Aetherpath trio -- possible?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

My group 3-manned upto the electricity puzzle just now, and we’ve been trying to figure out a way to three man it without luck. Anyone know if this is possible?

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

I Duo’d Aetherpath long ago except for the electricity room, where you need to find 4 players no matter what.
My friend and I found a bug that moves you out of the map so you can skip the electricity room, but that’s cheating so we never took advantage of it and never could do it just 2 of us, had to invite 2 more guildies for the electricity room.

What we did so far so it’s possible is:

• 1: Solo Ooze room (With condition damage + CC based build and moving 2 oozes on same path). I don’t suggest this, was a pain, it’s easier with just 2 players.
  • 2: Solo all 3 Bosses. I did solo Spur and Clockheart several times. Couldn’t solo the firts boss but I saw a video of an elementalist in youtube doing it, hence it’s possible.
  • 3: We 4-manned the electricity room. As simple as having someone with stealth in platform 1 and a 1200 range player hitting holo from platform 4.
  • 4: Solo everything else. All enemies pulls are more or less easy if you go carefully.

That said, electricity room mechanics makes it hard to try with 3 players. I don’t think minis/clones/pets/minions will trigger platforms, and teleports won’t work since you need to have the 4 platforms active for at least 10 seconds. You can pull the holograms with skills like thiefs wire or you can fear them, but only if they are not stepping into or near platforms, since that makes them stuck.

Good luck.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

(edited by Elrey.5472)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Does this skip of the electricity room break the sequencing? Or does the dungeon just carry on at the next objective and does the end reward still get awarded? Even if you think its cheating. Its good to test these discoveries to be sure if they can actually be abused. Obviously it wont be worth doing if scripting breaks and you can no longer get the end reward.

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

Ok i’ll explain my thoughs in 2 parts.

• 1: There’s a skip after the end of the dungeon which can’t be used to exploit or get any reward since it’s actually after everything is done. That skip puts you out of the map and you can literally go to any of the other 3 paths, including the removed one. My friends and I were usually just wandering around and exploring, as shown in the recorded video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ7at9VdJ7g
    I guess it’s safe to post that since we never took adventage of it (Anet can check their logs if you want) and it doesn’t shows where it actually starts.
  • 2: Well, the skip I was talking about earlier in this post is done from Spur room and puts you in the same place as the video shows, you are out of the map and able to go anywhere around. We never tried because, of course, we didn’t want to get banned, but in theory you might be able to get to clockheart room skipping the electricity one.

Will the scripts that enable final boss fight works if you skip electricity puzzle? No idea, but the workaround to get to clockheart from the skip point is like 10 minutes long. Not worth it.

(Anet, feel free to edit this post to not shown problematic information if needed. Sorry, i’m not sure how much of what I said follows the forum rules or Terms of Agreement).

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

(edited by Elrey.5472)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

You havent shown how to do it so I wouldnt worry about it. Thanks for info anyway.

dlonie.6547

Thanks for the info. We ended up just pulling in a fourth to finish.

That video is awesome, so cool — makes me want to do some exploring

RIP TAFU

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

Does this skip of the electricity room break the sequencing? Or does the dungeon just carry on at the next objective and does the end reward still get awarded? Even if you think its cheating. Its good to test these discoveries to be sure if they can actually be abused. Obviously it wont be worth doing if scripting breaks and you can no longer get the end reward.

Doesn’t carry on as if they puzzle had been completed.

dlonie.6547

rrrrraaaaaaggggggeeeeee

So Lupi is skippable without breaking the dungeon, but this gimmicky nonsense isn’t?

Man. This dungeon would be way more enjoyable if we could low-man it. It’s such a pain to find people willing to run it.

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

What happens when you sploit to the boss room:

Nova [rT]

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

What happens when you sploit to the boss room:

Bahahahahahaha…

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Solo Ooze room (With condition damage + CC based build and moving 2 oozes on same path). I don’t suggest this, was a pain, it’s easier with just 2 players.

I’d … dunno.. cook an asura for you … for a video.

dlonie.6547

Ohhh….that’s a bad day right there.

I wonder if going back and finishing the skipped parts would have fixed it?

Still sucks that this path can’t be lowmanned due to a kittening gimmick.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

rrrrraaaaaaggggggeeeeee

So Lupi is skippable without breaking the dungeon, but this gimmicky nonsense isn’t?

Man. This dungeon would be way more enjoyable if we could low-man it. It’s such a pain to find people willing to run it.

Its a great dungeon. All dungeons should be designed to require the full 5 people. This forces everyone in the group to participate beyond killing things faster.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Posted by: NeoVaris.4806

NeoVaris.4806

rrrrraaaaaaggggggeeeeee

Its a great dungeon. All dungeons should be designed to require the full 5 people. This forces everyone in the group to participate beyond killing things faster.

Since when don’t you focus on killing things fast and using tactics to speed things up in a full party? oO

[HC]

(edited by NeoVaris.4806)

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

rrrrraaaaaaggggggeeeeee

And it promotes animosity when someone screws up, as well as preventing the creation of increased difficulty by low manning. Doesn’t seem worth it to me.

dlonie.6547

rrrrraaaaaaggggggeeeeee

If there was a fight with actual mechanics that required 5 people, I’d say “go for it!”.

But this is a gimmick. It’s a little “puzzle” where the only reason four people are required is because you need them to stand in one spot to get past a trivial bit of fluff. Every boss and mob in the dungeon can be easily handled by a lowman party. Being restricted because of a nonsense puzzle is obnoxious.

More generally, I disagree that full-party dungeons are a good thing. At the pace that ArenaNet puts out dungeon content (which is 0, at the moment….), full party runs are pretty boring. If we want challenge at this point, two years in, we solo/duo/trio so that we can actually feel like we’re doing something that isn’t completely mindless.