Agony Infusions

Agony Infusions

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Esreyr.6304

Esreyr.6304

Alright. I have an Ascended Infused Ring. 1st slot has a “versatile simple infusion (+5 AR)”. I bought another VSI and tried to socket it. It just overwrote. How can I get another +5 AR into the 2nd slot? If not what can go into that 2nd slot. I’m at 20 AR and I’m after 5 more so I can start doing higher level fractals.

P.S. ANet if you want to work on New Player Experience why not simplify the process of getting decked out with proper AR?

Agony Infusions

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

If I recall correctly since the change over. You can only use the Versatile for the first slot. You have to build up the rest from the infusion drops to place it in the second slot.

I have yet to try it since I have fully ascended armor weapons and trinkets with the versatiles in them.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agony_Infusion

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Agony Infusions

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

The upgrades that go into the Infused slot are the +1s that you can combine to make higher levels.

Agony Infusions

Posted by: Esreyr.6304

Esreyr.6304

Thanks for the help.

Agony Infusions

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

The upgrades that go into the Infused slot are the +1s that you can combine to make higher levels.

Naw those are the same as versatile.

You can combine those up but realistically I wouldn’t go over 10 or so.

The “defense” and “offense” slots are where you slot either WvW infusions (no AR) or things like Fine version of “Mighty Infusion” http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mighty_Infusion

I keep a bank set with rings/back infused with 10s from the combined versions and the +5 power and +5 Vitality (10 total power and +5 vit), for a total of +15 ar on each for 45 just from those 3 slots. (then I have trinkets and neck as well for another +15 totaling +60 I can swap to any character, needing only weapons to fill the +70)

EDIT: on second thought my details may be a little off. Either way you can use the combined ones in Rings/back, but to fill both slots in them you do need the “Mighty Infusion” types.

(edited by Jerus.4350)

Agony Infusions

Enko.6123

Jerus, those are not the same as versatile. Versatile are Omni infusions which go in offensive, defensive, or utility slots hence why they’re called Versatile. The extra slot you get from infusing rings or amulets is called Agony Infusion Slot and you put the +1s that you can combine into higher levels into those.

The 5 AR/5 stat infusions are Offensive, Defensive, or Omni Infusions depending on stat or how you made it. These go into the corresponding slots.

Agony Infusions

Jerus.4350

Hmm So you can put +5 versatile and a +10 in an infused ring? god, why did I spend so much? lol oops.

Agony Infusions

Enko.6123

http://i.imgur.com/HBFsX62.jpg

Yeah. Currently there’s not really a need to have any infusions in your Agony Infusion Slot as if you have full ascended, full weapons, and accessories, it equals 70AR.

If you do the underwater fractal, you’ll need one infused ring or amulet with a +5 in one of the slots since there’s on ascended underwater mask. This is also true for the people who can’t fight Mossman and fight him in the water.

If the pattern for agony increases continues in HoT where we’ll hopefully get higher fractal levels, you’ll need 85AR for a 60, 100AR for a 70, etc (+15AR every 10 levels).
So far a 60, you’ll need +5s in each of them. For a 70, you’ll need +10s in each of them. Beyond that is when it starts getting really expensive. so hopefully Anet will have a solution like +10AR omni infusions or something similar.

Agony Infusions

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Hmm So you can put +5 versatile and a +10 in an infused ring? god, why did I spend so much? lol oops.

ouch

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Agony Infusions

Jerus.4350

ouch

:D ohh well! at least I know now. I really should have asked, but I relied on my misinterpretations from the wiki.

Thanks Enko

Agony Infusions

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

I remember the days when infused rings came with 5 ar allready in.

Agony Infusions

Posted by: Crystallize.8603

Crystallize.8603

I remember the days when infused rings came with 5 ar allready in.

Me too.

Red Ring of Death (Infused)

Offensive Infusion Slot
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infusion

Agony Infusion Slot
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agony_Infusion

Can mods please stop locking threads that are constructive.
Just delete posts that are derailments.

Agony Infusions

Posted by: Valkyrie.1794

Valkyrie.1794

I really wish they would at least change the names on the non-account bound infusions so it’s easier to explain to people. I spent about 20 minutes on the wiki looking back and forth, taking notes, and then trying in game before I had it completely nailed down. Armor takes versatile, not the non-account bound infusions. Rings take versatile until you infuse them, then you can put in the non-account bound infusions. Backpieces are the same, and so on. It took me a while to figure out, and it can be confusing.

Meanwhile, about the new player experience… my new ele just wants earth attunement already, darnit!

Agony Infusions

Enko.6123

There are four type of infusion slots: defensive, offensive, utility and agony infusion slots.

Armor have defensive infusion slots.
Weapons have offensive infusion slots.
Backpieces have a offensive infusion slot or defensive infusion slot depending on which one you get.
Amulets have a utility infusion slot, a offensive infusion slot, or a defensive infusion slot depending on which one you get.
For rings, there is one with a defensive infusion slot and one with an offensive infusion slot per stat type.
For accessories, there is one with a defensive infusion slot and one with an offensive infusion slot per stat type.

Backpieces and rings can be infused which give it an agony infusion slot in addition to the offensive/defensive slot they had before.

Offensive infusion slots can take omni infusions or offensive infusions.
Defensive infusion slots can take omni infusions or defensive infusions.
Utility infusion slots can take omni infusions or utility infusions.
Agony infusion slots can take agony infusions.

Omni infusions consist of the +5 Versatile Simple (75 fractals) and the +5 stat infusions with AR called Versatile [stat type] (Mystic Forge recipes).

Offensive infusions consist of Mighty, Malign, or Precise Infusions.

Defensive infusions consist of Healing, Resilient, and Vital Infusions.

Utility infusions consist of Gilded (20% gold from kills), Magical (20% MF), Experienced (20% XP from kills), and Karmic (15% karma).

Agony infusions are the +1s that drop from each fractal boss chest that can be combined with an Artificer into the increasing AR levels.