Anet - Raids - I feel sick

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

Right now I’m sad, frustrated and feeling physically sick.

But first I have a few questions to ask you Anet. Are raids working the way you said? Is every class getting a fair shake at raids? Can you get straight in without having to wait for a Healer or a Tank or whatever? Looking at the LFG I would say not. What are you going to do about it? Is your “we will be more open in communication this year” going to provide us with this information?

All I want to do is do raids. But every time I try I can’t get past VG. Either I suck from ping, the group I’m in implodes or something else happens.

I joined a Raid Guild. 3 weeks later I got kicked, no explanation why just gone, (I believe it was because I hadn’t been in the raid team for a week due to life and the guild timezone difference). I’ve joined 2 big Guilds that do raids. None of them are at my time. I joined a guild in my timezone. Haven’t seen a raid run even once. I asked to BUY a raid. That failed too.

I am really upset at the moment. I have since launch of HoT made it 1 time to Gors. That’s all, 1 time. I am not a lightweight player I have played since launch. I haven’t missed even one day of playing. I have over 23,000+ AP.

I think I’m going to the toilet now to be sick.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Whoa, take a step back from the computer and get some perspective on your life, lol.

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

what do you mean by get some perspective on your life? be nice or dont post any comment at all. you arent helping and comments obviously not friendly either.

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Posted by: LegACy.1296

LegACy.1296

All I want to do is do raids. But every time I try I can’t get past VG. Either I suck from ping, the group I’m in implodes or something else happens.

Uhh, how is this, in any way, ArenaNet’s fault? Or maybe I should blame ArenaNet as well whenever a boss on Dragon’s Stand resets?

I joined a Raid Guild. 3 weeks later I got kicked, no explanation why just gone, (I believe it was because I hadn’t been in the raid team for a week due to life and the guild timezone difference). I’ve joined 2 big Guilds that do raids. None of them are at my time. I joined a guild in my timezone. Haven’t seen a raid run even once. I asked to BUY a raid. That failed too.

So again, how is this ArenaNet’s fault?

Here’s my story:
In the first week or 2, I had a raiding guild, but then they stopped doing it for various reason (mainly because the leader is absent). So I looked for another guild, however, none of these guilds I’m joining are raiding, so I just do raid with pug for 2 months straight.

Last week I fortunately joined a small guild who actually raids almost everyday! The bad news? They’re raiding at 1:30 AM my local time. But I liked the people, so I just took a small nap every night and wake up at 1 AM to do some raid before going to sleep again. (and TBH, years ago, I used to do daily Tequatl at this hour too, living at SEA is hard man =p)

Moral of the story? If you want something, go after it, everything is in your hands.

Firebird Gomer.9563

Whoa, take a step back from the computer and get some perspective on your life, lol.

No No…. Real life takes precedence.

Firebird Gomer.9563

Uhh, how is this, in any way, ArenaNet’s fault? Or maybe I should blame ArenaNet as well whenever a boss on Dragon’s Stand resets?

Here’s my story:
In the first week or 2, I had a raiding guild, but then they stopped doing it for various reason (mainly because the leader is absent). So I looked for another guild, however, none of these guilds I’m joining are raiding, so I just do raid with pug for 2 months straight.

Last week I fortunately joined a small guild who actually raids almost everyday! The bad news? They’re raiding at 1:30 AM my local time. But I liked the people, so I just took a small nap every night and wake up at 1 AM to do some raid before going to sleep again. (and TBH, years ago, I used to do daily Tequatl at this hour too, living at SEA is hard man =p)

Moral of the story? If you want something, go after it, everything is in your hands.

Did I blame Anet somewhere? I did ask if Raids are going the way they said they wanted. And that to me via the LFG it didn’t seem that way. I maybe should say I am bad luck it seems in Raids.

I am not sure if you have read my post properly I have tried many things indeed to get it done. I even tried to buy my way through. That failed too. But it seems to me to not be my lot in this to be lucky.

I am allowed to speak of my frustration. Am I not? I’ve probably spent close to $6000 in Gems since launch in support of Anet if not more. I say this not to make it seem like I have a right to complain but to show that even when Anet do something to rage at I still support them.

As for joining a Raid team that does them. This I also did. They do raids at 3 am my time. I have 3 children. This I cannot do, tho I did try one night. It failed. My wife was also annoyed at me.

(edited by Firebird Gomer.9563)

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Ok, so sorry if I came across as rash or harsh with what I said. Let me clarify:

You paid money to play this game. You may want it to be many things, but at the end of the day, GW2 is GW2. What you bought is what you bought. Ask yourself why you bought this game. If you are like most people, you bought it for the enjoyment, for the sense of achievement, for the sense of exploration, for the empowerment that comes from playing an avatar that blows things up at a whim, etc.

However, if this game is making you so upset that you’re feeling physically sick, you may do well to ask yourself if this is still an experience you would pay for.

That doesn’t mean that you should quit at the first sign of a bad experience, but you may want to adjust your expectations and your aims so that you handle this game in a way so that you gain all of those great things you wanted when you tossed down your credit card info, but don’t lose yourself so that you start getting hurt from a game world.

And if you haven’t missed a single day of playing and have played so much that you have 23k AP, you may not really be giving real life precedence. I’m not saying that you skipped your mother’s funeral to get your daily or anything. Hell, maybe you do have a lifestyle with enough free time to play every single day and get all those achievements. However, there may be other things outside this game that may be good for you so that when something goes wrong with this game, you can shrug it off and move on instead of feeling physically sick.

Talindra.4958

Fire, one advice if it helps. just dont think about it, theres plenty of other things we can do in the game. just step away and take what it comes. my husband and i plays in EU and we are oceanic players, hving average ping 400 and sometimes 600, we raid twice a week (approximately 3 to 4 hours per week) Monday and Saturday, whatever we can get from the raid we leave it as tht. This week we only managed to get VG done. last last week we got both vg and gorse within first 40 mins. but last week we had disaster. :P
Also we have two children one is 8 months old, one is 5, so we cant really play a lot. and our play time is EU morning when everyone either go to work or sleep. I am glad that we have a big bunch of people that willing to come and help us whenever we are forming to me its not about getting a full run but its about doing what we can at best. people that comes to help us, they either cleared the entire wing already or maxed their shard. so there are nice ppl out there, I just learnt to take it easy as times goes. you know the song, let it go, let it go :P
we basically almost giving up trying. just do what we can.

btw, thanks for fixing the glider, its amazing we can fly like others now, the ping hurt us so much in raids. u hv to be in my shoe to know how frustrating it is.

Australia

Firebird Gomer.9563

I did forget to mention for about 1 and a half months I didn’t even step into HoT after I got all but 2 of my HoT Masteries. I hate the maps. So convoluted and quite annoying trying to figure out where to go at first. I just started them again so I could finish maxxing my Masteries there which I did this week. I don’t mind the meta’s in HoT just found AB and TD painful to navigate.

So I did more of Fractal’s and other things during that Month and a Half break from HoT. Tho I will say I did still try to get into Raids.

Ahhh the joys of Let it go…. Think about that song just after someone has farted…. It brings a whole new aspect to the song!

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

If you really want to raid then find a guild that raids don’t use LFG in order to look for randoms. While this does work for some people you’ll be better off with a guild you can steadily play with.

Posted by: LegACy.1296

LegACy.1296

snip

Did I blame Anet somewhere? I did ask if Raids are going the way they said they wanted. And that to me via the LFG it didn’t seem that way. I maybe should say I am bad luck it seems in Raids.

I am not sure if you have read my post properly I have tried many things indeed to get it done. I even tried to buy my way through. That failed too. But it seems to me to not be my lot in this to be lucky.

I am allowed to speak of my frustration. Am I not? I’ve probably spent close to $6000 in Gems since launch in support of Anet if not more. I say this not to make it seem like I have a right to complain but to show that even when Anet do something to rage at I still support them.

As for joining a Raid team that does them. This I also did. They do raids at 3 am my time. I have 3 children. This I cannot do, tho I did try one night. It failed. My wife was also annoyed at me.

Fair enough, since you started the post by saying stuff to anet I had assumed you’re complaining and blaming them for your raiding situation. For that I apologize.

That said, I’m still not sure what you’re asking for. You mentioned about having all classes have a chance for raiding and about having to wait for healers and tank. While I agree ArenaNet needs to improve these stuff, I’m not sure how that would improve your situation since you don’t seem to have any problem in those areas =/

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

6000$ in 41 months of GW2 makes roughly 150$ each month for a freaking video game. Why would one pay that much money for a game that’s hardly playable in his region anyway?
Sorry, but this sounds very unlikely to me, so I’ll file this topic in the “Can’t finish raid and it’s everybody elses fault” drawer.

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Posted by: Raizen.7981

Raizen.7981

OP you face the same problem as any old gw2 player. The kittenedly dumbed down pve made you accustomed to faceroll content, so naturally, raids(which from dumbed down content are at a medium difficulty tier) seem impossible to you. Don’t worry, getting practice will do miracles. But don’t expect big steps, it will take some time before you ascend from a complete noob to a decent player. Again, no insults intended, thousands of players are in the same spot as you are. For me, coming down from games like rift and wow, where raiding meant best gear and a lot of skill, I hopped onto a random pug and destroyed vg and gorse, after reading the wiki for about 15 minutes. Now I’m in a raiding guild and raids are total faceroll. And my first attempt was with 2 venomshare thieves, i was in full exotic, and i totally think that you can raid playing any class.

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Copy system from last Queen Gauntlet – remove enrage timer and introduce gold-silver-bronze reward timer instead, with less % drops for each tier lower.
Bam, raids fixed.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

Copy system from last Queen Gauntlet – remove enrage timer and introduce gold-silver-bronze reward timer instead, with less % drops for each tier lower.
Bam, raids fixed.

if i remember correctly the gauntlet was even worse for people that hate timers with passion, the bosses in the gauntlet despawned immediately if the timer ran out
you can still kill the raid bosses after the timer expires, it just gets harder

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

The issue with raids are people, not the content itself, learning VG and Gorseval is easy, Sabetha is the only hard stuff because of the mechanics that doesn’t synergize well with the game (10 people, you can’t see stuff, and you have to pay attention to the boss and the bombs on you).

Also the fact that people are being rude by asking you insights or other stuff, a terrible check btw because I could have over 15+ insights by doing VG and Gorseval only, and ascended armor is too expensive, weapons/trinkets are manageable with collections and fractals but armor is lame and useless, that should be a bonus, not mandatory.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Right now I’m sad, frustrated and feeling physically sick.

But first I have a few questions to ask you Anet. Are raids working the way you said? Is every class getting a fair shake at raids? Can you get straight in without having to wait for a Healer or a Tank or whatever? Looking at the LFG I would say not. What are you going to do about it? Is your “we will be more open in communication this year” going to provide us with this information?

I am really upset at the moment. I have since launch of HoT made it 1 time to Gors. That’s all, 1 time. I am not a lightweight player I have played since launch. I haven’t missed even one day of playing. I have over 23,000+ AP.

I think I’m going to the toilet now to be sick.

I really hate it when people go over the top with things.
I get that you’re sad or frustrated – but how exactly are you physically sick?
Aren’t you exaggerating a bit?

Your problem is that you’re trying to raid via the LFG – which is the wrong way to go about it.
If you want to raid – you have to make or find a regular team, train together and basically get better together.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Here’s my story:

Wife+Kids don’t mix well with video games – especially hardcore content.
Sorry to say it but you’ve got to pick – can’t have it all in life can you?

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Raids are hard in a sense that u need 10 good ppl. Once u got that all u need is to set up a time every week where u do em, a decent run shouldnt take more than 2 hrs, ive been doing that for weeks and it feels casual to me, and thats how it should be once u nail it all down.
Raids feels harder if u dont have this privelige, so i understand why many feels frustrated and left out. However they can do something about it, its just a new type of challenge they havent overcome before.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Raizen.7981

Raids are hard in a sense that u need 10 good ppl. Once u got that all u need is to set up a time every week where u do em, a decent run shouldnt take more than 2 hrs, ive been doing that for weeks and it feels casual to me, and thats how it should be once u nail it all down.
Raids feels harder if u dont have this privelige, so i understand why many feels frustrated and left out. However they can do something about it, its just a new type of challenge they havent overcome before.

No. You don’t need 10 good people. You need 10 people that can follow basic instructions and be in exotic gear. 10 good people is overkill

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Like someone else said, raid ain’t the problem. It’s people. They are not bad people, they just want to give themselves the best chance they can so they ask for meta profession even if they need too, they ask for full ascended armor, even if they don’t need it, they ask for insight, even if they don’t need it. But that way they give themselves a little bit more chance to complete the raid with less problem. I get it, I have a raid group, but we get new people for the guild from time to time and it’s exhausting when you train on a boss and suddenly you can’t do anymore because one of two people just ain’t cut for it. It was frustrating to me event if some of these people were my friends and guildmate so Imagine when they are stranger. You can’t make 100% sure that they gonna be good, but you take the step you can on the stuff you can control when you LFG.

And for your guild, well there is two explanation. You weren’t really implicated. If you join a raid guild a week when you have a lot to do and don’t show up at all online during that first week, I can understand why some people would kick you. If you we just never talked to the leader. Being proactive is usually the way to go with guild in general. Or they have their weird reason that only them know about. Someone the personality don’t match. I kick people from my raid group for that. We are here to have fun and it can take time to complete a raid and frustrating so better be with people with matching personality. Or it could be a simple mistake. Did you talked to them after? Ask why?

That said. There is a couple of things that they could and should do to raid to improve the situation. IMO the raid themselves are great, but we could use some improvement around them.

- Raid Lobby with some vendor, repair station, a tp and a bank. That way people don’t accumulate in front of the raid, have a place to meet new raider, easier to form a squad with pugs, and we can get out of the raid and have access to the minimum for food and gear.

- LFG should have a dedicated spot for raid. Obvious and I don’t know why it’s not done yet.

- LFG should work with squad. It’s stupid to form a party to recruit pugs and then get them into the squad.

- Fix the problem when starting a raid with people that already finish the raid in the squad. When we do a 2nd raid during the week with some people that didn’t do it that week we need to send one of them in the raid to start it and then form the squad. If they go in first already in the squad, often we enter an instance with all 3 bosses dead so we need to disband and do it all over again. It’s annoying with my guild group, I can’t imagine with pugs.

- That’s a big one, but a balance patch to make more diversity in build. Thief and Guardian have little place compare to other profession. But not only that. Forget about coming in raid with a ranger that is not a druid healer or coming as the healer with something else than a Druid or Tempest. Some profession are just too good compared to others and some profession just don’t have enough diversity. We have 4 type of build for raids. Tank, Condi, Direct Damage and Healer. Each profession should have 2 good choice for raids.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: ThyShadowPaladin.9521

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

Man, all the typical BS in forums people bashing on someone.

OP you play in [NA] servers? I’ll take you through raids.

nacario.9417

No. You don’t need 10 good people. You need 10 people that can follow basic instructions and be in exotic gear. 10 good people is overkill

Its not just about basic instructions, things are heated during battle, several things happens at once and people need to sometimes multitask. If u consider the average gw2 player then yes the standard is ‘good’. The raids are easy for me as i consider myself a good player, but i am also priveliged as i have 9 other good people with me. Basic instructions, but being able to implement that into real play with variables is something more.

If one cant see beyond that then one should broaden their perspective.

Power Ranger PvP

Raizen.7981

Its not just about basic instructions, things are heated during battle, several things happens at once and people need to sometimes multitask. If u consider the average gw2 player then yes the standard is ‘good’. The raids are easy for me as i consider myself a good player, but i am also priveliged as i have 9 other good people with me. Basic instructions, but being able to implement that into real play with variables is something more.

If one cant see beyond that then one should broaden their perspective.

I just finished a boredom VG pug. We beat it the 4th attempt. 3 people never raided before, after the first attempt they told us they didn’t knew any mechanics and we took 2 minutes to explain the fight. Most people in raid were in exotics. We finished with 2:40 on the clock. Raids aren’t about one being good, raids are about one not being mentally challenged.

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Vale is the easy boss, if you have the new players just dpsing the boss and not having to worry about the green circles, there is little they really need to do than attack vale. Since his enrage timer is so lenient, they can do pretty bad DPS and still have plenty of time to spare. Everything depends on the green circle team and the tank/healer. And if the CC is good enough and the tank maneuvers Vale well enough, then all the green circles will be extremely easy to make it to. Plus just because someone is new to the raid, it doesn’t mean they’re an “average” player. I don’t think you realize what the “average” GW2 player is like. If they listened to your instruction properly chances are they’re better than the average GW2 player.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Man, all the typical BS in forums people bashing on someone.

OP you play in [NA] servers? I’ll take you through raids.

Yeah people here bash others constantly, no wonder why devs are more into Reddit than this one.

Posted by: Cyrill Faust.9340

Cyrill Faust.9340

I’m Just gonna put this out there to all the people saying “that’s not ANETs fault” when you design a social game you need to design your systems with players in mind you can’t just throw something out and tell your players to “figure it out”, even if the actual mechanics of the content are good if you didn’t build the social structure to support it it’s still bad design.
These design problems mainly come into play with the lack of a proper LFR system, and the power creep from Elite Specs leading to some classes being very out classed and being unable to fill a role with similar efficiency as others, this leads to a very restrictive meta. Also before anyone says anything a good designer designs with the meta in mind.

Proud member of [BANK] my bank guild and [BANK](2) my other bank guild

Posted by: Leezy.4567

Leezy.4567

Has Anet not come out as said themselves

1. Raid’s are not designed to be puged. They look at organized groups getting together setting up a comp and working together. (not saying it can’t be pugged but its not designed to cater to those, and you should look to form a guild/group/community around raids)

2. That they have even said that YES the raid is designed around Ascended armor stats. and how it SHOULD be required. does it 100% have to be? No we players have learned that. (http://dulfy.net/2015/09/30/gw2-ascended-gear-will-be-needed-in-raids/)

3. And to the people who claim well you don’t need X, Y, or Z. I will just repeat what a few here and in other topic’s have said multiple times. If you are a Picked up individual, in a group, now a total stranger probably to the majority of said group. They can require what ever they want! you are a complete stranger and they owe you nothing., and they got 10 other people in the LFG looking for raids who are willing to do what needs to be done to get it done fast and easy with a little stress as possible

Raizen.7981

I’m Just gonna put this out there to all the people saying “that’s not ANETs fault” when you design a social game you need to design your systems with players in mind you can’t just throw something out and tell your players to “figure it out”, even if the actual mechanics of the content are good if you didn’t build the social structure to support it it’s still bad design.
These design problems mainly come into play with the lack of a proper LFR system, and the power creep from Elite Specs leading to some classes being very out classed and being unable to fill a role with similar efficiency as others, this leads to a very restrictive meta. Also before anyone says anything a good designer designs with the meta in mind.

Also you should know that anet said several times that you should not focus on a single toon, meaning that even if some classes are weak for raiding, you should have other classes for backup. In a game where making a level 80 toon and tuning it up for raiding takes less than 3 hours(HP train for elite+ 50g for exotic gear+ pretty much every1 is stacked on exp tomes by now), you are not allowed to complain that you can’t raid. You can complain that you can’t raid with the class you’d like, but at this point you have so many other options that this argument is completely invalid.

(edited by Raizen.7981)

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

So, to summarize, raids are hard, and PUGS have a prefered meta composition.

The PUG meta you can’t get around. If content has a relatively high challenge (and thus fail rate) there will always be a perceived “best party” regardless of whether or not it’s actually necessary. This is because people that PUG such content want to have a familiar experience each time, which means filling the party slots with largely the same characters so that each individual has roughly the same job even though they’re always with different groups.

Some classes could use a bump in viability, but even if they were all perfectly balanced in such a manner that you could randomly assemble any number of classes, there would still be one and only one PUG meta for this reason.

The difficulty is working as intended.

GW2 raiding isn’t about gear acquisition so you can eventually just faceroll through it. It’s supposed to be hard. It’s supposed to stay hard a year, or three years from now. The fact that most people don’t already have it on farm indicates its working as intended. It’s a small part of the game crated for the part of the player base that wants really hard content that they can’t just finish easily no matter how many times they do it. It’s literally the point of raiding that you have a hard time completing bosses. That’s what makes the loot valuable and the experience worthwhile.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Raizen.7981

The PUG meta you can’t get around. If content has a relatively high challenge (and thus fail rate) there will always be a perceived “best party” regardless of whether or not it’s actually necessary. This is because people that PUG such content want to have a familiar experience each time, which means filling the party slots with largely the same characters so that each individual has roughly the same job even though they’re always with different groups.

Some classes could use a bump in viability, but even if they were all perfectly balanced in such a manner that you could randomly assemble any number of classes, there would still be one and only one PUG meta for this reason.

GW2 raiding isn’t about gear acquisition so you can eventually just faceroll through it. It’s supposed to be hard. It’s supposed to stay hard a year, or three years from now. The fact that most people don’t already have it on farm indicates its working as intended. It’s a small part of the game crated for the part of the player base that wants really hard content that they can’t just finish easily no matter how many times they do it. It’s literally the point of raiding that you have a hard time completing bosses. That’s what makes the loot valuable and the experience worthwhile.

Please stop saying raids are hard. The fact that you don’t need the best gear, the best classes, hell, for the first boss even 5 people can kill it(watch the vids), the lack of hard mechanics(1-2 wipe mechanics per boss? really? try 15, then call raids hard ffs) prove that raids aren’t hard at all. Raids are hard for the unskilled, they are average for the average player, and they are a total faceroll for the pro players.

Which make them average difficulty. Which is sad, because “elite” content should be designed around the “elite” players, not around your average casual.

(edited by Raizen.7981)

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

“Hard” is a relative term. In this case it’s relative to the general difficulty level of GW2.

That they don’t fit your personal definition of “hard” is subjective based upon your skill level. However, in relation to an objective standard (the game they’re in) they’re “hard”

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Sounds like an amazing opportunity to make a guild that has the same interests you do OP

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

Please stop saying raids are hard. The fact that you don’t need the best gear, the best classes, hell, for the first boss even 5 people can kill it(watch the vids), the lack of hard mechanics(1-2 wipe mechanics per boss? really? try 15, then call raids hard ffs) prove that raids aren’t hard at all. Raids are hard for the unskilled, they are average for the average player, and they are a total faceroll for the pro players.

Which make them average difficulty. Which is sad, because “elite” content should be designed around the “elite” players, not around your average casual.

the 5 man kills will die most likely today, they are based on exploiting that broken chronomancer well, same as most ‘speed kills’ (yes all VG records are meaningless after this patch as you can’t reproduce them anymore)

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

nacario.9417

You are young in your words, time and age will teach you propper insight. Raids are hard, when they came out they were were much harder as people had to learn the tactics, and still is hard for those who are new at it and how to use their classes. Catering raids to the elite is wrong as it locks out a large amount of playerbase, while I feel their difficulty is just right atm, not reachable for those who arnt willing to learn and adapt. I also believe raids are different in GW2 in a sense that the best gear will always be ascended/legendary, so it’s a longterm goal “casuals” can work towards to step up their game and get reachable skill to those who already beat it.

Raids are hard, but also more open. My only gripe with it is that theyre released so slow.

Power Ranger PvP

Raizen.7981

Raids are hard, when they came out they were were much harder as people had to learn the tactics, and still is hard for those who are new at it and how to use their classes.

I started this game in october. In november I had the raid cleared. I know, I started as warrior, which is kinda braindead, but still, if I could raid after 100ish hours of game time, so can the 2k+ hour veterans.

Catering raids to the elite is wrong as it locks out a large amount of playerbase

Care to elaborate a bit? How does it lock out a large amount of playerbase? First of all, if you’re not willing to commit 3 hours to get your elite, I’m 140% you’re not willing to commit tens of hours to raid. Second, elites and raids are BOTH locked before the HoT expansion, so it’s not like f2p/core players can raid but can’t access elites. If you’re talking about the fact that elites are far better than the classes, and it makes for little to no DIVERSITY, then yes, I totally agree with you

while I feel their difficulty is just right atm, not reachable for those who arnt willing to learn and adapt

……….

My only gripe with it is that theyre released so slow.

This we agree on. I agree that the difficulty is right, for the majority of the playerbase. However, I STRONGLY believe that for the elitists(don’t worry I’m not one of them, I just have 12 years of raiding experience behind me) should get their hard content as well. A challenge mote that’d make each boss harder/add new mechanics(with some improved rewards, titles etc) would be very good for the pro/hardcore/elitists.

Raizen.7981

the 5 man kills will die most likely today, they are based on exploiting that broken chronomancer well, same as most ‘speed kills’ (yes all VG records are meaningless after this patch as you can’t reproduce them anymore)

Doesn’t change the fact that the OP had 3 months to do a braindead easy boss and still couldn’t

Posted by: Bysvyken.6235

Bysvyken.6235

Actually you’ll find a lot of those 5 man kills don’t use the “broken well” at all, they in fact use this and this (which are both core mesmer )

Posted by: Nozome.7853

Nozome.7853

Doesn’t change the fact that the OP had 3 months to do a braindead easy boss and still couldn’t

top kek

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Complaining because you joined guilds that are not on your time zone that mainly raid because you want to do raids

you did not raid with either one of them

got kicked

frustrated because of things

rage about classes

thanks obama

It’s all anet’s fault and you have 23k ap because you are so pro in raiding and you got kicked for no reason even tho you never actually bothered to raid it’s a net’s fault

Insert logic

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Remember, you don’t need to play all game modes. Personally, I find raids to be boring. I don’t like how ANET threw away the gw2 manifesto and now force people to have a tank and a healer.

That said, I know others enjoy it. So they can play it and I’ll play stuff that is more fun to me.

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

Haha you are slightly exaggerating. But I actually agree with you.

The general problems with bad groups are either low dps, failing mechanics or even both.

I was in Vale Guardian groups who have dealt sooo little damage.
How do you want to kill VG if you phase him to the first split phase at 5:00?
Or how do you want to kill VG if your groups wipes in the FIRST phase because of green circles every second try?

Let’s find personal reasons:

• Low dps?

Do you have a bad build and bad rotations?

The easiest way to fix this: Just look up the internet for a guide/build. I do it. You can do it too.

• Failing mechanics?

Is your pc/laptop/potato too bad and fails to render visuals?

Buy a new pc/laptop or don’t even try.

Are you lacking fine motor skills? Or is your reaction too slow?

Try to improve or raids are simply nothing for you.

Also just as I said in the other thread. A dps meter would probably help some groups that have dps problems.

Talindra.4958

me and my husband has perma 400-600 ping, after a few weeks of raiding, we are getting tired now .. and gradually letting it go.

all i have to say is that… it really sux!!

Australia

Posted by: Rhyav.4812

Rhyav.4812

me and my husband has perma 400-600 ping, after a few weeks of raiding, we are getting tired now .. and gradually letting it go.

all i have to say is that… it really sux!!

… Where do you live? Mars? Really I live in Uruguay, almost the bottom south part of South America and I have 180 ping and no trouble Raiding.

Posted by: Fenris Amarok.4052

Fenris Amarok.4052

Here’s the big thing I don’t understand with all these complaining threads. Yes, you can use any class you want as long you have the necessary roles. And many classes can perform these roles. You are not limited to a rigid class composition, despite what everyone thinks. The only time you may need to wait for a tank or healer is if your pugging, which was not anets aim. Yes, if everyone is optimized you can do it, but in an actual group is possible with so much less. Anyone saying otherwise is objectively wrong.

Firebird Gomer.9563

Wow I thought this Post would have died a merry death by now.

To the person who said that talking was required if I hadn’t talked for a week then I would probably have been kick cause of that. I’d like to let you know I talked every day in guild Chat. Went in to TS every few days and talked. I offered help to those doing things that wasn’t raid orientated. Still don’t know why I was kicked.

Some of the things I asked Anet about in my first post still stand. More Communication is a must! Solving the problems that lots of groups are experiencing by having to wait for a Tank or Healer, which Anet down right stated is something they didn’t want, even for Raids. Other Classes starting to get a fair shake at Raids… Thieves have had a turn around at this. I’m glad for them! But other classes still don’t. I must say seeing a Daredevil do 20’000 to 30’000 damage off a hit makes my Ranger look terribly sad indeed.

I ended up managing to pay a group who actually got me through the 3 bosses. YAY.

I finally found a Raid Guild who are not TOXIC and point out, when joining those who do join, must not be toxic either. They are more than willing to help people who are learning and wanting to improve. And most importantly to me are not into ELITIST people either.