in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

[DnT] and Gwscr.com Present:
Dungeon Speed Clear Open Fall 2014

Current tournament bracket
Official artwork Imgur gallery by Brazil

The Teams

Teams will register with five members and up to three alternates. Prior to, or during, the tournament, an alternate may take the place of any player who is unavailable however the replaced player may not rejoin the team later. Prize support for the teams will be distributed assuming five players.

Registration

The tournament will have open registration for interested teams. Guilds may fill multiple teams if they have sufficient members; however the additional teams must use a different designation. Only one team per guild will be able to utilize the GWSCR ranking of the guild for seeding, as described below. Register in the official registration thread at the DnT website.

Initial seeding, as well as any necessary byes, will be based on the gwscr.com guild leaderboard. Cut off for the seeding will be the close of registration, any change in the leaderboard after registration occurs will not alter the seeding or bye distribution.

The Format

The teams will be paired up prior to each round for a best of three dungeon path speed run contest. The three paths for the round will be selected at random from the pool of eligible dungeon paths. No team will be required to run a specific path two rounds in a row.

The teams will begin their run at a synchronized time using time.gov. The team which finishes the path with the lowest time will be the winner of that path. The first team to win two paths advances to the next round.

The runs will be broadcast live on Twitch.tv. At least one member of each team must be able to stream in order for a team to participate.

The dungeon runs will be regulated and timed according to the Guild Wars Speed Clear Records www.gwscr.com restricted rule set.

If a team causes – intentionally or otherwise – a scripted event to bug a dungeon and prevent further progress or to unfairly advance progress, that team will be disqualified and their opponents will get a win for that path. In order to prevent excessive “unintentional” script bugs from occurring, the following paths are banned: Ascalonian Catacombs Path 2, Sorrow’s Embrace Path 2. Additionally, Arah Story is banned due to its length. Other paths which have script bugs have known workarounds to avoid the bug.

Final judgement for any disputed results or questions will rest with Guild Wars Speed Clear Record staff.

The tournament will be a two day event with the preliminary rounds held Saturday, September 27 and the conclusion held Sunday, September 28.

Questions or Help

Should you have any questions regarding any aspect of the tournament, please post them in the official tournament thread on the Death and Taxes forum.

If you would like to donate prize support (gems, gold, gemstore items) please contact the event host in game @ (nike porphyrogenita.8137) or via the DnT forums.

(edited by DEKeyzToChaos.7381)

Announcing Fall 2014 Dungeon Speed Clear Open

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

Current Prize Pool: 4,500g and growing.

2000 gems per player (limit 5) on the first place team
800 gems per player (limit 5) on second place team

Donations always welcome and appreciated.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

(edited by Tree.3916)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This is way cool and all, but so many tournaments back-to-back is a real burnout, oof. I was sort of hoping we’d have at least half a year or something before the next tournament!

Oh well. I don’t know if I’ll participate, but we will see. Good luck to all entrants regardless!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: JasmineLong.6514

JasmineLong.6514

You got about a two month break. That’s enough to both refresh as well as prep for this next one. It’s going to be awesome!

Rising Dusk.2408

Yeah, but there was the Fractal tournament a mere week ago many of us participated in too. :P

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

So now there is zero interaction between the two matched teams?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Good luck to all participants.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Good luck to all participants.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Yeah, but there was the Fractal tournament a mere week ago many of us participated in too. :P

You do realize it’s 2 month-ish out from today, it’s going to be the end of September.

Rising Dusk.2408

Yeah, I saw that. Still, though, the best prepared teams like [SC] will start practicing again right away, so that doesn’t mean much. It shouldn’t be too bad for most people, though, you’re right.

Posted by: sartanman.4710

sartanman.4710

I’m looking forward to it. Thanks again for organizing this.

Tree.3916

Yeah, I saw that. Still, though, the best prepared teams like [SC] will start practicing again right away, so that doesn’t mean much. It shouldn’t be too bad for most people, though, you’re right.

