A critical critique of Arah Seer path

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: WingsofAsgard.9201

WingsofAsgard.9201

So I’d like to begin with the following statement: The vast majority the seer path is completely fine as far as mechanics are concerned.

Kaisar, is a well balanced and fairly challenging fight for just about any group. A lot of his mechanics are about reading his movements.

Vahid, also well balanced and challenging to figure out some of the mechanics to start the fight. It’s mostly about teamwork and keeping your party free of immobilize, also a good amount of precisely timed dodging.

Farnax, balanced and fairly easy to figure out the mechanics for. Requires a good deal of condition removal utilities and potentially traits depending on your profession. Also requires a good deal of teamwork for reviving people when the are downed by confusion. Killing adds is also important.

Giganticus Lupicus – Same as any path, just need to know the strategy on how to beat it. Fairly easy once you know the strategy though still challenging and fun to fight.

Ghasem, also well balanced and good mechanics that make the fight challenging. Having to split the party into 5, one on each seal. After you kill the first wraith you run around as a party and kill wraiths until he is killed. You also have to work as a team to revive the members that get downed by the wraith’s curse.

Simin, horribly balanced with too many mechanics. I say this after spending six hours on this boss and about 60-90 minutes prior to this fight on the rest of the dungeon.

Ok, so here is the breakdown on Simin. You begin the fight with taking her down to 50%, along with her constantly petrifying a member of the party and requiring a dwayna’s tear to be tossed onto them to cure the petrification. This mechanic alone is challenging. At 50% she goes invulnerable, stealths, and begins to heal, while the party is in a rush to get 5 sparks onto tiny pads around the statue of dwayna, which takes all too much time and rarely allows for the party to get her past 50% health ever. If you do manage to get the two back sparks onto the two back pads simultaneously she also drops out of her invisible/invulnerable state, requires too much luck to get this to work right. Assuming at this point you get lucky and get the back two sparks onto the pads the first try you can take her down to 25% health at which point she goes invulnerable, stealths, and begins to heal again. You have to get extremely lucky again on those back two sparks or you’re not going to get the chance to take her down as it will likely reset to 50% health to make her invulnerable, stealth, and begin healing again. There are just too many mechanics at work here to take this boss down and be reasonable.

I have a few suggestions on this matter that would potentially make this fight acceptable for the well organized and geared PUG and Guild organized group.

1. Leave the petrification, invulnerable, stealth and heals. Leave the get the sparks to the pads part. The only difference, each time you get the sparks to the pads, it makes it so you take her down to a lower level of health on the next time she becomes visible and vulnerable. (first time you take her to 75% she cloaks and begins healing, second 50%, third 25%, etc.) In essence making it a survival challenge.

2. Leave the petrification, invulnerable, stealth and heals. Leave the sparks to pads. Only difference would be to change the way in which she would become invulnerable and invisible. Making it a time based mechanic instead of a health based mechanic. Say for 2 minutes you can attack her, then she goes invisible stealths and begins to heal until you get the sparks to the pads.

3. Leave the petrification, invulnerable and heals, get rid of the stealths ability. Get rid of the sparks to the pads component. Add a veteran spark that needs to be killed to drop an item that is thrown at Simin to bring her out of her invulnerable and healing state. This would function similarly to how the grawl fractals level molten shield functions.

4. Leave the petrification, invulnerable, stealths and heals, but reduce the amount she heals each blip of health she regains and take it down to the next tier of damage before she goes invulnerable, stealths and begins to heal again. So in this case, first time 50%, second time 25%, third time you kill her. This still makes the fight challenging and fun for the player. Leave the sparks to the pads feature as is.

The final fight is fine as is. It’s challenging and fun to do, the mechanics are well balanced, and overall it requires a good amount of teamwork and communication.

I highly like the precise of my second suggestion, but would like to hear the opinions of the community on this.

Posted by: White.6193

White.6193

So, my group completed this last night. It’s very unfortunate (yet seemingly a trend) that Anet fixed the only really viable way to kill her (dps her down while she’s invis to counter healing) by making her invuln while invis now. The problem I have is that while they fixed what seems to have been a bug (still taking damage while invis), they didn’t fix the unbelievably buggy and broken spark on pad detection coding. 9/10 times you’ll get 4 of the 5 sparks all locked in and then the last spark will just chase you around the pillar as you try and kite it into a pad, until a minute is up and Simen is uncloaked at 75-100% hp. It’s a shame.

Anet, fix the spark on pad detection coding so you can bring all 5 sparks on and they’ll be detected instead of floating on top of all of the pads numerous times without being noticed by the game mechanics. Thanks.

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Are you surprised they ruined the fight not fixing a main bug?
Nice to know, guess i’ll pass to even go there helping with dps, if she’s invulnerable, and sparks still behave on that way

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

WingsofAsgard.9201

Another potential solution is to make a single pad that has a gravitational pull for the sparks if they are at a certain distance from the pad, kind of like a pull effect on them. This would get rid of the run around the statue and hope that the spark hits an empty pad, which half the time the pads are bugged graphically.

Posted by: tanksferaskin.6487

tanksferaskin.6487

Yes, I too would like to see a spark fix or a response that it is being looked into. I don’t mind the difficulty of the dungeon, it is meant to be hard….but these sparks are beyond frustrating. I am not sure what else to do but post in every fourm posting to hopefully get this path some attention. We have spent 3 nights over countless hours, multiple builds, multiple strategies….with the same results.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Just curious, she stealths and gets invulnerability now? Because it’s seems like a lousy fix. Why does she stealth at all if she got invulnerability?

Posted by: tanksferaskin.6487

tanksferaskin.6487

Good point! Her health regen is too much now after fix due to exploit. She is impossible to kill. Im sure people will post she is kill-able, but those tactics worked before patch. We have looked at the videos and her health increases much faster now.

WingsofAsgard.9201

Yeah, I am having issues finding a group to do this with. Too many people are afraid of wasting their gaming time on a boss that is near impossible to kill.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I killed her with this new fix. You need to run sparks pretty fast.

Posted by: DungeonDaughter.7391

DungeonDaughter.7391

I beat simin in 5 hours. If it took you 6, all I can say is you’re terribad and you need to learn 2 play. Actually you’re so bad at this game, you should stop playing video games altogether. Actually you probably shouldn’t do anything cause you fail at life and anything you attempt, you would surely screw up.

For those of you who are bad at understanding sarcasm, even when laid on really thick, my post is completely 100% serious. I kid you not.

“We just don’t want players…in Guild Wars 2.
No one enjoys [it]. No one finds it fun.” —Colin J.