Agony Resistance Setup

Agony Resistance Setup

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Dersce.8072

Dersce.8072

Assuming you have 16 slots(not sure is aquabreather and water weapons count if not weilded), what is the best set-up for Agony resistance? In addition, is it ultimately better to get basic or Stat infused infusions?

Trying to get past level 20 Fractals and want to know the most cost efficient/effective setup to use.

Thanks in advance.

“I’m too drunk to taste this chicken” ~Colonel Sanders

Agony Resistance Setup

Posted by: skarpak.8594

skarpak.8594

first off, you have 18 slots.
6 on armor
2 on weapons
10 on trinkets (3 per ring, 2 on backpiece and 1 per earring)

you have some ways to reach it. in case you want to use the item tear of alba wich grants 10 ar, you can simply use 4x +7 and 14x +8 (=140 ar).

second option is 6x +9 and 12x +8 (=150 ar).

for the +5 stat infusion, you need to use +7 and +9 infusions, since there are no +8 infusions with +5 stat.
means you need 6x +7 +5 and 12x +9 +5 to reach 150 ar.

in case you are not doing any record runs / low manning raids and you are not interested in min maxing or generally you don’t have the urge to have max. stats and also not the gold for it, there is no point in getting those infusions.
you get +90 power (or whetever stat you choose) through it, it can be worth it, depending on how you play and with whom you play. you alone won’t make a big difference, but the more people there are, the better it gets.

just for the record, these are the materials you need to eqip one character with +5 stat infusions:

36 +9AR infusions
18 +7AR infusions (total 10368 +1AR and 154g)
3000 stabilizing matrixes (~1050g atm)
4500 fractal relics

(edited by skarpak.8594)

Agony Resistance Setup

Posted by: Dersce.8072

Dersce.8072

Thanks for your response. Much appreciated.

“I’m too drunk to taste this chicken” ~Colonel Sanders

Agony Resistance Setup

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

And by the way, don’t bother with breather and underwater weapons. The only fractal where you use them is just level 7x, so you’ll comfortably reach the AR threshold when your normal gear is ready for the other T4 fractals.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Agony Resistance Setup

Posted by: hornswroggle.8023

hornswroggle.8023

And by the way, don’t bother with breather and underwater weapons. The only fractal where you use them is just level 7x, so you’ll comfortably reach the AR threshold when your normal gear is ready for the other T4 fractals.

Highest Underwater Ruins Fractal is 76 (Lowest T4 Fractal) having an AR rating of only 107.
Assuming you have +9 on all slots discounting your weapon and helmet takes you to 141 (9×18 = 162-21 = 141) you have a lot of leeway.
You should never need Ascended Underwater equipment.

Agony Resistance Setup

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I change weapons a lot, so I find not putting the infusions on weapons to be helpful.

I have 2 3-slot rings with +10s in them, and +9s in every other slot to hit 150.

Agony Resistance Setup

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

I change weapons a lot, so I find not putting the infusions on weapons to be helpful.

ascended weps are not that costly to acquire, to craft them it about 50g and there’s also elite collections whereupon can save up to half that.

only reason to not have them is laziness.

even using +7 infusions in each set to be cheap will get u +14AR from wep set alone.

it’s worth mentioning that when using infinite mist pots, AR past 150 does still count

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Agony Resistance Setup

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

If you also play wvw and use wvw infusions on ascended gear I have found that an efficient way to setup without needing two entire duplicate sets of ascended gear is:

Weapons – wvw infusions
Head/Breather – wvw infusion

1. Shoulders/Chest/Gloves/Legs/Boots – wvw infusions
2. Shoulders/Chest/Gloves/Legs/Boots – 5 x +10 AR infusions (= +50 AR)

1. Amulet/Rings/Accessories – wvw infusions
2. Amulet/Rings/Accessories – 10 x +10 AR infusions (= +100 AR)

This is of course assuming two sets of attuned/infused rings and infused backpiece.

This way I only need 10 inventory slots for duplicate gear and can leave weapons and headpiece equipped.

Of course this only works if your gear stats and armour runes are suitable for use in both game modes – otherwise it is better to duplicate everything for a completely different set of stats. It just so happens for me that the stats I use are also ok for T4 fractals.