AC - Ghastly Longbow's crazy particle effects!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Kaaqeli.5108

Kaaqeli.5108

So yeah. I came across a guy with the ghastly longbow and almost fell off my chair. The particle effects on the bow were just amazing, way cooler than those in other ghastly weapons. I instantly wanted to go and buy the bow for my warrior, but then started wondering if the crazy effects are just a bug.

Could a dev please confirm if the bow’s supposed to look like the way it looks right now or not. I personally wouldn’t mind if all ghastly weapons had the same effect as the bow.

Attachments:

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

I saw it on a guy in Cursed Shore yesterday night and it looked like that as well , sadly my GS doesn’t glow like that when it is on my back . It may be that only the Longbow glows when it is on the characters back?

Posted by: afflaq.3947

afflaq.3947

I’m pretty sure that it’s just the physical size…the staff glows great on my elementalist and the shortbow does well on my thief..lemme see if i can find screenshots.

Elementalist:

Attachments:

Darkwing [hug], Charr Thief | Charred [hug] – Charr Elementalist | Crystal Desert

Posted by: afflaq.3947

afflaq.3947

and here’s the shortbow on my thief.

Attachments:

Darkwing [hug], Charr Thief | Charred [hug] – Charr Elementalist | Crystal Desert

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

So yeah. I came across a guy with the ghastly longbow and almost fell off my chair. The particle effects on the bow were just amazing, way cooler than those in other ghastly weapons. I instantly wanted to go and buy the bow for my warrior, but then started wondering if the crazy effects are just a bug.

Could a dev please confirm if the bow’s supposed to look like the way it looks right now or not. I personally wouldn’t mind if all ghastly weapons had the same effect as the bow.

It’s a bug, I have the bow in question and when I draw it the particle effect disappears, it’s just mixed up.

Posted by: fony.5102

fony.5102

they fixed every ghastly item except for the bows, long and short. they have an exaggerated particle effect and when you draw them to attack it disappears.

all other ghastly weapons are glowing at night perfectly no matter what, and inside dungeons and instances too.

Posted by: DKP.4196

DKP.4196

So it does glow outside during the night. I had the impression it only glowed while your underground. This is good news:) I just bought my new toy from the AC vendor, hasnt glowed yet;)

Also, keep in mind not all glow items are from AC, the corrupted items sometimes look awfully similar to the AC when they glow.

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

Posted by: Brigga.5703

Brigga.5703

My Shield never glows and it’s starting to make me mad.

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

just popping in to say i love the fix for the Ghastly Weapons and hope to see them all working as well as those that do work.

Posted by: Zinkey.6983

Zinkey.6983

Also here to say horray for AC weapons being fixed, and also a big thank you to the fix/change to make them work in the AC dungeon. I know this was asked for by quite a few people and its great to see it come through makes playing through that dungeon even more fun.

Not sure whats going on with that bow in the pic however. I find my weapons are blue at night, but I only get the particle effects when they are active and not sheathed.