AC cave troll is OP and annoying as heck.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Kirby.1564

Kirby.1564

in the Ascalonian Catacombs explorable dungeon the cave troll is over powered and super annoying. every one of his normal attacks is a ranged bouncing stun/weaken and then he fears you off edges and resets to full HP before any 1 can re tag him. this is stupid and pointless. very few if any 1 tries to kill him any more so he is wasted. either take him out of the game or make him take less than 1 and a 1/2 hours to kill.

also I have soloed him so im not saying OP as in he can’t be beat im saying he takes to dang long cuz of the non stop stun and 50% DPS nerf he gives.

(edited by Kirby.1564)

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Ehh I find him fun and wish he was more consistently spawning. Very easy kill if you bring some stability.

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

He’s the same troll in HOTW and in that one you kill him pretty fast. Given, due to stat scaling, I suspect the AC one is actually harder. >.>

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

He’s the same troll in HOTW and in that one you kill him pretty fast. Given, due to stat scaling, I suspect the AC one is actually harder. >.>

As it is my understanding, with the way stat scaling works, the AC troll is actually much easier than the HotW troll. And the HotW troll isn’t really bad (to melee) at all.

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

Have you considered skipping this optional boss?

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

The troll in AC explorable is fine. The same troll in AC story really is worse than annoying for newbies! As far as I can remember, when AC explorable was revamped the cave troll from explorable got copied into story and he’s way tougher than anything else in story.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

He’s not that hard in a group once you know his mechanics. The big skill you need to avoid is his ground shockwave, and the trick is to dodge AFTER he lands, since the shockwaves don’t actually fire until a split-second afterwards. The stun is only really annoying when you’re trying to res downed party members.

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

OP, so your argument is that the troll should be nerfed because you’re not able to kill him while watching TV?

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I will agree that the troll is annoying but I enjoy the fact that it is at least somewhat threatening. I just hate the fear. I hate being feared.

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

pls nurf

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

pls nurf

Pls no. We might need him to run CM. We care about CM.

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

Most, if not all, of its attacks are unblockable. This makes the bouncing daze very frustrating, so carry stability or have a guardian provide it (Stand Your Ground, Hallowed Ground).

With enough DPS, you can beat it like any other AC boss by freezing it with Ice Bow 5, and bursting it down before it has a chance to recover.

Without that…push it into a wall, and have everyone stay in melee range. That way, it won’t leap away from the group. When it leaps, you’ll want to dodge into the wall right before it lands to avoid the blast, and either be directly underneath it or dodge again to avoid the tremors that pop right after. Being directly under its feet will make the tremors avoid you. With really good timing, you may be able to avoid both attacks with a single dodge. Keep stabilities up to avoid the fear and dazes, and it should fall.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Kirby.1564

OP, so your argument is that the troll should be nerfed because you’re not able to kill him while watching TV?

my issue is with a stun every 2 and a 1/2 seconds and a nonstop 50% damage reduction the troll takes longer than his loot is worth. making him a useless annoyance that serves no purpose other than to be skipped in the run

Kirby.1564

have you considered reading my post?

“very few if any 1 tries to kill him any more so he is wasted. either take him out of the game or make him take less than 1 and a 1/2 hours to kill.” skipping is what people do and it makes him a waste of space

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

“very few if any 1 tries to kill him any more so he is wasted. either take him out of the game or make him take less than 1 and a 1/2 hours to kill.” skipping is what people do and it makes him a waste of space

You don’t have to kill all mobs in pve and if you consider the troll a waste of time, why not just skip it. I don’t want dungeons empty with only few packs of trash mobs and some bosses that are necessary to kill.

The troll in AC explorable is fine. The same troll in AC story really is worse than annoying for newbies! As far as I can remember, when AC explorable was revamped the cave troll from explorable got copied into story and he’s way tougher than anything else in story.

Troll in AC story is problem for newbies cos they have no idea how fight it and they think they have to kill anything with red HP bar. Lvl 80 with functioning brain can kill it really quickly but if the whole party are newbies, they wipe few times, some rage quit and those who stay often just give up after trying to find new party members. Same happens with the lover bosses, new players don’t realise spamming skills with confusion on kills them. The recently dumbed down leveling system certainly doesn’t help with this.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

And here I am praying that little event message pops up each time I run by his hidey hole. Takes my group like 30s or less to kill him usually and lets some timers cooldown for kholer.

Posted by: Glaciate.3901

Glaciate.3901

lol, should’ve recorded the time when the troll killed kholer by himself and had almost full health.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Kholer vs. Troll is pretty entertaining, though it takes foreeeeeveeer lol

need moar monster infighting pls

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

This type of logic is unfounded.
a. He does not take 1 and 1/2 hours to kill. Don’t use hyperbole’s they don’t help your argument
b. skipping him is a valid tactic.

Even if everyone skipped this boss (hypothetically 100% skips by all players), it would not be wise to remove it from the dungeon because it takes away the freedom to choose to engage the troll or not. This boss is an opt in boss, just the way is should be.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!