AC - Invisible Bridges Revamped.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

neat
I have no way to verify (never heard of this stuff), but nice find if everything you’ve said is correct

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

As many know:
After fighting the Howling King or the Colossus Rumblus, in the explorable paths 1 and 3 respectively of the Ascalonian Catacombs, you can ascend some staircases or enter a pipe hidden by hanging moss.

The staircase leading to the famous “invisible bridges” which connect a few stone pillars and the pipe leading to the water underneath these bridges.

What is this post about?

I write this post because I have noticed changes having happened in this area.

• Soon after the Beta, the staircase wasn’t broken, you could climb it with ease and find the “hidden” room.
  • Up until a few weeks ago the staircase was but a non-physical alpha-texture. You could not ascend these stairs the regular way and had to climb on top of a broken pillar, walk through some wall-textures and jump onto the remainder of the stairs to get to the hidden area.
  • Right now the stairs have been repaired. you can easily get on top of them, and new walls have been placed blocking off the old walls which you could walk through.

The room with the invisible bidges has also been changed.

• The room is more bright.
  • There are wooden platforms underneath the pillars located at the sides of the room.

Why is this of interest?

A never used-hidden area being changed could mean future use.
In the story we’ve recently attempted to clear the ghosts out of Ascalon without succes. A continuation could be planned!

Any thoughts?

This is great news, if dungeons are being worked on “quietly.”

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

It’d be cool to see the CM creepy-face room get finished up, too

Posted by: Dante.1523

Dante.1523

Well considering they either changed or broke the lighting in the entirety of AC, this could mean that they are actually touching dungeons again. Either that or the dungeons code doesn’t even get checked anymore and someone accidentally deleted/changed some game objects.

Posted by: Nero.8047

Nero.8047

That could indeed explain the change in the lighting of the catacombs but don’t tell me they repaired an entire staircase by accident! ^^
A new iron gate has been added to the bottom of the stairs which make it seem likely that the area could be closed off easily and re-opened again by an event or lever or whatever.

Paragon of the Seraphim Order [Ankh]
a small, casual Guild with a play as you want style.

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

That could indeed explain the change in the lighting of the catacombs but don’t tell me they repaired an entire staircase by accident! ^^
A new iron gate has been added to the bottom of the stairs which make it seem likely that the area could be closed off easily and re-opened again by an event or lever or whatever.

That staircase was repaired because people were using it as a safespot to fight the boss from P1. With the broken staircase the adds couldnt climb it to reach the players and the boss couldnt hit with his beam atack.

Nero.8047

Well that’s a downer…
No future plans and simply a fix for exploits.

I feel inclined to believe you yet I wish you never commented.
Not because I dislike you or your comment, in fact it’s exactly the answer I was looking for.
But because you extinguished that tiny spark of hope that had come to life in my excitement.

Thanks Casmurro,
Here’s to hoping we’ll one day get more content in the beautifully designed dungeons.

As the OP I hereby declare this thread as closed.
Thanks everyone!

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Well that’s a downer…
No future plans and simply a fix for exploits.

I feel inclined to believe you yet I wish you never commented.
Not because I dislike you or your comment, in fact it’s exactly the answer I was looking for.
But because you extinguished that tiny spark of hope that had come to life in my excitement.

Thanks Casmurro,
Here’s to hoping we’ll one day get more content in the beautifully designed dungeons.

As the OP I hereby declare this thread as closed.
Thanks everyone!

It still leaves space to wonder why they would fix this particular small savespot that not many people know of, over savespots and exploits that have been in dungeons for over 3 years (Frost etc).

This isn’t the first time the “secret room” got updated.
When the textures of the stairs got bugged the tunnel towards the jumping puzzle room suddenly had wooden supports against the wall, where it was just a rocky runnel with moss before

Nero.8047

Thanks a lot Bladex!

Also, since you appear to be a fellow dungeon-supporter.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/48zlyd/im_mike_obrien_here_with_gw2_dev_team_ama/d0nwov7

“We’re continuing to focus on Fractals as our primary focus for 5-man content. However, given the reaction, we are taking a second look at the current dungeon rewards.”

It’s not a revamp but even adjusting the rewards a bit will surely buff the popularity of dungeons!

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

Is this the broken staircase you’re refering to?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Mtf7V-N_I

I guess you are refering to another type of bug than I was.

Nero.8047

Those are the staircases I’m referring to.

It’s strange how the boss is able to climb up until that one broken staircase.
They used to be broken at the very bottom of the map.
The boss would’ve never been able to ascend the first flight of stairs.
After all, as I described you had to phase through a non-physical wall to jump on the stairs instead of casually walking up them.

Another strange bit:
In the video the Howling King stops at a certain broken part.
At this part the staircase is destroyed mid-way. You can however easily jump over it and it’s not an issue, just another part of the Ascalonian Catacombs in ruins due to falling debris.

You would expect Arenanet to fix this part if it allowed exploits. Yet this broken-bit halfway the staircases is still left broken.

I don’t feel like testing if an exploit still works but thanks to your video I have my questions regarding the intentions of this fix.

• Can The Howling King pass through the newly placed gate?
  • Can The Howling King still be lured far enough to ascend the staircases?
  • Can The Howling King AND his spawn get stuck mid-way on the staircases?

Depending on the answers of these questions we may either have a half-baked fix for the exploit…
Or different intentions altogether!

As Bladex said:

It still leaves space to wonder why they would fix this particular small savespot that not many people know of, over savespots and exploits that have been in dungeons for over 3 years (Frost etc).

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

I don’t feel like testing if an exploit still works but thanks to your video I have my questions regarding the intentions of this fix.

• Can The Howling King pass through the newly placed gate?
  • Can The Howling King still be lured far enough to ascend the staircases?
  • Can The Howling King AND his spawn get stuck mid-way on the staircases?

I remembered this post when I was doing AC today and tested it for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXToshcqvrI&feature=youtu.be

Seems like it just goes invuln when you try to savespot him, and they even changed his attack so it hits way higher than the actual animation

Nero.8047

That’s great news!
Thanks for all the effort Blade!

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Wasn’t the “HK on the stairs exploit” fixed years ago? I’ve not heard of anyone doing that since like 2013.

So I’m thinking that any recent changes would be unrelated to that…unless the exploit became possible again recently?