Aether wheel fractal easy mode

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

I present to you easy way to finish aether fractal, enjoy.

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

(edited by Urejt.5648)

Posted by: BlitzX.4039

BlitzX.4039

Well, I dont remember when we started to use this spot but where is “exploit” here?(fgsing?stacking?meleeing?)

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Using a LoS spot to gather mobs together and using stability to not get annihilated is not an exploit … >.> Seriously, what will be the new mantra? Damage is exploit because it kills mobs? Greentyria will be formed and protest against players who kill innocent dragon minions?

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Using a LoS spot to gather mobs together and using stability to not get annihilated is not an exploit … >.> Seriously, what will be the new mantra? Damage is exploit because it kills mobs? Greentyria will be formed and protest against players who kill innocent dragon minions?

Well to be honest we are not too far from the pacifist ideal considering they just put out a completely defensive stat gear.

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

This method has been used since like a day after this fractal was released…

Nova [rT]

Posted by: slamb.4781

slamb.4781

You can do it quicker if your ele uses lightning hammer for stage 1&2 then FGS for stage 3

Sir Kitty Litter
[QOP] Quaggan Op – Guild Leader

Posted by: Sera.6250

Sera.6250

you also die less if you have AR

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Why are you demonstrating perhaps the only tactic that pugs even know how to make use of for this encounter?

Pretty sure that the vast majority of people who have ever done this fractal only stack in this spot. I’ve never even been in a pug team without everyone immediately huddling up in that little corner.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

If it’s the spot I’m thinking of, only ONCE in my well over 20+ times in that Fractal did someone suggest using that spot. The rest of the time we just ran around the hamster wheel. (We ended up having to do that anyway since it turned out the group was too squishy to survive the stack.)

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I find that insanely hard to believe, Zaxares… but I’ll take your word for it. Are you by any chance on NA servers?

By the way when people decide to stack for this, it’s pure stupidity to do so without stability. If you’re not with a guardian (a competent one, for that matter), you should probably prepare yourself to play ‘hamster wheel’ as you call it :P

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I am on NA servers, yeah. But I should probably add the caveat that I’m still playing on the 1-9 and 11-15 level ranges, where I’m more likely to get PUGs with relative newbies. It might be a completely different story at higher levels.

On a related note, on my last Fractals run, someone FINALLY showed me how to bug out Mossman in the water. (I knew it could be done, but again, prior to that run, we had always just fought Mossman the normal way.)

(edited by Zaxares.5419)

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

I am on NA servers, yeah. But I should probably add the caveat that I’m still playing on the 1-9 and 11-15 level ranges, where I’m more likely to get PUGs with relative newbies. It might be a completely different story at higher levels.

On a related note, on my last Fractals run, someone FINALLY showed me how to bug out Mossman in the water. (I knew it could be done, but again, prior to that run, we had always just fought Mossman the normal way.)

bugging bosses is lame

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

No, stacking is the exploit here. AFK ranging/bugging bosses is intended play.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Whenever I host fractals, I usually ask for non stackers, although I do have exceptions. Utilising safe spots, like Cliffside during the chest seal is sensible play as is LOS’ing the chanters during the arm seal. Doing it the non stacking way is stupid. The hamster wheel is interesting to do. I’ll stack if someone else’s hosting but if it’s mine, we’re running. One can never count on pugs to do it right and I’ve lost count of the times that we’ve wiped repeatedly because people are just too kitten ed squishy.

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

Watching a video of a short bow thief with personal reward level 28 presenting the “new” stacking spot everyone always used since the beginning of time. Good times.

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

I would love them to up the damage from the lasers about 5000% so that this tactic was no longer viable.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Use invuln, bro. Mobs will die so fast that it’s worth it to tank the zap ;D

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

I would love them to up the damage from the lasers about 5000% so that this tactic was no longer viable.

Again, good groups will kill the golems before they get touched by the lasers, while bad groups will be stuck there forever.

I’m not entirely sure of how hard those things hit, but increasing their damage as much as you suggested would probably cause them to oneshot anyone and then every casual/bad player would cry about it being too hard. Hue.

(edited by FenrirSlakt.3692)

Posted by: Ascimator.6735

Ascimator.6735

Again, good groups will kill the golems before they get touched by the lasers, while bad groups will be stuck there forever.

I’m not entirely sure of how hard those things hit, but increasing their damage as much as you suggested would probably cause them to oneshot anyone and then every casual/bad player would cry about it being too hard. Hue.

Well, that means less bad players in our pugs. I find it much easier to hamsterwheel around. Besides, this way the golem will actually move around and will get hit less.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

But they do pull you to the laser more. And more Confusion stacks. Oh yeah!

Honestly, both methods work depending on your group comp.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids