitive change or effort on their part. (If they are wrong they have to admit it, and change their opinions. If they are in disagreement, it would mean they have to present a credible argument to prove their opinion is the correct one.) However, instead of rectifying their issues, they decide to cry ’I’m offended!’ and expect other people to make concessions on their behalf.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

….
….

Sadly no…. Colesy is actually one of those people who also claims most in PvE, dungeon pros included, avoid WvW “B/c they’re bad at PvP” or some hilarious elitist-wannabe rhetoric. ….Remember this is the same guy who said any guard who ever uses a Scepter or Staff for anything was a n00b, then had to immediately retract his opinion b/c it started making him look like a bigger n00b. It’s best to just avoid this whole tangent entirely and stay on topic IMHO.

Forming your own group for a Dungeon doesn’t ALWAYS work. I’ve tried it here and there and most of the time, using /Join instead was always faster or atleast less anxiety-inducing. This is really an issue where you also need friends or a guild you can count on to start the “filling” so you can just post “LFM” instead of “LFG” on lfg.com….. just to get rolling faster.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

….
….

If you want to play basketball at the gym and it says “ATHLETIC SHOES REQUIRED” then you put on the your kittening sneakers and go play, you don’t post a million posts in the forums whining about how they won’t let you on the court in sandals

Back in school there was a guy who played BBall in his sandals. He had a darned good set shot if you double-teamed and gave him a second to get it off, but one fake and you could take him to the basket with his sandals falling off.

There’s no discrimination against playing in sandals at the college gym, but don’t try it in the NBA. Same in GW2 with what works best.

colesy.8490

You don’t try to “educate”, you insult and try to force them to play the game your way.

I tell them their builds and gear are bad and then they try to claim their builds “work for them” or “are more fun”.

At that point I’m just wasting my time because they’re not interested in accepting their tank build is trash.

Sadly no…. Colesy is actually one of those people who also claims most in PvE, dungeon pros included, avoid WvW “B/c they’re bad at PvP” or some hilarious elitist-wannabe rhetoric.

I don’t remember saying that, so quote me.

“Oh but I can’t be bothered to go through your posts!”

Yeah, well if you can’t be bothered, don’t make BS claims. If I did say something like that, sure I’ll either explain myself or admit it.

Remember this is the same guy who said any guard who ever uses a Scepter or Staff for anything was a n00b, then had to immediately retract his opinion b/c it started making him look like a bigger n00b.

Nope, I admitted that staff is useful for out of combat swiftness and there are some bosses that absolutely have to be ranged because their mechanics are so anti-melee that it’s a waste of time to melee. Stop putting words in to my mouth.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

People tend to get offended when they hit that harsh realization that their ideals are either wrong or seriously conflicting with what another person thinks or has expressed. People don’t like either of these situations because they require cognitive change or effort on their part. (If they are wrong they have to admit it, and change their opinions. If they are in disagreement, it would mean they have to present a credible argument to prove their opinion is the correct one.) However, instead of rectifying their issues, they decide to cry ’I’m offended!’ and expect other people to make concessions on their behalf.

You gave an incredible accurate description of why people get angry, worked up, and rage pointing fingers at others without any argument to support the outburst.
In short, feeling offended and personally involved. AKA being a touchy whiny b.. ahem.

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

While I fully support the idea of making a Warrior for yourself (really, I think having a Warrior is just very useful), I do not think you should give up on playing your Ele in dungeons. Warriors are better for dungeons, but Eles are still very much viable in dungeons.

Take a look at the guide in my sig. In it I explain how to play an Ele in dungeons at all levels. I take my Ele in both PUGs and Guild Runs and it turns out fine.

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

I am so tired of this. I don’t have a warrior, I don’t have a mesmer, I only have a ranger and ele

… some1 link this man to brazil’s ranger/ele run… sure it’s a troll video, but it’s still under 8 minutes from zone in…

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

I usually cringe when I get a ranger because so far I’ve only had one good ranger player in any group ever. if you think you’re a good player who helps his team (healing spring at the front, not back where you idle around using longbow #1. maybe a WH offhand and a moa pet for constant fury), then say so in the description. If I’d ever see a post ‘meelee ranger with healing spring lfg’ I’d immediately invite him. people are just tired of having 1 of 5 players hanging in the background, not helping the team in any way, constantly knock back enemies with his #4 so all other players need to chase after them again etc.

if you really can’t use any weapon besides longbow: get zerker gear and stay at the back (you shouldn’t get much aggro with low toughness). go place your healing spring under the people who have to tank for you.

I think though, the problem lies with the ‘I don’t want to make a warrior or mesmer’ part. if you were really interested in improving yourself to a point to make you a valuable addition to any team, you’d probably already have made a few more chars to learn how they work. also, only CoF farming groups want 4w/1m and even there are at least a third to half of all groups normal groups. other dungeons only have very few similar posts.

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Why did that video say ‘hardcore’ dungeons?

this is the most casual gaming by far.

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

I’m going to make a video this afternoon showing how quickly you can get a group using LFG posts that say “all classes welcome”. We can just then post that in response to every single thread like this that comes along (like 2 or 3 times a day it seems)

So I intended to do this yesterday evening but neither FRAPS nor MSI Afterburner will do a complete screen recording for me. I intended to have the video start in GW2, show me alt-tabbing to Chrome to show the LFG post I make, then alt-tabbing back and waiting for the party to fill up. But both those capture programs only capture GW2 and don’t show the alt-tabbing.

Does anyone know of any capture program that would just take an full screen capture including coming back to desktop? I run in fullscreen windowed mode, if that makes any difference.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: neigeux.3172

neigeux.3172

I’m going to make a video this afternoon showing how quickly you can get a group using LFG posts that say “all classes welcome”. We can just then post that in response to every single thread like this that comes along (like 2 or 3 times a day it seems)

So I intended to do this yesterday evening but neither FRAPS nor MSI Afterburner will do a complete screen recording for me. I intended to have the video start in GW2, show me alt-tabbing to Chrome to show the LFG post I make, then alt-tabbing back and waiting for the party to fill up. But both those capture programs only capture GW2 and don’t show the alt-tabbing.

Does anyone know of any capture program that would just take an full screen capture including coming back to desktop? I run in fullscreen windowed mode, if that makes any difference.

ZDSoft Screen recorder. occasionally has a really small barely noticeable watermark but you can record 1080p, your own mic, and the sounds on your computer no problem.

Posted by: Uberkafros.5431

Uberkafros.5431

Every game has its “Elitist Jerks” that think that they are good.
Just don’t play with them .There are lots of normal people around to dungeons with.Joining a guild will help you tremendously so will the implementation of a proper LFG system.

Don’t leave a game due to EJs especially if you enjoy it.

Broadicea.8294

ugh it’s sooooo difficult to find a non warr/mes party

http://youtu.be/1nCWHb8JamU

[thanks neigeux!]

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

[thanks neigeux!]

You are doing god’s work. This link is now my autoanswer to any CoF whine.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

[thanks neigeux!]

lol, thats a lot quicker then it takes for me to find zerker groups :p (might be my timezone though >>) Thanks for making this video… will prove useful for later threads I bet lol.

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Broadicea.8294

I laughed out loud in real life when I alt-tabbed back after updating to LF2M and the spots had already been filled XD

swiftpaw.6397

[thanks neigeux!]

THAT LOOKS TOO HARD

Posted by: purgatoryz.6038

purgatoryz.6038

It’s not their fault the dungeons are so ridiculously easy that’s it’s just a simple DPS race. The only player who really needs to know what they are doing is the mesmer.

You could swap a thief in for one of the warriors, or make a case for a guardian, and lose little to no time. The problem with the meta is that it’s self reinforcing and people are generally too ignorant to think even a little outside the box.

Half of these warriors are brain dead zombies who are generally terrible at the game. If they want to farm P1 over and over, it’s not really going to affect me one way or the other.

My favorite CoFP1 run was with 3 warriors, a mesmer, and me (thief). We got to the boulders and the mesmer DCed. After a wait we decided to replace him. The warriors were fuming when I invited a non-mesmer guildie just to finish the run. They’d rather have waited 5 minutes for the “optimal” group rather than just finish it. I kid you not, ALL three of them died trying to navigate the rolling boulders. One of them just quit. They didn’t even know the game mechanics enough to dodge or move properly, so used to being carried.

TL;DR: There are plenty of fish in the sea. If you don’t like them, don’t group with them.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

^ that is kittening hilarious^

maybe a WH offhand and a moa pet for constant fury), then say so in the description. If I’d ever see a post ‘meelee ranger with healing spring lfg’ I’d immediately invite him.

I use it all the time, especially for Temple support, but I find Spring isn’t actually our best Support tool… there’s ways to cheese certain encounters and do even more Regen & Condition removal more often with alternate sets of Gear & Traits.

I think the biggest thing holding us back there honestly, is the complete lack of “Compression” in our Traits and the longer Swapping time of our Pets in Dungeons. ….This is something being said time and again, that Pets just plain old need more UP TIME in dungeons and more support roles in general. More survival only turns them into a stupid Crutch that Zerkers would use for the Group’s “tank”. But we definitely could change some bad reputations here with a lot more Skill/Trait Compression & gear that actually confers its bonuses over to the Pets as well… (imagine Monk or Scholar or Pack runes… or a whole new set that stacks up Fury/Prec).

(edited by ilr.9675)

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

[thanks neigeux!]

ROFL IN ALL CAPITALS.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

deSade.9437

[thanks neigeux!]

ROFL IN ALL CAPITALS.

Be careful, you might be infracted. Ya know, someone might feel offended by those offensive capitals.
Can I use that video as signature?

Broadicea.8294

go for it, I was hoping to have that be the end-all answer to these threads.

swiftpaw.6397

[thanks neigeux!]

ROFL IN ALL CAPITALS.

Be careful, you might be infracted. Ya know, someone might feel offended by those offensive capitals.

As a concerned christian and respected pillar of the community, I am writing to you to display utmost disgust at what has been typed here today. I am thoroughly offended and I expect a full retraction of all statements in this thread and an official apology. Nothing more and nothing less. You are all talking like filthy urchins. Good day to you.

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

Yea, I run speed clearing groups (usually all guild, only on off hours will I pug) and if I bring a non-trinity profession, I just join less-strict groups. Very simple. GW2lfg.com is your friend.

deSade.9437

[thanks neigeux!]

ROFL IN ALL CAPITALS.

As a concerned christian and respected pillar of the community, I am writing to you to display utmost disgust at what has been typed here today. I am thoroughly offended and I expect a full retraction of all statements in this thread and an official apology. Nothing more and nothing less. You are all talking like filthy urchins. Good day to you.

/laugh
Please don’t unleash your holy wrath on us. Aight, I’ll admit I use 4 war/1 mes in CoF, but that aside, I’m a very good person. I’m sure he/she is too. Ahem.
Is the signature working? I want to have it available when next thread will pop up.

Posted by: Stinson.5972

Stinson.5972

Meet people halfway and play your ele in non-gearcheck groups. Run a 30 fire build with whatever else you want – lightning hammer is a great choice – and take the trait that grants fury on fire blasts. Scepter/dagger or sceptre/focus, and even dagger/dagger to a lesser extent give 4-6 fire blasts, granting your group ten seconds each, or about a minute of fury off of one rotation. Between that and the might stacks you will contribute seriously to DPS on your team, especially if you also roll out the lightning hammer.

There are more efficient ways to get fury/might with other class combinations – this is why ele is not considered part of the trinity – but if you run non-trinity groups and don’t know what the composition of the group will be it’s a great choice; you’ll add to everyone’s DPS and provide other support too. (With evasive arcana you can just shift into water while using hammer and roll around to heal people/remove conditions.)

Also, if you want away from the mes/war groups don’t do CoF. CoE with good groups can net less spectacular but still strong returns, and there tends to be more variety in the groups running it.

But yeah, don’t bring the ranger.

Player Character.9467

[thanks neigeux!]

lol, thats a lot quicker then it takes for me to find zerker groups :p (might be my timezone though >>) Thanks for making this video… will prove useful for later threads I bet lol.

How long does it normally take you? Last time I bothered to grab pugs for cof p1 I had 5 join requests b4 I tabbed back…

Delay.6908

[thanks neigeux!]

How long does it normally take you? Last time I bothered to grab pugs for cof p1 I had 5 join requests b4 I tabbed back…

Normally takes me 2-3min. No joke…im not sure if its my timezone or i always get unlucky :/

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Player Character.9467

[thanks neigeux!]

Normally takes me 2-3min. No joke…im not sure if its my timezone or i always get unlucky :/

Well if you really want to keep doing CoF P1 I would suggest making a list of guildies/friends and running with them. Setup a voice chat, muscle memory the run and try to keep yourselves entertained.

Delay.6908

[thanks neigeux!]

Well if you really want to keep doing CoF P1 I would suggest making a list of guildies/friends and running with them. Setup a voice chat, muscle memory the run and try to keep yourselves entertained.

Did the friends list thing for 4 months, got my 2 legendaries so no need now. I do a p1 run maybe once a week. So not needed anymore :P

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Posted by: Lorkmir.6580

Lorkmir.6580

Yeah, this is seriously old. I played WoW from Vanilla to Mists, I’ve played Rift, I’ve played Tera, SWTOR. In every single one, you had the “elitist” crowd. Nobody is forcing anyone to play with people they don’t like. Just find people you enjoy playing with and add them to your friends list or join a guild of like-minded people. I found my place with a group of people in 2007 back when BC was first released; I still play with them to this day and they are some of my best friends.

Just go out, don’t be shy, and you can make plenty of friends that like playing the way you play. The people that make up the elitist crowd have their friends and they didn’t meet them by just sitting around and complaining about other people.

“Wait…. I know you”

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

It’s even less than that.
In most other games if you weren’t somewhat involved in the Meta discussion, you had a hard time completing or even seeing new content. In this game the Meta is just about Farming the same path over and over and over and over again. You’re just not missing out on all that much, which is probably why most folks don’t really seem to give a kitten.

colesy.8490

So I’ve just been running CoF p1 today with random pugs asking for zerk warriors, experienced, and gearcheck.

Almost every player who has come in has the wrong sigils or has the second weapon set.

They all get kicked.

If CoF is so easy, why do people find it so hard to spend 6s on two smothering sigils and 1g for a night sigil and at least spend a minute learning the proper weapon rotations?

It’s times like this when gw2 players annoy me.

Posted by: SeNoZinD.9874

SeNoZinD.9874

I made a zerker warrior because I was tired of gw2lfg having requests and such that I was forced to ignore because my main is a necro. I will say, the farmers who ask for pinging gear and all are WAYYYY too serious about their farming. It’s like a job instead of a dungeon. Ill quote a lfg to prove my point.

“-P1 farm – LGF 1 Zerk War / 1 Zerk Mesmer PRO ONLY – MUST BE TRAITED DPS!!! Rubies/scholars MUST have sigils. No other crap. Will kick you if gear is wrong…<<< "

Like what the hell. I’m okay with just asking for a zerker warrior but wtf is that.

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

Like what the hell. I’m okay with just asking for a zerker warrior but wtf is that.

I know, right?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

So I’ve just been running CoF p1 today with random pugs asking for zerk warriors, experienced, and gearcheck.

Almost every player who has come in has the wrong sigils or has the second weapon set.

They all get kicked.

If CoF is so easy, why do people find it so hard to spend 6s on two smothering sigils and 1g for a night sigil and at least spend a minute learning the proper weapon rotations?

It’s times like this when gw2 players annoy me.

Being fussy about sigils is a bit too much tbh. As long as they have force and/or accuracy or better Im happy. I dont even have smothering or night. Because im not a min maxer and i dont farm cof all day :/

colesy.8490

Six silver.

It is not going to kill someone to pay six silver. Smothering + accuracy is fine if you don’t want to pay for a night sigil, but smothering is the least I expect from a COF farmer, not freaking sigils of rage, sigils of battle or sigils of nullification.

Having night + smothering up is a whole 20%+ damage so that’s why I make a big deal about it.

Player Character.9467

doesn’t smothering not stack with itself?

Broadicea.8294

doesn’t smothering not stack with itself?

You use Smothering and Night on Mainhand/Offhand.

Player Character.9467

Was referring to him telling people to buy 2 smothering sigils, but I’m guessing he means one on each weapon set and night on offhand. Would suggest moving to night on your 2hander as well, it’s actually cheaper in the long run because of all the extra use you can get out of it.

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Six silver and a weapon that is now useless outside of CoF. So really, it’s the price of a whole new weapon, which is kind of counter productive if you’re not an ‘8 hour a day kitten $$$ farmer’.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Delay.6908

Six silver and a weapon that is now useless outside of CoF. So really, it’s the price of a whole new weapon, which is kind of counter productive if you’re not an ‘8 hour a day kitten $$$ farmer’.

Is it weird that i have multiple weapons with different slaying sigils on them just to be 10% better in dungeons? They dont really cost much if you run CoF/CoE alot.. so i find them worth it

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Player Character.9467

Is it weird that i have multiple weapons with different slaying sigils on them just to be 10% better in dungeons? They dont really cost much if you run CoF/CoE alot.. so i find them worth it

But would you really want a greatsword with each of those or just 1 greatsword with night?

Delay.6908

But would you really want a greatsword with each of those or just 1 greatsword with night?

My main GS has night, but i have another with force and then another with bandit/undead slaying. Just so im ready for most situations… although i rarely use GS.. so doesn’t really matter to me.

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Player Character.9467

My main GS has night, but i have another with force and then another with bandit/undead slaying. Just so im ready for most situations… although i rarely use GS.. so doesn’t really matter to me.

Just saying colesy’s 2x smothering 1x night isn’t exactly a good suggestion for 3 sigils between a 2hander and 2 1handers.