Agony resist

Agony resist

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: HollowDean.5134

HollowDean.5134

Hi! I have a question regarding AR. My armor is still exotic (too lazy for ascended), except for all my trinkets, they’re all ascended. My question is, how much AR can I have in my trinkets (with & without infused).

Agony resist

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Depends on how much money you wish to spend, and how high level fractal you are at.

Personally, I still have exotic armor as well still, and have 82 AR. And this has been purely without manually infusing any rings.

One thing that will help you greatly is to level up your Fractal Mastery, it gives you a bonus reward chest so you can have a chance at getting some more ascended rings that are possibly Infused (higher level chests)

Then use 75 relics to buy the +5 infusions and put them into any ascended trinks and weapons you have. This would give you a base of 40 AR if you have 2 in your weapon(s), and 6 in your trinkets.

You can later turn those +5 ones into +7 ones if you so desire, by using the Mastery vendor.

Then use the mastery vendor (if you have it) to buy Agonized Essence, (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agonized_Essence) which let’s you easily add another infusion slot to your ascended rings.

Once you start running medium/high level fractals you will start getting infused rings as drops that you can further augment your AR.

My current no-armor setup is:

Weapon: + 5 (2)
Back: + 5, + 10 (infused)
Rings: + 5 (2), + 11 (2), + 10 (1) -2 rings Attuned, 1 ring Infused-
Trinkets: + 5 (2)

I would highly recommend going for ascended weaponry, they provide the most stat boost from going Ascended, and give 2 basic infusion slots.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Agony resist

Posted by: HollowDean.5134

HollowDean.5134

Ty for your answer. I’ll take a look. I currently have 29 AR in I can go to lvl 40 fotm.

Agony resist

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

with 29 AR, you will be taking a bit of damage from Agony at 40, but nothing massive, but you will really want to get more so just in case you do die, you don’t want to disadvantage your team by them having to res you over and over :P

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Agony resist

Posted by: SirPrizeBartSachs.4670

SirPrizeBartSachs.4670

Base minimum from trinkets is 42 AR. If you infuse your rings with two +10 AR infusions (7g 64s each) you can get 62 AR.

You can further attune your rings (same as infusing them, except using a different recipe) with two more +10 AR infusions to get 82 AR.

This is with full exotic armor and weapons. Are you looking to just get enough AR to reach a specific scale? Or going as high as your AR would allow?

Agony resist

Posted by: Logen.1403

Logen.1403

If an infused ring drops, can I infuse it again manually?

Agony resist

Posted by: Jacob.4280

Jacob.4280

no you cant infuse an infused ring, you can attune it to get the second infusion slot.

Agony resist

Posted by: Logen.1403

Logen.1403

And the end result will be 3 infusion slots?

Agony resist

Posted by: Jacob.4280

Jacob.4280

ascended ring – 1 utility/def/off infusion (max +7 AR)
ascended ring (infused) – 1 utility/def/off infusion + 1 regular infusion (max +37 AR)
attuned ascended ring (infused) – 1 utility/def/off infusion + 2 regular infusions (max +67 AR)

(edited by Jacob.4280)