Advice for Simin

Advice for Simin

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

Hope this helps you guys out.

I didn’t hear of any other guides out there since the most recent Simin changes so I thought this could help some. She does bug a lot easier now but with the slower hp regen, it CAN be countered with quick bursts and fast spark pulls. If you have any questions that I didn’t cover in the vid leme know and I’ll try to help out as best I can.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Advice for Simin

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

you shouldn’t really show off how to bug a boss out, because that’s an exploit and your account can be banned for it :/

Advice for Simin

Posted by: Luke.2643

Luke.2643

Not sure what you meant by showing off how to bug her, she was bugged and they killed her anyway.

Advice for Simin

Posted by: SET.3275

SET.3275

When she bugs, after stealth she have 50% health. Always. No way to counter it. I dont see she was bugged in your video.

Advice for Simin

randomfightfan.4091

When she bugs, after stealth she have 50% health. Always. No way to counter it. I dont see she was bugged in your video.

she was bugged as in she was going stealth after less than 5s of non invis. It isn’t just at 50%, it’s at a few more points (pretty sure at least) but we’d all use high burst skills doing like 15+k instantly then getting the sparks in before she would out heal that damage. Pretty sure that’s what evened it out in the end.

you shouldn’t really show off how to bug a boss out, because that’s an exploit and your account can be banned for it :/

you should watch the video meng. This isn’t a how to bug, it’s a how to win despite bugs with a tutorial of the basics vs simin

Advice for Simin

Posted by: Konu.1826

Konu.1826

she was bugged as in she was going stealth after less than 5s of non invis. It isn’t just at 50%, it’s at a few more points (pretty sure at least) but we’d all use high burst skills doing like 15+k instantly then getting the sparks in before she would out heal that damage. Pretty sure that’s what evened it out in the end.

I don’t see a bug in that video, then again I have never experienced bug with her myself. You had few poor spark runs resulting in short dps windows, the timer to next stealth starts when she stealths and not when she is revealed again.

Advice for Simin

Posted by: KazNaka.4718

KazNaka.4718

I don’t think that’s a bug. The moment she turns invis and starts healing, I believe there is a set timer when she will go invis again. So if you take too long pulling the sparks in during that time frame, you’re taking up time to DPS her. Hence, when you finally pulled the sparks in and be able to DPS her, there is only a short amount of time left until she invis again.

So the point is, if you take too long pulling in sparks, you won’t be able to get her hp down. Unless of course, the group has mad DPS, then you can take longer and still be fine.

(edited by KazNaka.4718)

Advice for Simin

Posted by: Konu.1826

Konu.1826

I actually decided to finally take time and count the interval between stealths. I have always just had the feeling the timer begins from stealth and not from reveal. Using the video I got results of around 45s between every stealth so now I’m even more convinced the timer works like that.

Advice for Simin

randomfightfan.4091

I don’t think that’s a bug. The moment she turns invis and starts healing, I believe there is a set timer when she will go invis again. So if you take too long pulling the sparks in during that time frame, you’re taking up time to DPS her. Hence, when you finally pulled the sparks in and be able to DPS her, there is only a short amount of time left until she invis again.

So the point is, if you take too long pulling in sparks, you won’t be able to get her hp down. Unless of course, the group has mad DPS, then you can take longer and still be fine.

makes sense, just didn’t make the link. My bad then.

Advice for Simin

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

Hopefuly Robert has fixed her bugs with this upcoming patch. It’s too awful to get to her after all that work and have her DPS check your team from finishing the dungeon.

Advice for Simin

Posted by: kipz.8701

kipz.8701

Since im usually the tear kitten in my dungeon group I’ll give my 2p

People shouldn’t be linking petrified of saying they’re petrified unless you NEED to.

You can see the debuff in the party frames and you can see it blinking. When it starts blinking really fast thats when you want to throw your tear. By the time you actually throw it they should be fully frozen and this way you can minimise downtime from the debuff.

Watching the party frames is key! It’s really not hard.

Advice for Simin

randomfightfan.4091

Since im usually the tear kitten in my dungeon group I’ll give my 2p

People shouldn’t be linking petrified of saying they’re petrified unless you NEED to.

You can see the debuff in the party frames and you can see it blinking. When it starts blinking really fast thats when you want to throw your tear. By the time you actually throw it they should be fully frozen and this way you can minimise downtime from the debuff.

Watching the party frames is key! It’s really not hard.

true but no one in my pt (except for me) had done Simin before. Relying on the thrower to do that wouldn’t have been smart. Besides , linking petrified while petrified doesn’t lose our on dps so there’s no harm in doing it.

Advice for Simin

KazNaka.4718

actually, the best way to do it is by not having a “tear guy” at all so everyone can dps. You can completely negate petrify by having stability when dead eye stare counts down to 0. You would be grayed out but still be able to attack while having the petrify debuff (just use skills 2-5 if you’re stuck in place). When Simin casts dead eye stare on the same guy with petrify, the 2 debuffs will cancel each other out and you will still be able to move.

Advice for Simin

randomfightfan.4091

good advice kaz, didn’t know that. Only problem I see is that only necro and rangers have that easy of access to stability without gimping their damage (my opinion) with a chance exception of engi. Used to work with dodging it at the right time if you had something like reckless dodge. They fixed that a long time ago though.

Also there’s nothing wrong with having a designated tear thrower. Just because that guy is throwing tears doesn’t mean he isn’t doing dps, it just means the other 4 don’t need to worry about anything other than dps.

Advice for Simin

KazNaka.4718

you only need to cast stability once for that first dead eye stare. Every subsequent dead eye stares casted on top of a petrify debuff will cancel the petrify and not work. Unless someone throws a tear at you and removes the petrify debuff…then, the stare will petrify you for real.

The problem only arises when Simin changes target. The petrify debuff will stay and count down to 0. Once that happens, you won’t be able to move and will need the tear. But usually, she will stick to one target.

Warriors have balanced stance, and guardians have that shout. It won’t hurt dps since 1) it only takes 1 utility slot and 2) you won’t have to worry about stopping to throw tears.

(edited by KazNaka.4718)