A question for the dungeon community

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

I was doing fractals recently and realized how little it has been updated since it was released in november 2012. We had an update for fractals a year later on november 2013. Fractals really have great potential and seem to be the only endgame for pve that exists right now, for the hardcore.

My question is. Are you satisfied with only an annual update to fractals? The update we saw last time introduced 3 new fractals and 3 new boss fractals. It also introduced new rewards and mistlock instabilities. Is this enough? I personally think its not, not even close.

Fractals have a huge potential for greatness and arn’t really being utilized enough. Is it really too much to ask for a few new fractals(2-3) every 4 months or so? Dedicate a team just for that? I feel like in any other MMO you could.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Can’t tell if kidding or what. I’m completely sure no one on here is satisfied with the fractal “updates” in a sense of introducing new fractals. Last thing ANet did was changing the Dredge fractal a bit and making, followed by reverting, Mai Trin hit like a truck. I don’t think anyone of the members here consider this an update to fractals.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

SkylightMoon.1980

Can’t tell if kidding or what. I’m completely sure no one on here is satisfied with the fractal “updates” in a sense of introducing new fractals. Last thing ANet did was changing the Dredge fractal a bit and making, followed by reverting, Mai Trin hit like a truck. I don’t think anyone of the members here consider this an update to fractals.

I don’t ever use this subforum so I don’t really know the mood of it, sorry. I was just doing fractals today because I needed some stuff and realized how little that part of the game is update, along with dungeons in general.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Who in their right minds would be satisfied with the dungeon/fractal content in this game? Fact is, Anet has orphaned dungeons, fractals, guild missions, WvW. They only care for sPvP (inexplicably, considering its total fail) and LS.

At least there’s still some excitement when it comes to fractals: “Will my pug group screw up with the hammer and make us restart the entire fractal?” It puts me at the edge of my seat.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Nah, sorry for my rude post up there ^. But yea, according to some people on here, ANet do not have a team that takes care of dungeons so this might also be the reason for the small number of dungeon instances and fractals.

And unless ANet makes space for such team in their budget, you better get used to Swamp, Cliffside, Dredge and Mai Trin.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

SkylightMoon.1980

Who in their right minds would be satisfied with the dungeon/fractal content in this game? Fact is, Anet has orphaned dungeons, fractals, guild missions, WvW. They only care for sPvP (inexplicably, considering its total fail) and LS.

At least there’s still some excitement when it comes to fractals: “Will my pug group screw up with the hammer and make us restart the entire fractal?” It puts me at the edge of my seat.

Bud I can tell you for someone whose more invested in WvW/sPvP, they barely do that. Its more about the LS honestly. Every other part of the game (dungeons/wvw/spvp) is being abused to put all effort into the LS. I do think the dungeon community has a better chance of receiving content since the LS is PVE focused, lets hope we receive at least one soon.

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

There has essentially been no real/proper dungeon or fractal content updates since launch.

Fractured! was a complete disaster which nerfed Fractal Skin drop rates into the gutter and rehashed a few old instances from Dead story.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

SkylightMoon.1980

There has essentially been no real/proper dungeon or fractal content updates since launch.

Fractured! was a complete disaster which nerfed Fractal Skin drop rates into the gutter and rehashed a few old instances from Dead story.

Ye thats true. They dropped their dungeon teams shortly after launch for god knows why. I used to be a big pve person who did dungeon/fractals but left I guess for the lack of update. I feel like with this season, the direction guild wars 2 is heading is even more vague. Because the living story this season isn’t just a medium for delivering content, its only focused on delivering the story instances and occasional open world content. It doesn’t feel like there is much room for anything else.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Short answer: No.

Long answer: No, but it’s still the only content that interests me.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

The pvp and pve community of this game both thinks the other part get all the credit, and the “elitists” ( the true ones, this time) for both communities despite the other game mode for that. But no, dungeons and fractals never got updated except for that crappy level reset, and everyone is getting bored. That’s why you see people doing solo naked, trying strange things like walling lupi for max reflect damage, etc. New content would help, and a fractal team/dungeon team is totally needed, but since we won’t have that, it’s better to just repeat what we have and improve.
tl;dr: No, we’re not even close to satisfied, but we have no choice and we deal with it.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

SkylightMoon.1980

The pvp and pve community of this game both thinks the other part get all the credit, and the “elitists” ( the true ones, this time) for both communities despite the other game mode for that. But no, dungeons and fractals never got updated except for that crappy level reset, and everyone is getting bored. That’s why you see people doing solo naked, trying strange things like walling lupi for max reflect damage, etc. New content would help, and a fractal team/dungeon team is totally needed, but since we won’t have that, it’s better to just repeat what we have and improve.
tl;dr: No, we’re not even close to satisfied, but we have no choice and we deal with it.

To be honest, neither the pvp(including wvw) or pve(fractals/dungeons specifically) have received much in the history of guild wars 2. Its always been the selfish living story thats received everything. Its literally sucked out the life from so many parts of the game. Anet in an interview posted today said they couldn’t focus efforts on SAB because they had other parts of the game to work on, one of those being fractals.

FRACTALS!??! REALLY? How often have you actually updated that part of the game? Please tell me, because im extremely confused. Unless there was a sudden change, Anet has never cared about anything but the living world.

Lilith Ajit.6173

To be honest, neither the pvp(including wvw) or pve(fractals/dungeons specifically) have received much in the history of guild wars 2. Its always been the selfish living story thats received everything. Its literally sucked out the life from so many parts of the game. Anet in an interview posted today said they couldn’t focus efforts on SAB because they had other parts of the game to work on, one of those being fractals.

FRACTALS!??! REALLY? How often have you actually updated that part of the game? Please tell me, because im extremely confused. Unless there was a sudden change, Anet has never cared about anything but the living world.

They completely reworked dredge. It’s not much but it was pretty significant and it doesn’t go unnoticed.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

SkylightMoon.1980

They completely reworked dredge. It’s not much but it was pretty significant and it doesn’t go unnoticed.

Ye but for someone in the dungeon community can you really live with those types of updates? I mean, for people like us who do spvp/wvw/dungeon(fractals), something like that seems big sadly lol. In a normal MMO, that isn’kittens just easier to say that this part of the game like many others has been left to die after looking at how many updates its received.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Well, yeah. The LS is their complete and total focus and this saddens me.
Not only that, but they’re gutting everything else that ISN’T dungeon/wvw/pvp related.
I have no idea what they’re trying to do with this. They don’t think on the long term, just going for the easy solutions/quick bucks. I don’t understand and this frustrates me.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Ye but for someone in the dungeon community can you really live with those types of updates? I mean, for people like us who do spvp/wvw/dungeon(fractals), something like that seems big sadly lol. In a normal MMO, that isn’kittens just easier to say that this part of the game like many others has been left to die after looking at how many updates its received.

I’m very much in the minority of this subforum in regard to optimism on this front. I honestly do think they have a couple developers working on dungeon bugs and fractal fixes given what we have seen rolled out in the latest patches. As a software developer for a large company, I do understand that even the smallest changes can actually take a lot of work, and a change like dredge probably took a solid month of 1 developers time or a week or two for a team. Things don’t happen quickly.

I’m cautiously optimistic. I think they care about fractals more than other parts of the game based on the updates it receives. It isn’t as much as living world, but living world is their attempt at being different and honestly… at least we aren’t dealing with the same crap as last year.

[ARES]