Ability to Trait Reset in Dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Talon.5462

Talon.5462

Hi. Wanted to get an idea of everyone’s perspective on this.

Given dungeons are not the same as regular PvE areas, I keep hoping to see a trait reset for the dungeon so I can change my traits in preparation for the roads ahead.

I realise I could talk to the profession trainer prior to dungeoneering (or possibly even leave the dungeon and then return) but then everyone has to wait for me to travel there and back on top of allocating the trait points.

There’s also cost involved and, while it is generally small, I’ve run a few dungeons recently and a couple had some bugs in them that prevented us from completing them. From what I’ve seen it may have been a one-off as I can’t see any reference to our bug on the web (dredge constantly respawning in Sorrow’s Embrace Story Mode prior to the golem summoning asura boss) so a few have had high repair bills and no reward to make up for it so the least expense, the better.

I’m not sure how viable this is that your traits would return as they were prior to entering once you leave the dungeon (so as not to become a free trait reset source for regular PvE).

Posted by: Xfraze.1704

Xfraze.1704

You can buy the cheapest trait book and use it in a dungeon (5s I think). It will reset your traits.

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

When adding such a DPS focused boss as Simin, retraiting in dungeons is totally justified.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

Agreed. Kinda found it odd they didn’t put someone there that sells them.

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

It would be a nice ability to have.

Changing your weapons and skill are one thing, but if you don’t have the traits to back up your choices there’s no reason to change is there? Can’t do one effectively without the other.

There’s plenty of NPCs in dungeons. Just make one of em a master trainer or something.

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

You can buy the cheapest trait book and use it in a dungeon (5s I think). It will reset your traits.

Correct. An other simple solution would be just go from the dungeon directly to the myst. Talk with an npc for reset traits, leave the myst, returning at the door of the dungeon.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Posted by: Disconnected.9253

Disconnected.9253

agree 100%.
/15

Posted by: Sarelm.8317

Sarelm.8317

Most of the time I actually do re-trait in dungeons. Since the major traits are all changable but… I’m not sure if it’d be necessary to totally reset points. I mean, is it all /that/ necessary to go full dps or whatever you’re doing in the rest of the PvE content rather than spec how you would in dungeons?

You laugh because you think I’m joking. I laugh because I’m not.

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

I actually did not know you could use those books for that purpose. Come to think of it, I wonder if the use of the trait books in dungeons intended? The downside really is that these books do not stack, which leads me to believe that these weren’t meant to be stockpiled for the purpose of resetting trait lines while in a dungeon … but then again, who knows!

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

considering it’s a needed thing to change strategies every now and then, it would be a nice commodity to have a respec dude or object (maybe a bookshelf or something) near the anvil, saving players the hassle of heading to the nearest city to rebuild their character.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell