7 months later still no LFG search

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

7 months after the game has been released and I still have to visit a 3RD party website to find a dungeon group. Honestly this should be top priority on the update list not laurels and living 3achievement story.

Everytime it gets brought up “a team is hard at work blah blah blah” how about you step up and actually get it done because this is one of the most important updates this game needs to survive.

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

well for now you have gw2lfg.com

edit: But i do agree that they should have included this in the first place.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Posted by: Gelltor.3015

Gelltor.3015

I don’t understand why people get so worked up about this,the lfg site is perfectly functional,so I don’t see why the devs should devote resources to making something that can already be gotten…..
And besides,if they do make one and it’s not as good as the lfg site,then it will actually hurt the dungeon finding as people will just be usin that one.

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

I don’t understand why people get so worked up about this,the lfg site is perfectly functional,so I don’t see why the devs should devote resources to making something that can already be gotten…..
And besides,if they do make one and it’s not as good as the lfg site,then it will actually hurt the dungeon finding as people will just be usin that one.

Up till 3 days ago I was using a weak rig, and it could barely run the game alone, not mentioning having to minimize it and open a site at the same time was out of the question.

A LFG system is required because you can’t relly finding party in just one server and LA is already overpopulated with people asking for party. And a LFG system has to be IN the game’s engine so you won’t have to type weird names every time you want to invite someone, and manually manage and keeping an eye on a system on another window or device while playing is tedious.

…and don’t be toxic!

Gelltor.3015

You can open it on mobile devices too,if switching tabs is a pain.
As for the rest,a party in just one server? You can do dungeons with anyone in the same region and you can guest for PVE .
As for the weird names,control V and control P them?

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Well, from what I’ve seen, gw2lfg.com is far better than anything ANet would come up with. For one, it’s not buggy, and it doesn’t break 3 other things when you use it…

Posted by: Revolution.6301

Revolution.6301

Its because its such as common feature in any mmo now-a-days. Idk why Anet would not include such as logical feature that would not be hard to implement. This just shows a lack of polish.

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

lol LFG in this game would work better then in ANY other MMO

there is no Healer Tank DPS

so basically we would always get Insta qoue after insta qoue

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Its because its such as common feature in any mmo now-a-days. Idk why Anet would not include such as logical feature that would not be hard to implement. This just shows a lack of polish.

Another common (universal?) feature is a customizeable UI. They’re not going to do that, either. I’ve no idea why – I’d be embarrased if I’d released a UI like that…

Anyway, I honestly hope they don’t bother with a LFG tool. Some enterprising person gave us a good one with gw2lfg.com – they should work on polishing other areas of the game.

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

I don’t understand why people get so worked up about this,the lfg site is perfectly functional,so I don’t see why the devs should devote resources to making something that can already be gotten.....

All the site does is allow people to send invites to one another without having to be in the right zone / server to see one another. It does not form the groups for players, get them into the dungeon, or the like.

An in-game tool to queue would be a step above the site in that you could select the dungeon(s) you want and immediately get partied with others who want the same. You wouldn’t have to wait for someone to read your listing or send you a whisper/invite. And I suppose if some people are the more shy type (?) that doesn’t feel comfortable sending join requests or whatever a built-in LFG tool would help them out?

The site does have great options for filtering and specifying things like which path or if you’re a new player, etc. that an in-game tool for quick queues likely wouldn’t, though.

(edited by synk.6907)

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

I genuinely don’t understand why you don’t understand.

Posted by: pixieish.9627

pixieish.9627

Oh please, why would ANet include LFG? It makes too much sense!

Reiseiji, Guardian, Fabulous Spec
Kaschen, Engi, Nerfed Spec
Devona’s Refugee, recently arrived to F.Aspenwood

Revolution.6301

Oh please, why would ANet include LFG? It makes too much sense!

O.O I think your right!

