5/28 Stealth changes fotm/dungeons dredge etc

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

List of confirmed stealth changes in Tuesday’s (05/28/2013) patch

Dredge fractal:
-Can no longer walk along the edge of the cage to bypass the first two pressure plates
-Can no longer blink through a certain spot in the cage to the inner pressure plates and control panel
Comment: I hate this change. This is already one of the longer fractals and now we must do things the longer and more boring way. How about putting more bombs in the bomb path first or fixing the respawn timer so we don’t have to wait forever to blow up the door.

Aquatic fractal:
-Changed the icons you see when you transform into dolphins.
Comment: Another pointless change. And why aren’t we allowed to set skill #1 to auto-attack?

Snowblind fractal:
-Changed the mountainside between the Elemental Source and the Son of Svanir Shaman.
Comment: Another pointless change. It’s slightly harder to traverse now.

Unconfirmed but rumored changes:

Volcanic Fractal:
-champion grawl shaman AI.

(edited by Isaac.6041)

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Took me 5 minutes to find a way around it.

Dear Anet: fire your entire bug fixing department and hire people that actually test their fixes, because so far, every time you ‘fixed’ something that wasn’t sequencing, it took me anywhere from 15 seconds to 15 minutes to find a new way around it.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

The leash range on the second switch has been increased. Makes it very awkward to do. We had to open the gate and close it b4 the group followed me into the gate room. Which made clearing one side of the gate room a bit rushed.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

wich shortcut did the remove?

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Bright.9160

wich shortcut did the remove?

They added an invisible wall at the top of the stairs where you used to jump on the ledge.
They also added an invisible wall at the edge of the cage where you would jump onto, so even if you were able to get on the ledge (which you can), you can’t jump up there anymore. But you can get up somewhere else.

They never test their own fixes. There are plenty of examples where they thought an invisible wall or a big boulder would fix the problem (which it wasn’t btw), but never bother to test for alternatives.

“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard

LordByron.8369

ArenaNerf seems again focused on ruining any fun a player can get.

And don t even try to say exploiting isn t fun

Dredge fractal is a disaster and now more than ever i don t want the risk to playing it so i will quit fractal.

And i suppose the already empty fotm gw2lfg will have a drop……
But i don t think fotm players will jump onl living story……

I can say the worst game management i ever seen….

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Bright.9160

Well, doing it the intended way isn’t that much harder. You just need to split up your party. The ironic part is, I’m pretty sure many players don’t even know how you’re supposed to do it legit…

Oh, and unfortunately, I’m not going to spill how I do it, for obvious reasons. I’m going to do it with the guild, but we’re keeping this to ourselves.

And, I never denied exploits aren’t fun. I love them, I actively look for them. They’re what makes some dungeons so much fun.

LordByron.8369

why do we play fractal?

You don t play fractal for loots…
Now you don t play fractal for fun either….

And for sure you don t play it for the “challenge”….that is about following a flowchart of actions that every patch get thinnier…..and straightforwarded.

I perfectly know that with 2 more Death on switches it change little……but few minutes more of pure boring ness and lack of fun…

But forgive me if i am sad when Patches are 100% aimed at disgusting players….i don t even know how game direction can permit this.

There is an issue?
Let not care for it for 6 months while removing progressively all workarounds…

GW2 balance:

spoj.9672

Tbh id rather they changed the bomb part. Not too fussed about this shortcut.

Bright.9160

Oh, and for those wondering, yes, they also fixed blinking through the cage on the pipe.

LordByron.8369

next patch they remove dead players on switches i bet

GW2 balance:

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

These exploits only saved a very minimal amount of time compared to doing it the way it was intended. I really don’t understand the complaints.

Bright.9160

These exploits only saved a very minimal amount of time compared to doing it the way it was intended. I really don’t understand the complaints.

Well, I don’t particularly care that they ‘fixed’ this. What bothers me though is that they go ahead and focus on non-issues like this one instead of addressing actual problems like: right click targetting, party bugs, AI bugs, Fractal rewards being absolute trash etc. It seems like they don’t even care about our complaints.

Posted by: LuizFeitosa.4623

LuizFeitosa.4623

Congratulations to ArenaNet, that with these changes only dao me more desire to stop doing Fractals, and conseguentemente stop playing GW2.
What was already tiring and time consuming, now it got worse.
Now loot improve and solve the problems of getting the desired skin of weapons, they do not solve!

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I agree with your comments Bright. They are always quick to fix ‘exploits’ but very slow to fix or address real issues brought up by the community.

And if it is not obvious by now, then it should be. They do NOT care about our complaints. Bugs will be reported for months, and when a dev finally makes a comment concerning said bug it is only to say that it is working fine. Meaning they don’t even know that it is broken.

Players have documented bugs, given proof of bugs, and yet still no action or acknowledgement by the powers that be. They act like they don’t know the bug exists and keep on smiling. I really don’t know what it will take to get them to address some of their bugs.

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

We ran this fractal last night and they did fix the dead player on the button. It now closes the door.

Another change too we found on the bomb door was the mobs continue to spawn behind you while you are waiting on the bombs to respawn. We only did a level 8 to help some of our lower ranked guildies move up and at several times there were massive mobs.

Another stealth change.

Bright.9160

We ran this fractal last night and they did fix the dead player on the button. It now closes the door.

Another change too we found on the bomb door was the mobs continue to spawn behind you while you are waiting on the bombs to respawn. We only did a level 8 to help some of our lower ranked guildies move up and at several times there were massive mobs.

Another stealth change.

Dead players on the buttons is fixed as well? Jesus, it’s as if they have never even done fractals… Let alone on high levels…

Now, all they have left to do is make sure that the dredge in the clown car don’t drop loot anymore, just to make sure no one would ever want to do that fractal again…

LordByron.8369

not true they didn t….
dying on switches still works but if you step on a switch pressed by a dead player it resets.

GW2 balance:

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Another stealth change.

This is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more serious than the jump glitch.

not true they didn t….
dying on switches still works but if you step on a switch pressed by a dead player it resets.

Oh. I hope you are right. I REALLY hope they don’t “fix” that.

Posted by: Dan.1879

Dan.1879

I have no issue with the jump being fixed, I think that’s fair and doesn’t make a massive difference to the fun/time, but what I don’t like (as mentioned above) is the bomb run. I don’t know how you’re meant to do that without people dying multiple times, surely that shouldn’t ever be the design in a dungeon where you can’t repair.

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

To be honest, I’m more annoyed with a change they made to the swamp fractal. I used to use some shadowsteps in and out of the spiders but those seem to be messed up now and I have to, shock horror, run around a bit more. It’s not a problem, it’s just petty. Shadow stepping past a trap, isn’t that what thieves are supposed to do? It’s just really annoying that someone felt the need to ‘fix’ this while nobody feels the need to fix genuine annoying fractal bugs that make players feel like throwing their PCs out of the window. If you’re reading this Anet, yes players do feel like deleting the game from the hard drive when the same old murderous bugs again and again after each and every patch. Look after your customers please. We do pay your wages.

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

I have no issues with glitches and exploits being fixed, heck I don’t even care if they tell us about fixing them. However, when unnecessary changes (polishes) are made to either make it more difficult or change mechanics it should be included in the patch notes. Why do they feel like they need to hide it from us? Our group also noticed differences in the Frozen and Harpy fractals as well. Were there changes? We aren’t sure but things felt different.

In the Frozen, the ice elemental seemed to have a lot more knock back (level 8 ). I seemed to get knocked back more than I did on our last level 20 run (pre-patch). On the final boss it seemed like the AoE circles moved quicker and were more randomized.

On the Harpy, the harpies seemed a lot more aggressive with their attacks. The champion Ettin seemed to move faster. Something also felt different with Old Tom that we just couldn’t figure out. Mr. Snuggles and his crew seemed to do a little more damage.

Has anyone else run higher level fractals and noticed any changes since the patch?

They aren’t major changes (at least at this level), we had 2 rather new players in our group and we didn’t have any wipes, but they are unannounced changes.

(edited by Gator.5729)

spoj.9672

Wasnt sure about ice elemental source, but now that you bring it up. My group was getting perma knock backs on frac 30 yesterday. Made it very irritating to complete.

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

You can still be dead on the buttons. I died on the second button last night. My team still fairly easily 4-manned the cage in level 48.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Dear Anet: fire your entire bug fixing department and hire people that actually test their fixes, because so far, every time you ‘fixed’ something that wasn’t sequencing, it took me anywhere from 15 seconds to 15 minutes to find a new way around it.

The player base is the bug tester =) They can’t fire us!

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

why do we play fractal?

My reason to play fractal is to kill time while awaiting for my relatives to recuperate their monetary losses in buying GW2. They just started playing the game so I hang around. When they have enough of it, we find something else to do. There isn’t anything in this game really attracts me, mostly annoying, except many nice individuals I’ve met in game.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Exploits are often easy fixes as they already know the problem and there’s a quick solution. For the other issues mentioned, they involve troubleshooting.

Posted by: Abardagul.5849

Abardagul.5849

so with the last patch, they managed to:

nerf the ecto salvage chance
destroy the cursed shore farm
remove the shortcut to the dredge fractal

BUT, they managed to fix the:

broken guardian scepter auto attack, broken iberzerker, broken dredge fractal bomb run, rtl bug and much much more!!!!!!!!!!!

nah, jk.

anyway, i also found the new shorcut to the dredge cage after a few minutes of experimenting. if you managed to find it out yourselves, keep it “hush hush” unless, of course, you want Anerf to “fix” it.

Lantriss ~ Guardian
Typhoon Dador ~ Warrior

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’m sure it’ll be reported by the end of this weekend. It’s not like doing it the legit way was all that difficult or time consuming. Two people per switch for the first two is all that you needed to handle the dredge. In fact, for the first switch, you only need one person to stand on it if people are waiting at the door.

SkyChef.5432

I’m sure it’ll be reported by the end of this weekend. It’s not like doing it the legit way was all that difficult or time consuming. Two people per switch for the first two is all that you needed to handle the dredge. In fact, for the first switch, you only need one person to stand on it if people are waiting at the door.

We do it at 48 whether the mobs are leashed into the gate or not, and go through all of BS that only a moronic content like dredge fractal can offer. Big Deal.
Most players are upset at Anet did spend times to fix trivial things like that and ignore other problems. And they did not even do it right.
Conspiracy time: We got quite a few of Dredge & Shaman fractals in 48 lately. I like the Shaman but the Dredge? You can shove it. BTW, they fixed the shaman trick too.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Bright.9160

The player base is the bug tester =) They can’t fire us!

Except, I’m not reporting the exploits that I find. I just keep abusing them.

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

I agree with your comments Bright. They are always quick to fix ‘exploits’ but very slow to fix or address real issues brought up by the community.

And if it is not obvious by now, then it should be. They do NOT care about our complaints. Bugs will be reported for months, and when a dev finally makes a comment concerning said bug it is only to say that it is working fine. Meaning they don’t even know that it is broken.

Players have documented bugs, given proof of bugs, and yet still no action or acknowledgement by the powers that be. They act like they don’t know the bug exists and keep on smiling. I really don’t know what it will take to get them to address some of their bugs.

How about adding pointless changes like the icons to the aquatic fractals or adjusting the mountainside of the snowblind fractal. It took them some time to make these very minor changes. How about fixing some real bugs instead like the party ui issues.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

don’t forget the useless rings and skins in our bank tabs guys

Oceanic [LOD]

LordByron.8369

GZ to the veteran dredge with possibly the same HP than jormag…..i met Yesterday XD.

we managed to clear 1st part but a veteran dredge was still alive so 3 of us focused on him…..

Was awkward having 1 mesmer dps and 2 zerker warriors to take 5-10 mins to kill a veteran.

We paused and we didn t see any trace of regen….i ’d really like to know how much HP anet gave it….

Considering time and our dps i bet 500.000-1.000.000

GW2 balance:

Posted by: defrule.7236

defrule.7236

Can anyone help confirm this? In the charr fractal in the final room, the ballista shots go right through the statue?

Bright.9160

The changes to the snowblind fractal reminded me that the developers are not actually testing their changes. It hasn’t stopped people from skipping at all.

They try hard to make the content more annoying (not harder, annoying. The dredge fractal is not challenging.) but haven’t fixed any of the real issues with fotm, fixed the party bugs that’s plaguing quite a few players these days, introduced decent content or anything.

I have yet to find a ‘skip’ fix they made where it took me a substantial amount of time to find a way around it. The only ‘skip’ fixes that got fixed were due to instancing, not due to their worthless invisible walls.

Hey Anet, just to give you an idea:

• You can still get on the roof of TA and run anywhere in the dungeon (although instancing fixed that many months ago). Wanna know how long it took me to find a way around your invisible walls there? 30 seconds. Yes, I found a way around it on my first flipping try.
  • You can still skip into path 1 of CoF. I haven’t bothered finding a new way into path 2 and 3, because I don’t want CoF tokens, and I don’t like the dungeon. You might have placed the boulder there that stopped us from doing all 3 paths in 1, but I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t take me long to find a way around it.
  • You can still skip from path 2 into path 1 in CoE, although the skip has a high fail chance, and if you fail once, you’re better off just restarting, because it isn’t worth the time.
  • You can still skip a lot of mobs in SE, although I’m not familiar enough with SE, nor do I care enough about the dungeon to find some real good skips.
  • I haven’t tried skipping CM, but I’m pretty sure it’s possible, I’ve seen some potential jumping spots that could warrant skipping to Frost in path 1 over the mountain.
  • Arah.. Oh Arah.. I can still get into any path I want, too bad sequencing fixed most of the problems there. There’s some skips I’m not going to mention here though, because I like them too much to get them fixed.
  • Your Jade Maw fix was just… Just.. Jesus christ, there are no words for how sloppy that fix was. I mean, you didn’t even try that one.
  • Dredge is still possible, but it’s not really viable for PUGs.
  • Snowblind apparantly, as I read here is still possible.

Hire people that have some imagination and aren’t too lazy to actually test their ‘fixes’, because as you have proven by now, they have never done it. Although, I have to give it to you. It took me a bit of creativity to get out of Arah. But that wasn’t because your fix was well implemented, it was still sloppy as kitten, it just requires some complicated jumps.

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

Well, doing it the intended way isn’t that much harder. You just need to split up your party. The ironic part is, I’m pretty sure many players don’t even know how you’re supposed to do it legit…

Oh, and unfortunately, I’m not going to spill how I do it, for obvious reasons. I’m going to do it with the guild, but we’re keeping this to ourselves.

And, I never denied exploits aren’t fun. I love them, I actively look for them. They’re what makes some dungeons so much fun.

Please don’t tell us to kill on1 side and kite other, please, it’s super secret for your super guild!

Bright.9160

Please don’t tell us to kill on1 side and kite other, please, it’s super secret for your super guild!

Except that I was talking about how to get on top of the cage so you can skip the first 2 buttons, not the tactics to do the dredge fractal. Reading posts is hard I guess.

Posted by: dbgamer.3407

dbgamer.3407

I agree with the OP for sure – dredge was one of the longer ones to start with. I’m sure ArenaNet doesn’t want people using bugs and exploits, but if people are forced to use them to make it through the dungeon in a reasonable amount of time, consider altering the mechanics if you’re going to prevent the exploits.

We ran dredge last night and with the new champion dredge mine room spread out so much and not stacking areas, it made it really really difficult with a decent group. So you’ve got a number of really time consuming aspects to the dungeon, plus that dredge champion room/ bomb lead up that takes forever and is reasonably difficult, you’re making a total fractal run up to 2 hours in length, which is excessive.

Arkenell of Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Dredge fractal:
-Can no longer walk along the edge of the cage to bypass the first two pressure plates

This change right here makes no sense. The gap you jump into from that ledge was clearly placed INTENTIONALLY, the top of the cage lowers right in front of the ledge to allow you to jump in. This was clearly sneaking in a window instead of blasting down the front door. It was a hole in the security setup by the dredge. Closest thing fractals had to some form of real game mechanics and they throw it away.

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

I for one am getting sick and tired of Anet’s continuous stealth nerfing of FotM and them not increasing the loot in what is the only challenge in the game.

I for one would like to be able to walk into FotM and not get my kitten kicked because all of a sudden something’s happening that is confusing and making the party scatter. And this really upsets me when we are running new members through, makes them upset and never want to come in here again and me upset cause we look like amateurs.

And from our last run I was told that there was 12 ticks of Agony from Jade Maw instead of the normal 6, I didn’t notice cause I wasn’t paying attention but if that is right there’s another stupid kitten nerf and Anet is now on my kitten list. I liked this game but am now starting to dislike it cause the only thing worth running atm is starting to no longer be worth it.

And as far as FotM 40+ I wouldn’t even bother, I run them and I might get a rare or 2, and I get 2 or 3 slots in my bags filled but thats it, when I run 20’s and 30’s I fill my bags, I get rares and sometimes exotics and it’s always worth it, the only thing about 40+ is a better chance at a wep skin, the loot is a joke. Anet needs to seriously think about what they are doing to their players, you are kitten ing a lot of people off, hope you’re happy with it.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

Rama.6439

Dredge fractal:

This change right here makes no sense. The gap you jump into from that ledge was clearly placed INTENTIONALLY, the top of the cage lowers right in front of the ledge to allow you to jump in. This was clearly sneaking in a window instead of blasting down the front door. It was a hole in the security setup by the dredge. Closest thing fractals had to some form of real game mechanics and they throw it away.

