ACP1 Full Solo

ACP1 Full Solo

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Not exactly like an Arah solo but getting first scepter was quite tricky.

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

Neat. Why exactly is it you take the frenzy utility? Aren’t there better alternatives?

ACP1 Full Solo

Wethospu.6437

According to Wiki Frenzy lasts 5 seconds on 60 seconds recharge.

With skill 1 it gives at least 8.33% more DPS. Effect is even higher when enemies die fast (for example if they die in 10 seconds it’s 50% more DPS, 20 seconds 25% more DPS).
In real situation it’s bit lower because Hundred Blades deals quite nice amount of damage (I may try to approximate this later).

But alternatives aren’t really better.
On My Mark: 1.666% more damage against bosses, double to normal enemy.
Signet of Might: 90 power, like 4% more damage (with my base power).
Banner of Strength: 90 power, like 4% more damage (with my base power).
Can’t be bothered to do math for else but effect is probably quite same.

+ Frenzy is fun to use and I take 50% more damage which is even more exciting!

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Nice, could you PM a link to your build Wethospu?

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: Spiky.8403

Spiky.8403

I hate you! Seriously I regret I didn’t go for warrior. Dmg output with guardian is too low to make this. 1-2 months ago I’ve been trying path 3, but I didn’t manage to keep devices alive for more than ~50%. There were too many mobs already and what’s more, they act crazy when you trying to aggro them.

What more to say, well done once again.

ACP1 Full Solo

Wethospu.6437

I need to try that path 3. Path 2 was just impossible.

Nice, could you PM a link to your build Wethospu?

It’s on video description more or less.

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Next

Best music in a gameplay video ever.

That being said, good job again on another feat. I’d not thought it was possible to do the Hodgins library event solo, but good job in finding a way. Although to be honest, as the designer of that content, I did a facepalm when I saw your thread title.

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: stone cold.8609

stone cold.8609

Nice job and thanks for sharing!

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: Bartho.7896

Bartho.7896

Although to be honest, as the designer of that content, I did a facepalm when I saw your thread title.

Why?
Its the Warrior designer and the profession balancing team that should be face-palming.
While i consider guardian pretty balanced, since his high resistance and nice support for team is balanced through rather low dmg. I dont see any downside on warriors, they excel in everything.

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

I expected everything in AC to be soloable (With patience) apart from the burrows. Kudos for being able to do what many groups fail to do with 5 people.

EDIT:

Although to be honest, as the designer of that content, I did a facepalm when I saw your thread title.

Why?
Its the Warrior designer and the profession balancing team that should be face-palming.
While i consider guardian pretty balanced, since his high resistance and nice support for team is balanced through rather low dmg. I dont see any downside on warriors, they excel in everything.

Every kittening time wethospu posts a video someone in the comments is always “hey nah it’s warrior this guy couldn’t do anything without his classDD”. Have you not perhaps thought of the skill required to solo lupicius with any class? I’d like to see you get a warrior and do even remotely close to the same.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

(edited by Writetyper.1985)

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

It’s definitely not the Warrior’s issue. This player dodges like a boss, and I am confident that an Elementalist, for example, could also solo this path given a talented enough player.

I understand where Rob’s coming from. You put a lot of effort designing content for a full party, and then find someone comes along and beasts your whole system by soloing everything. It’s both impressive and in a way disappointing.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: Bartho.7896

Bartho.7896

Every kittening time wethospu posts a video someone in the comments is always “hey nah it’s warrior this guy couldn’t do anything without his classDD”. Have you not perhaps thought of the skill required to solo lupicius with any class? I’d like to see you get a warrior and do even remotely close to the same.

Hey! That was not my point, it must be very challenging even with warrior and he did a great job there!

But you cant deny how OP warriors are, 4W+1Me farm CoF p1 in 5minutes, the damage warriors have is insane..

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

It’s definitely not the Warrior’s issue. This player dodges like a boss, and I am confident that an Elementalist, for example, could also solo this path given a talented enough player.

Reckless dodge OP! Nerf warriors.

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Previous

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

If you watch the gameplay closely, he’s swapping utilities and weapons frequently, and to serve different purposes. He has a knowledge of the bosses and event mechanics, and mitigates what risk he can through smart play and knowledge. His dodges and blocks are well timed, and rarely are they unnecessary when he uses them. He knows which attacks he can soak, and which attacks he needs to avoid.

ACP1 Full Solo

haviz.1340

If you watch the gameplay closely, he’s swapping utilities and weapons frequently, and to serve different purposes. He has a knowledge of the bosses and event mechanics, and mitigates what risk he can through smart play and knowledge. His dodges and blocks are well timed, and rarely are they unnecessary when he uses them. He knows which attacks he can soak, and which attacks he needs to avoid.

Robert, can I ask you if reckless dodge is supposed to allow to evade some attacks that are unavoidable on other proffesions? What I mean by that is that you can for instance dodge fear attack of champion giant in Arah path3 as a warrior but on other proffesion it’s impossible – you get feared during dodge animation and I thought dodge should grant you some window of invulnerability.

And now every warrior hates me for spoiling it ;<

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

Excellent knowledge of both your class and the dungeon mechanics. Well done!

Impressive…

Most Impressive.

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Yes warriors are OP in many aspects, but Wethospu.6437 is a good player anyway.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Impressive.
What is that music though? I like it, it sounds like something from a final fantasy game…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

That’s the thing. I think the community likes to see other classes being able to do the same. Solo lupicius and this, it’s been a warrior. Maybe we should just leave it us, “Other classes are simply not skilled enough to do something like this.”

Considering the OP has the necessary skills and knowledge to accomplish this as a warrior, I don’t see him not being able to do it with say ele, or ranger, or engineer. Just some time to learn the class mechanic on his part.

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

I want to see a necro do this! Lord imagine a necro on the burrows haha

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

ACP1 Full Solo

Wethospu.6437

Best music in a gameplay video ever.

That being said, good job again on another feat. I’d not thought it was possible to do the Hodgins library event solo, but good job in finding a way. Although to be honest, as the designer of that content, I did a facepalm when I saw your thread title.

Thanks (by the way I had to try 20+ times, too often because of constantly missing my attacks )

Why?

Excel at everything but defense. I mostly use only basic form of defense, dodge, which every class has access to. If you want know what seriously sucks with Warrior, that’s AoE projectile reflect/absorb, combo-fields and summons.
I admit damage is high, partly from class but also from being full-glass with best offensive stuff (or if someone has any better please let me know).

Also one thing to consider is that you don’t see me posting failed ideas/attempts or I need to use questionable tactics (like pulling Kholer). Try to think what your class is good at and play by its strengths.

Impressive.
What is that music though? I like it, it sounds like something from a final fantasy game…

It’s on video description.

That’s the thing. I think the community likes to see other classes being able to do the same. Solo lupicius and this, it’s been a warrior. Maybe we should just leave it us, “Other classes are simply not skilled enough to do something like this.”

Considering the OP has the necessary skills and knowledge to accomplish this as a warrior, I don’t see him not being able to do it with say ele, or ranger, or engineer. Just some time to learn the class mechanic on his part.

Actually only reason I can solo Lupicus is because Reckless Dodge allows me to dodge out of bubble. When that gets fixed… I really don’t know what to do.
+ I have seen quite promising Ele/Guard on Lupicus (go Haviz!)

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: Fury.6281

Fury.6281

It seems like a lot of people are taking credit away from weth and giving it to his class. Yes, the warrior is very versatile, but using it’s abilities takes more skill then most can comprehend.

Weth was nice enough to show me how to solo Lupicus, and I will be the first to say that it is way harder then he makes it look! Learning lupicus’s animations to know when to evade perfectly puts your mind to the test, as it is a fight that will last at the very least 8 minutes. Some of you may think it seems easy, but you try fighting something that can one shot you, yes even a warrior can be one shot, for 8-15 minutes without stopping or losing focus. It is not easy..

So stop taking credit away from the player and giving it to the profession. Weth has just managed to play his class on a higher level and do it well. My advice to everyone is to stop trying to drag warriors down with convincing Anet to nerf them, and start figuring out ways to play your own class better.

(edited by Fury.6281)

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

He’s an awesome player, but other classes can’t do this simply because of the vast damage potential differences. You gear a ranger or ele the same way and see if you can pull these numbers off and sustain such damage. You can’t.

Why? It’s not just 100b; warrior autoattacks dwarf the damage of other classes’ autoattacks. I WISH my mesmer or ele could consistently crit with autoattacks for the same number warriors do, but they don’t. And the fact is a higher hp pool and highest armor rating allows you to dish out defense for a longer time before needing to turn defensive.

Higher hp classes allow for berserker gearing while lower health classes take much more risk. In fractals above 20 ascalonian mages can easily 2 shot someone under 15k health, as can the ascalonian warrior autoattacks (not just the easily dodged charge).

There is a reason why you see water/arcana d/d bunker eles but now 30 trait point fire/air/earth in full berserker gear. And the reason is HP/armor levels.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

ACP1 Full Solo

haviz.1340

He’s an awesome players, but other classes can’t do this simply because of the vast damage potential differences. You gear a ranger or ele the same way and see if you can pull these numbers off and sustain such damage. You can’t.

Why? It’s not just 100b; warrior autoattacks dwarf the damage of other classes’ autoattacks. I WISH my mesmer or ele could consistently crit with autoattacks for the same number warriors do, but they don’t. And the fact is a higher hp pool and highest armor rating allows you to dish out defense for a longer time before needing to turn defensive.

Higher hp classes allow for berserker gearing while lower health classes take much more risk. In fractals above 20 ascalonian mages can easily 2 shot someone under 15k health, as can the ascalonian warrior autoattacks (not just the easily dodged charge).

If you’re using survival build, why would you expect to deal similiar damage with autoattacks as someone who uses full zerker exotic/ascended with ruby orbs and 20/30/0/0/20 traits? He got 0 defensive traits/items. My ele deals some decent damage, 2x(2-2.5k) with air autoattacks d/d with some stacks of might when they crit, and they crit pretty often.

ACP1 Full Solo

Zenith.7301

He’s an awesome players, but other classes can’t do this simply because of the vast damage potential differences. You gear a ranger or ele the same way and see if you can pull these numbers off and sustain such damage. You can’t.

If you’re using survival build, why would you expect to deal similiar damage with autoattacks as someone who uses full zerker exotic/ascended with ruby orbs and 20/30/0/0/20 traits? He got 0 defensive traits/items. My ele deals some decent damage, 2x(2-2.5k) with air autoattacks d/d with some stacks of might when they crit, and they crit pretty often.

I’m not going survival build on neither my mesmer or ele…. full berserker/ruby jewelry with ruby orbs and offensive traits.

You try playing a 13k hp ele with 916 toughness and come back and tell me you do the same numbers of this warrior sustained. You simply need to back out much quicker, and the fact that you need to back out/go defensive means your damage drops while the same warrior can stay in for longer maximizing his damage.

I’m waiting for the videos of full berserker rangers, eles, and mesmers pulling the same numbers this warrior does.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

ACP1 Full Solo

haviz.1340

I’m not going survival build on neither my mesmer or ele…. full berserker/ruby jewelry with ruby orbs and offensive traits.

You try playing a 13k hp ele with 916 toughness and come back and tell me you do the same numbers of this warrior sustained.

I am, but thanks for persuading me to try. If you would want to discuss that, pm me. That’s not a topic for it.

ACP1 Full Solo

Zenith.7301

You try playing a 13k hp ele with 916 toughness and come back and tell me you do the same numbers of this warrior sustained.

I am, but thanks for persuading me to try. If you would want to discuss that, pm me. That’s not a topic for it.

Nice, I await the video

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Watched the Vid, impressive nice work, no cheezing it here.

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: Booler.6598

Booler.6598

I think this guy should be the last boss in AC

Always in all ways

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: charr outcast.3476

charr outcast.3476

Dang! The only thing that could make this better…if he were a Norn. I kid! Masterful work and a hearty congrats to you sir! Though I knew you’d successfully solo’d this, I gasped and gave a little cheer when you popped up from being downed during the burrow part

ACP1 Full Solo

ArcTheFallen.7682

Just tried this myself on guard. Spider took a bit to getting used to but finally learned how to anticipate his fang strike. The gravelings…oh gosh, was awful, I couldn’t deal with the scavengers at first then I realized it was better to pull them in the open room and try to burst down the breeder while baiting the scavengers pounce attack.

Currently, I’m stuck on kohler. Still need to learn how to shuffle my dodges and block. Maybe I should tackle the holes first just to see if I can even complete that path haha. Good challenge though.

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Just did this on my Ele.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: MaRko.3165

MaRko.3165

Nicely done – bravo! Its amazing what a gifted and skilled player can do.

