Agony = Poison?

Agony = Poison?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Palinois.1064

Palinois.1064

I was in fractals today shouting away on my warrior to heal people, it usually tics for around 2k but when we all had agony I noticed it was only healing for 1k.

So my question for everyone is does agony work like poison in the sense that it reduces heal effectiveness? I looked at the wiki for agony and it says nothing on this matter.

Agony = Poison?

Posted by: Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Think its more then that, its almost like the agony bugs out heals completly at sometimes..

I’ve lost of how many times I’ve used my guardian signet heal only to not heal a single hp, even in tiers i only take 1% AR dmg.

Personally think there is some bug there..

Agony = Poison?

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

I was thinking it was bugged too but it could be a technicality. The agony eats a percent of HP so depending on what order the game checks the damage in, could it be right? On 10 FotM with 25 AR, sometimes my heal barley does anything when i have agony debuff at maw. I wait for it to be over now but in harder fractals i want to be able to heal ASAP and not worry if i waste it

edit: also could have something to do with a partial way to keep people from going to high in level fractals (i.e. just healing at jade maw through agony). the heal not working could be part of the mechanics in place to block people from progressing too far yet

Agony = Poison?

Posted by: Sanel.5603

Sanel.5603

I think that it work as posion, my heals while under agony is reduced by a lot.

Agony = Poison?

Posted by: Ozymandias.3942

Ozymandias.3942

Agony is actually MORE effective at stopping healing than poison is. Poison reduces healing by 33%, while agony reduces it by 50%.

Agony = Poison?

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

I feel the same way, it felt like when i try to survive maw’s agony, my signet of resolve can only compensate for 1-2 ticks at lvl 10

Oceanic [LOD]

Agony = Poison?

Posted by: pdfrod.1948

pdfrod.1948

Wiki does speak about, just in the wrong section http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Solid_Ocean_Fractal

Agony = Poison?

Posted by: Palinois.1064

Palinois.1064

That is not fun, condition that takes % of your health and you cant even heal it back. . . . .

Would rather have poison on top of agony, that way you can atleast remove the poison to heal.