AC - The old The new, from a new player

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: WonderfulCT.6278

WonderfulCT.6278

Ok to all you New AC lovers. I just ran AC with a random group. I decided I was going to do whatever they wanted/there strat no arguement no fuss. After a few mins of looking I found the group I was looking for they said get off your 39 and on a 80 or KICK. I said ok and got on my War that was spec’d for CoF not AC and I said that,they didn’t care. Skipped the borrows with 2 of them and 2 stayed behind at the starter burow. They whipped twice trying to kill it instead of skipping. “I was laughing”. Everyone died on spider queen in about 20 secs. So rather than have 3 wars,1 guard,and a ele they had 4 glass cannon wars and a ele. My guardian would have been much better suited for that dungeon/group because that is what I have him spec’d for to boon and keep the team alive, my warrior on the other hand is designed for a CoF p1 4 wars and 1 mes build to burn bosses down as fast as possible . Needless to say I felt no reason to stay in the group or give any effort after the first whipe I knew it was a fail team because nobody even tried helping the one nub we had that was screaming he didn’t know what to do. I felt bad and wanted to help him but I was there soley as a follower and didnt want to take the role as a leader. This is the type of stuff the new AC is inspiring and you are all defending it??

This post doesn’t make much sense. You intentionally found a group full of people you knew were not very good (or as good as you feel you are which seems to be very considering that in your post you imply that you find the dungeon content easy), then next you intentionally do not take a leadership role even though you appear to be the most experienced. Next you do not inform your team that they should skip burrows.

I myself have had a team wipe on the spider queen and proceeded to solo it myself (this was on my glass cannon war which btw I’ve done all 3 paths on and never failed yet). When I have a team where I know some people do not know what to do if I can I help them. A lot of groups do not talk which is ok but communication can be an essential part of dungeoneering. If you had intended not to help your team at all from the start do them a favour by not joining it so they can get someone who can.

Now the new dungeon can be more difficult at times but through communication and perseverence I have managed to finish all my runs and each path even before I knew what the changes were, also my teammates would inform me of the boss changes before we started so we all had an equal chance of helping to win.

Add more sound effects to The Minstrel plz.

Posted by: SwiftDeths.9706

SwiftDeths.9706

Howling King. (Path 1 Boss) It is lacking the fun factor. Also, why is fire involved?

Because the narrative of the entire path revolves around Hodgins rebuilding magical flaming scepters because they might be useful in handling what he deems as the most pressing threat to the Priory expedition. And now they are useful (he’s the one creating those fires), and the events preceding the final boss actually have relevance and appropriate context.

Your suggestion basically changes it back to being too similar to Colossus Rumblus.

Best part is the fire still spawns even if Hodgins dies.

Posted by: Croatoan.8426

Croatoan.8426

@Croatoan you should have told them that you have never run AC before then and said you needed guidance. You got on your glass cannon warrior and said you have it specced for CoF, not AC. Everyone would assume you know the AC mechanics since you haven’t specced for it. Why then would anyone explain to you how AC works if you clearly know how to run AC?

Also, you’ve just not been in the right groups. I’ve acted as a tour guide for over 100 parties for AC, CM, TA, CoF and FotM. Just because you’ve always ended up in noncommunicative PuGs doesn’t mean that they don’t exist.

I know the old AC and have ran the new AC a few times. I know how to run it and the whole point of me telling them I was on my Glass Cannon war was to express the fact that I was basically telling them I wasn’t going to be able to tank or have any survival what so ever which btw is terrible for the new AC. And I am happy there are people like you out there I wish I could have ever found a group that was willing to teach me how to run it but I learned from personal experince. First time I ran the new AC and I did tell them I never ran it before,the giant spider instant ganked me because I didn’t know they buffed that dang web attack and nobody bothered to tell me about it.

Entire fort of people disapeared,only thing left carved into a tree was CROATOAN.

Posted by: Hobocop.1508

Hobocop.1508

Howling King. (Path 1 Boss) It is lacking the fun factor. Also, why is fire involved?

Because the narrative of the entire path revolves around Hodgins rebuilding magical flaming scepters because they might be useful in handling what he deems as the most pressing threat to the Priory expedition. And now they are useful (he’s the one creating those fires), and the events preceding the final boss actually have relevance and appropriate context.

Your suggestion basically changes it back to being too similar to Colossus Rumblus.

Best part is the fire still spawns even if Hodgins dies.

