7 dailies... no ring?

7 dailies... no ring?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Tierra.8615

Tierra.8615

Ok, I get it, it’s rng. But c’mon 7 daily chests and not a single ring while others I play with have got a ring from almost every daily. At first I figured I would get a ring sooner or later since so many people got them, but this is getting ridiculous. I like a challenge but having to progress from 20-30 with 5 agony resistance is a pain when you know there are people around with 30 resistance and far into the 30s already.

Very annoying design of loot. Otherwise awesome dungeon!

Edit: Make that 8 potential dailies with no ring. Starting to think there’s some bug in this system…

(edited by Tierra.8615)

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

Well, this dungeon has only been out for 4 or 5 days.

I currently just finished my 4th level 10+ daily chest. and still no ring for me.

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Aga.8641

Aga.8641

The whole RNG system involving these rings is utter bullkitten and needs to be changed. if the rings weren’t so important at lvl20+ it’d be just fine, but they are extremely important. When a decent amount of people will reach lvl20 without getting a ring it’s bullkitten.

I’m only on lvl17 myself and I have not yet got a ring, I just know given my exceedingly bad luck with RNG I won’t get one either. So you’re just left with the choice of going back and farming lvls 10/12/14/16/18 hoping you’ll eventually get a ring, continue without one and pray the rest of your team has theirs and can carry you or just say enough is enough and stop doing the dungeon…

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Shaikhob.2863

Shaikhob.2863

I’ve had 2 people in my static get a ring 4 days in a row. However when it comes to the other 3 of us… the only reason we are able to somewhat make it past 20+ is because we’ve upgraded our backpacks.

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Aqualung.8561

Aqualung.8561

I haven’t gotten a ring yet also.

The dailies are only for even numbered difficulties right?
2-4-6-8 = one daily
10-12-14-16-18 = another daily

Is that right? Should I do the daily on higher levels for better chance of loot or any of the ones past 10 will have the same chance?

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Tenicord.9803

Tenicord.9803

I think your chances should increase based on dailies for stuff like that I mean in RNG means that someone just utterly will never get it no matter how many times they do it. I don’t know the code but I hope there is something in there to prevent that from happening.

“Our Time Is Now”
Waylon- lvl 80 Guardian
Trism – lvl 80 Engineer

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Eldiora.5836

Eldiora.5836

Im hereon 5 dailies no ring. I have been doing 3 of those with the same guy who has now 3 rings. A pattern? Could this be a bug where some players simply never receive the ring and other have it as a fix drop?

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

Although I’ve done 2 daily bonus rounds with no ring. I do see other team mates get them which is a good sign.

I think Anet should increase the drop rate on the rings and bring it up to 50% chance. This way, many people will have the ring (and many rings) and need more backpack space or bank account space (which equals more money for them through gem purchases) a win-win scenario (Anet makes more money and the players are kept happy).

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

We seriously need a proper explanation on the so called “progression” as A-Net advertised this new dungeon. How can someone progress when he is dependent on luck? When are you going to realize that people want to achieve something in this game by not crossing their fingers every time they loot? RNG is alright for skins but not for gear that is mendatory – it becomes cancer.

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Misfit.2907

Misfit.2907

I also don’t like how this system is working. Just got into lvl 21 without any ascended gear so far. Just stepping on the platform Jade Maw is on instantly kills me. I don’t understand how they want us to progress when we have to redo a level and farm it until we get a ring. We have a static group and 3 of my party members all have ascended gear now. 2 of us don’t have any. I don’t get why a party member of mine would get a for every single daily and the rest of us nothing.

Sorry for the rant but its frustrating trying to progress but seem like you aren’t making any when you have to rely on your team to fully revive you just because you don’t have gear. We’ll end up getting gear checks and all that other crap that made me go crazy. I just want to know why we have to use RNG instead of just rewarding the players a one time ring for reaching that level.

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

I got 2 rings in a row, from levels 10 and 12 respectively. Don’t give up!

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Eldiora.5836

Eldiora.5836

Day 6 another Day no ring dropped. Someone in my group just got his 4th….

(edited by Eldiora.5836)

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Devs already said it’s random and you have to pray it’s your lucky day. Nothing new on the horizon, keep repeating

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

We don’t know what the drop % on this ring is. The developers say its random but for all we know it could be a bug where some people will never get it.

If the drop chance is not known then we cannot calculate statistcal probabilities. For example, if the drop chance is 50% and you have done the daily 10 times in a row without a drop, the statical likelyhood of this scenario occuring is 1 in 1024.

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

Could be worse. Could have done over 50 Fractals and still not have a single Vial of Condensed Mist Essence to make a new back piece with.

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Sonea.8056

Sonea.8056

Yes is really frustrating. I am actually lvl 27, i have done arround 10 daily chest after level 10. And i got 0 ring. Is frustrating cuse if i miss one escape on agony i am dead just that. All my ppl have minimum 15 resist, i have just 5 …..

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Ethos.4987

Ethos.4987

The RNG for ascended items is totally bullkitten.

I didn’t mind them putting in new items with higher stats, i didn’t mind them putting in required items to progress, i didn’t mind them making us do this specific type of content to get these items.

I DO mind the RNG on these rings (and even on the Vials). It’s just a stupid way of slowing us down.

You told us this was about fun & player skill. We didn’t need to grind the same & same thing over and over again to get the item with the stats we wanted.

Guess what, it’s even that and worse. I’m not lucky enough to get any Ascended ring to progress further and even if I would be lucky… what’s the chance that with my luck it will be the stats I require for that item.

If you followed your Manifesto then we would have been able to purchase the rings with the mist fragments we receive all the time. At least it would be fair to everyone putting effort in it. And you would also have increased the rewards for higher difficulties, now it’s a shame really you get 6 fragments instead of 5. The other “better” loot is only luck dependant.

I’m a heavy supporter on all your discisions AreaNet but why the hell do you keep throwing that RNG in our face for needed items. Who ever thought this was a good idea?

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Bongo.4853

Bongo.4853

Yes is really frustrating. I am actually lvl 27, i have done arround 10 daily chest after level 10. And i got 0 ring. Is frustrating cuse if i miss one escape on agony i am dead just that. All my ppl have minimum 15 resist, i have just 5 …..

haha I’m in the same exact situation. I’m on lvl 27 with only the back piece. I’ve done the lvl 20 daily 3 times now and the lvl 10 daily idk how many times but I havn’t missed a day. I can usually survive 1 agony without any additional damage but in the case I do take more dmg I go down and hopefully get rezd before I get targeted for agony again (excluding maw ofcourse, I’m just a sitting duck there).

Other people in my group have gotten 4+ rings, I pretty much have to rely on them to rez me during maw and any times I fail to evade and die.

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Sleepy.2647

Sleepy.2647

So far i’ve done 5 dailys and got 5 rings, so it must be some kind of bug i’m sure, that or the odds are not in favour of some people.

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Targuil.3741

Targuil.3741

I’ve done 6 dailies from 10-19 tier and 2 dailies from 20-29 tier. Zero rings. And to add some insult to injury, one of the 20-29 tier dailies gave me fractal shortbow which I cant even use on any of my chars.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
I think I should remove this quote given the recent developement.

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Hawt.9425

Hawt.9425

I’ve done 6 dailies from 10-19 tier and 2 dailies from 20-29 tier. Zero rings. And to add some insult to injury, one of the 20-29 tier dailies gave me fractal shortbow which I cant even use on any of my chars.

any agony on the wep?

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Targuil.3741

Targuil.3741

any agony on the wep?

No, it doesnt even have any other stats except exotic’s damage value, it’s for transmuting only.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
I think I should remove this quote given the recent developement.

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: BUTTERBLUME.3217

BUTTERBLUME.3217

And that is it.
Goodbye Arenanet. No ring after several dailies and then I get disconnected midway through the dungeon.
Sorry, but this is not why I started playing this game, I am done.

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Aga.8641

Aga.8641

RNG on NECESSARY items is so kittening stupid. I would really love to see a red post explaining why that made it this way…

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Bubbles.1047

Bubbles.1047

Wait, what? These are random? I’m just starting to get into the early teens with my fractals and the agony is starting to hurt like kitten. I just assumed some agony res would be awarded to help combat it. Kitten. I’ve played since release and have never seen an exotic drop, and now I’m supposed to wait until an ascended drops at random? And I only get one chance per day? Really? Guess I’m done with this dungeon…

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Bregah.7365

Bregah.7365

RNG for key items is bad.

Really bad.

I’ve done 61 fractals and have gotten 4 vials, but I know someone who’s done 53 and gotten none. No good reason for that.

I’ve only done the level 10 daily twice, but no ring yet. Know someone who’s gotten 2.

