Ad Infinitum: Update?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Godservant.8736

Godservant.8736

Does anyone have an update on obtaining Ad Infinitum? More specifically, does any have information on when/how we will be able to obtain the Gift of Infinity and the Gift of the Fractals?

Searil Hebion| Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

They’re targeting it for the Spring patch in April, but we haven’t received confirmation if it’ll make it or not.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

They’re targeting it for the Spring patch in April, but we haven’t received confirmation if it’ll make it or not.

Not that it’s a matter of trust here, but shouldn’t this be something Anet says ?

I feel as a consumer a bit irked that, the last words we had on in were vague “It will be ready when you can complete the precursor”. For many people we’ve had that done for atleast 2 months if not more now.

It would be nice to have some transparency into why the delay and shift from the original statement and not just another blind guess and “when its ready”

Rising Dusk.2408

Not that it’s a matter of trust here, but shouldn’t this be something Anet says ?

Yeah, unfortunately they won’t say anything until it’s a definite yes that it’ll make it because people construe that as a promise. They made the mistake of talking too openly about schedules back in 2012, and it bit them hard in the coming years. Their policies are very strict about it now.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

TexZero.7910

Yeah, unfortunately they won’t say anything until it’s a definite yes that it’ll make it because people construe that as a promise. They made the mistake of talking too openly about schedules back in 2012, and it bit them hard in the coming years. Their policies are very strict about it now.

I’m aware of said snafu. However, that’s called running away from the problem, not addressing it and learning from it. I know that’s been there policy for the past 2 years now, but realistically opening up does more good than bad as proven by the direct feedback during BW3/4 for HoT.

Rising Dusk.2408

For full disclosure, I completely agree with you, but I can’t really change ANet’s mind on their corporate policies unfortunately. I wish they would be more forthright about their targeted schedules, while making it clear that they’re targets and not definitives.

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

In short, it’ll be here when it gets here. In the meantime, go raid or something something Mordremoth.

Posted by: Beorn Raukar.4328

Beorn Raukar.4328

For full disclosure, I completely agree with you, but I can’t really change ANet’s mind on their corporate policies unfortunately. I wish they would be more forthright about their targeted schedules, while making it clear that they’re targets and not definitives.

They always make it clear that they’re targets and dates are not set. That does not stop the community from flipping out when things get delayed. I keep hearing about how ANET should improve communication, but that goes both ways. Communication is a two way street and the community should think about how to improve their end before demanding anything.

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

The back piece should of been out on the 23rd. It is just a joke that the PvP players (who don’t need legendary for stat swapping) gets it before PvE players. The biggest joke will be if I can get my PvP back piece made before the fractal one is released.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

The back piece should of been out on the 23rd. It is just a joke that the PvP players (who don’t need legendary for stat swapping) gets it before PvE players. The biggest joke will be if I can get my PvP back piece made before the fractal one is released.

It should have been out back in December tbh.

Posted by: Jay.1085

Jay.1085

This has got to be the cruelest joke anet has ever pulled. I am happy for pvpers, they got the legendary backpiece but what about us pvers? This fractal backpiece better be a work of art! Total garbage having to pay so much on xpac only to find out not all they hype was being released. Thanks anet /SARCASM

Also FYI apparently you cant choose the new stats on the legendary back piece LOLS!
Dev has commented saying its an oversight. My only reason to make one was for the new stats

Posted by: Chaoz.7941

Chaoz.7941

They actually made it quite clear that the fractal back piece would be released at the start of HoT for HoT players. If they didn’t market it as for HoT players and said “in the future” then our complaints would be invalid. However they DID market it for HoT and DID NOT say in the future. So for them to be completely silent on something we paid for (since it was part of the HoT package) is quite wrong and says a lot about how Anet thinks about their playerbase. All they care about is PvP and it shows in how they balance things, refusing to split PvP from PvE balance updates.

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

I’ve been gone since before the holidays and the wings still aren’t out?

Heh…. back to being gone

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

I hope they add it in before the next raid wing at least. I just hate the idea that the only way to get vipers/zealots/etc back-piece is to pvp (where gear stats don’t matter), even though I know that practically speaking those few points make very little difference. They really just need to prioritize fractals sooner rather than later. They gave up the dungeon model stating specifically that fractals would fill that semi-casual instanced content niche but then have not touched fractals in months – by april it will more then half a year. The most optimistic spin I can put on all this is that they saw how frustrated/disappointed veteran fractal-runners were with the update and went back to the drawing board to implement the feedback. It’s just hard to have that optimism given the 3-year history of fractal updates.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Chaoz.7941

You can get viper stat currently without legendary back piece. It’s called sabetha’s assaulter crucible. I turned mine into commander stats for my chrono, but I wish I had turned it into vipers. Can always get another one, though I used a lot of my tokens on the ghostly infusion.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

You can get viper stat currently without legendary back piece. It’s called sabetha’s assaulter crucible. I turned mine into commander stats for my chrono, but I wish I had turned it into vipers. Can always get another one, though I used a lot of my tokens on the ghostly infusion.

*Malicious Crucible, Assaulter doesn’t have Viper afaik.