“I was playing Farmville and a kitten MMO GW2 broke out of it…”
I cut my gaming teeth on Adventure&ZorkI,II,III.
i7-2600K/8G/GTX570SLI/WIN7/Stereoscopic_3D

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: fony.5102

fony.5102

there should be some kind of bonus reward for doing something like this. imo, we need some kind of “full clear” bonus for killing everything in the dungeon with three tiers for time(and leaderboards). a combination of the mission/bonus/master and vanquishing systems from GW.

also a special achievement for solo clears.

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

And a net and others think d/d else are OP……

I know AC very well, tried soloing, died several times.

At least i know warriors are the future while other classes are nerfed………

Sorry for derailing the thread but this has been bugging me recently….you say he switches alot of stuff out etc. Look at ele we need to switch 4 attunements, have player skill, Dodge alot and have good timing yet a warrior can fly through this SOLO especially on p1….

Pass this onto class balancers please, i am tired of people saying we are OP (when it could.es down to player skill instead) which leads to overnerfing.

Sorry again, good video and would like to see more.

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: RMStrooper.7291

RMStrooper.7291

When i saw the title i knew it had to be a warrior.

RMS Trooper ~ The Phoenix Legend [TPL] ~ Gandaran commander

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: Waraxx.4286

Waraxx.4286

hm, i havent tried it yet, but a ele have the means to do it. maybe apart from the kholer, as he has way to much mobility / heavy auto attacks we cant take.

but after a few days of trail and error i might have been able to do it. ill probably give it a try in the future with my ele atm i dont have the computer power to record and playing at the same time. and just coming on the forum and saying i beat ACP1 my self as a ele doesn’t quite cut it. if u have a way i can prove it without recording it ill give it a shot tomorrow maybe i can have fraps take a frame every 30sec or so, would that be enough with proof? i would much rather do it in a nice video as OP, but i cant because of computer limitations.

and do u have to kill all the mobs in order to complete the dungeon? or is skipping aloud?

awsome video, and some beast skills u have there.

(edited by Waraxx.4286)

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: abelooi.9156

abelooi.9156

i’d really love to see people try this with necro. REALLY. Those who claimed skill of a player offset the class. Have fun burrowing. ^^

ACP1 Full Solo

Wethospu.6437

And a net and others think d/d else are OP……

I know AC very well, tried soloing, died several times.

At least i know warriors are the future while other classes are nerfed………

Sorry for derailing the thread but this has been bugging me recently….you say he switches alot of stuff out etc. Look at ele we need to switch 4 attunements, have player skill, Dodge alot and have good timing yet a warrior can fly through this SOLO especially on p1….

Pass this onto class balancers please, i am tired of people saying we are OP (when it could.es down to player skill instead) which leads to overnerfing.

Sorry again, good video and would like to see more.

This:

Just did this on my Ele.

ACP1 Full Solo

Zenith.7301

What are the times to clear/kill times compared to your warrior.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

The difficult part of the run is trying figure out how to down the burrows. I’ve been trying this on my thief and I have yet to find an optimal solution on my thief.

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: Argurio.6594

Argurio.6594

Well done man! Congratulations.

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

That staff ele is Puandro. He already posted the video on another thread.

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

stuff like this should be rewarded with a cosmetic set… not playing the trading post for weeks in order to buy a legendary (for example)

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: Nightmare.2815

Nightmare.2815

I didn’t see it in the video or in this thread but which traits did you take for your warrior?

Thanks

ACP1 Full Solo

ArcTheFallen.7682

I didn’t see it in the video or in this thread but which traits did you take for your warrior?

Thanks

He mentioned that it was in the youtube description.

ACP1 Full Solo

haviz.1340

Puandro was most likely faster considering that weth’s run is made of joint clips. Plus, ele has no issues whatsoever with burrows. Yes, he kills mobs slower but make up in other departments.

ACP1 Full Solo

Zenith.7301

Puandro was most likely faster considering that weth’s run is made of joint clips. Plus, ele has no issues whatsoever with burrows. Yes, he kills mobs slower but make up in other departments.

In AC, where burrows feature prominently the department may seem important. In dungeons where mobs feature prominently, not so much.

Puandro played flawlessly, but not as a d/d ele clear. He had to use staff most of the time because otherwise he’d be taking many dirtnaps.

ACP1 Full Solo

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

In AC, where burrows feature prominently the department may seem important. In dungeons where mobs feature prominently, not so much.

Puandro played flawlessly, but not as a d/d ele clear. He had to use staff most of the time because otherwise he’d be taking many dirtnaps.

You underestimate the power of Lava font on mobs, Lava Font + Fireball > DD in terms of DPS.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild