AC Exp Spider Queen Solo. Engineer LvL36

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Intended at 35, but failed many times trying to clean the hatchlings without being downed and ended leveling up :P

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Engi op, please nerf

Good job man!

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

kitten can’t even make a sarcastic post and not get an infraction by mods, WTF is this.

GJ on the kill.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

Posted by: Shadowfax.4109

Shadowfax.4109

Darn that’s a kittening feat

Knights of Aden [Aden]: Trebbing a supply camp near you!

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

pretty sexy run, gj!

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posted by: Luke.2643

Luke.2643

No no no my full lvl 80 party wipes there 5-6 times, it cant be right, you must have used some sort of glitch. because AC is too hard now.
/sarcasm off

gj m8, very well done

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

AC Spider Queen too stronk, nerf Anet plz

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

Very nice! Way to shut up the elitists.

EDIT: Apparently the forum dislikes me.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Posted by: Oolune.4357

Oolune.4357

Very awesome. =)

Tarnished Coast
Oolune :: Engineer — Arrow Of Oolune :: Human Ranger -- Shadow Of Oolune :: Human Thief
Box The Turtle :: Human Warrior — Bolobuns Of Steel :: Human Guardian

Posted by: Quam.7218

Quam.7218

A pleasure to watch, well played.

Posted by: douceline.2741

douceline.2741

Totally awesome! Nicely played.

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Great job, and with no food buffs either! Next up: Lupicus…. although you may need to get a few levels first.
Just some really good Engi play. Way to kit swap and utilize movement!

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

Even more proof that the level argument is invalid and that if you take the time to learn encounters, you can deal with the new AC. Nicely done.

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

I can´t watch the video because of GEMA-restrictions….
So…. I´ll just say: I dont know how you did it but that´s awesome! xD

Gonna give it a try with my 80 engi… But of course it´s not as OP as a lvl 36 engineer ^.^

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I can´t watch the video because of GEMA-restrictions….
So…. I´ll just say: I dont know how you did it but that´s awesome! xD

Gonna give it a try with my 80 engi… But of course it´s not as OP as a lvl 36 engineer ^.^

try accessing it with www.unblockyoutube.us

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Xavori.3768

Xavori.3768

Even more proof that the level argument is invalid and that if you take the time to learn encounters, you can deal with the new AC. Nicely done.

So the fact a very good solo player can abuse AI patterns makes the fact that a vast majority of players don’t like AC anymore invalid?

I have a whole pile o’ alts that can solo Spider Queen. These same alts can into big trouble in groups because the AI has more variables to react to, and hence, isn’t perfectly predictable.

I’m thinking I don’t want the ‘easiest’ dungeon in the game to require perfect game play. I want it to be newbie friendly. I want people to live through making a few mistakes.

The new AC is nowhere near that. You make a mistake now; you die. That’s fine for hardcore players, but it drives everyone else away.

Out of curiousity, if I made a video of me soloing the new Kholer, would that also mean he’s not overpowered with his new infinite adds? (hint: use the stairs and water) Cuz again, I don’t think the first dungeon should require someone with over 1500 hours of gameplay who has the AI’s flaws down pat (ie. me)

Hey I just met you – And this is crazy –
But here’s my body – So rez me maybe?

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Kholer with infinite adds? Doesn’t he spawn them at 75%, 50% and 25%?

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I thought he spawns them after his spin. But anyway, with one berserker warrior in your group those two poor ghosts are both dead within 3 seconds.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

Way to get lucky with those Walls of Reflection! RNG’s favor shines upon you.

Great job, giving the Engineer a better name for all of us.

Posted by: DelOnasi.6051

DelOnasi.6051

Awesome work! Thanks for adding another “underpowered” class to the soloing camp.

Now I want to try this with a level 35 necro, but my second necro is only level 10

Dungeon Master ~ Litter of Lions [Arch] Admin ~ Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Oxstar.7643

Oxstar.7643

As someone who have played Engineer since headstart…
You are worthy to be titled “Megagineer”.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

You, my friend, have disproved all the naysayers that demand lvl 80 exotic runs are the most efficient.

Thank you a million times! I’ve gotta watch that again to get my own strats down.

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

This player are good, all another - are bad.

Do you know why ppl demanding 80 Exo from runners? To make it FAST and guarantee!
6 minutes to the spider queen - it’s too long ><
And enhineer can solo spider queen in the noob dungeon, but warriors can solo whole paths in the top dungeons.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKy67S6uvNU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p_b4Vnv8iY

Great job, and with no food buffs either! Next up: Lupicus.... although you may need to get a few levels first.
Just some really good Engi play. Way to kit swap and utilize movement!

And no any reasons to buff engineers, right?

This video shows also weakness of the dungeon bosses in comparsion with another games - if even 36 engineer can solo them.

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Awesome video and great soloing, but its really just abusing the AI by having one player. I have never seen the spider just stand still against a group and spew posion in exactly the same position, it always randomly target you and move around, which is what kills most people that doesnt react quick enough.

I am curious about one thing, seeing all these solo videos – does dungeon encounters scale to player count just like world events/bosses or is it fixed?

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

Awesome video and great soloing, but its really just abusing the AI by having one player. I have never seen the spider just stand still against a group and spew posion in exactly the same position, it always randomly target you and move around, which is what kills most people that doesnt react quick enough.

I am curious about one thing, seeing all these solo videos – does dungeon encounters scale to player count just like world events/bosses or is it fixed?

never scaled. All dungeon encounters stay the same if you have 5 people, 4 people, or 1 person. They are balanced around having 5 people fighting. That’s why soloing is always impressive.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Way to get lucky with those Walls of Reflection! RNG’s favor shines upon you.

Not really; I got a couple of procs on each wall. The footage previous to the bossfight just has been cut a lot :P
I got the first veil on killing the first spiders, so ended up being a regular kill with just a few confusions added.
After 2:05 mark hatchlings leashed before reaching the corner so I couldn’t use the previous tactic anymore. The new tactic consisted on casting a wall in front of the previous corner, taking cover behind it, popping quickness and trying to dispatch one or two before retreating.
The first attempt was a veil, so I ignored it and directly retreated. Luckily, one of the spiders didn’t leash and I got a regular kill.
The second attempt was a smoke screen, but I messed up and ended using rifle 4th skill (which is binded to ‘3’ for me) instead of Elixir U (binded to ‘Ctrl+3’) so I wasted a lot a time and the wall vanished by the time I correctly popped quickness. I got a frenzy proc and decided to not take risks and retreated after a couple of shots.
The spiders didn’t fully leash and those are the ones that are killed at 2:05 mark.
The third and last one was a smoke screen too, but at this point just the last spiders remained and leashed way before the choke point.

I absolutely agree with the AI abusing thing but tbh that’s more or less what most bossfight tactics are about.
The spider always stands still if everybody is at range. As far as i know, the only two things that make spider move are being in melee range (where the boss can backpedal a little bit if you place yourself right onto it or perform a couple of steps if you are out of melee range but extremely close) and LOS, which usually happens when someone takes cover behind the column.
Whithout people on melee range, the spider alternates web shot (which is about 600 range) and poison fields, and the mid poison circle is going to be always centered at the position of the player that is aimed at. Since I’m the only player there, I can abuse it and keep myself always safe from the web shot while getting the poison fields exactly where I want.
In theory, soloing this boss should be as easy as standing still just behind the poison field and rolling forward when the spider is about to spit another one. This way, the new field should accurately overlap the previous one, and you should just roll backward to your previous position, just getting poisoned and receiving no more than one tick of damage. Heal/cleanse a little bit. Rinse and repeat.
With a PUG this can be much more chaotic because most players don’t know how it works and use to panic and move and spread a lot. If groups would fight this boss stacked, its behaviour should be much more predictable.
IMHO the hatchlings that spawn with the spider are the real danger on this bossfight.

(edited by Vargamonth.2047)

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

This player are good, all another – are bad.

Do you know why ppl demanding 80 Exo from runners? To make it FAST and guarantee!
6 minutes to the spider queen – it’s too long ><

And? If you cloned 5 of the OP to tackle that boss, it’d last 1 minute. If that isn’t worthwhile for a speedrun, then I think people are just too picky.

Posted by: WonderfulCT.6278

WonderfulCT.6278

Edit 2 (Changed entire post to “Great solo”): Great solo!

Add more sound effects to The Minstrel plz.

(edited by WonderfulCT.6278)

Posted by: Ojimaru.8970

Ojimaru.8970

Good job! You have effectively killed two bird with one stone:

1) Engineers are fine
2) AC is fine

Thank you so much.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Wait, how come the spider queen didn’t go to him as he was attacking it? I mean why didn’t the spider queen go melee mode or chase him down? :|

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: WonderfulCT.6278

WonderfulCT.6278

@ penatbater Thats what my original comment was about. Instead of making the encounter harder they actually made it a lot easier because the boss spams its web shot from a distance it can’t reach the player from.

Although a lot of new players have trouble with it I think it should have its old web shot in addition to the new one that it will use if no players are in range.

This boss is too easy to control and after you get the mechanics down you can control its every move to negate all damage.

Add more sound effects to The Minstrel plz.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I think I’m more impressed with how he handled the mobs than with the queen itself :p

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.