AC buffed?? What? And bugged

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Vees.7816

Vees.7816

I’ve done AC PLENTY of times, especially path 2. Why is it so hard all of a sudden?
When You have to protect Detha when she fixes the mortars, there was 7 mobs! That was ridiculous!! Two rangers, two warriors, two necros and an elementalist! That is literally impossible. We had to leave because someone couldn’t afford it.

Before you say, “It’s cuz you don’t know what you’re doing”, no, I go through AC by dying only 3 times maximum, few times without dying. This dungeon was my favorite, now it’s like all other dungeons, annoying… Drops are still crappy…

The Spider Queen and the Gravling Champion all of a sudden started wiping us really fast. Never had that problem before.

It’s like ANet took all of our dungeon suggestion and did the complete opposite. Really disappointed.

Vees.7816

OH and the bugged part I forgot to mention. My party member died, waypointed, and right when he did, he died right away right in front of me.. juts out of no where.. This patch for dungeons was TERRIBLE. All I’m hearing about SE is that it’s even worse. I didn’t know that was possible

Posted by: fony.5102

fony.5102

just did AC 1, 2 and 3. do not agree with this post at all. actually i’m wondering wtf is going on in this topic.

btw, did you ever get through SE story?

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

AC path 2 was a bit buggy at the end, when the female Charr started the event but refused to do anything except stand next to a turret. We had to run back and pull a champion out to knock her unconscious, defeated the champion, and then she decided to go fix a turret.

Vees.7816

Lol i didn’t finish the story for SE, I never tried. I’ve just been doing AC exp path 2 all day, everyday haha. But I take back what I said in the post a little. I might have been my group, idk. I’ve done this with a group full of first timers and had no problem at all.

I have just never seen the Spider Queen inflict that much damage before. And I don’t know how they expect us to take on two warriors, two rangers, two necros and and elementalist. The Rangers spam their spikes and the elem just uses it’s rainy fire thing(idk what it’s called) We can’t get it to work.

Again I have never had a problem with this since the patch

Posted by: kgptzac.8419

kgptzac.8419

there’s no stealth buff to mob strength as far as I can tell, after doing 3 paths just now.

a shard of crystal in the desert.

Posted by: DeadlyStormZ.2370

DeadlyStormZ.2370

Just did path 2 <20 minutes as usual.

Vees.7816

Ya know what, I’ll take back half of what I said haha. I’ll admit it:P
But no seriously idk where those 7 mobs came at the same time. I never had that before.

Posted by: FourthVariety.5463

FourthVariety.5463

How to defeat joint mobs

When Detha finishes a mortar, she usually get aggro on the attackers of the current mortar and helps to kill them. Once they are gone, she proceeds to the next one. However, it is possible to kite enemies away from Detha so far, that she will not have aggro upon completion of a mortar. She then starts the next mortar, more enemies spawn and that is how you get groups of 8+, usually only at the third mortar.

Those enemies form one large group guarding the third mortar. One player can then use the frost mortar to pull them towards him (just try to hit the outer edge of the large group). once they are close, this player runs away (NOT towards the group!) and another player will use the fire mortar. This L-Shaped pull will often result in 1-2 enemies splitting off and the rest running back. I suppose it is how the game does aggro.

Of the X monsters player 1 has aggroed , player 2 can only steal aggro from so many with one shot. If player 1 then runs away, his remaining monsters will reset and not have aggro on player 2. With two careful shots, you have split off a manageable amount. Sometimes, this pull fails and the group is again swarmed by too many enemies, in which case, all players bail and try again.

Posted by: apokalypze.3741

apokalypze.3741

OH and the bugged part I forgot to mention. My party member died, waypointed, and right when he did, he died right away right in front of me.. juts out of no where.. This patch for dungeons was TERRIBLE. All I’m hearing about SE is that it’s even worse. I didn’t know that was possible

Is your friend by any chance a warrior? There’s this bug(?) with the downed skill Vengeance that will make you die if you were defeated and waypointed back before the duration of the skill ran out. It seems to happen more frequently for me in AC than anywhere else though.

Vees.7816

No Like I said before, I know how to this dungeon.. I do it in about 30 minutes tops. It’s just I would literally be killed in 10 seconds…

And YES he was a warrior. Can you explain that again? He has a downed skill, that makes you die?

Posted by: Deathfrost.9145

Deathfrost.9145

I
The Spider Queen and the Gravling Champion all of a sudden started wiping us really fast. Never had that problem before.

It’s like ANet took all of our dungeon suggestion and did the complete opposite. Really disappointed.

Ive noticed that with gravelings last night, sometimes Id just get hit for a ton of damage, what is up with mobs sometimes liek rushign super fast when I try to juke them and just hitting me. Why is melee range on scavengers so ridiclously large after they leap?! I get swiped in a 360 degree cone yards away. I get downed If I freakin pass by the thing even if I dodged the initial leap.

IceBlink.4317

And YES he was a warrior. Can you explain that again? He has a downed skill, that makes you die?

Basically, the warrior gets downed, and activates Vengeance to get back up. This is a 10 second buff which allows him to have a small chance of completely reviving if he kills an enemy (100% if he took a trait for it), but if he doesn’t, he is defeated (i.e. auto-die). While in Vengeance state, if he loses all health, he is automatically defeated instead of being downed.

The bug is that in this 10 seconds, even defeat doesn’t remove the timer, the timer only expires after 10 seconds or if the revive mechanic removes it. So, in your example, your warrior friend was downed, used vengeance to get back up, and probably due to multiple/hard hitting mobs, was almost immediately reduced to zero health and defeated. Then, your friend decided to immediately go to a waypoint. All this happens in less than 10 seconds. So, as soon as your friend loads up at new location, the vengeance buff timer runs out… and your friend dies again.

This has happened to many warriors, haha.

Posted by: RawkFist.1935

RawkFist.1935

I ran TA EM going on the Up path, AC Story last night and AC path 2 this morning. Level 80 Ele with full exotic knight’s exalted gear with Rune of Earth set. I notice when I went into the instance since the patch it seems I’m pretty squishy, more so than normal.

Definite change.

Posted by: CookieMonster.7809

CookieMonster.7809

Is this done like an hr or so ago? I experienced the same insane buff to cof path 1. The final boss is now unkillable.

Posted by: Cinaed.2649

Cinaed.2649

It seems that AC has gotten a little difficulty nudge. It’s not much. Hardly noticeable. I noticed an extra fire trap at the Spider Queen, and that fight also slightly longer than before. Rest of it seems the same.

Vees.7816

Don’t you think that the Vengeance “die twice” thing is a but silly tho? So it’s not a dungeon bug, it’s a warrior bug?

IceBlink.4317

It’s a general warrior bug. All Arenanet has to do to patch it is to make defeat remove Vengeance as well. I don’t see it as high priority though, so to get around it, basically wait at least 10 seconds from the time you first use Vengeance before hitting a waypoint if you got defeated.

Vees.7816

Bleh. Good thing I’m not a warrior

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Went with a party today. 1 Guardian, 1 Warrior, 1 Elementalist, 1 Necromancer, 1 Ranger. Had no issues in any path.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer