ANet made dungeon team already? SE broken

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Alchymista.8192

Alchymista.8192

Hello guys
i wasnt in game for some longer time, but i see anet got already the team to work on dungeons.. why i think it?

in middle of the fight in SE dung P1 final boss with 6% just unagro and goes back… everytime, soemtimes even on 99%
no matter of position, or his HP.. he just unagro cuz he doesnt like it and goes back, we dont pull far, we are sometimes very close to stairs, but he just goes back, no bugging, he can hit us, we are also hitting him…

gg
can i get my money back? game totaly broken

//edit, i played dungs a lot, got dungeoneer title, but this never happened to me, i know how to pull the boss, its not about pulling the boss, boss is already pulled and fighting with us

Seafarer Never Rest

(edited by Alchymista.8192)

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

So you experienced this obviously infrequent bug in a long career doing dungeons, you think this makes the game totally broken … and you want your money back? Is this real?

Alchymista.8192

So you experienced one bug, you think the game is totally broken … and you want your money back? Is this real?

maybe you should learn to read between lines, that one is crying
and i dont know what kind of game are you playing if you think no bugs here, this is basicly unplayable content

Seafarer Never Rest

Obtena.7952

So let’s start … I didn’t say their wasn’t bugs, so don’t start making up things I ’m thinking to try to make your point.

The content isn’t unplayable if you only encountered this issue ONCE in your whole time doing dungeons. That’s a ridiculous claim. If it happened all the time, you might have a point and even then, you aren’t getting your money back … but Anet would appreciate if you make a proper bug report so they can fix it if it’s so ‘unplayable’.

So … you did that much at least? You certainly took the time to complain about this one time you encountered it.

I really don’t get your thread .. you want Anet to form a whole dungeon team just to wipe out rarely encountered bugs in legacy content … I don’t think that’s a realistic suggestion.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

If the boss resets then that’s awesome news, it sounds like a fix to the P1 boss not a bug to be honest. Fight the boss in the room you are supposed to and don’t pull the boss outside so you don’t have to deal with the adds.

Props to the Anet dev who fixed this long standing exploit that has been plaguing the game since release, if of course what you are saying is true and it happens all the time and wasn’t some weird random issue.

Alchymista.8192

but Anet would appreciate if you make a proper bug report so they can fix it if it’s so ‘unplayable’.

pfff ahahahahaha
this made my day, i am not even kittened of anymore, i dont care

thanks, you can lock this thread

conclusion:
se p1 boss broken, removed from dung list

Seafarer Never Rest

maddoctor.2738

se p1 boss broken, removed from dung list

You are trying to fight the boss away of her adds and failing, then call that “broken”. What’s broken with the SE P1 Boss is allowing players to pull her away of her room and away of her adds. You should look up what broken means for a game, not able to exploit something doesn’t make it broken, it makes it fixed. Don’t mix up your definitions.

Alchymista.8192

are you anet payed forum trolls?
there are 2 bosses,
first does not need to be killed, you cant pull him
second one needs to be killed, you can pull him

do you see the mechanic? its ok and it works even now,
point is boss restart, and RESTART even when you DONT PULL

dont mix what i wrote

Seafarer Never Rest

maddoctor.2738

point is boss restart, and RESTART even when you DONT PULL

I don’t mix what you are writing.

When you fight the boss inside her own room with her lovely adds and not pull her outside does she reset or not? If she resets while fighting her inside her own room then it’s a bug. If she resets because you pulled her away of her room then it’s a feature, and a very good feature.

In your OP you said she will run “back” which led me to believe that you are exploiting the fight by pulling her away of her room to ignore her adds. So where is this “back” you are talking about?

do you see the mechanic?

That’s not a mechanic. It’s an exploit.

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

Are you seriously complaining about the fact that you cannot glitch that fight consistently instead of doing it the intended way?
If you pull that boss (or any mob in gw2 really) too far away from it’s spawn spot, the aggro will obviously break and it will return. No news here.
Try to be a man and fight it where it spawns, along with the champion. You even get a rare chance to get a pretty profitable recipe.

It is indeed true that dungeons are broken and they would deserve a lot of dev attention. Although this particular mechanic you’re describing is working perfectly fine, as intended. Stop this QQ and instead learn to do dungs properly.

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

So boss cant be dragged from her room anymore? Does it also drop loot now?

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Don’t think they changed anything here. This behaviour has happened since aeons depending on the positions of the players.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

There’s not enough popcorn for the gems being wasted in this thread.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

people still pull the boss outside nowadays in the age of HoT ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

people still pull the boss outside nowadays in the age of HoT ?

In the time it takes to pull the boss outside any normal group coulda killed her these days.

Posted by: Mr Greggles.5908

Mr Greggles.5908

Alchymista is right on this one guys. I’ve experienced the same bug when trying to solo the last boss of P1, and it happened a couple more times when I invited a few more people in after getting sick of the resetting. Even when pulled correctly, she seems to de-agro for no reason at any stage of the fight. It isn’t rare, it happens randomly during a prolonged fight with her.

I wouldn’t say it’s anything to be concerned about, since a full group shouldn’t run into this problem very often, but when you’re doing it with less people, the bug is quite apparent.

Try soloing it yourself, if you don’t believe me.

House of Horrors [HoH] – Dragonbrand Server

(edited by Mr Greggles.5908)

maddoctor.2738

Even when pulled correctly, she seems to de-agro for no reason at any stage of the fight.

And here is the problem with your argument: “pulled correctly” means fighting her inside her room. Any other way used to pull her away of her friends is not a legit method of killing her, therefore any issues that appear from that method is not a bug, it’s a feature.

Posted by: Mr Greggles.5908

Mr Greggles.5908

No, since she has never exhibited this type of behaviour in the past as far as I can recall. I used to run dungeons frequently, and pulling her out of the room was (and still is) a widely accepted strategy, but if done incorrectly, she could lose line-of-sight and de-agro before she came down the stairs to fight in the open area. This either means Anet has changed the behaviour of the AI to now de-agro if away from her buddy for some amount of time (the randomness of the de-agro does not support this hypothesis), or it’s a bug which has come into existence relatively recently.

Again, nothing to get your panties twisted about, but a bug is a bug, nothing wrong with pointing one out.

House of Horrors [HoH] – Dragonbrand Server

(edited by Mr Greggles.5908)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Again, nothing to get your panties twisted about, but a bug is a bug, nothing wrong with pointing one out.

And no reason to get your necktie caught in a meat grinder because not everyone agrees that you’ve identified a bug.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Obtena.7952

No, since she has never exhibited this type of behaviour in the past as far as I can recall.

Hold on …. if people pulled the boss out of it’s home position to make it easier to kill and now they can’t, it sounds to me like Anet simply fixed an unintended way to complete content. That’s not a bug, that’s an exploit fix.

So basically, OP wants to exploit dungeon runs and is angry he can’t do it here anymore? GG

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

@OP

its perfectly normal that Tazza resets her hp when you pull her out. You’re supposed to fight her in her boss room with the rest of her assistants instead of pulling her away like a chicken.

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

I’m sorry, but you need to type coherently if you’re going to want people to be sympathetic.

You encountering a single bug does not render the entire game unplayable. The fact that you perceive that as enough to get a refund is laughable.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

Posted by: Sorin Noroku.5342

Sorin Noroku.5342

Could just fight her in her room, and when she does the sword attack aoe, just have a Mesmer distort the team… gg, all done, no worries. I mean one FAstaff tempest can easily hit the entire room.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Okay I’ll explain what’s going on:

In this game, every creature has a “leash” which is the maximum distance it will chase you before it loses interest in you, goes invulnerable and regenerates to full. This is intended behavior. Imagine a circle centered around where you aggro’ed the creature; these are the boundaries.

However, if a creature teleports, this will change the boundary of the leash. The center is moved to the new teleport spot. This makes it so that creatures with teleport skills like that boss can be moved further once they use their teleport.

The reason people can separate Tazza from her Champion is that she can teleport but her Champion does not. If you want to pull her out of the room, drag her to the top of the stairs and then wait for her to teleport. Once she’s teleported, you can fight her beyond the top of the stairs.

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Okay I’ll explain what’s going on:

In this game, every creature has a “leash” which is the maximum distance it will chase you before it loses interest in you, goes invulnerable and regenerates to full. This is intended behavior. Imagine a circle centered around where you aggro’ed the creature; these are the boundaries.

However, if a creature teleports, this will change the boundary of the leash. The center is moved to the new teleport spot. This makes it so that creatures with teleport skills like that boss can be moved further once they use their teleport.

The reason people can separate Tazza from her Champion is that she can teleport but her Champion does not. If you want to pull her out of the room, drag her to the top of the stairs and then wait for her to teleport. Once she’s teleported, you can fight her beyond the top of the stairs.

OK, that actually makes an enormous amount of sense in answering a question that I never actually thought too much about. I wonder what other bosses have similarly coded movement skills with exploitable possibilities.

Alchymista.8192

Alchymista is right on this one guys. I’ve experienced the same bug when trying to solo the last boss of P1, and it happened a couple more times when I invited a few more people in after getting sick of the resetting. Even when pulled correctly, she seems to de-agro for no reason at any stage of the fight. It isn’t rare, it happens randomly during a prolonged fight with her.

I wouldn’t say it’s anything to be concerned about, since a full group shouldn’t run into this problem very often, but when you’re doing it with less people, the bug is quite apparent.

FINALLY SOMEONE
Thank you.

Seafarer Never Rest

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Lol, no. You lure her away from the intended combat area, be ready to have her reset on you. If you don’t want to face it, fight like every valued player inside her room. You exploiting her like that and coming on forums to whine about failing to do so is quite pathetic in my eyes.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

FINALLY SOMEONE
Thank you.

You haven’t even bothered to read Nokaru’s explanation, did you?
It’s not a bug. It’s you misunderstanding how leash mechanics work.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

Someones a special snowflake. Finds one bug complains the game is unplayable. Thinking maybe you opened your mouth and inserted your foot and it is stuck in there now! Yo realize what your saying has no validity to it? You want Anet to create a dungeon team to meet your needs? Sounds like you need a participation trophy and safe space to cry in.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Even when pulled correctly, she seems to de-agro for no reason at any stage of the fight. It isn’t rare, it happens randomly during a prolonged fight with her.

It is not random. If she hasn’t used her teleport, she will leash if you pull her too far outside of her room.

FINALLY SOMEONE
Thank you.

What you encountered was not a bug. It was players poorly executing a “trick” to avoid Tazza’s leashing mechanic. If you care about the details, I wrote it somewhere in this thread.

(edited by Nokaru.7831)