After MK chest, every single dungeon chest is irrelevant

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Grinding MK was great because for once the end chest had great loot. Now that MK is over i completely lost interest in every other dungeon because i know the only thing i’ll get is three blues and,,,,,,,,,,,nothing else. Any1 else feels the same? So, guess my question is, when are we getting our dungeons updated, on the 1st? And what about harder dungeons such as Arah/CoE? will they have higher chance of dropping exotics (after update) or its the same % across all dungeons?

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

Anyone else feel as if this was some kinda weird test to try out the new dungeon loot system? If so.

Please look at the massive amount of people actually doing the MK dungeon for loot and apply that to regular dungeons.

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

You mean you got loot from the MK chest aside from total crap? Lucky you. Some of us were not so fortunate. I got blues. I think I may have gotten 1 green.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

Posted by: ower.9143

ower.9143

I really hope it’s nothing like MK. MK was a kitteny kitten WoW dungeon, group up.. take 10 mins to complete.. run it 15 times. yawn.

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

I really hope it’s nothing like MK. MK was a kitteny kitten WoW dungeon, group up.. take 10 mins to complete.. run it 15 times. yawn.

In fairness, it was available for folks who were level 2… You can’t slap them with a Giganticus-tuned fight. They’ll feel totally punished and probably quit.

As for loot drops, I was not so lucky as you guys, but I did like the general boss mechanics (scarecrows, pumpkins, porting around so there’s a little jumping puzzleness to it).

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

before halloween event started it took me 599:39h to get my first exotic weapon drop. In MK alone i got over 25…

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

@Nuka

Last time I checked I was at least 450+ hours in. No exotic drops, and dungeons every single day from when I hit 80. (Probably at max 150-200 hours in just a random guess.)

Run MK – Boom exotic on my brother on 2nd run (was in same exotic boat I was in). I run it boom an exotic for me on 3rd run- roughly 6ish runs total. Yeah more chests need to be like that. Also got a Black Lion key too 0_o.

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

In my book the chest loot table is fine for most of the boss fights. Most encounters in this game are not very challenging, actually, most of them are pretty easy, and therefore the loot they give you is appropriate.

However, there are a few encounters – e.g Lupi – that would deserve a Mad-King-like loot table.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Posted by: ower.9143

ower.9143

@Bruno I understand that, and I wasn’t lucky at all. I only ran it once and found it too boring and easy. It was cool to see it from the Lore\story point of view but I had no interest in running it 50 times. But it seems like people were extremly lucky or got jack squat.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I do many dungeons per day and the chest drops have always been lackluster although I have heard they are changing these? In the course of my dungeon running time ( i have 800+ hours on the account and all I ever do is dungeons) I have actually found one exotic – Magmaton in CoF which quite startled me… this was early on ( I must have had around 300 hours logged) and of course never to be repeated.

I did 14 hours straight of back to back runs of MK runs all the way up till 9AM. Never saw a halloween skin or golden halloween item for me, but I did see I think roughly 4 exotics in that time. For 14 hours I’m not sure how I feel about this because I could have made more money doing GW2 regular dungeons back to back for the simple fact that they give 26 silver + Boss silver at the end within the time span of 14 hours. So i hope if they do decide to put MK-style chests in dungeons, it’s a good idea, but keep the silver also!

My other question I think is – RNG. -Mechanics of this- I want to know everything there is to know about RNG that dictates drops from chests. I’m not sure if repeated back to back runs somehow triggered a chest DR or what. But I saw many halloween theme exotics drop for people around me ( especially the mad moon it seemed) who had been in the dungeon for significantly less amount of time (usually it was thier 3rd run or so, quite early in their runs). In fact one lucky guy got two mad moon shields back to back in his first 5 runs.
I want to know if Magic Find affects the Chest, if anyone has an answer on that I’d appreciate it, I cant find it anywhere >_< I have invested in a MF armor set and am wondering if it’s worth wearing at the end of my regular dungeons before I open the chest to affect the loot. if i was to base it off my MK runs (I wore MF set+food whole time) I would say probably no, although i feel it certainly affected the drops from mobs in the instance, got a ton more bones.

I want to know if some characters are more lucky than others due to some predetermined number at their creation, if it’s account based, or if it really is just pure, unadulterated Random Number Generation. Sometimes I feel like the game hates me, but it may just be me. I am too scared at this point to approach the mystic forge XD.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

I saw a dev post earlier confirming that MF only affects loot from slain foes, and the effect is calculated at the time the kill is made. Chests of any form are unaffected—they are just random loot within the parameters of the specific chest.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

swiftpaw.6397

’ saw a dev post earlier confirming that MF only affects loot from slain foes, and the effect is calculated at the time the kill is made. Chests of any form are unaffected—they are just random loot within the parameters of the specific chest.’ -fily

Oh ok thankyou, I will not waste my time on it in future, I think i will have to go out and learn the cursed shore farm and put that set to good use. :P

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Harder paths should definitely have their drop tables simplified to reward NOTHING but 1 or 2 good drops. And easier paths can keep rewarding a buncha green crud/tonics since new players usually accept quantity over quality.

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

i hope it wasnt a test for new loot, because quite frankly it’s just as terrible as it is now.

the drop rate for anything above greens was still terrible, you only seen a massive influx of rare drops because the dungeon could be cleared VERY quickly & almost everyone was farming it causing the TP to be littered with said rare items.

theres nothing great about a system that rewards 5% of the people that use it for no reason other than getting lucky, im not running something 50 times for a chance at an item when someone can run it once and get it because they got lucky on the RNG roll.

Effort in should directly translate to Reward out which means the dungeons need to be harder or implement a hard mode to compensate for the increased reward.

i understand the MK dungeon was a holiday themed one fit for all levels, but this post goes out towards the normal Dungeons that should be hard in the first place.

Posted by: PuffyWiggles.2180

PuffyWiggles.2180

It is like gambling. Sure it isn’t always fair, but it is fun and addicting because everyone has a chance to win, but not everyone does. Its addicting man.

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

dungeons must give better rewards.

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

Posted by: Varientex.5806

Varientex.5806

In comparison to the MK chest, I strongly agree that dungeon chests are, quite frankly, useless. I love running dungeons, but the chests are simply not a big attraction like they were in MK, and GW1 as well. This is just my opinion, however.

On a side note, which may be irrelevant, i only run these dungeons solely for the tokens they grant you after completion – for gear. So I would love for dungeon chests to be better so i can continue doing these dungeon runs that I have so much fun with.

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

I hardly went into MK and have only done 1 dungeon once, AC story for someone (still at level 23 story for myself) but the way I see it, I think it’s designed for the tokens. Tokens are the exotics you are working for. I myself need to get into CoE parties now because I want the exotic shoulders from it. I really do hope they add more incentives such as soulbind on acquired gear with custom skins that you can’t get anywhere else and increase its drop rate or more frustrations ahead for token farmers.

swiftpaw.6397

I hardly went into MK and have only done 1 dungeon once, AC story for someone (still at level 23 story for myself) but the way I see it, I think it’s designed for the tokens. Tokens are the exotics you are working for. I myself need to get into CoE parties now because I want the exotic shoulders from it. I really do hope they add more incentives such as soulbind on acquired gear with custom skins that you can’t get anywhere else and increase its drop rate or more frustrations ahead for token farmers.

Yes my only issue with it is that I have all the tokens I could ever dream of and now have trouble finding motivation to do those dungeons again. More skins would be great, I wonder what will happen on November 15 update