Them ancient scepters truly are ‘great weapons of the past’. They even work when the wielder isn’t.

Croatoan.8426

Ok to all you New AC lovers. I just ran AC with a random group. I decided I was going to do whatever they wanted/there strat no arguement no fuss. After a few mins of looking I found the group I was looking for they said get off your 39 and on a 80 or KICK. I said ok and got on my War that was spec’d for CoF not AC and I said that,they didn’t care. Skipped the borrows with 2 of them and 2 stayed behind at the starter burow. They whipped twice trying to kill it instead of skipping. “I was laughing”. Everyone died on spider queen in about 20 secs. So rather than have 3 wars,1 guard,and a ele they had 4 glass cannon wars and a ele. My guardian would have been much better suited for that dungeon/group because that is what I have him spec’d for to boon and keep the team alive, my warrior on the other hand is designed for a CoF p1 4 wars and 1 mes build to burn bosses down as fast as possible . Needless to say I felt no reason to stay in the group or give any effort after the first whipe I knew it was a fail team because nobody even tried helping the one nub we had that was screaming he didn’t know what to do. I felt bad and wanted to help him but I was there soley as a follower and didnt want to take the role as a leader. This is the type of stuff the new AC is inspiring and you are all defending it??

This post doesn’t make much sense. You intentionally found a group full of people you knew were not very good (or as good as you feel you are which seems to be very considering that in your post you imply that you find the dungeon content easy), then next you intentionally do not take a leadership role even though you appear to be the most experienced. Next you do not inform your team that they should skip burrows.

I myself have had a team wipe on the spider queen and proceeded to solo it myself (this was on my glass cannon war which btw I’ve done all 3 paths on and never failed yet). When I have a team where I know some people do not know what to do if I can I help them. A lot of groups do not talk which is ok but communication can be an essential part of dungeoneering. If you had intended not to help your team at all from the start do them a favour by not joining it so they can get someone who can.

Now the new dungeon can be more difficult at times but through communication and perseverence I have managed to finish all my runs and each path even before I knew what the changes were, also my teammates would inform me of the boss changes before we started so we all had an equal chance of helping to win.

I don’t even think I should respond to this… I have explained my actions and reasons for doing what I was doing. And I did communicate but since the team condemned my guard that I spec’d for that dungeon and acted like they knew how to run it blind folded I was just going to follow there directions and what they were doing. Because I didn’t steep up and call them nubs and tell them that there way was wrong I am a horrible person by your logic. The group I was looking for was group that knew eachother and acted like they knew how to run it. (There was one other nub in the group besides myself that I didn’t know about till he whiped on the burrows). Then I laughed at half the group standing there waiting for him. One person in the group was trying to help him and whiped along with him on the burrows. I admit I should have said I was a nub at the start to make the experiment more legit but there was no point after the other person admited he had no idea what he was doing. I didn’t do anything to hinder the group and tried to help as best as I could without attempting to assume leadership.

Entire fort of people disapeared,only thing left carved into a tree was CROATOAN.

(edited by Croatoan.8426)

WonderfulCT.6278

@Croatoan you should have told them that you have never run AC before then and said you needed guidance. You got on your glass cannon warrior and said you have it specced for CoF, not AC. Everyone would assume you know the AC mechanics since you haven’t specced for it. Why then would anyone explain to you how AC works if you clearly know how to run AC?

Also, you’ve just not been in the right groups. I’ve acted as a tour guide for over 100 parties for AC, CM, TA, CoF and FotM. Just because you’ve always ended up in noncommunicative PuGs doesn’t mean that they don’t exist.

I know the old AC and have ran the new AC a few times. I know how to run it and the whole point of me telling them I was on my Glass Cannon war was to express the fact that I was basically telling them I wasn’t going to be able to tank or have any survival what so ever which btw is terrible for the new AC. And I am happy there are people like you out there I wish I could have ever found a group that was willing to teach me how to run it but I learned from personal experince. First time I ran the new AC and I did tell them I never ran it before,the giant spider instant ganked me because I didn’t know they buffed that dang web attack and nobody bothered to tell me about it.

What proof do you have that glass cannons are worse in AC? They kill breeders almost instantly, spider boss has very limited attacks capable of hitting the player, the scavengers don’t insta-kill anymore. Ghost eater has a short window for attacking, Colossus will likely kill players if they run out of things to stop the rocks with so killing it fast helps.

The web attack is not buffed its actually worse because it uses it even though its not in range. It’s a downgrade imo.

I would be lying if I said I never die or go down, in fact I do go down more than on my alts but the dps more than makes up for it, and in most encounters I will not go down more than my teammates. Also sometimes less.

Posted by: CryxTryx.9208

CryxTryx.9208

Well anyway I think I’ve said all that I can say on this topic. I mostly just wanted to share the perspective of a new player going into this new AC since a lot of people seemed to be speculating on it.

It boils down to this. If the new AC is an example of how Anet intends to redesign all of their dungeons, they are intending for exp dungeons to require a lot of team work, good communication, willingness to learn and willingness to teach. They are not going to be easy.

Personally I am excited for this.

I understand that there are many players who find this increased difficulty tedious, and not fun. I don’t think any amount of debate or discussion is going to change the minds of those players.

Here is the good thing. They don’t have to change their minds. There will still be plenty of content out there that is story driven and allows for more relaxed game play.

Only a small percentage of the content is being geared towards players who want that type of challenge.

You see I like content that is designed to kill me. The Fire Elemental event in Metrica Province is not designed to kill me. All I have to do to complete it is how up, target, and press 1.

I’ve done AC Story and I’ve done CM story. Those dungeons are not designed to kill me. They are designed to tell a story. There is some fighting involved to keep things interesting and the rewards given are proportionate to the amount of effort required to complete it.

The jumping puzzles in Lions Arch are not designed to kill me. They are fun, they take about 3 minutes and I can to practice accurately moving my character around, but there is no risk of death.

This content is fun, it passes some time, and that is good enough for many players, but it is not challenging.

Up until the new AC the only content I felt was designed to kill me was the second jumping puzzle after the spiral in the Sylvari land. You miss a jump when you are high up there, you’re dead, and you have to complete the spiral again to make another attempt. When I beat that puzzle the first time as a new character, I was kitten proud, and I liked that feeling.

Now AC provides that feeling. I would like to see the bugs fixed, and after that it will be a fun dungeon to run when you want a challenge, and I am hoping there is more to come.

Croatoan.8426

What proof do you have that glass cannons are worse in AC? They kill breeders almost instantly, spider boss has very limited attacks capable of hitting the player, the scavengers don’t insta-kill anymore. Ghost eater has a short window for attacking, Colossus will likely kill players if they run out of things to stop the rocks with so killing it fast helps.

The web attack is not buffed its actually worse because it uses it even though its not in range. It’s a downgrade imo.

I would be lying if I said I never die or go down, in fact I do go down more than on my alts but the dps more than makes up for it, and in most encounters I will not go down more than my teammates. Also sometimes less.

This is one arguement you won’t win lol. A true glass cannon war has no way to rip conditions off, The spider web attack (if it hits) has enough dps to basically one shot my war,along with every boss in the dungeon has one shot attacks to a glass cannon but they are easily dodgable if you have the endurance. And I did say I was the last in the group alive in another post. The OTHER glass cannon wars in the group and there were 3 of them bite it before I did. Gravlings bleeds will knock a glass cannon war down in no time flat not to mention if you get “kicked” by one of there new abilites and get swarmed before you get up = a pretty quick painful death but 90% of the time you can rally thow. I have alot easier time with my tanky guardian build than my glass cannon war. You do need atleast some survival in this dungeon which isn’t a pure glass cannon or you will go down alot and while you are down that dps = nothing to help your team.

Hobocop.1508

Glass cannon Warriors can’t slot Shake it Off, Signet of Stamina or Mending?

They can’t swap out one of two major traits in Discipline for Mobile Strikes for two minutes to avoid web death?

What is so important that you can’t sub at least one of these in for a single fight?

I think there’s more of a problem with inflexible players than dungeon design.

(edited by Hobocop.1508)

Posted by: Jabiacas Horologium.4976

Jabiacas Horologium.4976

Croatoan, I get what you are saying that you haven’t gained the experience in the New AC to want to take lead and that you and the other new player weren’t informed by the players that lead. Don’t take this as a representative to all players or pug groups though. One clue popped up in the beginning that they were not going to be helpful, and that was when they demanded that you swap from your 39 to an 80 or be kicked.

