AR dungeon my opinion

AR dungeon my opinion

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Talmaru.7865

Talmaru.7865

I’ve beaten it and it’s crap
All the fights are gimmicky

3 grenadiers on an itty bitty platform surrounded by bridges spammed by lightning.
Their AOE circle literally covers the platform they are standing on

Invulnerable people manning the cannons when you breach the gate. < yes of course I’m gonna shoot the dude manning the cannon first oh wait he is a god never mind>

AB strikers who can channel lightning spells that are not dodge-able or affected by anti-projectile shields.

Golems who pull you into instagib laser walls and if the wall doesn’t kill you the stacks of confusion make sure to finish you off.

Crates that you can jump on to avoid the laser walls but not hide behind.

A boss who has 100% damage resistance until her own team mate shoots her?

A boss who can shadow step every 5 seconds or so and then deliver at least 10k burst dmg

Enough AOE at the last boss fight?

^ These things are where you failed in my opinion Mr./Mrs. developers

AR dungeon my opinion

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

First of all it didn’t failed?Not at all!
Almost 99% of the trash is one big aoe fest if you know how to stack it so the group can dps it fully.

Lasers are not hard if your group is running together,watching and actually using their brain when to use stability,when to jump on crates or to dodge.It’s sooo ’’hard’’ to mark someone and just to follow him.

Bosses that have to be kited???Ohh nooo someone to forbid that fast!People will have actually to think here how to not dps like mindless chickens,but to focus on something different like not dying or mhm to put the boss at a best position?

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

(edited by moiraine.2753)

AR dungeon my opinion

Posted by: Celly.5912

Celly.5912

Basically what you (OP) described is that you don’t like the fact that there are some actual mechanics? Please continue to enjoy farming CoF P1 while the rest of us play the fun part of the game.

[PunK]
Far Shiverpeaks
twitch.tv/awsmcelly

AR dungeon my opinion

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

It sounds like you had a bad time with this dungeon. While I can sympathize with that, I think that they’re showing improvement on their dungeon design and AR is a step in the right direction. Fight mechanics that tweak the normal rules of battle keep things intriguing.

If you didn’t enjoy these mechanics, what kind of mechanics do you like?

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

AR dungeon my opinion

Talmaru.7865

Invulnerable mobs firing at you with cannons is not a “mechanic”

I’m all good with kiting a boss but nope don’t pass that invisible line or she will 1 shot you with a teleportation attack great “mechanic”

Magic lasers that phase through solid objects not a “mechanic”

The boss that can jump 50 foot tall walls to avoid her own cannon barrage not a “mechanic”

All in all this dungeon is nothing more then a cheep trick at best.

AR dungeon my opinion

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

I’m all good with kiting a boss but nope don’t pass that invisible line or she will 1 shot you with a teleportation attack great “mechanic”

The boss that can jump 50 foot tall walls to avoid her own cannon barrage not a “mechanic”

Your definition of “mechanic” is flawed:

Dodging the AoE’s of invulnerable mobs in a time based trial = mechanic

Staying within a certain range, using block skills and condition removers = mechanic

Lasers that require you to continuously rotate, constantly jumping to higher ground, and pay attention to the surrounding golems to utilize stability, aegis, and dodges = mechanic

You’re right the ability of the boss to jump to a platform isn’t a mechanic, however, this 5 second action is followed by an AoE phase which, as mentioned before involves dodging AoEs (which is a mechanic).

Is the dungeon perfect? Definitely not. Does it have mechanics involved? Definitely. Is it a step in the right direction? In my opinion, yes.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

AR dungeon my opinion

Posted by: Mathog.3157

Mathog.3157

Suggest something better.
I guess you won’t.
Continue crying then.

AR dungeon my opinion

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I didn’t like AR too, but not because it was too hard…

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

AR dungeon my opinion

Talmaru.7865

me·chan·ic [muh-kan-ik]
3. Slang. a person skilled in the dishonest handling of cards, dice, or other objects used in games of chance.

No I think I got it just right. If you have to blatantly cheat to make the game hard your doing it wrong.

It is not my job to tell them how to do it right.
I am not on their payroll
It is my job to provide my honest opinion of their content so that they can take it into consideration.

Is it your job to randomly bash people on the internet because they do not share your opinion?
Do you get paid to do it or just take solstice in the thought that you insulted some random faceless person for expressing themselves <slow clap>
/close thread

AR dungeon my opinion

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

I like it, BUT… If Anets idea of a new cool and exciting boss fight is “Lets just put AOE all over the floor” then they have done something wrong… They should learn from the legend of zelda, seriously.

The bosses takes like all from 3-8 hits or something (Non of this HotW way to much hp kitten) and the bosses are FUN to fight

AR dungeon my opinion

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I’ve did it with a guild team of 1 mesmer 4 guardians (so probably the easiest set up possible for this dungeon).

I didn’t even pay attention to the bit with “3 grenadiers on an itty bitty platform”.

The cannon part is…well they put a huge blind spot there. If they wanted us to fight in the “real” conditions, why do such a thing ?

Hiding behind the crates will simply make the fight way too easy. Why move around if you can just stay behind ? And you have blocks/stun breakers/stability and maybe teleport skills (didn’t try) to survive the golems.

As for the last fights, it can be annoying to get him to hit her. But she generally only shadowsteps when she is too far from players. So try to get a little bit closer to her.

And during the AoE part, if you don’t freak out and if you don’t stay close to each other, you shouldn’t have too much difficulty surviving that.

AR dungeon my opinion

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

A boss who can shadow step every 5 seconds or so and then deliver at least 10k burst dmg

This is the only problem with this dungeon, and dont forget you cant dodge it

AR dungeon my opinion

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Meh, I thought the whole dungeon was a crapfest. They need to put the team that made Arah, Fractals, and Molten Facility back on dungeon design. This living story team is just awful at them. That team should stick to what they’re good at: making bashable dragon pinatas.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

AR dungeon my opinion

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Hu? You can dodge it, you can block it, and she can miss (blindness).

AR dungeon my opinion

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

me·chan·ic [muh-kan-ik]
3. Slang. a person skilled in the dishonest handling of cards, dice, or other objects used in games of chance.

No I think I got it just right. If you have to blatantly cheat to make the game hard your doing it wrong.

It is not my job to tell them how to do it right.
I am not on their payroll
It is my job to provide my honest opinion of their content so that they can take it into consideration.

Is it your job to randomly bash people on the internet because they do not share your opinion?
Do you get paid to do it or just take solstice in the thought that you insulted some random faceless person for expressing themselves <slow clap>
/close thread

Not sure how AR cheats in order to make the game hard. Like many MMO’s out there they added a construct of rules intended to produce gameplay (real definition of game mechanics) and if you follow these rules you should win.

I’m not sure if you’re referring to me or Mathog when you say someone is bashing you, however, I never said anything to attack you (and the worst Mathog said was stop crying). If you misinterpreted what I said as an attack I’m sorry, but similarly I am also trying to express my opinion, and I think this dungeon is very well designed compared to other GW2 dungeons (though some parts of the Mai fight need to change to make it less long-winded and repetitive).

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

AR dungeon my opinion

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Not sure if it’s been said above, but I figured out the part where the aoe rains down on you between trin’s phases can be easily avoided if your team bunches together tightly and runs around the edge in a circular motion. Maintain swiftness as you go and keep together as tightly as you can, use leap skills if you fall behind. I like to go clockwise, but it doesn’t really matter. This is because all of the projectiles from those invincible cannons are target based and not shot at random. This probably would work for other parts with those cannons also, if you don’t like blind spots/stacking.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

AR dungeon my opinion

Chopps.5047

You can swiftpaw. Another method is everyone taking a corner and 1 in middle, standing still until red circles appear, then sidestep (dodge if you have to). Running around is probably the best but only works with a tightly coordinated team.

AR dungeon my opinion

Dub.1273

Probably i just suck but i didn’t realize any animation that indicates her teleport-shot.

Dub | [rT]

AR dungeon my opinion

Posted by: Anubarak.3012

Anubarak.3012

Probably i just suck but i didn’t realize any animation that indicates her teleport-shot.

She aims with her pistol on you
Edit: while she lowers her dagger.. But it’s nearly impossible to dodge, cause it hits even when you evade xD

[rT]

(edited by Anubarak.3012)

AR dungeon my opinion

Dub.1273

Hmm, then i suck, even though i only did this once.

Dub | [rT]

AR dungeon my opinion

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

The animation is quite obvious and lasts like 2s. Only problem is that (to my knowledge) you can’t dodge it unless you play mesmer with deceptive evasion. Projectiles reflection will teleport you to her while projectile absorption and blocks work normally.

AR dungeon my opinion

Chopps.5047

Ranger sword evades work on the teleport…assuming you’re taking a ranger for fun.

AR dungeon my opinion

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

Not sure if it’s been said above, but I figured out the part where the aoe rains down on you between trin’s phases can be easily avoided if your team bunches together tightly and runs around the edge in a circular motion. Maintain swiftness as you go and keep together as tightly as you can, use leap skills if you fall behind. I like to go clockwise, but it doesn’t really matter. This is because all of the projectiles from those invincible cannons are target based and not shot at random. This probably would work for other parts with those cannons also, if you don’t like blind spots/stacking.

Actually, (this is for the boss fight phase) spreading out and hugging a part of the room is generally easier to do. Save your dodges, and go on the safe spots. If you’re not targeted, don’t move once you’ve spread. Maintaining balanced distance to one another is very nice, and dodging only when you can’t move to a close spot is better.

On the smaller room, you can go do the same tactic, but it’s pretty much harder – what you’ve said works better, IMO.

AR dungeon my opinion

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

She aims with her pistol on you
Edit: while she lowers her dagger.. But it’s nearly impossible to dodge, cause it hits even when you evade xD

The shot is an AOE shot, so evades generally still get hit. Blocks (both regular and from aegis) stops the shadowsteps flat, and she won’t SS towards you.

AR dungeon my opinion

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

way too easy and unrewarding. Lasers were annoying as kitten and why the hell the cannon guy spams his cannon for half a year THREE times without changing anything? lazy dungeon is what i call this. AR is another poor dungeon who’ve joined all other timed dungeons that were crap and unfun

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

AR dungeon my opinion

Posted by: Vikenx.2147

Vikenx.2147

To be honest, problem I have is that if you don’t have the right profession sufficiently leveled (though I’ve been playing since the BWEs and launch, my main is an Elementalist and I’ve been enjoying it so much I haven’t given much time to my other characters). So I don’t have things like Aegis. I feel like I’m being punished for liking my Elementalist.

AR dungeon my opinion

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

I have to agree, this dungeon seemed to me like the same old content we have come to expect. Boss has a MASSIVE health pool, path was yet again just “follow this npc and kill what spawns”. The laser field room was semi inventive but the golem pull just seemed like a lazy way to try and present challenging content when really none of it was that hard. And do I even have to mention how garbage the reward is for the amount of time spent? Just bring back the mad king jumping puzzle or SAB, those were at least creative.

[DnT]