AC-very frustrating

AC-very frustrating

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Toxic.9214

Toxic.9214

I´ve tried the AC dungeon over 10 times with different groups and we failed all !
Is the dungeon to hard after the patch or are my groups just bad ?

AC-very frustrating

Posted by: bluewanders.5297

bluewanders.5297

Dungeons are always a little hard after their mechanics are changed. You just need to learn new strategies. I think it is actually a bit easier… they even added new mechanics and lowered health bars… that’s a big step in the right direction.

A little help for you… stock up on stability and condition clears… if you can keep vigor with as much uptime as possible because it gives you more dodges. And pay attention the npc’s… they actually matter now.

As the dungeons in the game get more complex… hopefully kill crews of zerker warriors will become less appealing.

EDIT: I forgot to add… strengthen your communication skills. Coordination and team communication are really key to completing content everyone isn’t super familiar with…

(edited by bluewanders.5297)

AC-very frustrating

Posted by: Eggduff.3429

Eggduff.3429

I do not find it normal that people like Toxic, or me, fail ten times in a row and that with a different team each time. This is a level 30, 35 dungeon, it is not supposed to be that hard. Also, anyone should be able to do this with any build they have! This dungeon, in particular, should be some kind of introduction to dungeons, not be classed in the hardest.
It was just fine the way it was before. A few tweeks here and there would have made it perfect. Something like giving a troll lightning abilities is over the edge. I find that if you are a level 30 or 35, get a group of people and head to a level 80 area. It should be a little easier.

AC-very frustrating

Posted by: Squally.4963

Squally.4963

I found the changes to paths 1 and 2 to not be all that bad, almost enjoyable actually (who doesn’t like playing ghostbusters?). However, they need to fix the Rumblus (sp) encounter on path 3. His scream isn’t that bad now, which is fine. But the tremor stage is downright asinine. Can’t dodge the rocks and most of the time Ghast would rather dps Rumblus instead of putting up his life saving protective bubble.

AC-very frustrating

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I only ran it once and it’s smooth and easy. Playing a guardian helps. Just put up the wall and shield and the spider queen is a joke.

Your group is not bad. It’s just people dont’ understand easy mechanics. Quite simple when you figure out the right skill to use. Use feedback for memser or any projectile reflect for the first boss. Know to dodge when kohger raise his hand.

AC-very frustrating

Posted by: pyrakitt.8076

pyrakitt.8076

I’ve only run Paths 1 and 2. Hope to get a try at 3 sometime in the next few days.

Path 1 used to be an easy run, sure there’d be an occasional screw up with the gravelings when miscommunication happened but we’d get it on the second bounce. Now I find it close to impossible on my Ranger. I just don’t have enough access to stability to keep myself from being bounced from one knockdown attack to the next. Even when the rest of my party can put them down and come rez me I feel like I’m being carried when before I contributed.

Now Path 2…that was a surprise. Once we worked out the ghostbusting mechanics it’s become the most fun I’ve had on a dungeon run in a long time. Instead of just shooting the boss, dodging and occasionally helping someone up from a downed state I felt we were actually working as a team to take down a boss. So Kudos to whomever came up with the changes to Path 2!

AC-very frustrating

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

I´ve tried the AC dungeon over 10 times with different groups and we failed all !
Is the dungeon to hard after the patch or are my groups just bad ?

The latter.

They raised the threshold so bad teams that may finish it previously can’t do so now.

Raise your standards for teammates and yourself to adjust for it, and you will not fail.

AC-very frustrating

Posted by: Keyang.3729

Keyang.3729

I’ve done all 3 paths, its actually more fun, except the time when on path 3, the stupid warmaster doesnt get his shield up in time and gets bashed by rocks and wipes the whole team. forcing us after 10 wipes to use the “safe spot” to kill the boss.. sigh

When a thief tells you to L2P they mean …

AC-very frustrating

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

I personally think, that damage bosses do, should be lowered a bit as most of 35’s are now dropping in one hit and they don’t have efficient set of traits/skills to avoid that.

AC-very frustrating

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

ill throw my 2 cents in too why not

path 1 with hodgins – fight boss next to the stairs, it seems hodgins random placements of fire becomes more concentrated as he has less options of where to put it, then u all can go all out on the boss, there may be other locations where this works

path 2 – easy just a bit buggy

path 3 – became easy once i learned to not bother using melee, just stand in the side of the bubble opposite the boss

spider queen – dodge the little spiders ranged attacks, dont stand in her aoe, get out of the way when she is about to do her big attack, lifts her front up when about to do it

I wanted to try some traps and aoe on the spiderlings so went in on my thief with a 45 thief, and a 40 hunter. We cleared the spiderlings before the queen spawns in pretty much one shot by pulling them onto the stairs just below the flame throwers. Did it once more and the queen spawned. I thought she spawned when u went into her area but it looks like its after a certain number of her babies die. Actually not too sure when she spawns as I ran thru her area too.

It has been 2 hours since your post so I bet you are running this no problem now.

(edited by Slither Shade.4782)

AC-very frustrating

Posted by: Kiraki.9761

Kiraki.9761

A little help for you… stock up on stability and condition clears… if you can keep vigor with as much uptime as possible because it gives you more dodges. And pay attention the npc’s… they actually matter now.

I play a necro, I don’t have access to vigor or stability outside of my elite, and to make it worse, range is still bugged on things like burrows which are constantly ‘obstructed’ so I am forced to do melee if I want to do dmg. So I have no way of avoiding perma knock down from trash mobs.

As the dungeons in the game get more complex… hopefully kill crews of zerker warriors will become less appealing.

Actually, this is exactly what is going to happen now. Some classes are now utterly useless in AC and it wont take long before people start insisting on certain classes for a group like warriors or guardians who have faster cool-downs on stability. It might not be zerker warriors but it will still lead to elitism and certain professions struggling to find a group for this dungeon.

This is meant to be a starter dungeon, and before you could form a group with any class plus people where at least willing to form groups with low level characters, where as now you just get kicked because the dungeon is so much harder with low levels in the group.

AC-very frustrating

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

I do enjoy it, but honestly it’s on par with CoE for difficulty, one false move and bam, it’s all over. I main a balanced warrior and it isn’t uncommon for half my health to get wiped in one attack, this would straight up kill a lvl 35 even if they went full Vit/Tough. I get it that the idea is to DODGE but I mean, unless you plan on sitting at range for every encounter, you need to be able to take a hit here and there.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

AC-very frustrating

Posted by: evolverzilla.2359

evolverzilla.2359

This “elistism” is created by stupid people, people don´t have imagination nor capacity to create something new. They need to create a magic formulae to do things and attach to it. You can see this in bake recipes, 99% of people will make the recipe precisely, the 1% will change something to make it better.

Sorry, but it´s true. People are stupid and will try to make this game as stupid as they.

And they call themselves PRO players… the only proplayers I know are the only ones who adjust by the circunstances.

AC-very frustrating

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

When people first started to do dungeons everyone was shouting the same thing ’It’s too hard! We can’t do it!’ then with time people learned the best way to approach encounters (or skip them because they couldn’t do the encounter). Then everyone complaint it was too easy.

Now AC has changed I wouldn’t really say it’s harder just different. The encounters are more interesting. The general public just needs to get familiar with them again so it goes back to ‘AC is too easy’

Can pretty much guarantee this will be the case, just wait a couple of months.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

AC-very frustrating

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

That’s why I said in other topic “reminds of august/september”. Same old cries and whines resulting from inability to quickly adapt to new situation. How many people after they die analyze what went wrong? Not many I assume. Same cries when anet disabled wp-rezzing. It’s always easier to bruteforce encounter than analyze situation and adjust.

AC-very frustrating

Posted by: GoatRope.9085

GoatRope.9085

I don’t know, I just did path 2 in AC and the ghostbusters was kinda dumb, unless you have a great party and in teamspeak together you aren’t going to get it done. The lag created by these patches also are making it worse. I never lagged in game until this patch and doing this step team mate said the trap was charged and on my screen it showed 3/4 full. The charge on the guns to pull in the globs just don’t work well enough unless you can talk to your partner to alternate. I kinda agree with some other posts here that it seems more interesting then before but it is a lvl 35 dungeon, I was a lvl 50 elemental and wearing crafted lvl 45 gear and i spent most of the time on my back, when the red circles appeared the lag caused instant down, come on teach players to get out of the circles not instant kill em and cause rage quitting, after all it is a game.

AC-very frustrating

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Mostly okay with the changes but stuff like P2 is iffy. “Hi! Half your skills are now useless and most of your traits are probably useless too! GL HF”

The problem I noticed on my engineer was that I was having trouble paying attention to both the circle for the traps and the circles GE was spitting out. Not sure it was me, the fact that you have to pay attention to both or the fact that my engineer is an asura making the camera lower.

The other problem is having 3 circles nearly perfectly overlapping, Great for dodging out with one dodge. Bad if you happen to be out of dodges and taking hits from 3 circle at the same time.

AC-very frustrating

Posted by: Ayoe.2136

Ayoe.2136

Never really enjoyed the “old” AC.Was way to easy, so was pretty rare i ran it with my guild, however, after the buff, its way way better, not as hard as ppl say it is, but defently more fun now, and worth my time.

AC-very frustrating

Posted by: Derelyk.2719

Derelyk.2719

I do not find it normal that people like Toxic, or me, fail ten times in a row and that with a different team each time. This is a level 30, 35 dungeon, it is not supposed to be that hard. Also, anyone should be able to do this with any build they have! This dungeon, in particular, should be some kind of introduction to dungeons, not be classed in the hardest.
It was just fine the way it was before. A few tweeks here and there would have made it perfect. Something like giving a troll lightning abilities is over the edge. I find that if you are a level 30 or 35, get a group of people and head to a level 80 area. It should be a little easier.

I absoluetely agree with this post.This is most people’s first experience with a dungeon. I’ve people in group cussing, not in the “fun haha cussing because this is tough” kind of way, but the “I’m kitten and I’d rather shove razor blades under my fingernails ‘cause that’s more enjoyable” kind of way. AC should be an introduction to dungeons in GW2, not a measure in frustration.

I

Lizsy Borden (wvw): Darkhaven

AC-very frustrating

Posted by: Arathor.7419

Arathor.7419

true it became way too hard, i find it pathetic that they did this without even making a poll with asking if we wanted the change for this dungoen

A wolf among sheep