I usually don’t like/support exploits in dungeons but you’re right. This one is clearly one of the closest things we had that could’ve made a dungeon part feel “explorable” (why did they use that word to define dungeons when they’re anything but?) rather than a corridor that has a single way of doing it. It didn’t make use of a particular class mechanic (like binking through something you’re not supposed to be able to) and looked a lot like a viable strategy a group of adventurers would use.
The fact that anet has waited up until now to put invisible walls there also shows that their test groups have no imagination at all since it seems they didn’t want this to be allowed even though it was kinda obvious that you’d want to try and see if you could make it through that way. Waiting up until now means none of the test groups have thought about doing something like this.

In the end it doesn’t even really matters all that much. That part is not the most annoying part of the dredge fractal and stopping players from doing that jump didn’t slow down the run by much.

What really needs to change is the clown cart. There is no fun involved in staying in front of that cart spamming attacks all day while for the trash to pop and die in quick successions. It’s the best loot in fractal but I’m really tired of this part, it’s not challenging it’s completely mind numbing. Players would also probably be incentivized to do the bomb part the intended way (by killing the trash waves before planting bombs) if we didn’t have to deal with such a useless and time consuming thing. Give the good loot ratio to the trakitten the bomb part and remove the clown cart and this fractal would feel a lot more palatable.

the only thing about 40+ is a better chance at a wep skin, the loot is a joke

Which is not really making anyone happy when you get Yet Another Trident, Speargun, Warhorn, Torch.. and I recently got one of the nicer skins, the shield, only to discover that it’s completely broken. It has MAJOR clipping issues with many armor sets and also the upgraded fractal capacitor.. how can a fractal weapon be designed without having the fractal capacitor in mind ? wut? I can’t believe I made the mistake of transmuting my corrupted shield into this fractal skin. If I had know about the issues I would’ve salvaged this nasty thing. But really how can anet design a fractal weapon that doesn’t fit well with the fractal capacitor…

Is there even a dungeon team anymore ? none of the developers seem to show up in the dungeon subsection anymore.

It’s like they don’t really give a kitten about something unless it shows up on their Gem Store.

Välkyri – 80 Warrior

Player Character.9467

I can’t believe I made the mistake of transmuting my corrupted shield into this fractal skin.

Ouch, definitely woulda just bought/dungeon farmed another one with the stats you wanted for the transmute.

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

There is no dungeon team, they’ve been farmed over to the Living Story team. So they can design the awesome Canach’s Lair.

Retired. Too many casuals.

SkyChef.5432

There is no dungeon team, they’ve been farmed over to the Living Story team. So they can design the awesome Canach’s Lair.

The custodian dept probably are taking over the dungeon team, since they still do some trivial fixes on FoTM contents. Another stealth fix I’ve encountered today on Level 46, is Old Tom’s poison projectiles are no longer absorbed by Shield of Avenger. But we found couple ways to beat Old Tom easily, w/o SoA (range & melee). I no longer run w/ PUG so the info is safe w/ me.

Rama.6439

The custodian dept probably are taking over the dungeon team, since they still do some trivial fixes on FoTM contents. Another stealth fix I’ve encountered today on Level 46, is Old Tom’s poison projectiles are no longer absorbed by Shield of Avenger. But we found couple ways to beat Old Tom easily, w/o SoA (range & melee). I no longer run w/ PUG so the info is safe w/ me.

I don’t think the custodian’s have done anything yet, I think they would do better then what we have seen so far…

Not to mention the fact that Anet has ruined orr, given us a crap load of Temp content just to remove it and now after all these months what do we get , 1 new world boss, for what? 1 rare a day? YAY!!! Sarcasm if you didn’t get that.

Välkyri – 80 Warrior

(edited by Rama.6439)

Posted by: kanderous.7512

kanderous.7512

Speaking of which, Crystalline Dusts are horribly inflated right now.

“I was literally double fisting water and soymilk into my mouth” ~ Tytos Hill

LordByron.8369

has MAJOR clipping issues with many armor sets and also the upgraded fractal capacitor.. how can a fractal weapon be designed without having the fractal capacitor in mind ? .

you can expect skins to be fixed if you post it in the proper section…

They won t never address gameplay issues of fotm but they at least fix clipping issues.

GW2 balance:

Player Character.9467

Speaking of which, Crystalline Dusts are horribly inflated right now.

All the orr farmers are in southsun

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Not to mention the fact that Anet has ruined orr, given us a crap load of Temp content just to remove it and now after all these months what do we get , 1 new world boss, for what? 1 rare a day? YAY!!! Sarcasm if you didn’t get that.

You are WRONG! The new world boss will give 2 RARES instead of 1! And they will even add a vendor that spawns ONLY if you do the new World Boss event, he will take Karka Shells as currency for unknown, but I’m sure they will be amazing, items! 200000 karka shells for one of them! Amazing, no?