Croatoan.8426

Hobo in order to be a true glass cannon you need to run For Great Justice,A banner that no other war is carrying,and frenzy. or switch frenzy for signet of might/furry. A single slot skill that removes a few conditions every 30-40 secs isn’t going to help much if at all.AC P2 for instance spider can stack some nasty poison on you and cover the floor in it. You pop it once and get it on you again you might as well just sit there and die or you can take the ac mesmers that can sit there and put on every condition in the game. If you want to be able to survive stick with a medium build or a heavy build. But don’t sit there tell me you can freaking tank/easily survive with a glass cannon warrior when I know for a fact that you can’t.You are totally relaying on team mates to help you rally,keep conditions off,give you protection,and regen. Endurance has to run out at some point unless you wanna carry the signet to keep dodging and warriors have no real quick escapes other than the whirling attack,where a mesmer can break stun/escape all in one skill and actually get away with running a glass cannon.

Jabiacas you nailed it on the head. And ya if I were actually wanting to run the dungeon for my own reasons I woulda lol’d them and left when they told me to get on my 80. But I was trying to prove a point to these guys why nubs have so many issues with this dungeon and finding decent groups. According to ALOT of people on this fourm post apperently 95% of all groups will take you under there wing and show you everything and give you multiple chances which I know is a load of bull. And my whole point of posting on here increasing difficulty like this breeds elitism,must be experinced and if you go down you get kicked(i rolled my eyes at that post) and lvl 80 requirement to just get in a group. I looked on GW2lfg for a group earlier and there were 2 out of 25 posts that allowed people under 80. I was lucky enough to find a group and we ran threw p2 without a big hitch other than ghost eater refusing to move off of a trap after we activated it….

Hobocop.1508

I said no such thing. Only debunking your statement that ‘glass cannon’ warriors have no way to clear conditions, which is 100% false.

Even with my tanky DPS build, I can’t be in the poison AoE for much longer than a few seconds, so I do the sensible thing of stopping damage and getting out of the poison before clearing conditions, then WAIT for the right moment before going back in. Not difficult to do. Either spin out with GS 3, or detarget and use GS 5, then use whichever one you didn’t use to get out to run back in when its safe. It’s not a race like CoF 1 has turned into, sorry to say.

(edited by Hobocop.1508)

Jabiacas Horologium.4976

95% or not, some of the people posted on this segment to say that they are willing to be helpful and that is something, it means not all people are self centered into the elitist mentality. Personally, I don’t get it that people only want to farm armor in a game where one set is ~ to the next as long as you get the stats you want. From there it becomes about skins or just the plain fun of doing dungeons, or well they are farming gold which makes more sense. It seems that people who want to farm dungeons quickly for what ever reason no longer really even find it fun, it becomes a job at that point. It is easy to avoid elitist grouping for me, for one I don’t use gw2lfg.com, I stand at the instance and ask on map, though I will admit, the numbers have lessened quite a bit at the gates in the last week, what once took a couple of minutes, is now taking at times up to 15 minutes. I don’t find anything wrong with the new revision other than some of the bugs that still need to be worked out, I do realize that a lot of people do, whether their reasons be difficulty or laziness of relearning what they once knew, or their tolerance to the bugs. And, the numbers at the gate reflect the annoyances people are having.

The Ghost Eater stuck bug is one that is reoccurring, they tried to patch it once on information that was given to them through the general public. What I see him getting stuck on is not the traps, though sometimes it happens when he is at a trap, but it also happens in the middle of the dance floor when he is not near a trap. I see it happening when he spawns his adds. It can be worked around for the time being by using pull or knock powers on him, if you can move him an inch he becomes free to move again. Hopefully they will get it fixed properly in time.

Croatoan.8426

I said no such thing. Only debunking your statement that ‘glass cannon’ warriors have no way to clear conditions, which is 100% false.

Even with my tanky DPS build, I can’t be in the poison AoE for much longer than a few seconds, so I do the sensible thing of stopping damage and getting out of the poison before clearing conditions, then WAIT for the right moment before going back in. Not difficult to do. Either spin out with GS 3, or detarget and use GS 5, then use whichever one you didn’t use to get out to run back in when its safe. It’s not a race like CoF 1 has turned into, sorry to say.

I never said they couldn’t I was stating if you are running a true glass cannon what your slots should be. And I agree with the CoF statement that is prob going to be Anets next dungeon to upgrade. But a warriors condition clearing is very limited and you have to sacrifice a slot spot to put one in there. And it’s not hard at all to accidentally run over (Example the spiders little kill circles on the floor) if you don’t have her pinned against the wall and are in a chase/run scenario. Thats why it is a good reason to carry a guardian your group if you are running AC for the boon/ condition control. And that is where my statement origanlly came from was I was in a group with my 39 guardian specifically traited and sloted to keep my team up and dealing out alot of damage without having to constantly break to heal. But the team made me get off my 39 and get on my glass cannon war which I had made for CoF p1 farming. Warriors bring alot of good group buffs,direct damage,and (if traited right) the best tank profession in the game. I was stating that for AC it would be better to bring a mix between survival and dps to the dungeon instead of just a straight up glass cannon and for some reason that really offended you. And your right its not CoF speed run therefor you shouldn’t trait/gear/slot your warrior as such. And I told that group that is what my warrior was made for and they didn’t care as long as it was a 80 and I warned them my survival was horrible. It was all just a point I was making for how hard it is for nubs and pugs joining groups in dungeons when the difficulty is raised to that level. People would rather have you use a glass cannon that is in no way shape or form made for that dungeon and give up your sub80 alt that is built for it just so they can have another 80 on there team.

WonderfulCT.6278

@Croatoan there are solo videos showing how the spider can easily be beaten. I myself made one for fun. I don’t get where your problems with the spider stem from and shake it off works fine for the boss as usually you only need to remove poision.

I honestly don’t get what part of the dungeon is so hard now.

Croatoan.8426

95% or not, some of the people posted on this segment to say that they are willing to be helpful and that is something, it means not all people are self centered into the elitist mentality. Personally, I don’t get it that people only want to farm armor in a game where one set is ~ to the next as long as you get the stats you want. From there it becomes about skins or just the plain fun of doing dungeons, or well they are farming gold which makes more sense. It seems that people who want to farm dungeons quickly for what ever reason no longer really even find it fun, it becomes a job at that point. It is easy to avoid elitist grouping for me, for one I don’t use gw2lfg.com, I stand at the instance and ask on map, though I will admit, the numbers have lessened quite a bit at the gates in the last week, what once took a couple of minutes, is now taking at times up to 15 minutes. I don’t find anything wrong with the new revision other than some of the bugs that still need to be worked out, I do realize that a lot of people do, whether their reasons be difficulty or laziness of relearning what they once knew, or their tolerance to the bugs. And, the numbers at the gate reflect the annoyances people are having.

The Ghost Eater stuck bug is one that is reoccurring, they tried to patch it once on information that was given to them through the general public. What I see him getting stuck on is not the traps, though sometimes it happens when he is at a trap, but it also happens in the middle of the dance floor when he is not near a trap. I see it happening when he spawns his adds. It can be worked around for the time being by using pull or knock powers on him, if you can move him an inch he becomes free to move again. Hopefully they will get it fixed properly in time.

I don’t know if you misunderstood my intentions or about my gripe… I don’t want the dungeon to die/turn into an elitist nightmare. I admire the work they put into it but it is making it difficult for new people to the dungeon to find groups that are willing to teach and have the patients to. If you have a sub 80 alt and only using map/guild chat in my server your gonna be there for awhile. So ty whoever made gw2lfg lol. My other gripe is that they made the paths longer/harder without really increasing the rewards you get for completeing it. If it takes twice as long and is atleast 3 times harder shouldn’t there be a reward increase to make players want to play it more? Its all the risks with the same reward.

Croatoan.8426

@Croatoan there are solo videos showing how the spider can easily be beaten. I myself made one for fun. I don’t get where your problems with the spider stem from and shake it off works fine for the boss as usually you only need to remove poision.

I honestly don’t get what part of the dungeon is so hard now.

Ok… You misunderstood the whole point… The spider was an EXAMPLE and sorry can’t youtube anything. Whole limtied internet and all. You sure they were using a glass cannon?? And you get caught in her web spray once your dead if your running a glass cannon war. I know she ganked me with it the first time I ran it. And I ran a group with 3 other glass cannon wars earlier and they died before me after I rezed them so I don’t get what your point is? Sorry have to edit my point BEING it is easier to run a dps/survival build rather than a pure glass cannon. So much stuff in AC that can kill you with little effort. If your running a glass cannon war you are just making your life harder. That is my whole point and the fact you are so determined to defend glass cannons in a dungeon that isn’t really ment for them says something in its self. Honestly what do you need it for?? Mob control and aoe abilites are so much more useful in AC. Id rather carry axe/shield and a axe/mace than gs with a heavier build than a glass cannon. You could help your group out so much more than just running a straight glass cannon.

Hobocop.1508

And, again, that’s not a problem with dungeon design itself, but inflexible players. Barring bugs, nothing in the new AC is broken or over-the-top difficult assuming players are willing to be flexible with their options. The ‘glass cannon’ Warrior build is tailor-made for a very specific set of situations in one dungeon path, and taking that outside of that very specific area creates problems.

(edited by Hobocop.1508)

Croatoan.8426

And, again, that’s not a problem with dungeon design itself, but inflexible players. Barring bugs, nothing in the new AC is broken or over-the-top difficult assuming players are willing to be flexible with their options. The ‘glass cannon’ Warrior build is tailor-made for a very specific set of situations in one dungeon path, and taking that outside of that very specific area creates problems.

My entire point the whole time.. I wasn’t hating on Glass Cannons it is just not the best thing to bring to AC. Thankyou

Posted by: Spekingur.1062

Spekingur.1062

Ah, that explains it. Thank you. My suggestion was just based on the name of the boss and imagining what a creature with powerful howling could do.

@CryxTryx You automatically go to that, don’t you? Accusing people of wanting everything easier. You complained about a lack of suggestions and I gave some. You then complain about those suggestions. There is obviously some amount of dislike to the changes of AC within the community and all you are doing is calling those who don’t like the changes crybabies without providing any compromising suggestions for them. I have already said that I liked most of the changes in AC and only saw a few faults. But because you are so intent on being a brickwall you have it in your mind that I want it all easypie. Forums are for discussing things which I thought we were doing but you basically answer each suggestion with “nuh-huh, that’s just because you want easy mode” rather than actually discussing it. You seem to be seeking confirmation of your own “genius” and try to shoot everyone else down that has a different opinion from yours.

@Kanako Because it is not obvious what to do. We found out what to do by accident on our first try, if we had not we would have wiped more often. It is very easy to wipe in that room if you don’t know what to do. I don’t know if Hodgins ever mentions what he is going to do (creating fire, killing adds) – perhaps that’s something he should do. If he communicated such it wouldn’t be as confusing.
The Spider Queen herself isn’t much of a challenge. It’s the hatchlings that are in the same room. You basically have three things going on in that room. Gargoyles, hatchlings and Spider Queen. The fight with the Spider Queen alone just isn’t that challenging or fun. Her venom bites harder now, she seems to throw it out more often and over a wider area. As I said before, maybe it’s okay she’s like that since she is the first boss. IMO it’s the hatchlings that might need a closer look.

Croatoan.8426

Ah, that explains it. Thank you. My suggestion was just based on the name of the boss and imagining what a creature with powerful howling could do.

@CryxTryx You automatically go to that, don’t you? Accusing people of wanting everything easier. You complained about a lack of suggestions and I gave some. You then complain about those suggestions. There is obviously some amount of dislike to the changes of AC within the community and all you are doing is calling those who don’t like the changes crybabies without providing any compromising suggestions for them. I have already said that I liked most of the changes in AC and only saw a few faults. But because you are so intent on being a brickwall you have it in your mind that I want it all easypie. Forums are for discussing things which I thought we were doing but you basically answer each suggestion with “nuh-huh, that’s just because you want easy mode” rather than actually discussing it. You seem to be seeking confirmation of your own “genius” and try to shoot everyone else down that has a different opinion from yours.

@Kanako Because it is not obvious what to do. We found out what to do by accident on our first try, if we had not we would have wiped more often. It is very easy to wipe in that room if you don’t know what to do. I don’t know if Hodgins ever mentions what he is going to do (creating fire, killing adds) – perhaps that’s something he should do. If he communicated such it wouldn’t be as confusing.
The Spider Queen herself isn’t much of a challenge. It’s the hatchlings that are in the same room. You basically have three things going on in that room. Gargoyles, hatchlings and Spider Queen. The fight with the Spider Queen alone just isn’t that challenging or fun. Her venom bites harder now, she seems to throw it out more often and over a wider area. As I said before, maybe it’s okay she’s like that since she is the first boss. IMO it’s the hatchlings that might need a closer look.

I already said cryx is just on here trolling lol… And I agree with you about the hatchling adds never thought of that.. Ghost Eater should be the first thing they take a look at because the fight can drag on for a long time because he bugs and won’t move from being stuck. I noticed he bugs more often right after he goes back to his ghost form. So we sit there and wait forever for the trap to respawn… Idk does he bug more when he actually makes contact with the trap?

Posted by: Brennus.1435

Brennus.1435

This is exactly how my first experiences went. I was used to soloing a lot the wrath of the lich king content in Cataclysm and duoing it with my g/f. Everything was just a faceroll of rotation after rotation, otherwise nothing interesting. We both hit level 80 together on our first characters, and without even worrying about what type of gear we had we decided to try AC story duo. Lost so hard on the first trash, lol. We got together a few people and we started doing these things and communicating and after a lot of trial and error we have wiped up almost every explorable in the game. When I say, “they’re not impossible, I’ve done them.” I get called an elitist a lot. But I’m not, I simply put in a lot of time and effort and repair costs with a team who did the same and we made it through. It’s a blast learning things and having such a challenge.

“Everyone is born a 5 signet Warrior,
what we become later only depends
on how hard we try and how good we want to become.” -HannaDeFreitas

Posted by: Valdur.3607

Valdur.3607

The Spider Queen and the Hatchlings are challenging yes and not as tedious and unfun as the gravelings. I had to rethink my Guardian(CC, conditioned damage,support healer) and make it more tanky to stay alive long enough and this makes me sad because Anet sold the game as a game you play the way you want to play it and now I can’t.

Jabiacas Horologium.4976

Croatoan, I am not mistaking what you are saying. I did run an ac path 2 tonight in about 15 minutes with a pug, 2 were 80, the rest weren’t, an by this I say I feel there is nothing wrong with the encounters outside of bugs. With the changes a lot of people were scared off for what ever reasons. I do not believe it is the fault of the instance or devs. That 95% that chose not to be helpful to lower levels or new players is community error, and I feel that there is a kitten poor community in this game compared to other MMO games that I have experienced. This is where it becomes harder for new and low levels to find grouping. I agree with you that none of us want to see the dungeon or any of them die out in attendance. If I understood the plans of the developers they will be revising more instances. One day it will hit CoF as well and then what will that 95% do, for now they post their dislikes towards AC and the farm community moves on to CoF, when it reaches there and if they don’t like it I believe we will see more rage quit posts than dislike and move to the next instance posts. I don’t feel that they need to up the reward to the dungeon for their changes, because once learned it doesn’t really take longer to do and loses difficulty just as it did at launch when people learned the encounters, other than the troll, most bosses actually deal less damage and have lowered health, but with more mechanics. The lesser mobs have had a small increase to bleed damage, which can be negated with condition removals, they added knockdown to graveling, but both graveling and scavengers deal less damage as a single and their knockdown can be negated through dodge or stability. They have removed Breeders form the burrow events and that lessens the amount of spawns. The boss for path 2 does take longer, even when they fix the stuck bug it will still be a longer fight than before the revision, though it is more fun and less mind numbing than it was before. Kholer has lowered health and damage, but now spawns adds that can’t be ignored. CR fight can be interrupted taking a lot of the stress of the crappy mechanics that the NPC has. Howler is a simple matter of running behind fire rings when the adds spawn so they have to run through it which instantly kills them, and when it gets tight like a ring vanishing stability, aegis and dodging negate the knockdown to help people stay up and move to another fire ring. The worst thing about the spider queen is if you get unlucky enough to get webbed and an aoe dropped under you at the same time, this is bad since break stuns aren’t doing anything to get you out. When a player does go down on the SQ it takes patient to wait out the aoe duration before player can get to them to revive and can become a when I can event in it’s own since the SQ can decide to drop another aoe.
The second run at AC I did tonight I got on my 80 Guardian and joined a group that was having trouble with the SQ, we got through that and moved on to the burrows, this was path 2 btw. I did what I could to explain two different methods to the fight and the group was improving, 3 of the members were guilded together (one of which was 80, and myself, all others well under), my self and one other pug, The last pug mentioned early on that he had not been in this path before, the others said nothing so I assumed they had a working knowledge though after a few attempts they were proving otherwise at the burrows, I was sticking it out and at one point they kicked the last pug member out without saying anything. After they kicked him they said to me, “We are getting another 80”. I whispered an apology to the kicked member and for the first time in a dungeon I left the group. The kicked member wasn’t doing worse than the rest, he just wasn’t in their guild or the one 80 pug, I actually felt he was improving at the encounter more than the others were, and that was BS kicking him like so.

Posted by: Kanako Davis.5364

Kanako Davis.5364

So much stuff in AC that can kill you with little effort. If your running a glass cannon war you are just making your life harder….

Sorry it’s a little late but i just got home…umm why would you try a glass cannon warrior for your little “experiment” then? If you know that your build sucks for this dungeons then just change it? If you do dungeons with the mentality that you’re running just one specific build then you’re doomed to fail in dungeons as soon as they get “harder”. Furthermore you did not help although you would be able to. Thats just a lack of teamplay which you need for explorable dungeons. Otherwise you will get the impression that AC may be hard.
I have to admit though that there are many groups out there who lack teamplay and want a quick run and then fail. They then complain that the dungeon is too hard while in fact they just suck as a group. They may good individual players but i think they did not understand the concept of teamplay you need in a dungeon.

Croatoan.8426

Jabiacas Horologium- I am inclined to agree with you about most of that but I will still hold my opinion about increasing the reward.. Otherwise people will just move to differnt dungeons. And as for what happened to that group you were helping… Sounds like a group of self appointed elitists. “We can’t be doing bad lets kick this other guy so we can get somebody else more experinced so we can play on easy mode.” I hate when that happens,a pug sticks it out and helps them get threw the dungeon then they kick him before he can even get the reward?? That is messed up…

Im not even responding to the guy that asked me about my glass cannon I’ve answered that like 8 times and I don’t want to get in another arguement off subject.

Kanako Davis.5364

If i am the guy you wont reply to then let me tell you this. I don’t care about glass cannon. I just think that you should not run around with 1 build and expect it to work everywhere and then blame the game to be too hard if it does not work out.

Jabiacas Horologium.4976

Agree to disagree on the reward, no worries. And, yeah, that pug guild was pretty kitteny.

Kanako, his experiment was not about the build or profession of a character in anyway. He was testing community responsiveness towards helping a new to the instance/change of instance player. He really hasn’t been complaining that the game or instance were hard to him. He did mention that he was asked/told to get on an 80 or be kicked. He had originally tried to bring a lower level guardian that was built better for the instance in his opinion.

Croatoan.8426

If i am the guy you wont reply to then let me tell you this. I don’t care about glass cannon. I just think that you should not run around with 1 build and expect it to work everywhere and then blame the game to be too hard if it does not work out.

READ the posts… I was arguing with a guy that said you can run glass cannon solo threw ac. The whole reason glass cannons got brought into this is because I was proving a point to someone on here that my level 39 tanky guardian wasn’t good enough to run with this group of 80s so they made me get off of my alt and on my main warrior or KICK that i use for CoF runs even after I told them I will most likely fail with it.

Kanako Davis.5364

Okay sorry i misunderstood you there.
Well as for me i avoid to join parties which specifically want a special class or 80’s only. I know that there are many groups out there which demand that from other players but to be honest the few times i joined such a group those player’s sucked really badly. If you join such a snobbish party i would not expect them to be very understanding if i was a noob.
Just because the majority of groups/players tend to be like that does not mean that you can’t get lucky and find a nice understanding group. I just want to make it clear that not all groups are “elitist”. I think most of the really good player have the patience to show new player around and help them wherever they can.

Croatoan.8426

Ya I still haven’t really ran into any groups that actually talked… And the ones that did didn’t really have anything nice to say or contribute to the team…. I keep getting groups that only want to run P2 and they all fail horribly at Ghost Eater. I have to target the slims he drops and tell them what to do all while I am kiting him throwig up heals and prot to keep the team from whiping. I admit if there was more communaction those runs would have probably went by alot smoother. I try not to lead but I will if nobody else wants to step up because I know there are alot more experinced players than me and I don’t want to make a Croatoan<nub mistake and whipe the whole team. I think my main issue is not with dungeon itself it is with the groups I get in and I try not to be critical about it I am guardian running sword/shield and staff and I am busy looking at players health,conditions,and where everyone is located trying to throw up as much healing,protection,and condition removal as possible not to mention putting up reflextion and absorb bubble for main boss attacks to block them and that is alot of micro to do while trying to direct the team on what to do while still trying to burn bosses health and adds down. And don’t get me wrong I like to be the hero more than I like being stuck with abunch of elitist that all they wanna do is complain and moan about how bad everyone is during a fight.