About the Zhaitan Fight [end game spoiler]

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: almostdaft.4319

almostdaft.4319

So, that Zhaitan fight. Easiest fight in the game hands-down, right? I’ve heard a lot of players are disappointed in the fight alone—expecting some glorious mountain fight with the dragon causing chaos everywhere, fighting for the last thread of your life.

However, doesn’t the fight make sense? You spent so much time weakening him, crippling his resources that made him in his prime. We (player + friendly NPCs) WANTED Zhaitan like this when we faced him: we wanted no resistance at all.

What do you think?

Posted by: Maniac.5907

Maniac.5907

That shooting cannonballs for almost 5 mins till he’s dead was the lamest ending of all times.
But the rest of the intance is just so epic that it compensates for such lame ending.

After a thousand years of oppression let the berserks rise again,
Let the world hear these words once more
“Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen”

Posted by: Nuke Bomb.6908

Nuke Bomb.6908

Yes I agree. It was so anti climatic after all that preparation and work. :[

Posted by: Mexay.4521

Mexay.4521

I don’t understand what people expected?

How else do we fight him? He’s massive.

GW2 is supposed to make sense, unlike say… WoW or hell, even GW1

Mexay Lathyre – Level 80 Warrior Greatsword/Longbow

Still waiting on Customer Support. #121025-001252

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

I seriously believe that the fight is bugged. Zaitan even animates attacks but does nothing. Surely the Elder Dragon, with control over an army of undead and 100s of dragons, would throw something at you when he is at the risk of dying. I don’t buy it being easy for lore reasons.

Posted by: Maniac.5907

Maniac.5907

Dude, Shatterer, Tequatl, and Claw of Jormag have almost the same size of zhaitan and we down them hacking, slashing, throwing arrows, cannonballs, lazers, and lots of stuff…
Zhaitan is not that big, and he just stands there grabing the giant stone pillar while the ship stays floating at his side and from time to time he spits some brown thing that it doesnt event hit us.
So yeah, the ending is lackluster, it would been awesome if part of zhaitan landed on the ship, we had to deal with adds and weakening him, then we have to down him using the cannons and he crash landed into the ground floor, and finish him as the other dragons but with constant minions spawning from both sides, risen and pact’s soldiers. All that while playing the epic music that sounds in the background when killing the dragons / adds that spawn on the ship just before facing Zhaitan.

After a thousand years of oppression let the berserks rise again,
Let the world hear these words once more
“Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen”

Posted by: PVStar.3658

PVStar.3658

ANet built up to a huge climax that was insanely anti-climatic. You don’t even get to fight Zhaitan, it’s not interactive at all, and the fact that you have to spend 3-5 minutes spamming your 2 key to kill him while he does nothing is just utterly boring. It’s quite possibly the worst final boss in any game I’ve played.

Posted by: Bolt.1736

Bolt.1736

so very true..
right now tbh i just want more end game pve content thou

Posted by: Moophious.1735

Moophious.1735

I honestly love GW2 but that ending is pathetic. The lead up was pretty darn good but it feels like they ran out of time. I hope they fix it before more get there.

Posted by: Vrumpt.1072

Vrumpt.1072

I seriously believe that the fight is bugged. Zaitan even animates attacks but does nothing. Surely the Elder Dragon, with control over an army of undead and 100s of dragons, would throw something at you when he is at the risk of dying. I don’t buy it being easy for lore reasons.

I’m of the same belief. There were even globs of something falling on the bridge behind us, not to mention the seemingly useless 1 and 3 abilities on the cannons. Not only that, the final bosses for Sorrow’s Embrace and Citidal of Flame were mechanically much more interesting and enjoyable than the Zhaitan “fight” was, so we know those interesting fights exist. I truly hope the fight is bugged in some way, because mashing 2 for a couple minutes to kill one of the most powerful beings in Tyria is just disappointing.

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

For one, he’s supposed to be at least 100 times bigger than he was here. For two, they should go for the Shadow of the Colossus route and have us climb up on top of him to attack his weak point for massive damage.

Posted by: JayDoG.6149

JayDoG.6149

AMA Request: The team who did this dungeon… Really? U kill the big Elder Dragon with cannons and just press 2? It’s like a very very very bad end… The feel of glory wasn’t there, just the dissapointment of this terrible end part of the dungeon…

Posted by: DKP.4196

DKP.4196

It was rather easy. Quite amusing to glitter down Zhaitan though:)

MOA GLITTER!! MOAAA!!!!

But yes, a better fight may need to be considered. The movies that appear before the fight show how strong Zhaitan may be, but the actual fight failed to show that.

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

Posted by: dakkafex.3204

dakkafex.3204

Hey guys lets kill the main antagonist of the game!

hooold……spam your 2 button for 3 minutes while he just hangs on that tower! and we get a kitteny helmet.

im gona be the sore thumb here, but do something like the deathwing fight in WoW, like getting on his back or something, or even inside of him by being eaten for all i care and just destroy him from the inside.

i had more fun killing hordes of centaurs then this fight
great game but the encounter of encounters, i have no other words for it other then utterly pathetic

(edited by dakkafex.3204)

Posted by: Ennarian.4620

Ennarian.4620

Dude, Shatterer, Tequatl, and Claw of Jormag have almost the same size of zhaitan and we down them hacking, slashing, throwing arrows, cannonballs, lazers, and lots of stuff…
Zhaitan is not that big, and he just stands there grabing the giant stone pillar while the ship stays floating at his side and from time to time he spits some brown thing that it doesnt event hit us.
So yeah, the ending is lackluster, it would been awesome if part of zhaitan landed on the ship, we had to deal with adds and weakening him, then we have to down him using the cannons and he crash landed into the ground floor, and finish him as the other dragons but with constant minions spawning from both sides, risen and pact’s soldiers. All that while playing the epic music that sounds in the background when killing the dragons / adds that spawn on the ship just before facing Zhaitan.

Zhaitan is much, much larger than any of these. You don’t really get to see how massive he is because we don’t get to face him head on.

I agree on the fight needing more. I was expecting to drop him to the ground and then finish him off down there, maybe even going inside him or climbing on him to tear him apart. Maybe it is bugged and he’s supposed to fight back, but it was anti-climactic and the music didn’t queue for me… so it was rather boring. I know we weakened him a lot, but we didn’t weaken him that much. I could have gone with a gauntlet style of weak minions (not the silver or veterans) with us and Destiny’s Edge pushing through with those Golem battlesuits behind, blasting everything in our path. Basically, Zhaitan throws everything he’s got at us because he knows that if we get to him, it’s over.

The Dead Collector: “Bring out your dead!”
Zhaitan: “Challenge accepted.”

Posted by: almostdaft.4319

almostdaft.4319

Did you guys not pay attention to the story?!

You WEAKEN Zhaitan. The whole purpose was to cripple him, make him defenseless, and add insult to injury. If you were to cut off a food supply and knowledge of your greatest enemy, and when you finally encounter him he’s in his prime and ready to kill you—I would imagine you would be a little disappointed.

I was a little…upset with the final fight too. I was expecting, like you, something off-the-scale and packed with action (and the whole dungeon is! Especially Logan coming back.) but it all made sense why Zhaitan wasn’t much of a challenge in the end.

You were fighting him the whole time. The Risen was apart of him. You slowly chopped him down.

only to shoot him off a building.

Posted by: Ekriel.9601

Ekriel.9601

I’m 90% certain the fight is bugged, as he did have attack animations and spawned adds but they didn’t actually do any damage or have any effect.

Assuming it isn’t though, and that the fight is working as intended, I’m appalled. I know we’ve been weakening him and he’s not at his full strength, but seriously? Pressing 2 for 15 minutes is the final encounter of the story? On the note of Arah’s design, the first airship sequence needs work. It should not take as long as it did, its just such a long, boring gauntlet. Spent more time there than we did on the first few bosses combined, and there are so many adds and the bosses spam knockdowns (which apparently the shields on the guns don’t stop? Another bug?) that its almost literally impossible without waypoint zerging.

Posted by: Dagoh.3482

Dagoh.3482

I found it strange that after the big cannon was shot at Zhaitan and destroyed by him in the cutscene, there followed another cutscene where he was grabbed at the side of the airship and driven to the tower with only the 3 eyes left. My feeling was that there was something missing in this part, what were these cannons? Didn’t we need to charge those? Was this bugged? It brings up alot of questions. And then in the end while he’s at his tower he’s casting his spells etc. which all are targeted in an area, far away from your cannons, here I had also the idea that I missed the backstab spawns for a more dynamic fight. All by all, I (and the others I did the dungeon with) had all the idea that there was a bug in the end fight, since the easiest part of the dungeon is Zhaitan.

Admin of GW2NL, the biggest Dutch-Belgian Community – http://www.gw2nl.nl

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

I actually felt sorry for Zhaitan…. While he was clinging onto the cliff desperately my team just kept beating on him. I felt bad.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

No, he is to scale, he’s freaking huge. He’s about as big as the airship you’re on, which is gigantic. Tequatl is about half the size of the airship you start on, which is dwarfed by the final airship. He might only feel the same size as Tequatl and the Shatterer becuase both of those dragons you get to see very close up and compare very directly to the size of your character; Zaitan keep’s his distance.

You know what I think? I think an entire phase is skipped, and the final phase where he holds onto the broken tower is completely broken. It’s very bizarre that he animates attacks and things land on the ship, yet they do nothing, and I started thinking about the cutscenes of the mega-laser and the cannons damaging Zaitan’s wing, and I think it’s also very weird that those cutscenes happen back to back with a slight pause in between. If we weren’t meant to do anything in between those 2 events, why make not make them 1 whole scene instead of 2?

No, I have no doubt that the fight is either bugged, or unfinished. Either way, I’m disappointed in ArenaNet for releasing the game unfinished, and even more so for it getting passed in closed beta.

Posted by: Amadeuz.4617

Amadeuz.4617

I also think that the fight with Zhaitan is either bugged or unfinished or he isn’t dead on that fight, there will be more about him in later time. Otherwise, it brings a hugh let down for me even the game is great but the Major boss of the game should be more epic than this.

Posted by: Sardoni.8361

Sardoni.8361

Lots of build up with my personal story and my personal mission as a sylvari taked to take down the dragon with Caithe from the dream. Watching Trahearne get this shiny butterfly sword that I could just oogle and sidefrown because why the necromancer gets a greatsword =(.

All these events leading up to this glorious moment in when me and Destiny’s Edge come together for this glorious moment.

When suddenly amazing lazer cannon(s) that could have been manned by anyone was the weapon that truly killed Zhaiten.

I could be replaced by anyone capable of manning asuran technology and hitting “2”. That was my story.

I guess I should have seen it coming during the level 70 story quest “Battle of Fort Trinity” when “my story” missions appeared to take on a norn story path and I’m sylvari. It mentioned me going to steal a pearl from some krayt which I never did. Hinted at leaving some lady behind and going back to get her… and referred to this place I had never been as this place we were going back to like we’d been there before. I was so confused o.o Other people made appearances in later story missions that I never met and said “Oh it’s you again valiant” like they knew me o.o My story even sent me back to Hoelbrak at level 76 to sing the songs of some dead norn I never met in my story. =/ I was confused why I wasn’t going back to the grove or something.

70+ story obviously not polished… which lead to my disappoint.

(edited by Sardoni.8361)

Posted by: Inc.4753

Inc.4753

I found it strange that after the big cannon was shot at Zhaitan and destroyed by him in the cutscene, there followed another cutscene where he was grabbed at the side of the airship and driven to the tower with only the 3 eyes left. My feeling was that there was something missing in this part, what were these cannons? Didn’t we need to charge those? Was this bugged? It brings up alot of questions. And then in the end while he’s at his tower he’s casting his spells etc. which all are targeted in an area, far away from your cannons, here I had also the idea that I missed the backstab spawns for a more dynamic fight. All by all, I (and the others I did the dungeon with) had all the idea that there was a bug in the end fight, since the easiest part of the dungeon is Zhaitan.

This about sums it up for me too. Any chance we can get confirmation on wheter the last fight is bugged? It would help putting my mind at ease.

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

im so happy im only lvl 30 on my main. by the time i hit 80, theyre gonna make this into an epic fight.

right ANet? amirite?

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

Posted by: Corvus.9512

Corvus.9512

Well, on the one hand i really think Zhaitan wasn’t meant to be that much of a threat himself, more like “the brain” of all Orrians. Every single undead corpse, every Eye or Mouth we fought was basically a piece of Zhaitan. So, basically the last fight was pointing this out by making you fight a whole army of Undead, while ignoring Zhaitan himself for most of the time.

Anyway, this shouldn’t justify a last bossfight being lame like this. I think anyone who did it the first time was very disappointed after a pretty well designed dungeon. Taking a cannon and spamming key “2” for 3 minutes can’t be the purpose of a fight with an Elder Dragon, especially after seeing what this fight could have become (CoF or SE bosses, etc). I still believe this is kinda bugged though, considering all the bugs still swarming around in the Orr area at the moment.

(edited by Corvus.9512)

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

I always saw Zhaitan as a long spread out battle that should last the entirety of GW2, until the expansion arrives.

After the dungeon I think he could be great as a zone boss battle that’s spread out over an hour’s gameplay. For instance, you battle him as he flies over an area, while pounding away at him with siege weaponry. Then he breaks apart into smaller dragons, which you have to face all across Orr. After that they come together so he can regenerate, so now you need to battle a grounded Zhaitan, running over his body as multiple heads, claws and tails fight back.

The ending would feel fitting if it’s taken to a story instance, after you’ve completed Arah and the zone wide DE, of course. Here your character, the orders, and Destiny’s Edge deal the killing blow to Zhaitan, destroying his heart or whatever.

That would feel very engaging, battling Zhaitan from a dungeon to a DE, and finally ending it with Destiny’s Edge and your order in true personal story fashion.

(edited by Azjenco.9425)

Posted by: Maljas.6948

Maljas.6948

Agreed that the whole fight was a total let down for such a large amount of build up.

Maybe Anet will add an extra Arah route to “finish” Zhaitan off, since he did fall off-screen at the end.

Posted by: Ayarai.3985

Ayarai.3985

I also refuse to believe that this fight is working as intended, considering in one of the streams prior to the release they even mentioned Zhaitan as one of the fights you don’t want to miss. But I have to say that in it’s current state, the encounter is about as anticlimatic as it could be and pales in comparsion to Lich, Shiro and Abaddon.

While I was impressed by the sheer scale of the Zhaitan (easily noticeable if you compared him to those Tequatl sized dragons on the sky) and especially his ingame appearance, which must have been a nightmare to animate.

However, after that it just simply goes downhill: First up we fight a bunch of adds with no background music at all (what happened to the epic combat music? After all, even those dragon lieutenants you fough aboard the smaller airship had an epic combat music playing in the background). Then Zhaitan gets shot with a big cannon and immediately after a completely silent cutscene follows where he gets zapped with some smaller beams – did we suddenly skip an entire phase of the fight? Or is it intended to be like that.

After that you kill a few more adds and then we get to the last phase, where we finally get to fight Zhaitan… And then for the next 5 minutes (during which Zhaitan doesn’t actually do anything) we just click “2” to blow him up with pretty looking explosions from cannons that do not even align up properly with the boss. I mean, what?

There is no way that could be working as intended, not only it cheapens the entire concept of elder dragons being a threat/dangerous but it also makes the “final” boss easier than the bosses you fight at level 1 at the tutorial instances.

(edited by Ayarai.3985)

Posted by: kulle.6542

kulle.6542

my group had a difficult time on this fight. we had many warriors jump off the edge of the ship in an attempt to hit the dragon. took us a few hours due to these wipes.

Posted by: Quintal.6594

Quintal.6594

I do think the fight is bugged, but I also don’t believe he’s dead.

Falling below the clouds? show me a body!

There’s also a large chunk of Orr we can’t get to.. I’m figuring there will be a patch that adds 1-2 more Orr zones and a second fight on the ground.

Posted by: Myzreal.6842

Myzreal.6842

In my opinion, something went terribly wrong with this fight. Several reasons to think so:
1) He does some attack animations but nothing happens.
2) The turrets can be turned. Why, if the target doesn’t move? Maybe he was supposed to fly around and be harder to hit? Maybe he is if you don’t manage to hold Zojja long enough for her to hit him with the mega lazer stuff?
3) It’s just illogical to shoot an Elder Dragon like a sitting duck.

IMO it’s either bugged or ANet rushed with releasing the game and had no time to polish up this big fight.

Posted by: derekisazombie.2359

derekisazombie.2359

I JUST finished the dungeon and I think that was complete and utter crap. He’s a great visual in the back ground.

(Even though the camera goes through the freaking airship’s ground causing you not to see him as often as you’d like.)

I was expecting him to leap from that tower and hold his torso up on the side of the airship to fight us. Instead he just sits on the tower going "Ow…ow…..ow………ow…..ow…..(3 minutes later)…..Dead. Yay fireworks! I’m so shocked by just how uncomplete this dungeon is. =[

Oh, and if this is a lore thing? It’s horrible. I didn’t expect to shoot at a massive dragon, that may as well had his limbs bounded and a blindfold over his eyes…. Please fix this Anet. The rest of the game I really enjoy.

Posted by: Frost.9376

Frost.9376

Lucky for you guys. I couldn’t even complete it. It was bugged for my group after he died.

GM of Your Math Teacher [MATH] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Aelelan.1639

Aelelan.1639

This argument could really go either way with a fight of this size. On the one hand, it’s not very enjoyable to just sit and mash the “shoot” button on a turret to take down the boss, and on the other it’s not very realistic or epic to just wail away on a dragons toenail until it dies. I personally think that there hasn’t been such an enormous fight like this truly done justice. That’s not to say I didn’t like the dungeon, in fact I thought that it was worth going through the whole dungeon just to see that mind-blowingly incredible model that they made for Zhaitan. They could have just let him fly around while we watched him tear up the coast of Orr and I would have been satisfied with that. The fight, however, was certainly lackluster – there’s no arguing that. I loved the dungeon to death and had a good time, but probably won’t do it again because the fight wasn’t really that engaging. I’m really just looking forward to the kinds of fights that they will develop in future dungeons as they refine exactly what they want boss fights to be like in this game.

There’s a lot of grandiosity to the fight, but to really utilize it properly is another story. I’m excited to see more.

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Imagine this: After zhai attacked the airship, it crashed but not before it fired off a single blast that cracked Zhis skull, DE guys sent you to scout ahead and you ran straight into his mouth, got corrupted by Zhai zhai, turned into champions, have to fight DE and bring them to 10% of Their hp so that they can unite and use Sohothins magic to remind you of your senses, channeling their courage into you. Thus 5 giant undead dragons fighting the ultimate undead dragon, forcing him to climb onto the tower full with magical artifacts to absorb them, 3 of you intercepting the beams of energy while 2 of you struggle to chew off his wings (instead of hold off 10000 mobs till lazor charges with no interaction), clawing him off the tower into the water, then having a underwater fight with him seperating his snake/mouth expansions to re-corrupt you with you having to get close to pull him onto the shore of orr, but not close enough for the snakes to take controll of you and then finally fighting him straight up, after you came to the shore because he realized that he has no other option but to consume all undead withing a few miles and returning you to mortal form, then climbing ontop of him and attacking his arms to get his head down onto the beach so that DE can make a final strike against him on the weak spot that was created by the laser hit~

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Posted by: Sauronych.2407

Sauronych.2407

Seriously, it was so easy to do this fight right and they managed to screw it up. I suggest ANet does the following:

- Make Zhaitan 10 times bigger. Seriously, just scale his model.

- Add more flying ships around Zhaitan. At least 10-15 should be visible attacking him simultaneously to make it epic and believable.

- During the first phase the players fight trash mobs on-board just like they do now. When they kill all mobs in the current wave, they go to the turrets and start firing at Zhaitan, except the camera pulls out so that the ship looks about the size of your character at max camera distance, which eliminates the problem of the dragon being “too big”.

- Make the shooting part more engaging by giving players more skills and reasons to use them. You already had reflective shields in previous airship fights, why remove them for the final one? Have Zhaitan shoot some projectiles at the ship or add some champion dragons that would attack it from time to time. Of course it would be nicer to have totally new cannon skills and new mechanics associated with them.

This would already make the fight much more fun, and it’s at this point that ANet will probably stop if they ever decide to redo it. However, in a perfect scenario, a second phase should also be present, where Zhaitan crashes to the ground as a result of the first phase, allowing you to get a little bit more personal with him. The players + Destiny’s Edge could climb his body trying to reach his head and blow it up (or just attack it as usual), while the troops, asura lasers, golems etc. attack the dragon in the background, creating a sense of epicness.

Posted by: Arrowstorm.3941

Arrowstorm.3941

Haven’t done it myself YET, but adding explorable modes with alternative approaches to Zhaitan, like one for each of the three orders, might help out. They’d be harder, and optional for the ones that enjoys getting stomped by an Elder Dragon.

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

This argument could really go either way with a fight of this size. On the one hand, it’s not very enjoyable to just sit and mash the “shoot” button on a turret to take down the boss, and on the other it’s not very realistic or epic to just wail away on a dragons toenail until it dies. I personally think that there hasn’t been such an enormous fight like this truly done justice. That’s not to say I didn’t like the dungeon, in fact I thought that it was worth going through the whole dungeon just to see that mind-blowingly incredible model that they made for Zhaitan. They could have just let him fly around while we watched him tear up the coast of Orr and I would have been satisfied with that. The fight, however, was certainly lackluster – there’s no arguing that. I loved the dungeon to death and had a good time, but probably won’t do it again because the fight wasn’t really that engaging. I’m really just looking forward to the kinds of fights that they will develop in future dungeons as they refine exactly what they want boss fights to be like in this game.

There’s a lot of grandiosity to the fight, but to really utilize it properly is another story. I’m excited to see more.

@ the whacking at the toenail comment. The thing is, there are plenty of ways to deal with that. Have you done the world boss in Sparkfly? The fight consists of players destroying bone walls and fighting risen that drop from him until the mega laser charges shoots, takes off a chunk of his health, then charges again. Essentially the fight is less “whacking at his toenail” and more “Making him vulnerable, and protecting the weapon of mass destruction we have aimed at his face” Something similar could easily have been done in Arah. We had a fleet of airships and plenty of guns. I’m sure there would have been a way to make a fight vs zhaitan feel climatic without having us hit his big toe for a bit.

Posted by: Billiam.7961

Billiam.7961

for people wondering about zhaitans size Tequatl, is about the size of zhaitans wing, when you’re blasting him from teh airship he is VERY far away, i have an image of just how big one of those little heads coming out of his mouth is compared to a human http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u475/maccy66/eb3c4dcf.jpg a human is about as tall as one of the LITTLE heads TEETH, just so you get an isea of how massive zhaitan really is

Posted by: cartmania.6325

cartmania.6325

that fight is lame! i thought there would be an epic fight when i saw him flying around. but nothing:/

Posted by: Untouch.2541

Untouch.2541

I’ve heard he’s bugged.

Posted by: FrozenDream.1590

FrozenDream.1590

yeah i agrre, pretty lame fight.
if u had to aim your cannon at least but you just spam 2. I really hope that he is kinda bugged, cause i really expect it to be way more challenging ^.^

plz note, that if its a pretty long discussion i may not have read every post,
therefore im sorry if i just posted some outdated stuff
also maybe a similar thread exists already, in that case im sorry for double post.

Posted by: Selona.3489

Selona.3489

I (sadly) would have to agree with the folks above. I expected something more from such a awesome game as a final dungeon. The bugs a side, the whole fight felt so anti-climatic, it shocked me and the whole group: “Wait..was that…what?” (sort of)
(maybe its just me after playing two expansions on WoW. Where I had to fight on a airship fending off wave after wave. Its rather mind-numbingly boring. Sorry to say, just my opinion ofc)
I just felt…well, uninspired

I´d also like to throw in a comment that the loot rewards from most dungeons are sub par and it feels like you never get appropriate rewards. (all dungeons I´ve done)

(edited by Selona.3489)

Posted by: Chrisco.5732

Chrisco.5732

I agree that the fight is kinda zzz. I understand the idea that we have weakened him a lot, but he could at least fly around as we fire at him, chase him around or something. The spamming 2 for 5min at a target that doesn’t move or attack back is just lame. Hope they revamp that end part because the rest of the dungeon is great fun.

Posted by: Rinbox.2570

Rinbox.2570

The Zhaitan fight was a big let down plain and simple. There are countless boss fights in the game that trump this fight in difficulty which was a big let down. This was supposed to be the final boss of the final dungeon and an end to your personal story and all that ends up happening is firing cannons mindlessly to finish him off. I think a lot more could have been done to vamp up the difficulty of that encounter even if it ends up with cannon thing at the end still

As a side note why is there no epic music track during this encounter? its completely silent and void of any emotion while everything is going on. This is supposed to be the final boss and there is absolutely no music? a bug? a work in progress? there needs to be some feeling with that fight and there is definitely nothing.

I hope if / when the other Elder Dragons make an appearance that the fights mirror the epic amount of personal story quests to get there. Zhaitan was only the first sure but it could have been done better

Posted by: Melphina.9035

Melphina.9035

I was expecting something more like FF10 where we had to do something before he just ended us but it was just a fire sparks at him till he dies

If its bugged i hope it gets better.

Melphina Kobe ~ Thief

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

I had a somewhat optimistic view during the Cannon phase of the Zhaitan fight. I honestly thought that fight was bugged. My first inclination was that I couldn’t see Zhaitan’s health bar on the top of my screen, only on the side where the Dynamic Event progress would be. I also couldn’t see how much actual damage I was doing with the cannons.

I don’t recall if the cannons on the other half of the ship were available, but if they were, it would be nice to fight against lesser dragons during that fight.

But if that fight is what it is, then I think it should be improved somewhat. Here are my ideas:

+ Perhaps Zhaitan can disable some cannons and a Pact engineer could come in an attempt to repair it. However, one has to defend that engineer from a small group of Risen adds. Possibly [Body Parts] of Zhaitan.

+ Maybe the cannons could be manipulated and turned against us. After all, the Risen are capable of building catapults. It would then be up to use to rebuild the cannons and fire back at Zhaitan.

+ Zhaitan could fire projectiles and the cannons would have to be used to defend off those projectiles with the use of some kind of barrier, similar to the lesser dragons before him.

I have yet to play the Explorable versions of Arah, so I don’t know if there are remnants of Zhaitan in any of them. If so, then I guess that’s why Zhaitan’s current form is somewhat weak while a B-A version of Zhaitan is somewhere in the explorable areas.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Posted by: Kraun.2961

Kraun.2961

mashing #2 is kinda dissapointing, considering it’s the “epic final boss” of the game.

Posted by: Untouch.2541

Untouch.2541

Just did it.

If it isn’t bugged there is some massive screwup because so many things went wrong.

No sound, no music, the ship was stationary. The goo he shot did nothing. The cutscene messed up.

Posted by: Blotto.5407

Blotto.5407

I have to say that I am so incredibly disappointed in the Zhaitan fight. It was hands down, the most anticlimactic moment in gaming for me.

I understand the argument that we spent all this time weakening him to get to this point but he put’s up no fight whatsoever. He clings to a rock and does nothing whilst we’re forced to stand still pressing 2 repeatedly and nothing else. The dragon champion world events were all much more exciting and for me that doesn’t make a lot of sense.

It was also seemed bugged to me, there was no music and lot’s of sound seemed to be missing from cut scenes. This is understandable however considering how long the game has been out, just thought I’d mention it.

This bit may not belong here but the fact that the rewards for completing the story were 4 blue items for levels 24-50 (roughly) and a green item for level 79, seems unacceptable as far as I’m concerned. Oh and some WvW blueprints, gee thanks. The rewards coupled with the actual event itself made that last story mission (for me at least) absolutely worthless. It’s a shame really, considering the rest of the story.

I think something is very wrong when after playing through the story (and loving it I hasten to add), coming to the conclusion, killing the big evil and just simply not caring or having the slightest bit of interest.

Incredibly anticlimactic; lackluster and just left me feeling so incredibly disappointed.