A big warning to anet for the raids.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: cpchow.7416

cpchow.7416

Don’t try to nerf the most effective meta build for the raids. All of us invested lots of gold and time on our equipments. You will regret if you do this stupid thing like blizz*.

(edited by cpchow.7416)

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

LOL Raiders ….

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

I can’t decide if i should facedesk this metal desk or my keyboard……

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

It’s a joke right?

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

Nowadays people demand that there should be no nerf, before anybody even demands a nerf? xD

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

You’ll have to speak louder Op, I can’t hear you over the 8-track of AC/DC that I paid 1 dollar of hard earned cash for!

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Is this a threat?

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Nowadays people demand that there should be no nerf, before anybody even demands a nerf? xD

I know, right? Back in my day we had to walk to raids, uphill, both ways…

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

You’ll have to speak louder Op, I can’t hear you over the reel to reel recording of my much loved Mozart music i paid .50 cents of my hard earned money for .

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

Don’t try to nerf the most effective meta build for the raids. All of us invested lots of gold and time on our equipments. You will regret if you do this stupid thing like blizz*.

PLEASE anet make us use more expensive builds for every new raid and nerf other builds!

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

dont worry, anet will change it, gw2 is the one of the few games out of the many games i’ve played ever made so much changes on skills and “balancing”…
anet esport will never kick off if they keep making skills changes.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

Anet promised to make skill changes only quarterly.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Skill overcomes gear each time. So you won’t have any problems, right? Of course, right.

Just dodge occasionally.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Is this a threat?

Sure sounds like it. Pretty funny too to effectively say, “yeah, see that massively successful company over there, you don’t want to make the same mistake and wind up like they did.”

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

They might not nerf the builds that work best for Spirit Vale, but they could always design the future wings to require completely different builds than the ones that work in the first wing.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

They might not nerf the builds that work best for Spirit Vale, but they could always design the future wings to require completely different builds than the ones that work in the first wing.

You can pretty much count on them doing so. That way, the “life” of the raid gets extended by the amount of time it takes for skilled teams to go out and get/earn/grind out the new gear they need.

If it takes one week for a properly geared guild to learn and beat a raid, but it takes an extra two weeks for the players to get geared up for it, then it’s three weeks before the raid is first cleared.

Why people wanted raids I will never understand, but have fun and start collecting ascended mats now.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Is this a threat?

Its a thread, no doubt.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Atharian.7092

Atharian.7092

Some builds are far better than others at damage. Revenant, for example, has no right to be pulling its current numbers with such a simple rotation. I don’t want them to nerf it or anything, I just want all classes to pull similar amounts of damage if possible.

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Sword has no damage increase on its non auto attack, how would you change it? UA is already asking for nerfs in pvp.

Posted by: Land of Cheese.2584

Land of Cheese.2584

I’ve no idea what the OP is even talking about and it seems other people do. What build is he talking about nerfing and what did Blizzard do in WoW?

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

or how about nerfing the cost of gearing up for raid so there is easy access to all builds like how it was when the game first started.

Ascended armor is probably a really kittenty update.

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

or how about nerfing the cost of gearing up for raid so there is easy access to all builds like how it was when the game first started.

Ppl have shown that you don’t need ascended armor. They run ascended weapons and exotic armor. The difference is much higher if you compare exotic weapons to ascended ones.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

Sword has no damage increase on its non auto attack.

i really wonder how people can still believe that.

[qT] Quantify

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

The only time it is a dps increase is when on glint, when on Shiro it’s a loss due to UA not being affected by quickness

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

The only time it is a dps increase is when on glint, when on Shiro it’s a loss due to UA not being affected by quickness

Even on Glint it isn’t necessarily true. I was actually testing this out yesterday and had slower times (2x indestructible golem) when I used UA. I’m not certain but I think this might have been due to a combination of the Assassin’s Annihilation trait and UA screwing up your positioning.

rotten.9753

Care to explain then? Because I don’t see it except a case with adds and precision strikes which isn’t exactly reliable.

(edited by rotten.9753)

NoTrigger.8396

Even on Glint it isn’t necessarily true. I was actually testing this out yesterday and had slower times (2x indestructible golem) when I used UA. I’m not certain but I think this might have been due to a combination of the Assassin’s Annihilation trait and UA screwing up your positioning.

UA is less vuln than autoattack. so your results when testing it on the golem dont make any sense. and i dont know why people do not notice this.

Care to explain then? Because I don’t see it except a case with adds and precision strikes which isn’t exactly reliable.

it is reliable in every single raid boss fight.

[qT] Quantify

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

ArenaNet, please nerf nerf nerf! Don’t listen to the OP. Nerf!

Mortifer.2946

This is what I want, but we will obviously never get it, because elitists would QQ

rotten.9753

Then we have a different definition of reliable.

I watched your fight with Gorseval and you used it about 10-15 times for the almost 6 minutes fight. Besides, even then, it’s not really reliable in pvp and balance touches both modes.

Second thing, whose rotation is better? Yours or obal’s? Because your rotations are different and I’d like to know which is preferred in raids. Or what is the reasoning behind them?

Posted by: Animism.6849

Animism.6849

I watched your fight with Gorseval and you used it about 10-15 times for the almost 6 minutes fight. Besides, even then, it’s not really reliable in pvp and balance touches both modes.

Second thing, whose rotation is better? Yours or obal’s? Because your rotations are different and I’d like to know which is preferred in raids. Or what is the reasoning behind them?

Damage > dodging. UA > dodge. Scholar bonus instead of being hit.

NoTrigger.8396

its an insane dps increase tho.

for the rotation, 3 questions.
why would you want to run out of energy?
why wouldnt you make use of the trait equilibrium?
why would you camp facet of strength when the party has 25 might anyway?

[qT] Quantify

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Some builds are far better than others at damage. Revenant, for example, has no right to be pulling its current numbers with such a simple rotation. I don’t want them to nerf it or anything, I just want all classes to pull similar amounts of damage if possible.

When we’re rotations hard in gw2 lol

The one to Rule.2593

UA is less vuln than autoattack. so your results when testing it on the golem dont make any sense. and i dont know why people do not notice this.

Except vale guardian where using it will get you pushed through the wall and instakilled. Because something is reliable in certain situations doesn’t make it a dps increase. The math is simply against your statement. I mainly use it as an evade rather than for damage because it does help improve survivability.

NoTrigger.8396

Except vale guardian where using it will get you pushed through the wall and instakilled. Because something is reliable in certain situations doesn’t make it a dps increase. The math is simply against your statement. I mainly use it as an evade rather than for damage because it does help improve survivability.

first of all i was talking about sword 2 and secondly, dont tank the boss right at the wall then?
and how is the math against my statement when its a slight dps increase over sword auto? doesnt matter how often you use it, because even if you only use it once over AA it will still be a dps increase.

[qT] Quantify

The one to Rule.2593

its an insane dps increase tho.

1. You run out of energy because most of your dps comes from autoattacking anyway, you turn on all your facets except chaos and let it drain downso that facet of nature doesnt go on a 25 second cooldown from having to turn it off when in shiro.

Then you go to shiro and use impossible odds and enchanted daggers and autoattack til energy runs out and swap back to glint. Rinse and repeat. This is simply the most efficient way of doing things with revenant.

2. Personally I think all the traits there that you can choose from kind of suck so I go for more sustain and have healing on any skill with an energy cost because I’ll have perma fury anyway so the fury traits don’t really matter much about gaining fury on stunbreak. This skill also offers better personal healing and sustain than equalibrium.

3. Good question.

I’ve said already that the only time UA is a dps increase is on glint, which is probably why he was using it in the gorseval fight.

The one to Rule.2593

first of all i was talking about sword 2 and secondly, dont tank the boss right at the wall then?
and how is the math against my statement when its a slight dps increase over sword auto? doesnt matter how often you use it, because even if you only use it once over AA it will still be a dps increase.

If you don’t do it on the wall he moves too much on phase one and you waste too much time trying to catch up and do damage so he will enrage. Have you actually done vale guardian? because it sounds like you have no idea how to actually beat him efficiently.

The math is against you unless you are talking about Glint. that is the only time it’s a dps increase, i don’t know how many times I have to state this in the same thread. On shiro 3 auto attacks and I can do 30k damage in less time than UA can hit all hits and do the same amount of damage, It’s simply a dps loss on shiro. Due to not having quickness on glint it’s an increase there only.

NoTrigger.8396

1. you dont want to run out of energy and turn on all of your facets. its the worst you can do and i dont care what obal says in his guide. we compared combat logs and usually i was 1-2 million dmg ahead of other revs who used obals rotation (not only because of the rotation, but the rotation is a big part of it).
and what is even the reason for turning on facet of strength for example, when you should have a PS warrior anyway?

2. you wanna use the dmg part of equilibrium, which means dont run out of energy because it doesnt make sense anyway and instead hit for 15k+ every second legend swap.

3. yes, in glint, or in mallyx.

if you camp autoattack on rev your dps will be just as valuable as the dps of a pug guardian.

[qT] Quantify

(edited by NoTrigger.8396)

The one to Rule.2593

1. you dont want to run out of energy and turn on all of your facets. its the worst you can do and i dont care what obal says in his guide. we compared combat logs and usually i was 1-2 million dmg ahead of other revs who used obals rotation.
and what is even the reason for turning on facet of strength for example, when you should have a PS warrior anyway?

2. you wanna use the dmg part of equilibrium, which means dont run out of energy because it doesnt make sense anyway and instead hit for 15k+ every second legend swap.

3. yes, in glint, or in mallyx.

if you camp autoattack on rev your dps will be just as valuable as the dps of a pug guardian.

The damage on equilibrium is small when I autoattack for 10k anyway. One 15k hit is not worth the trade off for the autoattack damage on shiro, the only time I could see that being an increase is if swapping from glint to shiro. but I suppose you said every second legend swap so I suspect you already know that. Even then though you lose a lot of team support by not using facets which is what people like having revs around for anyway.

I call bs on your first statement.

Lololol your statement about pug guardian dps is just flat out wrong.

NoTrigger.8396

If you don’t do it on the wall he moves too much on phase one and you waste too much time trying to catch up and do damage so he will enrage. Have you actually done vale guardian? because it sounds like you have no idea how to actually beat him efficiently.

nope i havent killed vale guardian yet.

also you can tank the boss 1m away from the wall so UA works perfectly fine.

The math is against you unless you are talking about Glint. that is the only time it’s a dps increase, i don’t know how many times I have to state this in the same thread. On shiro 3 auto attacks and I can do 30k damage in less time than UA can hit all hits and do the same amount of damage, It’s simply a dps loss on shiro. Due to not having quickness on glint it’s an increase there only.

ofc i am talking about glint, as stated above. on the other hand if your chronos arent too stubborn and use the right build you dont really have to rely on shiro.

Even then though you lose a lot of team support by not using facets which is what people like having revs around for anyway.
I call bs on your first statement.

you wont lose any team support. all you have to bring is fury and facet of nature in key moments. and its up to you if you trust my first statement or if you dont, as it is up to you if you want to use the max potential of the class or not.

[qT] Quantify

(edited by NoTrigger.8396)

rotten.9753

Damage > dodging. UA > dodge. Scholar bonus instead of being hit.

This isn’t about UA but Precision Strike.

rotten.9753

I believe that having more boons is better in the overall picture. As a herald your job is to maintain fury (as might stacking is the berserker’s job). That leaves few boons you could supply to your party, assuming of course you don’t have them already. Plus facet of nature of course which you don’t want to have active when you swap to shiro.

I don’t think that equilibrium is decent enough, it can be used only once every 10 seconds or even once in 20 seconds since I never have any energy left in shiro – not using IO is a cardinal sin for me.

Maybe I’m wrong but for my party I bring more unique boons than just fury. I do believe that this thing should be consider on per-team composition basis. But I’m not closed to different ideas, I’ll check your rotations and compare it to my own with the help of a dps meter.

(edited by rotten.9753)

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

Don’t worry. When a Random Guy on the Internet tells A-Net to better not nerf something, they will totally not do it.

NapTooN.6283

Don’t worry. If a Random Guy on the Internet tells A-Net to not nerf something, they will hold back.

Mortifer.2946

I don’t think raids should be nerfed… as everyone reading my older rage-ridden posts thought.

What I want:
1. Easy mode for newbies in raids. So they can:
- learn the rotation of the boss,
- learn combos that might work on normal mode,
- find random new friends for future normal mode,
- experience the lore hidden in this raid first hand
(no raid rewards would be given for this.. little bit of silver and maybe a much smaller chance for miniature)

2. Make expensive runes and sigils not that expensive! I know Jon Smith will just roll his eyes over this statement, but how are we supposed to gear ourselves up when some runes cost like 30 gold? I am not going to put here any suggestions for how to change this, but I am sure that for the quality of life of the game, ArenaNet should do something about it.

3. Ascended Armors…it is strongly advised to have it. I still believe ArenaNet did a very wrong thing when instead of introducing a completely new crafting materials, they used ascended materials to craft precursors and new legendaries. Very, very, very bad decision that with the release of the Raid completely ruined the market. And people who don’t have ascended armor yet are screwed. Reforging is OK, but as runes are expensive and you cannot extract them, it is not as good as it could be. I suggest to give players an ability to buy extractors for let’s say 3 gold per 1 charge…i don’t know, Anet you know the math better than me so figure it out please!

4. Raid lobby

5. Raid lobby.

(edited by Mortifer.2946)

NapTooN.6283

I can’t decide if i should facedesk this metal desk or my keyboard……

Technically it is impossible to facedesk anything else than a desk.

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Man that’s hardcore. OP is hardcore, step back everyone!

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”