AC P3: Now I get it.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

Okay. So normally I do not create ‘whiny’ topics or anything, but come on..

Mechanics are fun and challenging, but the buggyness at The Howling King is ridiculous. You can’t ress the NPCs without them charging in once you wipe, they ress @ 50% HP so they die quickly as well. Whenever Grast gets stunned by one of The Howling Kings’ attacks and you are so unfortunate that The Howling King makes the rocks come tumbling down the Bubble won’t pop. Great stuff. So you’re pretty much guarenteed to wipe because of that.

Let the NPC’s respawn with you and that would solve a major issue. The other being: look at the kitten stuns on Grast. I am a big supporter of these changes are they are challenging, but this is extremely frustrated. Get on it!

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

Posted by: Levistis.8356

Levistis.8356

Colossus Rumblus is thkittendboss.

When grast dies, we have everyone but the person appearing to have Rumblus’s aggro go rez grast. It works most the time.

Magummadweller

Direksone.3867

That he dies is fine, but he revives with 50% of his HP and rushes into battle again making him not live long, if even. The buggyness with the bubble is the most frustrating part. He got stunned right before as I mentioned and just now like 5sec after the rocks stopped falling he used it, when there was nothing falling. Come on.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

Posted by: Levistis.8356

Levistis.8356

Hmm I have not encountered that issue yet. Ran it 5 times since the patch.

Hope I don’t

Magummadweller

Direksone.3867

I guess we were unlucky then.. he bugged out a lot, though we managed.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

AC Path 3 is the new CoF Path 1.
1 Mesmer, 1 Guardian, 3 Warriors.
Warriors setting up Banner of Discipline and Battle Standart, Guardian giving AoE Stability and the Mesmer setting up timewarp. Mesmer will interrupt the first scream with F3. While timewarp is still up the boss already dies.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Or you can, you know.. Interrupt his howl. Why is it teams outright refuse to use CC? They say “It’s just AC itll be easy”, I tell em to use CC skills and CO-ORDINATE, but nooooooo! They just don’t listen!

It’s a l2p problem tbh.

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

I don’t get how Grast is dying for people. He stands there right in front of the boss taking his attacks like they were nothing. I’ve never even had him get close to dying yet.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Or you can, you know.. Interrupt his howl.

Sadly doesn’t work as intended. Interrupting his howl either doesn’t prevent of falling stones or the boss will just start howling 2 seconds later again.
That NPC is fully kitten sometimes even deciding to exit the fight to go for breeders in the tunnels. And if he stays alive he often forgets to put up a shield, gets interrupted by trying to set it up or just dies with some kitten suicide actions.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i haven’t tried the new AC yet so unsure if the howl mechanic has changed.. but i think there is a tiny window that you can interupt his scream, where (a) the rocks won’t fall and (b) he won’t reset and do the howl a gain right after the interupt but instead move onto his next attack set.. i.e. if you do it outside this window, he’ll still pull the move off, or he’ll do it again shortly after being “successfully” interrupted

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

It was a stroke of whatever the opposite of brilliance is to have parties dependant on an RNG NPC AI to act correctly during an encounter. From bad luck alone a party can fail this encounter.