Ad Infinitum (Legendary backpiece)

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Kainis.9475

Kainis.9475

I’m extremely disappointed that it was possible to get Unbound before it was possible to craft Ad Infinitum, and even further disappointed that the fractal patch did not add the Gift of Infinity and the Gift of the Fractals. There’s not even any word on what would be needed to craft these items so that I could start working on those.

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

I understand your frustration but they never claimed to be adding the final recipe in this patch, did they?

Posted by: Excludee.3850

Excludee.3850

I’m pretty certain they said it’d be available around the time people could start building Unbound……. I’ll have to go find that, and I’m feeling pretty lazy.

Regardless, I’m not sure what’s holding it up. It’s kinda sad just sitting on the precursor.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Agreed – the saddest part is I don’t know if I still need to farm those kitten pages or not.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: ZBeeblebrox.4928

ZBeeblebrox.4928

What I just don’t understand is why it’s not in the game. They’ve obviously designed the skin – it’s in the wardrobe and on Dessa! What could the holdup possibly be? All they have to do is create some item combos in mystic toilet.

Posted by: Sulfarius.1756

Sulfarius.1756

It should really be in the game from the moment the weapon legendaries were put in the game. Crafting your legendary back item was a SELLING POINT of this expansion and not being able to do so after 2 months of it’s release seems like false marketing of the x-pack to me. Sure, you got the precursor but that’s not the same as the legendary.

I don’t get what the hold-up is other than creating the illusion that crafting it takes longer. At the very least we could be made aware what kind of items we’ll need in order to craft those gifts… or better yet, just put them in the game already.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I’m pretty certain they said it’d be available around the time people could start building Unbound……. I’ll have to go find that, and I’m feeling pretty lazy.

Regardless, I’m not sure what’s holding it up. It’s kinda sad just sitting on the precursor.

Remember this was Colin speaking ad lib. He didn’t actually give a specific date because stuff happens.

It is annoying to have unbound in my bank sitting there, when i know i can finish it given the remaining 2 parts being released.

Posted by: blackysharky.7581

blackysharky.7581

When it’s ready, Soon TM and of course it’s on the table.

Being mad, angry, salty or whatever is of course understandable and your / our right since it was promoted or well, it was advertised and a selling point for me to even buy HoT, but when you’re as long as me with GW2 now, you just expect this things to be normal procedure with Anet and to happen this way, so you take everything they say and add +3 months to it, then you either get it or an announcement that you will get it within the next 1-2 months.

Sir Masao
Warrior
Elonas Reach [EU]

Posted by: blackysharky.7581

blackysharky.7581

Almost another month has passed on this subject and yet no more informations have been released regarding this issue, a developer response to it would still be very much appreciated.

Sir Masao
Warrior
Elonas Reach [EU]

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Expect to hear more soonish when the “looking forward” blog post hits.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

I just hope that it’s not tied to some gimmicky ‘leaderboards’.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

They did say it was tied to leaderboards so thats clearly the hold up. :P

Posted by: ildjarn.7321

ildjarn.7321

Just Anet things. Delay stuff you promised 3months ago for no reason or explanation.

Näin on.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

If Leaderboards are the hold up then expect never to see it.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

They did say it was tied to leaderboards so thats clearly the hold up. :P

I think they wanted to but eventually scrapped it in order to make a 4th collection. Dunno. We’ll see on tuesday.

Posted by: Steal Chest.8214

Steal Chest.8214

The suspense is killing me. We haven’t heard a word or anything since the launch. All was said was ‘’The Legendary should be added in the game by the time you get the precursor’‘, which is totally false. I started my journey on the Legendary backpack a bit late, I took the first weeks to explore the new HoT areas before getting back into fractals. Now I have Unbound, and over 50 extra pages, and as I said, I started late. I’m just getting those pages, every single day, just in case they’re required for the 2 remaining gifts, but how would I know, they haven’t said a word on the legendary since the release. Every single patch I’m hoping that’s the one, but it’s never. What tells me it’s going to be on Tueday? nothing, just hoping :’(