If these were just “good items” that’s one thing, but with Agony, they’re semi-required items, as I’m sure if Agony was removed from 10+ then Exotics would be fine.

But since Agony is there, Agony resistance is, at some point needed. But it is acquired via RNG, and that’s just…bad design.

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

I’ve only just started at 10+, having done 2 dailies, and no ring drops. Some other guys in my party did get rings, though.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Darx.9842

Darx.9842

I don’t understand why everyone is calling them “dailies”

There’s a bonus round every even numbered level correct? What’s daily about that?

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Bonus chest is daily.

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Pigwig.9813

Pigwig.9813

I’m starting to think that its a bug in the RNG that will bias people to either ring or no ring depending on whether they got it in their first daily (ie. if they got one first go, they will keep getting them and vice versa). I’ve started a thread to track whether this is the case in https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/wanna-check-for-bug-with-Fotm-dailies/first#post833502. If it is indeed a bug then it would be nice to have some evidence to show to the developers so that they can get a fix out asap. I need people who have gotten no ring first time but then gotten rings afterwards to prove my theory wrong. If you know people like this please let me know.

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Humposaurus.5764

Humposaurus.5764

Its no bug. Its just bad luck. I’m pretty sure that when a ring drops for you guys you’ll be jumping up and down your seat. So just relax, take a deep breath, play the game or an other game or w/e you do to relax. You’ll get one sooner or later.

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Exercise.5106

Exercise.5106

and when I finally get one the guy next to me has about 48 of them and takes like 2 damage from agony. totally fair

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

Bonus chest is daily.

The one after beating the Jade Maw?

I’ve gotten it 4 times in a day. I probably would have gotten it more if we had continued another round of 7 Fractals.

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

RNG is nice as long there is a back-up sure-fire way of obtaining a similar item without relying on randomness to praise you with happiness. In the case GW2, maybe an item of similar stats but different skin (or icon in the case of rings). The token system is brilliant and has that feeling that you’re looking forward to something that you know for certain you’ll get if you put in the effort to obtain it. The rings could work like that if RNG doesn’t feel like awarding you despite you putting in the effort to repeatedly clear content.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Dookies.2718

Dookies.2718

6 dailies no ring here.

Now getting into the mid 20s and have only 5 agony res from back piece, while other people have multiple rings already, getting a ring from every daily they have done so far.

(edited by Dookies.2718)

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

How do the chests with the ring work? some people say it’s every even levels, and some say it’s only daily, can people pls clarify, I only do lvl 10 a day hoping i get the ring from it.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

This is getting fishy. Those who already got their rings, keep getting more. Those who don’t still don’t get them. I’m noticing a pattern here and Anet needs to look into it. The probability of this happening is very unlikely which leads me to believe there is something wrong with the coding.

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

I can confirm that it’s not a bug and that it truly is random.

I was playing lvl 10 yesterday to do the daily with a team mate and when asked, she said that she’s done lvl 10 more times then she could remember. When we got up to the maw and defeated it – she and another team mate had got the ascended ring (and it was an awesome one too she linked it for me)

So yeah, it truly is random and not a bug so keep at it guys. I almost feel as if Anet intended these ‘choke’ points to allow everyone else some time to catch up in difficulty (as strange as it may sound I think it actually works).

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

Ok, I get it, it’s rng. But c’mon 7 daily chests and not a single ring while others I play with have got a ring from almost every daily. At first I figured I would get a ring sooner or later since so many people got them, but this is getting ridiculous. I like a challenge but having to progress from 20-30 with 5 agony resistance is a pain when you know there are people around with 30 resistance and far into the 30s already.

Very annoying design of loot. Otherwise awesome dungeon!

Edit: Make that 8 potential dailies with no ring. Starting to think there’s some bug in this system…

Must be a bug. I’m in the same boat as you, I never get a ring, yet people in my party almost always do.

Infact, there appears to be just two people: People who get rings all the time, and people who never get rings. This seems to be a bug.

If it’s no bug, then this is probably the biggest mandatory RNGfest I’ve seen in any western MMO. Don’t forget, on top of only having one shot at one ring per 24 hours, you still have to deal with the extra ‘bonus RNG’ of actually getting the rings you need.

Since this is the only way to obtain ascended gear, this is… Terrible, to put it nicely.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

7 dailies... no ring?

Posted by: Pukknub.7368

Pukknub.7368

Well. This is even more stupid.
http://i.imgur.com/4BuQp.png

Pukknub
Proud member of Velocity [VcY]