A fun topic regarding Raiding on MassivelyOP

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

Here’s a fun Breakfast topic on Massively OP regarding Raiding and reasons for kicking people. Personally I recommend you only comment on their website because you never know what happens here from day to day.

http://massivelyop.com/2017/03/07/the-daily-grind-what-provokes-you-to-kick-mmo-group-members/

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

tldr: sometimes kicks are necessary. More dps slots should be power thief, power engi, and condi mesmer.

I think it is more nuanced than, ‘be a jerk’ or ’don’t be a jerk’. Wiping for 30 minutes then disbanding does no one any good. Sometimes there really is a single player who can hold a group back, such as not throwing bombs at Sabetha (ironically Sabetha seems to hit enrage frequently in my pug experience).

However as far as under performing dps goes, I think a good practice for this community to address this issue is to push people towards the higher dps yet easy rotation classes. In particular power thief, power engi, and condi mesmer. Too often we try to just stack 4 eles at encounters where ele isn’t that much better (note: for gorseval no updraft and kc I recommend you stack 4 eles lol). Both power engi and power thief clear 22k dps just auto attacking. And condi mesmer will often be top dps on a single target boss like cairn and matthias.

Posted by: Coconut.7082

Coconut.7082

tl:dr – I refuse to learn my profession and the encounters, but you still have to carry me.

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

tldr: sometimes kicks are necessary. More dps slots should be power thief, power engi, and condi mesmer.

I think it is more nuanced than, ‘be a jerk’ or ’don’t be a jerk’. Wiping for 30 minutes then disbanding does no one any good. Sometimes there really is a single player who can hold a group back, such as not throwing bombs at Sabetha (ironically Sabetha seems to hit enrage frequently in my pug experience).

However as far as under performing dps goes, I think a good practice for this community to address this issue is to push people towards the higher dps yet easy rotation classes. In particular power thief, power engi, and condi mesmer. Too often we try to just stack 4 eles at encounters where ele isn’t that much better (note: for gorseval no updraft and kc I recommend you stack 4 eles lol). Both power engi and power thief clear 22k dps just auto attacking. And condi mesmer will often be top dps on a single target boss like cairn and matthias.

Yesterday i got kicked on my ele from group on Gorse because we did no updraft and instead of afking during cc phase i dropped some damage in, but our druid refused to heal me so i got kicked for going down and was told to not dps Gorse + all other “nice” things in direction verbal harassment.
I join another group (accidentally ended up with couple ppl i killed deimos with on first week) and we cleared all 4 wings without much a problem in one evening (ca. 3 hours?)…. This is gw2 raiding community for you. And this happens all the time, one group just flames and blames 24/7, i join other and we clear wings quickly and without any issues~

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Yesterday i got kicked on my ele from group on Gorse because we did no updraft and instead of afking during cc phase i dropped some damage in, but our druid refused to heal me so i got kicked for going down and was told to not dps Gorse + all other “nice” things in direction verbal harassment.
I join another group (accidentally ended up with couple ppl i killed deimos with on first week) and we cleared all 4 wings without much a problem in one evening (ca. 3 hours?)…. This is gw2 raiding community for you. And this happens all the time, one group just flames and blames 24/7, i join other and we clear wings quickly and without any issues~

That’s why raids are meant to be played in static groups as advertised. Nobody said it would be easy or going without problems in pugs. That hasn’t worked out for pugs in fractals and especially not when dungeons were the end content. Seriously, the raiding pug community is less toxic than the dungeon pug community was.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

(edited by Vinceman.4572)

thrag.9740

I’m not sure why you quoted me? Is your position that kicking is never necessary?

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

3hrs isnt quickly at all. I cleared w4 with a pug in 2 hours the first few days. If it took you guys 3 hours something is really off, especially now that the mechanics are known.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

That’s why raids are meant to be played in static groups as advertised. Nobody said it would be easy or going without problems in pugs. That hasn’t worked out for pugs in fractals and especially not when dungeons were the end content. Seriously, the raiding pug community is less toxic than the dungeon pug community was.

^^^^^^ this. so very much this.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

3hrs isnt quickly at all. I cleared w4 with a pug in 2 hours the first few days. If it took you guys 3 hours something is really off, especially now that the mechanics are known.

They said they cleared all 4 wings in 3 hrs. Not wing 4 in 3. Slight difference.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

What I find interesting is that in WoW LFR, kicking for various reasons is apparently still a thing. So much for the idea that easy mode anything is a cure for exclusion. If it does not work that way in that game, it won’t work that way in this game.

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

four wings, so w1, w2, w3 and w4, not just 4th wing… l2read -_-’

we obviously took breaks in between and had to look for people when someone left duhh

I’m not sure why you quoted me? Is your position that kicking is never necessary?

my point is people are too quick to blame other and kick

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I honestly don’t understand why anyone mentions condi mes for DPS, it’s good on maybe 2 bosses but abysmal on many others.

https://youtu.be/fe5pvGDgoSg

Easy DPS for essentially pressing 1, not sure how you can argue against at bringing engineers and thieves yet people do. What’s sad is that people don’t recognise that a good ele is still worth their weight.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

IWhat’s sad is that people don’t recognise that a good ele is still worth their weight.

More likely, people recognize that most eles aren’t that good at all.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

thrag.9740

my point is people are too quick to blame other and kick

Sure, it goes both ways though, sometimes people are too slow to criticize and as a result some players don’t even know they are doing a bad job. I’ve seen eles hit lower dps than chronos, and then the entire group wipes to world eater for 30 minutes and disbands from frustration because no one wants to kick or no one even knows what the problem is.

As I said, kicking isn’t always necessary, and it doesn’t have to be our first resort. Fortunately, a bad ele can swap to a power thief or power engi, literally just autoattack and do a good enough job for any encounter. I think we should ask for a class swap before a kick occurs due to low damage, but the community as a whole needs to due a better job of informing new raiders about how easy these classes are, so that they can gear them up.