A story from TA to remember

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Reaper.1695

Reaper.1695

I had 99 blooms left to get 500 blooms for my Legendary. Used the LFG tool in GW2 to join with a group for a few final TA runs. A few ppl came in and immediately quit before we even started, why, we don’t know. Finally a group of 5, so we start. Get to the 1st part with the vines and wipe and wipe and wipe. I think everyone was having some bad luck. For me, I kept missing the dodges, step in AOE red circles by accident, got overrun by the AOE circles… Just was not in ‘the zone’. Anyhow, a couple of members where getting annoyed by this and quit. I’m thinking “I’m never going to get those 99 blooms tonight”. But I didn’t want to abandon this group. You join, you stay till everyone agrees to quit.

So the leader LFG’d again and this player comes in. Norn Guard, all in black, didn’t talk, very mysterious. We reset and get back to the 1st area with the vines. Since we all went down and had to reset, all the vines were all up along with the final larger vine in the center. We were still having a hard time at it. However our last entree, the mysterious all in black Norn, named Disturbedd, was a machine. I mean, the guy must be the love child of Darth Vader and Chuck Norris! He carried us through that first part, rez’ing, soloing while we healed. This guy did not take damage! We were impressed. He held the title of “Dungeon Master” and he deserved it! With him we did Up/FF. Without him, we’d still be stuck at the vines.

We thanked him at the end and parted ways. Seeing as we were a weaker group, he could have left anytime. But no, he stayed and helped. I did get my final 99 blooms and was able to craft the Unicorn Statue for The Dreamer.

They say the road to your Legendary has many memories, this will be one of mine. Thanks for reading.

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

Better memory than my road to legendary. The road of a million CoF p1 GS warrior auto-attackers, randomly berating me for running axe.

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I had 99 tokens but a bloom ain’t one.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

With all the uproar about how everyone should be 100% berserker dps-focused, it’s nice to hear a story of how a tanky, defensive focused player can make a positive difference in a group.

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

With all the uproar about how everyone should be 100% berserker dps-focused, it’s nice to hear a story of how a tanky, defensive focused player can make a positive difference in a group.

They can only make a difference if the rest of the group is even worse than they are.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

laharl.8435

How do we know he was defensive focused? I spend every night in my full zerk guard ressing PVT’s at lupi. Erry nite..

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

I choose you, Swifty.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

How do we know he was defensive focused? I spend every night in my full zerk guard ressing PVT’s at lupi. Erry nite..

Why do you rezz them?

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Why do you rezz them?

Because he’s more sadistic than me.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

laharl.8435

Why do you rezz them?

Because I still have issues in phase 3 solo, and ressing in phase 2 is easy enough on guard.

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

I choose you, Swifty.

http://youtu.be/_HnHGevlU8g

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I choose you, Swifty.

Swiftpaw is the elitist the casuals need, but not the elitist the casuals deserve

Swiftpaw confirmed for catwoman

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

I choose you, Swifty.

Swiftpaw is the elitist the casuals need, but not the elitist the casuals deserve

Swiftpaw confirmed for catwoman

I am absolutely speechless O.o

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

If you make a little jumping puzzle you can get to a place where the red circles don’t hit you but you can range that boss worm. There is also one mushroom on the lower ground of that room where its very unlikely that the red circles hit you, if you stay on the edge of that mushroom you will see no red circle under your feet.

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Don’t put exploit positions on the forum. Bad things happen.

Posted by: bartem.2731

bartem.2731

here’s an exploit, don’t tell anyone… melee… you’ll do the wurms in no time.. it also works in other parts of the dungeon..

Posted by: Eternum.1706

Eternum.1706

I’ve always wanted to be one of those mysterious guys, but I always pictured myself doing it as a Thief or Warrior.

Tarnished Coast
ZzZz | Zombie Coast
For the Toast!