A Plea to downgrade dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: chromaticwyrm.8435

chromaticwyrm.8435

Since the update where there is no re-spawn in a fight dungeons have become near impossible. Maybe it’s just me but if the community agrees please put in your opinion politely so areanet knows..Please lower how much damage/ac dungeon creatures have in light of the no re-spawn it’s getting very hard to find people even willing to do dungeons because of it. Or get rid of no re-spawn.

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

Actually, it is easy to find groups. As the in-game LFG tool is very weak, most dungeon runners use GW2LFG to find groups. You can find groups to do all dungeons there.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

Posted by: pudin.8735

pudin.8735

Dungeons are already easy enough the way it is, its ridiculous, I can only see people crying on this forum, nerf nerf nerf nerf.

Posted by: Minibiskit.6158

Minibiskit.6158

I actually like the difficulty for lvl 80s in dungeons. At low levels, dungeons are a challenge to even survive, so I don’t bother doing them until max level. I wish ANet could somehow buff the survivability of lowbies while preserving the current difficulty for lvl 80s.

Posted by: Khalen Arcana.4320

Khalen Arcana.4320

Hit me up in game sometime if you’re NA and willing to listen and learn. I do dungeons a lot usually no skipping and even if you are 2 or 3 levels below the recommended I don’t care as long as you know your class and listen.

Posted by: Ojimaru.8970

Ojimaru.8970

Dungeon difficulty is fine. Please learn the mechanics of each dungeon fight.

Posted by: Izuna.5307

Izuna.5307

0.0 lowering dungeons lvl i think this game dungeons is the lowest of all mmo already no raid bosses ect

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Dungeons are still super easy.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Posted by: Flint Allbright.9236

Flint Allbright.9236

Hit me up in game sometime if you’re NA and willing to listen and learn. I do dungeons a lot usually no skipping and even if you are 2 or 3 levels below the recommended I don’t care as long as you know your class and listen.

I know Khalen, and he told me about this topic. I’m perfectly willing to help as well. ^^

Not everyone in the community is a “l2p/get better/qq moar” parrot. Some of us are actually willing to help people out.

I will say that dungeons are much harder when you’re the actual level of the dungeon instead of 80. Being 80 certainly helps, but it’s definitely doable at the level of the dungeon, just at a much higher difficulty.

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

I can’t tell if this is a troll attempt or not, but seriously, no. Please do NOT nerf dungeons, instead, increase the difficulty, as it stands, they are way too easy and eventually start to feel more like a chore than an actual gameplay mechanic.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Posted by: Flameseeker.8591

Flameseeker.8591

I took my Mesmer (lv 80) doing AC story mode the first time with PUG the other day. The others were not lv 80 and we got wiped so many times that we got kicked out of the dungeon at the end. I think the difficulty of a dungeon must be set so that PUGs without full exotic gears, and not using vent or something similar be able to do it. Some may say that it will be very easy for an organized group with full exotic gears but the game should not penalized those who do not have the gears yet. After all, doing dungeons is to get those gears.

Posted by: Khalen Arcana.4320

Khalen Arcana.4320

I did all the dungeons my first play through as i and some friends became level appropriate. The first AC run was painful enough I didn’t want to repeat it. But so were most explorable modes. Once you learn the fights and mechanics it gets easier though.

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

All dungeons can be completed at level, with PUGs, and without voice chat. All that it takes is familiarity. If all are new and learning the mechanics then there might be quite a few deaths. But once you learn them, or if you have just one helpful, experienced player, then things can go much smoother.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

I think that most of the dungeons are fine as they are. The only thing I would like to see changed is a fix to all the exploits. People standing in a spot unable to get hit and just auto attacking the boss to death is getting really tiring.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

Posted by: chromaticwyrm.8435

chromaticwyrm.8435

I am not arguing anyone experience in a dungeon. If your great and always have luck with a great group I am glad for you. However it has been my very personal experience that it’s quite the opposite I have had trouble even forming a group only to have players rage quit before the first boss out of frustration. I am sure GW2 wants a game everyone can play not just those who are just really good at such things.

Posted by: Dar Galador.6324

Dar Galador.6324

I don’t that the dungeons are actually too difficult. What I have found is that in order to successfully complete certain path in dungeons the group had to be a certain mix of professions. When the game was first introduced it was advertised the the professions were going to be evenly built to make it so a group could consist of praticaly any combination of professions. I have found that since the update that the groups are now requiring a specific grouping to successfully complete. As an example the new updated CoF path2 dungeon. the damage required to quickly take down the assassins is too high and requires high melee classes. I have done this path a lot have success a lot depending on the clases in the group.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

If anything dungeons must become harder, they are a whole new tier of boredom if you run them more than once.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

Only problem is dungeons are too easy and there aren’t any real challenging boss mechanics.

/no

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

Posted by: Dar Galador.6324

Dar Galador.6324

I know that a lot of people I normally do dungeons have turned away from doing dungeons since the update due to the recent changes. Difficulty is not the problem, but balancing the classes has to be taken into consideration. I enjoy a challenge, but I don’t enjoy telling people they can’t come in the dungeon because they are not the right class.

Posted by: Jabiacas Horologium.4976

Jabiacas Horologium.4976

Ascalonian Catacombs

Story—The Lovers: Reduced health for both bosses and damage from Ralena.
Story—Coffin Intro: Additional coffins cannot be interacted with once the boss shows up.
Story—Ranger: Damage has been reduced for the trap skill.
Story: Some enemy group compositions have been altered.
Story—Adelbern: Reduced damage and modified his melee attack.
Explorable—Detha’s Chain: Decreased the recharge time for cannons in the final event and modified their attacks.
Explorable—Detha’s Chain: Adjusted the respawn rate of the groups at the “Defend Detha and her traps” event.

The dungeon was just nerfed last patch at the same time they dropped waypoint reviving while in combat. Also, if you have a thief alive while everyone else is dead, they can stealth to drop combat, this lets everyone release, then the thief can re-aggro the mob/boss and stealth juggle or kite until everyone gets back to keep the target from fully reseting, just one way around the waypoint block. It’s quite fun to do on a low level thief while all the 80s in your group that said “This is gonna be bad, we have a level 35 thief” (QQ) have to run back.

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

Dungeons were easy even before the recent nerf. I would rather have development time spent on creating a Hard Mode.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

Posted by: Jabiacas Horologium.4976

Jabiacas Horologium.4976

The dungeons are easy once learned, different people learn at different rates. If they create Hard Modes to the dungeons, people will learn it until it becomes easy, while those new to them will find it hard. Though hard modes may be a solution to the “80 elitest attitude” in the existing dungeon by giving people new options to progress, of course it would need to grant larger amounts of currencies and/or drop more useable armor to give it a draw or people will still want to do their 15 minute explorer runs. Also more level 80 only dungeons would be nice as well, not styled like FotM please. Fractals is a neat idea, but only for one dungeon, would be less interesting if there were ever to be too many of them. I have only done fractals once with a guild group to see what it was like, we were all level 11 and did the first two that popped up. The game needs more level 80 dungeons and maps that can not be accessed by low levels scaling to it. The launch was great, the games still feel like a success, it’s time for some end game content other than repeating the leveling content. Class balance for dungeons so all could be publicly viable. For real, why can’t conditions work on objects, at least burning….

(edited by Jabiacas Horologium.4976)

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

I would also love a hard mode option. This would be a perfect solution to make everyone happy.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

the burrows in AC would like to talk about condition damage immunity !