Rising Dusk.2408

I hope they add it in before the next raid wing at least.

They won’t. The next raid release will be sometime in March by my understanding, and the earliest we could get Ad Infinitum if ANet finishes leaderboards is April.

TexZero.7910

I hope they add it in before the next raid wing at least.

They won’t. The next raid release will be sometime in March by my understanding, and the earliest we could get Ad Infinitum if ANet finishes leaderboards is April.

Oh boy meaningless leaderboards. Let’s gate PvE content behind who has more time to stand around toughness stacked mobs. That’s exactly what people think about when they think of a legendary process.

….Did they seriously go and link them to the leaderboards ?

rfdarko.4639

Ye, I’m p sure sabetha’s backpiece only gives sinister, not vipers. Disappointing to hear RD but it is what it is at this point I guess.

Rising Dusk.2408

This has been their plan since Ad Infinitum was first announced. My general understanding is that the leaderboards will function more like the adventure leaderboards, where each specific fractal level has a bronze/silver/gold reward associated with it. I would expect Ad Infinitum’s final collections to require multiple silver rewards from numerous high difficulty fractals.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Yuuup. Fractal leaderboard was supposed to be released in November 2013 but got quickly abandoned and never mentioned again.

TexZero.7910

Yuuup. Fractal leaderboard was supposed to be released in November 2013 but got quickly abandoned and never mentioned again.

As it should have been.

Who really gives 2 flying quaggans which group or person kills something outside of a very very minuscule speed run crowd.

Chaoz.7941

Woops my bad, probably should have doubled checked to see if it had vipers. That’s kinda week that it doesn’t. They should at least do that much and add it at around the same time they fix the pvp back piece.

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

Ye, I’m p sure sabetha’s backpiece only gives sinister, not vipers. Disappointing to hear RD but it is what it is at this point I guess.

I am 100% sure that it does in fact give Viper’s because I have it in Viper’s and use it on all my condi characters.

rfdarko.4639

I am 100% sure that it does in fact give Viper’s because I have it in Viper’s and use it on all my condi characters.

oh neat, both good and bad news since now i’ll have to decide if i wanna get the backpiece or save up for the vipers trinkets when they add them. x_x

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

oh neat, both good and bad news since now i’ll have to decide if i wanna get the backpiece or save up for the vipers trinkets when they add them. x_x

Save up for the trinkets. The stats on a backpack are much less than those on the trinkets. Furthermore, if you actually calc out the ways to get to exactly 100% (or really close) condi duration with the various condi classes, the backpack is often unnecessary.

That isn’t to say it is totally worthless, just that it isn’t anywhere near worth the cost compared to the trinkets.

Chaoz.7941

I guess Anet is just going to ignore us and not give us a reason as to why its not released yet.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

I guess Anet is just going to ignore us and not give us a reason as to why its not released yet.

Leaderboards. They said already, they wanted to release the content together. I do not have a link to this article from last year.

Chaoz.7941

“but a few of the components for the new legendary will come with this expanded future fractals feature.” It was in a forum post……., which was why I never saw it. This doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t have at least made a blog post explaining this. Especially since their original post had marketed the back piece as coming with the expansion.

It’s been almost 7 weeks since the first day passed that we could make the precursor. That we still haven’t even heard a word since then is rather pathetic.

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Leaderboards. They said already, they wanted to release the content together. I do not have a link to this article from last year.

You may be right, but I sure hope you are incorrect. Leaderboards are mostly pointless for fractals. Just give us the backpiece already and I hope they don’t introduce a bunch of bad achievements to get it.

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

It’s on the table. ™

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

You may be right, but I sure hope you are incorrect. Leaderboards are mostly pointless for fractals. Just give us the backpiece already and I hope they don’t introduce a bunch of bad achievements to get it.

Oh, they’re definitely going to introduce a whole bunch of bad achievements tied to the leaderboard to get it.

rfdarko.4639

Just an update from Mike O’Brien’s reddit post: “I can’t promise A certain date, but we’ve de-linked the backpack from Fractal Leaderboards so we can release it sooner rather than later.” Awesome news, though wish we could have heard about it here where we’ve been asking for a while. :P

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Just an update from Mike O’Brien’s reddit post: “I can’t promise A certain date, but we’ve de-linked the backpack from Fractal Leaderboards so we can release it sooner rather than later.” Awesome news, though wish we could have heard about it here where we’ve been asking for a while. :P

Reddit is better suited for AMAs than this forum is. I’m sure folks will summarize the cogent points in due time.

Anyhow, tl;dr the backpack was delayed because of the leaderboards (for some reason, ANet wants them and for some reason, their implementation was slower than expected).

From my point of view, just as well we waited 4+ months, if that means that the leaderboards won’t be tied to legendaries.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Noordster.4391

Noordster.4391

so, we dont need personal lvl 100 to reach ad infinitum?? thats not cool….

Posted by: Ephrum.3910

Ephrum.3910

so, we dont need personal lvl 100 to reach ad infinitum?? thats not cool….

There has been zero information about what you will and wont need for Ad Infinitum achievements.

Stop complaining about things you don’t know yet. -__-