About the Fractal Transit dialogue box.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Upon finishing a Fractal this huge box pops up right in the middle of our screens and is really annoying. I know it can be moved but really, isn’t there a better way? Make it smaller or keep it locked in place wherever we initially move it?

It’s a small thing, I know, just a thought.

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

This would be nice but on top of that it would be nice if the escape key affected the fractal selection screen.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

I mean honestly the entire thing and the way it’s designed serves only as a break in immersion to me. It’s like putting ur foot down hard and strong-arming a brake at the last possible moment, it’s jarring and stultifying in equal measure. Imo it incentivizes ppl to prioritize their own needs over grp more then normal, they have a comparatively greater proclivity wherein to opt to disembark from the collective bandwagon and thereby go their separate ways at an inopportune moment, thus serving only to drive another inadvertent nail in the coffin that incentives the rest of the grp to disband.

So what option to not ‘break immersion’ as it been said before? Honestly it’s been remarked before maybe by me that yes it’s served in a very piecemeal fashion. The very word ‘fractal’ alludes to this stilted manner where u study it’s etymology and realize that it’s originally meant ‘broken or uneven’, thus staggered and jagged. But wherefore does it still have to retain that selfsame meaning? I mean I get that the theme matches the name but it doesn’t have to in all aspects. But so perhaps, imagine a transition between two separate and unrelated fractals that would not return everyone to square one in all case. You can interleaven the continuum that connects them like links in a chain by adding adding maybe a limbo-esque dimension, a middle ground that serves as a transitionary space. Like say being thrown into a vortex-like tunnel, where they have to navigate platforms amidst swirling chaos to get to the other side and reach the continuum. Basically an ‘out of the frying pan, into the fire’ sort of scenario. It could be a mini jumping puzzle as was alluded to, or something else entirely. Not more of the same, and that’s the point. So dunno but I personally have long-standing gripes about the transit system as already in place.

Arun Kar

Posted by: hornswroggle.8023

hornswroggle.8023

Why not implement the ready check like in PvP? Nice and subtle on the side of the screen?

Anyone?
No?
ok