ACS Cave Troll Solo Man Mode, level 33 necro

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Copypaste from reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3h7n7z/acs_cave_troll_solo_man_mode_with_level_33/

Hello, I recently started playing a necromancer. At level 32 I went to do AC story and wanted to kill the Cave Troll. My party told me he is impossible to kill with a pug (pick-up group) and “just oneshots everyone”. I thought that sounded like a good challenge for a fresh necromancer.

To make things bit more interesting I decided to add two simple rules:

• no dodging
  • no damage taken

Here is the result.

If anyone wonders why I’m not using minions the reason is that he gets bugged. For some reason he doesn’t want to attack them and just stares at them adorably (ok, as much adorably as possible for an ugly troll).

Breakdown of the encounter

His base attack shoots a homing bouncing projectile which can’t be blocked. It also dazes and removes boons. Only way to deal with this is to evade or break line of sight. Since I’m not dodging I have to move around a corner, a lot. This may sound simple but if I move bit too early he will stop at the corner and then I have nowhere to hide. Similarly if I move too late his attack will just come through the corner. Additionally lots of my own attacks need a line of sight too. It’s really easy to get own attacks obstructed.

His the most dangerous attack is the leap. He jumps at someone and deals lots of area damage and launch. When he lands he shoots a projectile at each nearby targets which does also lots of damage and knocks down. Naturally, all unblockable. I could have simply broke line of sight so he would leap towards a wall but I wanted to handle this differently. I decided to immobilize him so he can’t jump to me. The shockwave he shoots can be easily jumped over.

Unfortunately necromancer doesn’t have that many immobilizes. If I get really lucky I can use the immobilize from Death Shroud but that’s not so cool. Instead I interrupt every other leap right before he hits so it goes on full cooldown. If I miss a single control skill I won’t have his defiance stripped on time.

His last move causes fear and weakness on nearby targets. This can’t be blocked or evaded. This is not very dangerous normally (except when he fears you down of a ledge). However the fear allows him to land one base attack so I need a way to deal with this. Luckily I have the whole Soul Reaping traitline unlocked so I can just make Death Shroud to give stability.

Any questions, feel free to ask!

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

You wrote the whole essay like a sensible person. You think everyone will read your wall of text?

/kappa

#MoreManmodePlease

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

IrisTheCasual.3742

Posted by: Kordash.2197

Kordash.2197

Thoses reddit comments… dunno if i cringed or laughed first.

EDIT: GJ Weth, was fun to watch :P

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Weth’s trolls are just too good for some to handle.

IrisTheCasual.3742

Weth’s trolls are just too good for some to handle.

Poor taste trolls always get downvoted nicely.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Making the rest of us look like filthy casuals since 2012.

GJ Weth.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Very nice

So is he always poppable in AC, just with a random location? Or is it RNG if he shows at all? Seems like I never get to see him anymore, but it might just be because I’m not walking down the right passages…

Posted by: Horus.9685

Horus.9685

You wrote the whole essay like a sensible person. You think everyone will read your wall of text?

/kappa

#MoreManmodePlease

I did ._. and i appreaciate the wall of text; its a nice addition to the vidio
@OP awsome play with interupts- tbh i didnt even know you could simply jump >.< i used to dodge twice ^^"
edit:
im sorry, i need to sleep i didnt get the /s

The meta is dead, long live the meta.

(edited by Horus.9685)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Very nice

So is he always poppable in AC, just with a random location? Or is it RNG if he shows at all? Seems like I never get to see him anymore, but it might just be because I’m not walking down the right passages…

I believe he is. There are at least 7 spots on story.

• “Spider Queen” room
  • Two spots after the corridor (left and right)
  • Room with Master Nente (behind stairs I think)
  • At bridge after “Kholer” when going to ACP2 spike traps event or ACP3 burrows
  • In the area before ACP3 burrows and ACP2 spike traps event
  • In the same area as above but opposite side (bonus burrow event on story)

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

More Necro manmodes please~

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

/kappa

#MoreManmodePlease

I did ._. and i appreaciate the wall of text; its a nice addition to the vidio
@OP awsome play with interupts- tbh i didnt even know you could simply jump >.< i used to dodge twice ^^"
edit:
im sorry, i need to sleep i didnt get the /s

Oh, I was teasing him because he usually just drops a one-liner troll here and there instead of carefully crafting a whole paragraph to explain the thought process of his solo.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

SlyDevil.3952

Oh, I was teasing him because he usually just drops a one-liner troll here and there instead of carefully crafting a whole paragraph to explain the thought process of his solo.

The trolling is reaching new levels, if the evolution progresses too far he’ll never be normal again!!!!

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

The trolling is reaching new levels, if the evolution progresses too far he’ll never be normal again!!!!

Gasp…

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Fancypants.9705

Fancypants.9705

If you guild says hes IMPOSSIBLE to kill with pugs, your guild sounds like they have no idea what they are talking about.

SlyDevil.3952

If you guild says hes IMPOSSIBLE to kill with pugs, your guild sounds like they have no idea what they are talking about.

Party, he said party.