Dr Ritter.1327

it is 2013 a feature to FIND A GROUP should be standard in an MMO, especially one that markets itself as SOCIAL

The Paragon
#beastgate

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

Lazy, incompetent, ignorant. 3 words that descripe what I think of ANet whenever a thread like this pops up.

No LFG tool.
No Last online indicator.
More and more grind.
Gated content.

Apart from some minor bug fixes and Profession nerfs, the game is in the same state it was at launch. No way has there been 7 months worth of work put into the game since then. A lot of the time I log in, play for a little bit, then quickly start asking myself ’What’s the point?’.

What’s the problem? We have children’s fluffy toy backpacks. I wouldn’t trade those for all the polish and game balance in the world. :-/

Posted by: VidGhost.3215

VidGhost.3215

I think the LFG tool (website) is the best thing in GW2 … !

Oh wait.. its not in GW2 LOL … so the best thing in this game isnt even made by the people who make the game.

You would think someone from Anet would be all over this by now.
At least they didn’t have any server problems like Simcity2013 did at launch! lol (J/K)

(edited by VidGhost.3215)

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

More and more grind.
Gated content.

You grind for cosmetics. All your base functionality in PVE is bought with 30 silver rares or 4 gold exotics if you want to be stingy about it. Gear is literally given out in SPVP/TPVP. Everyone is upscaled to a base power level in WvW, not that it matters when you’re not soloing.

You can see all the fractal dungeons in levels 1-10. Which require zero agony resistance. What gated content are you talking about?

Posted by: Craywulf.5793

Craywulf.5793

LFG website is for people who lack the courtesy to socialize in-game. A LFG tool is extremely discriminatory. It fosters the notion that you are in the game for others to use to fill a role.

Socializing is hard, but it needs to be encouraged otherwise we are just bunch brats with each other when we don’t get what we want.

Posted by: Bob.5732

Bob.5732

I guess to each their own, but as far as my experience goes the gw2lfg.com site, it is total garbage and I hate using that. I’m just a pretty casual player with no intentions of running a ton of dungeons, but dungeons are one major component of the game that I haven’t had much to do with so far. And this is primarily due to the lack of a LFG tool. I HATE using chat for LFG. I HATE using 3rd party website. THERE NEEDS TO BE A GOOD IN-GAME LFG TOOL….PERIOD.

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

It’s pretty contradictory for a game that has been advertised as a ‘social’ game lacking this social feature.

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Gelltor.3015

it is 2013 a feature to FIND A GROUP should be standard in an MMO, especially one that markets itself as SOCIAL

No I agree that it should have been there from the start,just the lfg site is up now and it’s being updated with newer stuff alot,I just don’t see the point in anet adding another one into the game itself just so people don’t have to switch tabs to find a group….
AND randomly CAPITALISING words doesn’t help get a POINT across any better.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Is there some reason gw2lfg.com isn’t working for you? I don’t see any reason for the devs to waste time and effort on something that has already been perfectly and successfully implemented. They have many other important things they are working on and bugs they are fixing. This would just be a redundant waste of time.

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

Well if you’re so SOCIAL why don’t you have a guild to run with or a group of friends, why do you need a LFG tool?

I have never, not once used a website or had to spam to find a group for anything. I have a guild for that.

Flamenco.3894

How succesful is it if any new-comer doesn’t know about the site? It’s not written anywhere on the manual.

@Halanna
That you never had to use it is not a good argument of why people will not ever need it. People sometimes play at times when most people are at work or asleep. Sometimes the server is just not populated enough or people are somewhere else doing things that they want. A LFG tool for people across the servers, within the region, would be highly efficient. Not only would be finding groups of people for certain dungeons way quicker but it would bring the people of the GW2 community a little bit closer to eachother.

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

well let’s be honest, any system they add will be inferior to gw2lfg anyway…

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Flamenco.3894

well let’s be honest, any system they add will be inferior to gw2lfg anyway…

Alright, let’s praise the community for making a great tool for the game. Let’s be wary of the fact that Anet failed to deliver a successful and useful tool in their own game.

