Anet, make fractals CHALLENGING.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

I would not make this thread since you guys in developing team seem to only listen to childish “nerf X” QQ threads, but I have some time and I’m bored so to heck with it.

First question is, what’s the point of creating a spec focused to healing (druid), have excellent specs focusing on defense (like scrapper) while you keep this braindead – kill ASAP meta?!

You guys said that in HoT, “you (and I’m quoting Irenio here) can’t zerker meta your way around meaning you will just not be able to avoid all damage while just playing in glass cannon”. Then the only thing you did is giving high lvl fractal npc’s DEFENSE stats like ridiculous amounts of HP and toughness while you actually nerfed their offensive capabilities…

So here I am, asking you, do you want your game to be forever a hack n’ slash MMO? Do you want only 2 armor sets (zerker/sinister) to be viable? Why did you make other armor stats in the first place?! Just for WvW sake? Is PvE something for 1111 spammers and corner stackers?

How about you make high lvl (75+ so “casuals” don’t complain much) fractals actually challenging where the braindead stacking MAX dps with utilities CAN’T survive it? You know.. like making people actually think and say “yeah, I might actually need to play my druid on zealot gear, or herald on nomad” etc…

Is it really THAT hard to make actual challenging content?!

PS: Don’t tell me how raids might fix that. You can’t base all your promises on raid content while the rest of the game requires no actual thinking at all….

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

First question is, what’s the point of creating a spec focused to healing (druid), have excellent specs focusing on defense (like scrapper) while you keep this braindead – kill ASAP meta?!

Is PvE something for 1111 spammers and corner stackers?

How about you make high lvl (75+ so “casuals” don’t complain much) fractals actually challenging where the braindead stacking MAX dps with utilities CAN’T survive it?

Lel? I think you posted this in the wrong forum. This isn’t the general discussion forum. : P

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

Yelloweyedemon.2860

How about you make high lvl (75+ so “casuals” don’t complain much) fractals actually challenging where the braindead stacking MAX dps with utilities CAN’T survive it?

Lel? I think you posted this in the wrong forum. This isn’t the general discussion forum. : P

Why would I post in in general discussion? I’m just asking why did they lie to us by saying they will make challenging PvE content.The fact that fractals can be completed by zerker and or siniter people means that sooner or later people will again be focused more on the clock rather than the content.

I’m saying that because “elite” group means that skilled players come together to actually beat challenging content. It does not mean that skilled players come together to beat facerolling content 2 seconds faster than the previous “elite” group holding the speed clear record…

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Yeah, equipping clerics gear because you can’t survive and eat the ground in zerk on your ranger is totally what I’d call “make players think”.

Posted by: Numbers.3241

Numbers.3241

The only way to move away from a zerker meta is to make damage completely unavoidable with planning and skill, and doing that just shifts things to “Stack enough vitality to survive and zerker the rest”.

I think the tradeoff is not zerker vs other, but:

• Zerker + knowing class in and out + reading enemies attacks and dodging and kill in 15 minutes or:
  • Not zerker + not knowing class as well + getting hit by attacks occasionally and recovering and kill in 30 minutes.

The problem is that everyone in the first class doesn’t really want to pay an extra 15 minutes of their time to support someone that is happy with the second class.

Not zerkers and Zerkers play fine in their own groups, but mixing is just going to be frustrating.

Posted by: ADTempys.6382

ADTempys.6382

Why would I post in in general discussion? I’m just asking why did they lie to us by saying they will make challenging PvE content.The fact that fractals can be completed by zerker and or siniter people means that sooner or later people will again be focused more on the clock rather than the content.

I’m saying that because “elite” group means that skilled players come together to actually beat challenging content. It does not mean that skilled players come together to beat facerolling content 2 seconds faster than the previous “elite” group holding the speed clear record…

I’m curious to know what boss do you corner stack in fractals, this is like the dumbest thing to do and I never saw/thought of it (i wasn’t playing dring the FGS glory days) because this is just a kittened idea.
Corner stacking won’t increase your DPS for most classes (yes warriors can WWA into the wall but that’s not something that you can point as an insane DPS increase party wise, it just takes more time to actually lure the boss to a corner).
As ever I’d liek to say that LOSing (aka corner stacking) is usefull to deal with trash mobs in order to cleave them quickly and moving to a relevent point of the content (relevent content who doesn’t exist anymore by the way).

And please fractals are already to boring at the moment for us moving away from glass canon builds, do you really want to kill a single legendary boss after 40 minutes of fight where it’s that boring that during the fight you Akitten 3 times for eat, toilets, sleeping and then coming back just to see that the fight is still going on with neither of the boss or the party doing damages to the other.

Maybe druid will be good for raids who knows, afterall I belive that they said that berserker meta won’t make it to raids (I don’t know if I really belive it but let’s wait and see, they would surprised me and make up to their claims while making raids fun)

And I’d like to add that besides the beautiful graphics, GW2 is a better MMO than the others combat wise just because of the evades/blocks/reflects/and all this stuff combat. I remember me being so sad back when they annonced GW2 without healing classes when I was playing monk in GW1 because they wanted a game based on active combat and not just a combat system by reaction of healing the guy that takes the hit in the face.
Guess what ? I have been so greatly surprised by how they managed to get the game without an healing class and I never regreted not being a monk healing people in GW2, the current system is way to good.
This combat is the strenght of GW2 PvE and if they take it away it would leave in a massive ragequit of the game (it’s already on the table with how bad state the PvE is at the moment). Not to say that in my opinion HoT have make the gap between a skilled player and an OKish player way thinner that it used to be (mainly for low maning content), I get that Anet doesn’t design the game for full parties so I don’t whine to much about but the break bar has killed immob/cripple/chill and then all the usage we could make from it to get smoother kills.

(edited by ADTempys.6382)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

The lower damage actually makes non zerker specs a little more favourable. Due to constant high pressure. But the super high toughness and health does the opposite for a time perspective. But then the pressure is also no longer ignorable. So sustain and defence has shifted into a bit of active and a bit of passive.

Im a little torn about it. I like that i have to change my builds a bit more for some encounters. Im not too happy about the shift into requiring more passive defence even with good active defence management. And im certainly not happy about how long it takes to kill some bosses now. Its definitely better to have them last longer than they did before. But for some of them its far too extreme (flame effigy on molten duo erghh).

(edited by spoj.9672)

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

The lower damage actually makes non zerker specs a little more favourable. Due to constant high pressure. But the super high toughness and health does the opposite for a time perspective. But then the pressure is also no longer ignorable. So sustain and defence has shifted into a bit of active and a bit of passive.

Im a little torn about it. I like that i have to change my builds a bit more for some encounters. Im not too happy about the shift into requiring more passive defence even with good active defence management. And im certainly not happy about how long it takes to kill some bosses now. Its definitely better to have them last longer than they did before. But for some of them its far too extreme (flame effigy on molten duo erghh).

The Anomaly in Thaumanova. Worst offender due to melee downtime when every platform ever blows up.

I can’t really say I experienced what you described though, then again I don’t know how it looks in 91-100. Some fights really need to get toughness reduced though, even if they ramp up the HP in turn.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Did jellyfish 7x today… who made this?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

The Anomaly in Thaumanova. Worst offender due to melee downtime when every platform ever blows up.

I can’t really say I experienced what you described though, then again I don’t know how it looks in 91-100. Some fights really need to get toughness reduced though, even if they ramp up the HP in turn.

Im not saying you need to switch away from berserker. But you are certainly forced think about passive defence. I ended up using minions and death magic everytime its aetherblade fractal. Because the golems and the agony walls just create too much pressure and you cant really kill the golems fast enough unless you are really perfectly coordinated. So afk sustaining it with minions doing the work makes it go a lot faster. x)

(edited by spoj.9672)

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

For 70+scale fractals the amount of toughness is insane, if a full Zerk has problems dealing damage you think that any other build (aside from Sinister obviously LOL) like PVT, Cleric, Knight, Celestial, etc will find being in one single fractal for hours any fun? Cause the rewards are not even worth it but if at least it wasn’t as frustrating that would be diffferent. Anyway I just got my 51-75 AP chest so not touching fractals anymore

Stella Truth Seeker

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Im not saying you need to switch away from berserker. But you are certainly forced think about passive defence. I ended up using minions and death magic everytime its aetherblade fractal. Because the golems and the agony walls just create too much pressure and you cant really kill the golems fast enough unless you are really perfectly coordinated. So afk sustaining it with minions doing the work makes it go a lot faster. x)

Ah I think we’re kind of misunderstanding each other here, I know you never said that but I never felt like I have to think about more passive defense, then again yeah Necro… lol. I guess that’s more apparant for other classes.
For Aetherblade Retreat I usually go with “Nothing can save you!” and two wells, that works for me, but the minion approach isn’t a bad idea either. Still can’t believe minions are so good now. lol Best use for them is when fighting the Anomaly though imo. They just… don’t die, ever and they don’t care about the concept called gravity either.

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

The only way to move away from a zerker meta is to make damage completely unavoidable with planning and skill, and doing that just shifts things to “Stack enough vitality to survive and zerker the rest”.

There is another way to kill zerker. One that isn’t vulnerable to players finding one way to play with full zerker that they didn’t close off. One that is much more honest. One that doesn’t leave players sitting around in useless gear if it’s successful. Just remove zerker gear from the game.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

There is another way to kill zerker. One that isn’t vulnerable to players finding one way to play with full zerker that they didn’t close off. One that is much more honest. One that doesn’t leave players sitting around in useless gear if it’s successful. Just remove zerker gear from the game.

Why would they remove zerker gear from the game

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

You can stand on the corner of his central hexagon and won’t fall down. Tho he does the knockdowns that ignore stability but still no need to move anywhere.

Yelloweyedemon.2860

No that would be terrible. I don’t want them to remove it. DPS builds should always use zerker/sinister.

What I’m saying is that I don’t want EVERY class to wear zerker.

I would just try to “revamp” fractals in a way where healers or tanks would be desirable and no I’m not asking for hardcore trinity where the tank has everything on him and everyone just sitting there using 1,2,3 where the healer has everyone on full. But for example it would be far more interesting if lets say a boss had some special attacks that could not be avoided completely and zerker people could just not survive it.

Also don’t tell me how you don’t want to look for healer/tank/dps where pretty much every class can fill any role…

After all isn’t this what they promised us with HoT? They made a healing focused spec, 2 tanky(ish) focused specs and said that HoT content won’t be able to be completed by the same meta aka zerker → icebow4 and loot.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

You can stand on the corner of his central hexagon and won’t fall down. Tho he does the knockdowns that ignore stability but still no need to move anywhere.

TIL. lol

Sounds incredibly risky, though.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

I would just try to “revamp” fractals in a way where healers or tanks would be desirable and no I’m not asking for hardcore trinity where the tank has everything on him and everyone just sitting there using 1,2,3 where the healer has everyone on full. But for example it would be far more interesting if lets say a boss had some special attacks that could not be avoided completely and zerker people could just not survive it.

You have to pick one.
You NEED healers because you will die otherwise (looks like a hard role to me) OR healer is optional (like it is right now) but it will completely remove any challenge from the content because you have dedicated healbot.

Posted by: Zalaz.3105

Zalaz.3105

Scale 94. Cliffside.

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Is this a phiw complain about zerker meta or qq about damage sponge mobs?
I’m confused!

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

Is this a phiw complain about zerker meta or qq about damage sponge mobs?
I’m confused!

Nah, exploit stacking I think.

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

Posted by: theoutsider.7849

theoutsider.7849

What’s annoying is how so many people, Arenanet included, seems to think a once a week gated thing (raids) will be the answer to all our need for variety and challenging PvE content.
Still gonna be playing those terribly boring fractals for the other 6 days. Great.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

zis is pure genius