I have the utmost faith that FGS will be able to replicate their stellar performance from last time =)

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

“Stacking in corners since 2013

Posted by: Kurr.4179

Kurr.4179

Didn’t AC path 2 get fixed just yesterday? Why block it? Besides if you stealth from the WP to inside the room and make sure Detha isn’t in combat it works always no? And no Arah story ban?

All in all should be fun. I’m sad that there’s no wipe rule this time around but I guess people complained too much.

I think the random path pool will make this more interesting than guilds picking paths for sure.

Finally, I hope they nerf Fiery Rush before the tournament so it’s a bit more interesting in terms of variety vs everyone going 3-4 eles like recent speed clear records do.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Finally, I hope they nerf Fiery Rush before the tournament so it’s a bit more interesting in terms of variety vs everyone going 3-4 eles like recent speed clear records do.

Ooooor using fiery rush without a target against a wall is simply not allowed.

Kurr.4179

Ooooor using fiery rush without a target against a wall is simply not allowed.

No, gimping people on purpose is pointless. The runs happening within the boundaries of the game (while avoiding glitches, etc) is the best way. Even if everything is FGS.

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

AC P2 still bugs. Arah Story ban added.

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Is there any opportunity to discuss the format of this tournament anymore?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

:o

I am not going to comment on this thread’s burial into this subforum because I can’t afford infraction points on my third account, but wow!

Is Anet going to support this tournament?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Tree.3916

Well… no. After the first one we had a feedback thread on our forums that anyone could post on, and we got feedback from Anet and we got feedback in the thread on these forums. We made draft copies of the rules and sent them to the leaders of rT and SC for critique. After we were satisfied with the results we announced.

The philosophy this time is to make the rules as streamlined as possible and with the least subjectivity as possible to lighten the burden on the gwscr and us when it comes to deciding on grey areas or disputes. This way 1. we can participate without issue and 2. the tournament won’t have any results that come down to arbitrary decision. Having paths selected at random will accelerate the time between round (big anet criticism) and also eliminate any gamesmanship.

Posted by: Amicable Pugs.4503

Amicable Pugs.4503

Can’t you guys add a no fgs into a wall rule ?:/ Again every boss will be walled, ice bow 5ed and then rushed into. Those who mess up will wipe/just die and that’s how every dungeon will go. Rarely you’ll see any new tactics. So why not just force everyone into doing bosses without fgs? See what new tactics people come up with and bet the viewers will enjoy it even more, making this an actual unique tournament.

Kurr.4179

Can’t you guys add a no fgs into a wall rule ?:/ Again every boss will be walled, ice bow 5ed and then rushed into. Those who mess up will wipe/just die and that’s how every dungeon will go. Rarely you’ll see any new tactics. So why not just force everyone into doing bosses without fgs? See what new tactics people come up with and bet the viewers will enjoy it even more, making this an actual unique tournament.

It’s 100% on ANet to change that. I don’t think anyone really likes the FGS meta but as long as it’s there it’s pointless to ignore it.

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Well… no. After the first one we had a feedback thread on our forums that anyone could post on, and we got feedback from Anet and we got feedback in the thread on these forums. We made draft copies of the rules and sent them to the leaders of rT and SC for critique. After we were satisfied with the results we announced.

The philosophy this time is to make the rules as streamlined as possible and with the least subjectivity as possible to lighten the burden on the gwscr and us when it comes to deciding on grey areas or disputes. This way 1. we can participate without issue and 2. the tournament won’t have any results that come down to arbitrary decision. Having paths selected at random will accelerate the time between round (big anet criticism) and also eliminate any gamesmanship.

Right. There was no mention of your feedback gathering thread here. I remember there were talks about holding a meeting with guild representatives so that we could organise not only the tournaments but also discuss their formats. Such meeting never happened. The tournament takes place in two months, but if you tell me we can’t even discuss things like we had agreed to within this time frame then that is too bad!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Tree.3916

remember there were talks about holding a meeting with guild representatives so that we could organise not only the tournaments but also discuss their formats. Such meeting never happened. The tournament takes place in two months, but if you tell me we can’t even discuss things like we had agreed to within this time frame then that is too bad!

The “talks” you refer to was something Sandy wanted, but I don’t think I ever said I was interested in having. We didn’t “agree” to do anything. I do not understand why you feel entitled to have your fingers in the pie, why should the time and effort we put into this event be dictated to us by “guild representatives?”

If you think our approach is fundamentally wrong and not fun your right is to not participate. If you think you can organize a better and more fun event PLEASE DO IT! It will make the community better to have better and more fun events, don’t let me or anyone else stop you.

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

No you do not understand. It is not about you or your tournament. It is about the community and what the community wants to see.

I thought it was obvious, really. I thought everybody knew that PvE had been stale for too long, that Anet was undermining us, and that any possible way out of the dark pit the game had fallen into would have to involve the community as a whole.

This is how gwscr approached the problem. Rules were discussed publicly so that the entire community would feel involved. Any form of individualism would have thwarted the project. Only thanks to this community-driven approach was the speed clear competition successful.

Before you launched your first tournament, we had a thread on the forums. We were doing exactly this. We were discussing formats, as a community. Then you made your public announcement, using ideas developed in the aforementioned thread, and it was a great success.

I can imagine that you needed to generate fame for your guild and bypassing the community was a way to get a first-mover advantage. I can also imagine you may think I am discussing this only because I – as an rT member – would be envious of the attention your project attracts. Please believe that it is not the case.

I am convinced we get one shot. One shot at making tournaments that are engaging for the community, one shot to attract attention to PvE before it is doomed for ever. I want to make this right.

Therefore I believe that we have to engage the community as a whole in order to achieve long lasting success. Could we put individualism and personal interest aside for a while? DnT launched two tournaments, KING launched one, all these without community involvement. Okay, I guess we could all launch our own tournaments. The consequent chaos would certainly be entertaining, for a while. But do you really think we can get long-lasting support from Anet if we do not get organised?

As I said, we get one shot. How about we took the time to sit and discuss things?

We could act as a community, to survive as a community. So you see it is not about your tournament, even if I would have some criticism for it, it is about the way we get organised in order to make competitive PvE happen.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Kurr.4179

No you do not understand. It is not about you or your tournament. It is about the community and what the community wants to see.

I thought it was obvious, really. I thought everybody knew that PvE had been stale for too long, that Anet was undermining us, and that any possible way out of the dark pit the game had fallen into would have to involve the community as a whole.

This is how gwscr approached the problem. Rules were discussed publicly so that the entire community would feel involved. Any form of individualism would have thwarted the project. Only thanks to this community-driven approach was the speed clear competition successful.

Before you launched your first tournament, we had a thread on the forums. We were doing exactly this. We were discussing formats, as a community. Then you made your public announcement, using ideas developed in the aforementioned thread, and it was a great success.

I can imagine that you needed to generate fame for your guild and bypassing the community was a way to get a first-mover advantage. I can also imagine you may think I am discussing this only because I – as an rT member – would be envious of the attention your project attracts. Please believe that it is not the case.

I am convinced we get one shot. One shot at making tournaments that are engaging for the community, one shot to attract attention to PvE before it is doomed for ever. I want to make this right.

Therefore I believe that we have to engage the community as a whole in order to achieve long lasting success. Could we put individualism and personal interest aside for a while? DnT launched two tournaments, KING launched one, all these without community involvement. Okay, I guess we could all launch our own tournaments. The consequent chaos would certainly be entertaining, for a while. But do you really think we can get long-lasting support from Anet if we do not get organised?

As I said, we get one shot. How about we took the time to sit and discuss things?

We could act as a community, to survive as a community. So you see it is not about your tournament, even if I would have some criticism for it, it is about the way we get organised in order to make competitive PvE happen.

There was a feedback thread here and on the DnT forums. You had plenty of time to give your feedback like some of your guilds members incessantly did for the wipe rule to make this tournament that much worse because they had their feelings hurt from wiping.

I saw some of your guild members complaining about this yesterday too (that they feel DnT is only doing this for attention and they wanted to be more involved). Having 100 people organizing a tournament is a terrible idea. It leads to needless drama and everyone wanting it their way. You can’t please everyone. When a small group of people organize it it’s much easier.

And if you look @ previous threads Nike liked the wipe rule. He removed it because of YOUR GUILD’s complaining. So stop acting like he’s complete ignoring you.

If you want to make your own tournament, do so.

And no I’m not in DnT. I’m just tired of seeing a bunch of rT members be such babies about this for no reason. Sorry, you wiped hard in the first tournament. Now we had to change the best rule because of your hurt feelings and you still aren’t happy.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

There was a feedback thread here and on the DnT forums. You had plenty of time to give your feedback like some of your guilds members incessantly did for the wipe rule to make this tournament that much worse because they had their feelings hurt from wiping.

I saw some of your guild members complaining about this yesterday too (that they feel DnT is only doing this for attention and they wanted to be more involved). Having 100 people organizing a tournament is a terrible idea. It leads to needless drama and everyone wanting it their way. You can’t please everyone. When a small group of people organize it it’s much easier.

And if you look @ previous threads Nike liked the wipe rule. He removed it because of YOUR GUILD’s complaining. So stop acting like he’s complete ignoring you.

If you want to make your own tournament, do so.

And no I’m not in DnT. I’m just tired of seeing a bunch of rT members be such babies about this for no reason. Sorry, you wiped hard in the first tournament. Now we had to change the best rule because of your hurt feelings and you still aren’t happy.

Wow.

I just need to say this. I’ve not once seen an rT member cry about the no wipe rule (apart from the occasional “man that sucked”.

I think what Zelyhn is saying is entirely valid. After the first tournament the idea (that I was pretty sure I had read over and over) was that the first tournament was run by DnT to get it started and that the next tourneys would be run by gwscr or another neutral party. This didn’t happen and there may have been a feedback thread on dtguilds.com but let me be frank and say no one posted it clearly that that was where to go with concerns.

But whatever keep talking. I have my criticisms and mainly it’s just what Zelyhn said. It should be community or neutrally driven.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Let’s try to defuse the tension here
Yeah I am from rT, we got rektaliated in the tournaments, and some of us speak out when it comes to organising competitive PvE, alright.

I am very grateful to those who took their time, energy, and resources to organised tournaments.

Now let’s put petty rivalries aside and let us work together to give competitive PvE a bright future!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Tree.3916

You don’t have the advantage to see the big picture that I do. Leaders of other guilds are excited about the tournament and have already graciously donated gold. Lot’s of people have contacted me with questions and expressing excitement. None of them felt they excluded or complained about any aspect of the rules. Only one guild has contacted me about things they aren’t happy with or how they feel were excluded. No one else feels that kind of entitlement.

Apples and oranges. GWSCR had to develop rules that the community as a whole agreed upon because otherwise no one would support it. This is a one time tournament. The rules changed from the first and if there is a third they could change again based on how it goes.

Actually, what happened was the thread had the kernal of a good idea. I saw a ton of bad ideas and horrible directions it was beginning to take. I realized that it would either a.) never happen or b.) be really dumb. It was much better, especially for the first time, to organize our own tournament where would wouldn’t be beholden to the tyranny of the mob, so to speak. The tournament was a success thankfully.

Really? Do you think we need any more fame? Do you think we did it for fame? We did it because we wanted it to be a success. We did it because we want the format to have a future. Those things were far from certain unless reliable leadership took charge; it isn’t clear it would have ever even happened if we didn’t step up and lend our already famous name to it to give it credibility. If you think your quote was seriously our motivation that is shameful.

If you think you can do better, do it. If anyone else can do better, do it. A superior product will drive the competitors out of the market.

We did sit and discuss it. Your guild’s feedback was essential. We took everything Weth, Haviz and everyone else mentioned into consideration and several rules did change as a result. I’m sorry you missed it, but others from your guild managed to contribute a great deal of constructive criticism so I don’t see anyone as being actively excluded.

Everything is a work in progress. The first tournament was a very restrictive and confining ruleset. This one is far more open based on feedback from your guild especially. Hopefully it will be a step in the right direction. I hope you guys enter a team and crush it, I really do. I hope afterward you have more good feedback and more positive changes come as a result for the future whatever it may be.

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Is this about what the community wants to see or what you personally want to see? We had an overwhelmingly great response from the community about the last tournament for the record. There were very few people who took issue, of those people can you guess who they were?

I can only imagine that DnT was already quite popular anyway and probably did this tournament as something to make the game interesting again. If it’s not envy from you then it’s probably some other deep seated issue that I don’t have time to analyse with my mind brain powers right now.

This is honestly getting ridiculous. We have had a public forum where things can be discussed for a good time now and you were welcomed there. Your feedback was given attention and changes were made. I think Nike has been very respectful and patient and I think that your reaction has been incredibly irrational and disrespectful.

I just need to say this. I’ve not once seen an rT member cry about the no wipe rule (apart from the occasional “man that sucked”.

Then you weren’t paying attention.

Let’s try to defuse the tension here

Well you were the one creating it so I suppose you should take on that responsibility.

(edited by J Eberle.9312)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

You are completely misinterpreting our comments. Theres plenty of others with the same opinion but they are not being vocal about it. We simply want neutral organisation, not monopolisation of all future tournies.

(edited by spoj.9672)

J Eberle.9312

You are completely misinterpreting our comments. Theres plenty of others with the same opinion but they are not being vocal about it. We simply want neutral organisation, not monopolisation of all future tournies.

Monopolization would not include a public forum with concessions and changes made due to community input.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Its a guild forum. Would be better if it was on gwscr or official forums only. Most of the feedback was on the DnT forums and not everyone goes there. I understand you guys want to direct traffic to your site but its not always best for the community.

By the looks of it all future tournies are going to be done by DnT with disregard to outside feedback that you guys dont agree with. Obviously you need to filter out bad feedback. But the decisions should be made by the community not by one guild. Thats monopolisation.

(edited by spoj.9672)

J Eberle.9312

Its a guild forum. Would be better if it was on gwscr or official forums only. Most of the feedback was on the DnT forums and not everyone goes there. I understand you guys want to direct traffic to your site but its not always best for the community.

I seriously doubt it has anything to do with site traffic. Not everyone goes to gw2sc either. I think it’s great that you know what’s best for the community, but I’m sure a lot of other people have differing views as well/

By the looks of it all future tournies are going to be done by DnT with disregard to outside feedback that you guys dont agree with. Thats monopolisation.

Your feedback has been regarded multiple times, just because you didn’t get 100% of what you wanted does not = a monopolisation. We take into account what everybody wants, not just what you want. I suggest that if you have any more of this feedback, that this thread is not the place to be airing it.

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

In the scheme of things, an event this small does not take much organization. Having multiple decision makers would unnecessarily bog down the organization process. Sure [DnT]‘s name is on this, but Nike is the head organizer and doesn’t pass all of his decisions to a guild committee to discuss – and I think his way of doing things works just fine.

I’m unhappy that people feel like their feedback was not taken into account, but there were avenues to provide it on the game forums and on the DnT guild forums. Additionally, people mailed Nike their opinions on the tournament, what was great, and what can go better next time. A lot of great rule changes and format changes came from those discussions, including:

• No restricted team comp
  • Rezzing allowed
  • Less “downtime” between dungeons facilitated by an automated path picking system
  • Centralizing rules enforcement and timing under gwscr to minimize [DnT] involvement in match winner determination
  • Fixing the size of windows when Nike is streaming two teams

After all the feedback, Nike then sent a draft of the new rules to leaders of prominent speed clearing guilds for feedback.

I, for one, still would like some sort of big penalty for a team wipe, but that didn’t make it into this ruleset. Do I complain to Nike and say, “My opinion wasn’t listened to!”? No, I am happy to support him as he has taken the lead on this cat herding endeavor and is doing a kick-kitten job (kicking kittens is bad, kids, don’t do it or you make me cry q.q). He is happy to do the work, so if he doesn’t want my help I just stay out of the way and enjoy NOT having to do something myself to get it done.

I expect we will again solicit feedback at the conclusion of the next tournament. If some people get together and say, “We want to host the next tournament instead of [DnT],” I’m sure [DnT] would be happy to support in any way we can instead of complaining that the next tournament doesn’t have our name on it. For once I’d be able to participate, assuming I agree with the rules

Rising Dusk.2408

If you think you can do better, do it. If anyone else can do better, do it. A superior product will drive the competitors out of the market.

This is exactly the wrong way to look at this. It isn’t about who can build a better tournament. No one should compete with anyone else over who has the best tournament format or the best prizes or the best commentators. The tournament is not a product, and the span of all tournaments is not a market.

The rules as they are seem fine to me, that isn’t the problem. The problem is that this still has [DnT] plastered all over it. Official threads regarding this tournament should be on the official dungeon forums only for maximum visibility and community participation, not on [DnT]‘s forums. [DnT] should not have a single logo on the streams unless it’s their stream and they are participating in the tournament (and I would love it if they did participate!).

If what DE says is true and you guys really will be fine not hosting, I’ll talk to Cookie and try to get GW2SCR to host the next one after this, and I’ll work with him on coordinating that. That said, I think you (Nike), Brazil, DE, Cookie, and so forth did simply marvelous work on the last tournament. I couldn’t imagine future tournaments without you guys, and if pulling this away from being a [DnT] tournament makes any of you not want to participate, that would sadden me.

Please note that I tried very hard to keep this post positive. I’m not mad or angry or trying to accuse [DnT] of anything, just a bit disappointed in the way it all played out. I think it’s all something we can work on in the future, though.

I’ll try to wrangle [FGS] together for this coming tournament!

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Tu quoque Keyz?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Tree.3916

The problem is that this still has [DnT] plastered all over it. Official threads regarding this tournament should be on the official dungeon forums only for maximum visibility and community participation, not on [DnT]‘s forums. [DnT] should not have a single logo on the streams unless it’s their stream and they are participating in the tournament (and I would love it if they did participate!).

We are doing the lions share of the work and promotion. It is our gift to the community. Ofcourse our logo is on it. We are the main sponsor. We are the main promoters. We are presenting the community with this event, why would we pretend it wasn’t something we were proud of?

If what DE says is true and you guys really will be fine not hosting, I’ll talk to Cookie and try to get GW2SCR to host the next one after this, and I’ll work with him on coordinating that. That said, I think you (Nike), Brazil, DE, Cookie, and so forth did simply marvelous work on the last tournament. I couldn’t imagine future tournaments without you guys, and if pulling this away from being a [DnT] tournament makes any of you not want to participate, that would sadden me.

GWSCR is officiating. We are hosting. If there is a dispute and I feel one way and cookie feels another, cookie wins. That’s how it works.

Here is what some people miss: we don’t have to do any of this. We do this because we want to. We do this because we like it. We do this because we think people will like it. But like I said, we don’t have to do it. If some third party says, “we are changing the rules to be ______ even though you really don’t like it” we can simply just walk away. No one is going to make anybody produce posters, streams or donate thousands of gold if we don’t feel proud of the product. We do the work because we think its awesome and we can look at the end result as a great gift. If other people want decision-making control over it, its fine for them to want that but don’t be surprised if our enthusiasm and generosity evaporates.

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

Didn’t expect such great entertainment from such an irrelevant and kittenty sub-forum…

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

Could do polls on reddit for controversial rules, since most of the people watching are casuals and I feel its important to tailor the show to the casual audience. Also these polls generate ideas that are auto filtered by the upvote system.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

I have talked to DnT folks on their forums rather extensively today. Apparently they seem to be okay with the idea of having a gwscr community meeting held by Cookie, which is what we have been asking for since the beginning.

If they are truly doing this for the community, for the greatness of enjoying competitive PvE in a game that we love, then they can only come to the same conclusions as us: that is coordination and collaboration are mandatory.

How things will turn out only depends on them now. Everything has been said.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

J Eberle.9312

conclusions as us: that is coordination and collaboration are mandatory.

How things will turn out only depends on them now.

Coordination and collaboration have already been happening, it’s just not been 100% what you want and so you perceive it as unfair.

Everything has been said.

Good, now you can stop being an instigator in a thread that is clearly not intended for that purpose.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I think it would be in all of our best interests if we let this tournament go ahead as currently planned and not try to push any changes. People have to respect the amount of work involved in planning and running these, and try to understand that there are reasons that Nike and the other main organisers are doing what they are.

Zelyhn and others, I completely understand your criticism towards how this (and the previous) tournament has been organised, but I’d like to ask that you let it run ahead as planned. We can look at hosting a proper community-run tournament for the next one, given people are willing to cooperate. Give this one a chance, and maybe we’ll end up with better ideas again for the third tournament.

Not all tournaments have to be run to the same degree. Variation could make for more entertainment and I don’t see a reason why there can’t be a DnT-set and a community-set, same as when we split the restricted and unrestricted rulesets on gwscr.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

How in the eff did this get moved here? Some BHB or overzealous mod? Wow…

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I personally don’t really care who organizes and who get fame and stuff like that. I also don’t really care who wins, loses or gets retaliated (I’m kind of a solo player).

What I care about is how we get anet to work on PvE end game. And for that, we need to make it popular. In my opinion tournament like this is a great chance to gets lots of positive attention. But for that, the matches have to be exciting, especially for the viewers.

I know I have been very aggressively showing my opinion about certain things which has probably annoyed a few of you. Feel free to call me a negative nancy but I didn’t want you to get fooled by success of the first tournament. No one really had any expectations and people were hyped about it so mistakes / bad ideas were tolerated.

I don’t mean to criticize you, I think it was a really good job for a first tournament. However to make this last, it has to go forward. I don’t necessarily mean it has to go forward like I say but of course I will show my opinion. I’m glad to see you guys trying new things on the next tourney.

I genuinely believe removing “no wipe” rule leads to better and more interesting matches. I didn’t like it even before first tourney but wanted to see it in effect. I know my ideas might be all wrong and make the tournament really boring but I have no problem changing my mind if needed.

Tree.3916

I personally don’t really care who organizes and who get fame and stuff like that. I also don’t really care who wins, loses or gets retaliated (I’m kind of a solo player).

What I care about is how we get anet to work on PvE end game. And for that, we need to make it popular. In my opinion tournament like this is a great chance to gets lots of positive attention. But for that, the matches have to be exciting, especially for the viewers.

I know I have been very aggressively showing my opinion about certain things which has probably annoyed a few of you. Feel free to call me a negative nancy but I didn’t want you to get fooled by success of the first tournament. No one really had any expectations and people were hyped about it so mistakes / bad ideas were tolerated.

I don’t mean to criticize you, I think it was a really good job for a first tournament. However to make this last, it has to go forward. I don’t necessarily mean it has to go forward like I say but of course I will show my opinion. I’m glad to see you guys trying new things on the next tourney.

I genuinely believe removing “no wipe” rule leads to better and more interesting matches. I didn’t like it even before first tourney but wanted to see it in effect. I know my ideas might be all wrong and make the tournament really boring but I have no problem changing my mind if needed.

We took a lot of your feedback and incorporated it into the rules this time. It boiled down to…

Wipes were super exciting in the first tournament, but after the wipe it became somewhat anti-climatic. Matches ended quickly and there was no possibility of comebacks. This rule set eliminates the #wipehype sudden death excitement but allows for the possibility of an exciting come from behind win. It might be that one is far better in the end than the other, or some middle-ground rule set is actually ideal. We’ll find out by doing and refining.

I have talked to DnT folks on their forums rather extensively today. Apparently they seem to be okay with the idea of having a gwscr community meeting held by Cookie, which is what we have been asking for since the beginning.

That will be great for the next tournament not organized by us. I’ll be happy to contribute our experience towards making a community run event better for whomever else is organizing it.

(edited by Tree.3916)

Tree.3916

Bump, Prize Pool up to 2700g and growing. further donations appreciated!

Tree.3916

Bump

Prize pool expanded to 14,000 gems thanks to ArenaNet!

Kurr.4179

Thank you ArenaNET for supporting another PvE event!

Posted by: Jiyn.3158

Jiyn.3158

Thanks ANet for the support. Also can’t wait for the tournament, it will be fun!

Never trust a Stormcrow.