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

I bet it will be part of the extended experience. During GW2s development, they mentioned what kind of ideas they had about tying in GW2 with off kinds of web tools you can use to interact with the game even when you’ve not started it. I imagine a lfg tool accessible with a browser and smartphone would be one of the things they’d like to do, another being out of game gear inspect(they call it armory).

I wouldn’t expect an official lfg tool until they announce their EE project.

Dr Ritter.1327

LFG website is for people who lack the courtesy to socialize in-game. A LFG tool is extremely discriminatory. It fosters the notion that you are in the game for others to use to fill a role.

Socializing is hard, but it needs to be encouraged otherwise we are just bunch brats with each other when we don’t get what we want.

Sorry we don’t all enjoy siting in LA for 4 hours getting message suppressed trying to spam LFG

The Paragon
#beastgate

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

A Dungeon Finder is in the works! Until then, use GW2LFG ! Sure it’s a 3rd party website but it’s really your only option if you prefer to stay solo.

It’s either that, or join a guild that contains like-minded individuals who also like doing dungeons.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Actually this Website can actually be used to abuse in game players, i was abused this way…

Basically i had a disagreement with some players in game and they put my name into this website and i was harassed for hours by poor players trying to get a party, i didn’t even know until someone said i’d been trolled, i went to this site (i’d never even been too before) and sure enough my characters name was there asking for a cof group, this should not be allowed to happen and shows how uncontrolled 3rd party sites are suspect.

Flamenco.3894

Actually this Website can actually be used to abuse in game players, i was abused this way…

Basically i had a disagreement with some players in game and they put my name into this website and i was harassed for hours by poor players trying to get a party, i didn’t even know until someone said i’d been trolled, i went to this site (i’d never even been too before) and sure enough my characters name was there asking for a cof group, this should not be allowed to happen and shows how uncontrolled 3rd party sites are suspect.

That’s actually pretty hilarious.

An in-game LFG tool would be able to prevent this.

Posted by: Rifter.6591

Rifter.6591

This is not the first time i have seen this posted, this has happened to 2 of my RL freinds that play as well. This is also why i refuse to use the site because it has no block feature you can use to stop this type of abuse.

For those of you saying just use the website and we dont need it in game you guys are missing the point, a built in feature would automatically put together the parties and not require a third part site that is wide open to abuse, it would also be alot faster and much more convienant.

The fact that this game has made it 7 months without this feature is just sad.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

They just need to take the LFG tool from GW1, and add it to GW2. That’s it. The one in GW1 was perfect. Except make it zone wide so you can be anywhere and still find groups.

Just don’t make an auto-queue system like WoW and all those other MMOs have. We don’t need that sort of laziness here. Keep it like GW1’s LFG tool and everything will be fine.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: A bitz.3825

A bitz.3825

Sorry we don’t all enjoy siting in LA for 4 hours getting message suppressed trying to spam LFG

I know right I’d like to use my posts to vent alil since they really have no barring.

Specially trying to form a group fast enough before players start abandoning your group is troublesome in itself. On top of some dungeons not being popular just trying to enlist players to do something you’d like to do is quite the chore for the leader.

I would absolutly love gw2 if it had a queue system to take some of the headache away. Queue/play while you wait. Genius for the casual and PuG (pick up group) players. It’s quite simple, if you want something from a dungeon you got to form it yourself but it’s not always an enjoyable process as leader. Pleeeease ANet if you read these posts it’d be fantastic.

P.S. I’m not interested in those of you who say you are in a guild, to go get a guild or those who have had miraculous luck in forming groups quickly. It simply has not been the case for me and guilds is a whole other ball game of mystery guests that you may shoot yourself in the foot for deciding to join them randomly.

At least in a PuG it’s not so… lasting that you would have to continuously deal with the same players encase you do have bad apples for your tastes. I also do not mean just flat out arguing with other players, some people you just end up not liking to be around and do not care for anything they have to say and that’s normal.

Being in that guild would cause some issues for me because I can’t flat out ignore someone to get out of their presence without everyone else jumping on you. Double edged sword for me always.

My attitude leans towards having fun with everyone and making that process easier is always good. To say NO to having a easier system for players to meet up and play together sounds silly in a MMO. More options always trumps none.

Posted by: Bob.5732

Bob.5732

Is there some reason gw2lfg.com isn’t working for you? I don’t see any reason for the devs to waste time and effort on something that has already been perfectly and successfully implemented. They have many other important things they are working on and bugs they are fixing. This would just be a redundant waste of time.

Whether or not someone think gw2lfg.com is successful or not is all relative. You clearly feel that it is a good tool and don’t want to “waste” dev time and energy on an in-game LFG tool. I, however feel that an in-game LFG tool is very much needed and very much worth dev time & energy. I can’t stand gw2lfg.com and is a waste IMO. Anyway, that’s my 2 cents.

vespers.1759

Whether or not someone think gw2lfg.com is successful or not is all relative. You clearly feel that it is a good tool and don’t want to “waste” dev time and energy on an in-game LFG tool. I, however feel that an in-game LFG tool is very much needed and very much worth dev time & energy. I can’t stand gw2lfg.com and is a waste IMO. Anyway, that’s my 2 cents.

why can’t you stand it? i know a lot of EU people have trouble with the tabs but beyond that it seems pretty simple to use.

Rifter.6591

why can’t you stand it? i know a lot of EU people have trouble with the tabs but beyond that it seems pretty simple to use.

The fact that is has ZERO tools to protect you from abuse as i and Dante mentioned above is more than enough reason to never use it IMO.

vespers.1759

The fact that is has ZERO tools to protect you from abuse as i and Dante mentioned above is more than enough reason to never use it IMO.

how could an ingame system stop them from putting your name up on a 3rd party site and doing the same thing?

Dr Ritter.1327

They just need to take the LFG tool from GW1, and add it to GW2. That’s it. The one in GW1 was perfect. Except make it zone wide so you can be anywhere and still find groups.

Just don’t make an auto-queue system like WoW and all those other MMOs have. We don’t need that sort of laziness here. Keep it like GW1’s LFG tool and everything will be fine.

yes party search in gw1 was the best

The Paragon
#beastgate

Rifter.6591

how could an ingame system stop them from putting your name up on a 3rd party site and doing the same thing?

If there was a in game system no one would use the third party site and it wouldnt exsist.

Posted by: thisolderhead.5127

thisolderhead.5127

To be honest I am just sitting back and waiting for an “exploit”, and the rage at Anet to begin.

All it will take is a little javascript and suddenly we will hear one hundred billion voices all at once claiming the servers were comprimised and that ANet is responsible.

And who will be to blame, the guy who skips updates and clicks blind links – or Anet for not finishing the LFG tool? Really who would you point at first?

Feeling bad due to my response does not mean it was a personal attack.
It may just be that your original statement was wrong.
Please try again.

Craywulf.5793

If you’re standing around spamming the chatbox, then you’re obviously failing miserably at socializing.

What many here don’t seem to understand is that socializing is two way street, you need to actually show others your worthwhile to play with if you have any hopes of gaining a playmate. The best way to socialize in this game is actually go out and assist someone in PvE, WvW, or even in a random sPvP match. When another player sees you help them, they generally respond in kind. The rest is up to you in how you convince them to play with you.

Otherwise standing around in LA screaming (spamming) " Look at me! Play with me! fill the role I’ve designated for you or leave me alone!" Of course I’m exaggerating here, but point is there’s no social aspect here. You either fill someone’s role or they want no part of you. That’s like going to store and just plucking the ripe grapes off the whole stems and discarding the rest.

Socializing is really not that hard, but it’s certainly possible in GW2. You actually have to be nice to someone. Heaven forbid you should actually play the game and meet someone on equal terms. Nobody like to be discarded or treated as anything less than human. Many players seriously underestimate how discriminatory and soulless the LFG tool is.

Revolution.6301

If you’re standing around spamming the chatbox, then you’re obviously failing miserably at socializing.

What many here don’t seem to understand is that socializing is two way street, you need to actually show others your worthwhile to play with if you have any hopes of gaining a playmate. The best way to socialize in this game is actually go out and assist someone in PvE, WvW, or even in a random sPvP match. When another player sees you help them, they generally respond in kind. The rest is up to you in how you convince them to play with you.

Otherwise standing around in LA screaming (spamming) " Look at me! Play with me! fill the role I’ve designated for you or leave me alone!" Of course I’m exaggerating here, but point is there’s no social aspect here. You either fill someone’s role or they want no part of you. That’s like going to store and just plucking the ripe grapes off the whole stems and discarding the rest.

Socializing is really not that hard, but it’s certainly possible in GW2. You actually have to be nice to someone. Heaven forbid you should actually play the game and meet someone on equal terms. Nobody like to be discarded or treated as anything less than human. Many players seriously underestimate how discriminatory and soulless the LFG tool is.

Don’t bash him illogically! Do it logically next time okay?

If I log in right now, no one is on I want to meet with someone Now not wait a few hours to find someone.

Dr Ritter.1327

ain’t nobody got time for that

The Paragon
#beastgate

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

I guess to each their own, but as far as my experience goes the gw2lfg.com site, it is total garbage and I hate using that. I’m just a pretty casual player with no intentions of running a ton of dungeons, but dungeons are one major component of the game that I haven’t had much to do with so far. And this is primarily due to the lack of a LFG tool. I HATE using chat for LFG. I HATE using 3rd party website. THERE NEEDS TO BE A GOOD IN-GAME LFG TOOL….PERIOD.

^ This, I also hate the gw2lfg.com site, could never understand how to use it… yes I must be stupid… :P

I would love to do FOTM but everyone is looking for lvl 20+, how are we meant to get in?

My suggestion is you enter the dungeon and if you’re not in a group already it asks you if you want to join a queue. If you say yes you are put with the next 4 toons and your in! How simple is that?!

Oh, and a single player dungeon or 2 would be great as well.

Posted by: thisolderhead.5127

thisolderhead.5127

See – problem in living case, ain’t no thing till it is yo!

You are asking players who may not speak with anyone in their household for days at a time to learn simple manners and apply them without any threat or sanction.

What is worrying is the number of them who would show greater respect for guild member or leader, than a colleague or boss…

Feeling bad due to my response does not mean it was a personal attack.
It may just be that your original statement was wrong.
Please try again.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Have you guys ever been on an MMO forum before. Some of you are making it sound like an LFG tool is great for all players and everyone wants them.

I remember on Rift, before there was an LFG tool (yes it took quite a while for Rift to introduce one) and the infighting on the forums was brutal.

I’d say there were nearly as many people against an LFG tool and for it. I’ve seen the same argument on guru. Look it up if you don’t believe me.

Those who love LFG tools can’t imagine how any game can launch without them. Those who hate LFG tools can’t imagine wanting one in any game.

People make it sound like every major AAA MMO has launched with an LFG tool and this is simply not the case.

I’m pretty sure Anet has enough contraversy without having to throw that into the fray. lol

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

Really? You don’t understand…

You don’t understand why it’s frustrating to go searching outside the game just to have full access to an in-game feature? You don’t understand why people dislike using an external tool to form up parties in a game that promotes community play? You don’t understand that any process that forces you to look outside the game is not healthy for the game’s environment?

Well, then how about this. Not everyone playing the game knows about the website, nor should they care about the website. Since most players expect to find everything they need to play the game will already be implemented within the game.

(edited by Azjenco.9425)

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

There is in IG LFG tool since launch.

Nobody uses it and it has limited functionalities, but it exists.

Craywulf.5793

ain’t nobody got time for that

I call bullcrap. If you play a MMO or even post on these forums crying afoul, you have plenty of time on your hands. Don’t be lazy.