5 berzerker warrior CoF farming

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Benjamin.3024

Benjamin.3024

What is up with these groups forming for CoF farming that they only want 5 zerker warriors in the group.
Is there a specific reason for this ?
I know if you take 5 warriors you can practically keep 25 stacks of might up if done right but wouldn’t that increase the chance of dying ?

If someone can give me more info on this that would be great

Posted by: Black Wolf.7348

Black Wolf.7348

to go trough the dungeon path as fast as possible multiple times to farm money.

shouldnt be hard to find a non berzerker group

Posted by: Advert Paperer.7059

Advert Paperer.7059

wouldn’t [full berzerker gear] increase the chance of dying ?

If you were going “blind” into a new dungeon? Yes. If you were going into Fractals, or something else with varied mechanics (e.g. enemies using heavy CC and AoE attacks)? Yes. Facing concentrated ranged firepower, as in Caudecus Manor? Yes. In a PvP fight? Yes.

Players understand the mechanics of CoF path 1 extremely well. They know that most of the mobs can be skipped, ignored, or leashed. The unskippable stuff (e.g. Slave Driver, Flame Legion Blademasters guarding the braziers, Searing Cauldron Effigy) can simply be killed very quickly because it does not dodge, evade, or punish (e.g. fireshield, retaliation). The all-zerk party might not fare well in a battle of attrition, but CoF P1 is amenable to blitzkrieg tactics and so that’s what they use.

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

It’s not like CoF1 has a whole lot of mechanics though. You kill 2 elites, one champion and a legendary monster.

Posted by: Scootabuser.4915

Scootabuser.4915

It’s 4 warriors and 1 mesmer.
Or as the pros do it 2 thieves 2 warriors 1 mesmer.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/10g-Hr-CoF-Farming-Beginners-Guide/first

It’s the party make-up for dungeon farming, you find the easiest fastest dungeon, you go pure DPS and just pound the bosses as fast as possible with omnombars, you can make a buttload of money.

Interestingly enough if you look at the top dungeon players, it’s the same way high level DUNGEONS are run too, you just end the fight as quickly as possible.

High level fractals are similar, but you usually use a guardian for support instead of mesmer, and the DPS heroes are Enig (vuln) , Necro (condition), Thief (pure dps) Warrior (banners)

Insert Personal Achievements and/or Youtube Channel Here

Posted by: Benjamin.3024

Benjamin.3024

So basically as a guardian you are kinda forced to do CoF with a normal mixed class group.
Thank god i’m leveling a warrior then so that i can have a taste of that farming

Bukkebruse.2810

You could also join a guild that isn’t full of wannabe elitist scrublords.

Posted by: Spiky.8403

Spiky.8403

I really hope devs will cut this crap soon. This 4 zerk war + mesmer BS is around too long. Very good example of “balanced” classes. Not like it would be a problem itself, but little brains of some individuals cannot stand anyone except party formation stated above, as it might take 20 seconds longer to finish the path.

Posted by: Hasteo.6437

Hasteo.6437

So basically as a guardian you are kinda forced to do CoF with a normal mixed class group.
Thank god i’m leveling a warrior then so that i can have a taste of that farming

Your not forced to do anything. I run a Guard and I just create my own speed/gold run groups. Just yesterday I created a group (gw2lfg) that consisted of 1 mes, 2 guards, 2 wars and we ran p1 in 6min 38sec. We ran p1 5 times and it was all completed under 7min in each of the runs. Thats is just as fast as 1mes and 4 wars.

Hasteo [EVOH] – Maguuma

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/10g-Hr-CoF-Farming-Beginners-Guide/first

It’s the party make-up for dungeon farming, you find the easiest fastest dungeon, you go pure DPS and just pound the bosses as fast as possible with omnombars, you can make a buttload of money.

Interestingly enough if you look at the top dungeon players, it’s the same way high level DUNGEONS are run too, you just end the fight as quickly as possible.

High level fractals are similar, but you usually use a guardian for support instead of mesmer, and the DPS heroes are Enig (vuln) , Necro (condition), Thief (pure dps) Warrior (banners)

You have NO idea what your talking about throughout your entire post.

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

You have NO idea what your talking about throughout your entire post.

False, lol. For the most effective runs, he has it down pat.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

(edited by ArcTheFallen.7682)

Bukkebruse.2810

Fun =/= Efficiency
Let’s not start a discussion on this btw, there have already been too many of them

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

What is up with these groups forming for CoF farming that they only want 5 zerker warriors in the group.
Is there a specific reason for this ?
I know if you take 5 warriors you can practically keep 25 stacks of might up if done right but wouldn’t that increase the chance of dying ?

If someone can give me more info on this that would be great

Long answer short: It is CoF1 being too easy.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

To me, AC is easier than CoF p1. Ive had countless bad teams wipe on Slave Driver, or unable to kill effigy. Very very few fail AC path1. If they do, they get a ele.

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

To me, AC is easier than CoF p1. Ive had countless bad teams wipe on Slave Driver, or unable to kill effigy. Very very few fail AC path1. If they do, they get a ele.

Oh please. The Burrows part in AC1 and AC3 are harder and requires more team effort than the whole of CoF1.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Ioflux.4369

Ioflux.4369

Oh please. The Burrows part in AC1 and AC3 are harder and requires more team effort than the whole of CoF1.

What team effort? Those events can be solo’d.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Fun =/= Efficiency
Let’s not start a discussion on this btw, there have already been too many of them

You are telling people to not start a discussion on this by starting a discussion on this?

Posted by: Scootabuser.4915

Scootabuser.4915

I see the same 4 people in every one of these threads. We should do fractals together.

Insert Personal Achievements and/or Youtube Channel Here

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

The biggest reason is because the tokens from COF can be used to buy yellow gear for only 30 tokens that can be used to break down into globs of ectos increasing your money/hr compared to any lesser level dungeon such as AC which requires 180 tokens.

COF is simply tough to beat.

Kodiak X – Blackgate