Am I missing something...?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Haturz.7526

Haturz.7526

I was doing a run of TA was in a party of two thieves, and engineer, a 61 mesmer and me (guardian).
We wipe on the greater wurm and one of thieves blame it on me for not sceptoring the aggro? I’m using the greatsword on the greater wurm like i usually do and have never had a problem with it till now.
Is there some role i’m supposed to do that i’ve never been aware of that has just recently come up?

Posted by: Warzaw.2708

Warzaw.2708

I wouldn’t mind it too much, if you prefer using the GS then that’s up to you.

In my opinion, some players get the mindset that everyone has to play the same way instead of what’s fun for the player in question. If they don’t like how you want to play, then they’re better off leaving for another group.

BREAK YOURSELVES UPON MY BODY
FEEL THE STRENGTH OF THE EARTH
Vicodium – Ranger (IX) Coldsnap

Posted by: bitterjo.1695

bitterjo.1695

I run my Guard on sword/focus and GS at vines. In an experienced party the ppl who melee stack on vines, and those who range stand behind the ramp or perch on a high spot where no vines can hit them. This way there will be ZERO aoe rings.

In the vines’ area, they tend to target the ranged. If you suddenly see a lot of circles it means someone’s trying to kite them. To which I’d usually reply ‘They got no legs, bro.’ The problem with thieves is that their class has only 900 range. They CAN stack on you (and live longer with you giving them boons) but they melt if a single circle hits them.

So they expect you to scepter camp and take aggro off them. I’d just ignore them.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

There’s another way to do this which involves everyone meleeing and no ranged shenanigans ;D

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

There’s another way to do this which involves everyone meleeing and no ranged shenanigans ;D

When a pug group usually does that with me they all end up dieing leaving me to solo the last 25% of the wurms hp. :<

Posted by: bitterjo.1695

bitterjo.1695

Yeah, only if they’d listen…usually I get kiting thieves, necros or mesmers for some weird reason.