Aetherblade Path - Oozes

Aetherblade Path - Oozes

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

I know this has probably been brought up a few times already, but I didn’t find anything recent on it.

Now I’ve read all the guides and different posts about what to do on this, but I don’t know if it is bugged now or the mechanics have changed now or what. So maybe you all can help me.

This is just impossible to do for me now. The oozes don’t survive even a second with the amount of elementals that spawn.

When we first got to the room, there was 8 elementals. 4 on each side. So like most guides tell you, kite them all to the door and keep them focused on you but don’t kill them yet, while the other two go grab the oozes and guide them through. Then kill the elementals that go after the oozes at the end.

None of that happens. When we get in the room and start attacking the elementals to drag them to the door, they charge full throttle to the oozes standing in the water. And I seriously mean it. All elementals in the room go straight for the oozes right away. Which makes the oozes last like a second or two. Then the elementals come after us. BUT as soon as another ooze spawns, the elementals once again leave us instantly and charge the ooze before it even starts moving anywhere, and kill it again.

We can’t even get the ooze to move anywhere before the elementals kill it. And to top that off, elementals are spawning in groups of three at a constant rate, to a point we had almost 24 elementals in the room with more spawning in. It was a nightmare to say the least. Constant immobilization on us, and the ooze before it could go anywhere, and then bam, dead ooze in a second.

I don’t know what is going on. We can’t hold any aggro on the elementals, no matter how much we beat them up. The second (and I literally mean the second) an ooze spawns, all elementals in the room, regardless of where they are, charge straight to the ooze and kill it.

Is it supposed to be like this? It is seriously impossible to do this. I don’t know if a recent change broke this, or Anet changed the mechanics to this or what, but I remember doing this path awhile back and it was never like this. But now, there is way too many elementals spawning, and you can’t hold any aggro on them at all. Every elemental in the room will turn away from whatever is going on, and bomb rush the ooze as soon as it spawns. You don’t even get a chance to move the ooze now.

Any insight would be appreciated.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Aetherblade Path - Oozes

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

This sounds bugged.

Aetherblade Path - Oozes

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Just did the Aetherblade path 2 hours ago. It didn’t seem to be bugged for my group.

You need to let the first ooze killed. The elementals always aggro on the ooze first, then the nearest players. Pull them after they kill the oozes.

Remember, the Ooze can’t be knocked back, launched or pulled, but they can be feared. The Elementals are susceptible to every crowd control effect. If possible, group the elementals up, blind and cleave them asap before they aggro on the oozes (600 range).

After you kill all of them, it would take around 30 seconds for the next wave to spawn, enough to guide the oozes through safely without getting immobilization.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Aetherblade Path - Oozes

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

The way we usually do it is to have the two heavies (war+guard) run in first to aggro the elementals and bring them as close to the gate as possible. Then kill them simultaneously and have others run in and start to guide the oozes. They are usually through before elementals can respawn. When something doesn’t go right, you can save the situation with a reflect/projectile block/blind.

As for Aetherpath as a whole, the achievements are definitely bugged, but the path itself is pretty much free of any major bugs as far as I can tell. At least when I did it recently everything was working nicely.

Aetherblade Path - Oozes

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

4 people run in -> eles attack and kill first ooze -> people pull them to the door and hold them there (reflect ‘n kitten) until one person pulled both oozes and the oozes are at the beginning of the left path -> 4 people easily kill the oozes while 5th person kites them toward the door. if the oozes don’t get any dmg the second ooze will be easily able to walk through the fire into the second cog
this way it’s way easier then coordinating two people running at the right time since the right path is slightly longer than the left one.

edit: i should have read the op. what you describe sounds like a bug since only as many oozes should respawn as were killed as far as i remember.