Announcing Fall 2014 Dungeon Speed Clear Open

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

Two teams registered! Start practicing!

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Tree.3916

Five teams registered!

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

I have a suggestion. Require teams to include a window of the time counter from time.gov in their stream. This way, spectators will have an accurate measurement of which team is in the lead for that dungeon. This should also help commentators as well.

Perhaps set this up in your DnT’s Friday fight nights to see how much it could contribute?

Tree.3916

I have a suggestion. Require teams to include a window of the time counter from time.gov in their stream. This way, spectators will have an accurate measurement of which team is in the lead for that dungeon. This should also help commentators as well.

Perhaps set this up in your DnT’s Friday fight nights to see how much it could contribute?

That would be wonderful and if we could implement it, we definitely would. I suspect that imposing that technological limitation would reduce the amount of teams competing though.

Posted by: Kurr.4179

Kurr.4179

Is this still going on? No posts in 2 weeks and I notice 2 teams removed their registration from your website…

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

Is this still going on? No posts in 2 weeks and I notice 2 teams removed their registration from your website…

Yep! We have been busy setting up stuff on the back end and securing more donations. Current bracket is now included in first post.

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

I think this belongs in the Dungeon forums.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Funny because this originally was in the dungeon forums afaik and got moved into another sub.

Anyway, I’m excited to see how this one turns out.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

PM me if any team wants an engi.

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

Welcome back to the trashcan.

Nova [rT]

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

it’s only a trashcan cause you’re here

OHHHHHHH http://i.imgur.com/kIBLVxQ.gif

im sry that was mean

pls dont hate me nova!

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

it’s only a trashcan cause you’re here

OHHHHHHH http://i.imgur.com/kIBLVxQ.gif

im sry that was mean

pls dont hate me nova!

http://i.imgur.com/vO23Zsg.gif

Nova [rT]

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Funny because this originally was in the dungeon forums afaik and got moved into another sub.

Anyway, I’m excited to see how this one turns out.

I think the word you are looking for is “thanks”!

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

Sadly, once again, I will not be able to watch live

However I do very much look forward to watching the recorded runs and what not.
Very curious to see how each team handles random path selection.

Overall can’t wait to see the outcome.

Big thanks to the initiative takers involved in getting this and the prior dungeon tourny up and running!

(edited by XarOneZeroNine.2374)

Posted by: arkealia.2713

arkealia.2713

With the FGS nerf we don’t know at all what comp all those teams will use. We’re up to see some interesting things.

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

4 wars 1 mesmer

Snow Crows [SC]

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

It would be cool if anet put a dev team together to show some good will. I want to see pan’s lab play.

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

I think you will see some variation in team comps, though I expect…

1. Every team will still have a warrior.
2. Every team will have a guardian or mesmer depending on the path
3. Every team will likely have a thief if its a path where stealth is a benefit.
4. Most teams will have a scepter/* ele for might.
5. So that leaves one wild card that could be anything and I have a hunch a lot of people will still go with a second ele even if plenty of other options are viable.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Posted by: Nyspar.6103

Nyspar.6103

I think you will see some variation in team comps, though I expect…

1. Every team will still have a warrior.
2. Every team will have a guardian or mesmer depending on the path
3. Every team will likely have a thief if its a path where stealth is a benefit.
4. Most teams will have a scepter/* ele for might.
5. So that leaves one wild card that could be anything and I have a hunch a lot of people will still go with a second ele even if plenty of other options are viable.

Sounds about right. Some people may want to stack more warriors to play it safe rather than stacking the squishies for those unreliable speedrun tactics

[DnT] TargNyspar
Targaryen / Nymaria / Dwagonfire / Dwagonhunter

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

I think most people will use

1 Guardian, 1 Thief/Engi, 1 Warrior, 2 Eles for 4 ice bows.

Of course some1 could pull out the uber safe strat of
4 Warriors 1Guard/Mes.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

(edited by EcoRI.9273)

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

A 5 engi comp would be fun. Could cover might, vuln, stealth, maybe some fury, reflects, blinds, swiftness. Dps probably lower without +dps buffs and slight condition reliance. Could even have quickness sometimes and pulls and quick defiance stripping for some hard cc…

Edit: Ok here’s generally how I’d do it.

3 builds.

1 – Skipping: http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-V;4sP-9-u5gTFx0;9;4TT;0916748A;45;05c1;3vhrTvhrTn-kr0;5VOVTWYXcYi3o_-o-G-2i;9;9;9;9;9;9;0VR-6q

The skipping build above has the potential for stealth blasts and up to 20 seconds of continuous non-blast instant-apply stealth with no utility slot cool down, and unlimited swiftness. It also has 2 jump skills: acid bomb, and jump shot.

2 – Might stacking: http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-V;4sP-9-66NTFx0;9;4TT;0916748A;41;05c1;3vhrTvhrTn-kr0;5VOVTWYXcYi3o_-o-G-2i;9;9;9;9;9;9;0VR-6d

Before the fight switch to the skills shown. Lay down a fire bomb or two and each engi should blast a mine and the thumper turret tool belt. 5 × 2 × 3 is 30 stacks of might.

3 – Boss fights: http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-V;4sP-9-66gTFx0;9;4TT;0916748A;41;05c1;3vhrTvhrTn-kr0;5VOVTWYXcYi3o_-o-G-2i;9;9;9;9;9;9;0VR-6E

Switch speedy kits for static discharge. Start the fight with med kit 5 for 10s fury and swiftness. Immediately lay down mine field for a simultaneous 30 chances at vuln x .5 odds x .7 chance of crit is about 10 stacks of vulnerability immediately. Drop BoB, acid bomb, rifle rotation, bomb kit auto for an easy 25 stacks and pretty good burst damage.

(edited by Nevets Crimsonwing.5271)

Posted by: xallever.1874

xallever.1874

It’s so difficult to think that this Dungeon subforum is so hidden from the eyes of the people that frequent here that they cannot just make a thread, initiating a get-together or some sort of guild-committee to organise whatever kind of tournament.

Whether it’s out of jealousy or not, it is very easy to create that general impression. As Nike has said, DnT doesn’t even have to do this. Are you now thinking that DnT wouldn’t have gone ahead or couldn’t have gone ahead without any sponsoring from Anet or something?

Because I don’t think they were going to go ahead with this kind of initiative knowing what the prize pool would be first. Just like in this current tournament, I don’t think anyone from DnT could have known that Anet would sponsor that amount of gems to help make this tournament a success.

Is anyone saying that in order to have a community-based endeavours, guilds can no longer launch their own guild initiatives? That doesn’t make any sense at all.

Regardless whether I liked the fractal tourney or not, I think what [King] did was another respectable initiative to try and make the fractal runs into a competitive format. None of them made any noise about the dungeon tournament being held by DnT and they knew it better that that wouldn’t stop them from hosting a similar tourney or a different kind of pve tourney (which they did).

I’m not saying that a community-driven project is impossible or bad, but there’s your problem in it: no one felt compelled or driven enough to launch one because the “responsibility” lies with everyone so everyone is waiting for everyone else to do it. I’ve never seen any community-driven channels being closed.

(edited by xallever.1874)

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Is anyone saying that in order to have a community-based endeavours, guilds can no longer launch their own guild initiatives? That doesn’t make any sense at all.

It stems from a particular case of community collaboration that happened in the past, related to the “speedclear community”. The people who were apart of it may understand where the seemingly illogical mindset is coming from, otherwise yes I would agree with you. I’m not saying I agree with the actions being taken or the attitudes that are surfacing because of them, but there is more to the story than this thread shows.

It’s something that doesn’t need to be discussed in this thread any longer, so if you’d like to know more about it then you can PM me here on the forums. Lets try keep the thread clean.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

(edited by The Mexican Cookie.3690)

Posted by: xallever.1874

xallever.1874

It stems from a particular case of community collaboration that happened in the past, related to the “speedclear community”. The people who were apart of it may understand where the seemingly illogical mindset is coming from, otherwise yes I would agree with you. I’m not saying I agree with the actions being taken or the attitudes that are surfacing because of them, but there is more to the story than this thread shows.

It’s something that doesn’t need to be discussed in this thread any longer, so if you’d like to know more about it then you can PM me here on the forums. Lets try keep the thread clean.

That’s fine. Sorry because I thought it kept resurfacing. Please PM me too instead if people have anything to say to me.

hybrid.5027

Three weeks left in registration and 6 teams signed up so far.

Prize Splits will be as follows

Winning team = 2k gems for the 5 players + 1/2 of the total gold pool.
Second Place = 800 gems for the 5 players + 1/2 of the remaining gold pool.
Third and Fourth Place = 1/2 of the remaining gold pool.

So with today’s prize pool (assuming it will continue to rise before the tournament starts) the break down is as follows…

1st: 2,092.50 gold
2nd: 1,046.25 gold
3rd and 4th: 523.13 gold

Posted by: KaboomzZz.2914

KaboomzZz.2914

Enjin has agreed to advertise the tournament across their network to possibly bring in a few more interested parties. Additionally they’re offering some hosting packages I’ll be giving away during/around the tournament. We recently partnered with them, so thats sorta cool. If anyone is interested in that sorta thing let me know.

I’ve noticed a lot of salt. We run tournaments every Friday. We have no advertising on our website. We read our site, reddit, these forums, gw2scr and every other site everyone goes to. If there is discussion to be had then have it.

Videogamers, sheesh. Grab a tissue and sign up to the tournament already.

KaboomzZz – Death and Taxes – http://www.dtguilds.com

Nyspar.6103

lfm participants

[DnT] TargNyspar

Posted by: Jiyn.3158

Jiyn.3158

Five teams entered so far. Let’s get more teams in! There’s a lot of money to be handed out and a lot of reputation to be built

Never trust a Stormcrow.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

You’ll get a lot of teams entering closer to the deadline I imagine… It’s really hard to know schedules ahead of time for a lot of potential entrants.

As for me personally, it’s unfortunately the busiest time of the year for me at work, so I’m fighting to make sure I will have the time to practice anything and therefore show up. Good luck to all regardless.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Darox.8069

Darox.8069

This thread requires more attention, don’t let it die!

hybrid.5027

I presume Hotw:S and CoE:S will be fixed in time for the tournament, but if not they will ofcourse be removed from the path selection rolls.

They will be replaced on the chart with more chances to roll Aetherpath =D

(edited by hybrid.5027)

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

Someone should probably do a full tour to see what else has bugged before the tourney.

Not it.

hybrid.5027

After some consideration the Asura elite skill that apparently does 10x extra damage will be banned too assuming it isn’t hot fixed prior to the tournament.

Nyspar.6103

Less than 2 weeks left hypeee

[DnT] TargNyspar

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Wonder if Frost Spirit will be fixed in time for the tournament.

Posted by: dboylolz.3916

dboylolz.3916

After some consideration the Asura elite skill that apparently does 10x extra damage will be banned too assuming it isn’t hot fixed prior to the tournament.

"Fixed a bug in which summoned 7-series golems caused excessive damage."

It still does a crap ton of damage, will it be banned unless they further adjust it?

(edited by dboylolz.3916)

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

I landed a 79k on Dwayna with that golem. Felt good.

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

“Fixed a bug in which summoned 7-series golems caused excessive damage.”

It still does a crap ton of damage, will it be banned unless they further adjust it?

It was fixed against walls in WvW, with a damage fix for everything else coming today.

hybrid.5027

I believe GWSCR.com will have a policy regarding racial skills in record runs which would carry over to this tournament rules too. However, even if they don’t this one will be banned unless it’s fixed, and if it is fixed nobody is going to use it anyway.

Also we have 8 teams and the field is shaping up to be pretty good and competitive. Still waiting to see a few more guilds sign up who should definitely be fielding a roster.

Lastly, one of our sponsors Enjin, have offered each guild that enters 45 days free advanced hosting for every guild who enters. I know a few guilds have their site hosted by enjin already and I’m sure 45 free days of hosting would be appreciated. For those that don’t use the coupon or not, your choice but if you were looking to have a website thats easy to run and comes with a VOIP server and forum modules built in enjin would be a good choice especially with 45 days free.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Racial skills are now banned under the GWSCR ruleset, and as such will not be allowed in the DnT tournament.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

hybrid.5027

Also want to add, one week left to register!

Posted by: theguildless.1386

theguildless.1386

I got to watch some of the VODs of the last tournament, and I must say, I am genuinely excited to see what teams come up with this time around / post feature pack!

Always question your assumptions.
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

I hope to see a lot more Thieves.

Posted by: Cougz.2785

Cougz.2785

I know this needs some minor updates after the patch, but…

1 PS war + 4 thieves OP

Posted by: Celeste Lightblade.9253

Celeste Lightblade.9253

I still hope some more teams register. So far only 7 :/

Raphael Van Dona
Member of Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

Accurate representation of the GW2 “esports” scene

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Probably switch a thief for a ranger and you are good. I think pve now is a bit more balanced for the 7 GW2 professions.

Posted by: Kurr.4179

Kurr.4179

Accurate representation of the GW2 “esports” scene

Several speedrun guilds are either not signed up yet or flat out said they won’t participate (not exactly shocking with all the prior complaining but whatever…)

At the end of the day no one can force anyone to take part but if I was DnT and only 7 teams signed up this would be the last time this event happens.

Just sad that bruised egos seem more important to some then a healthy competitive scene. I suspect a lot of speedrunning guilds are lacking in active members these days though probably explains the lack of other sign ups.

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

i think advertising in a manner of speaking is at fault somewhat as well.

The forums only reach so many people.

And of course all of the Whiners and complainers even IN the forums that cry that dungeons are too easy are probably frightened of participating.

Had my chosen career Not force me to work nights and weekends. I would have tried to get a team together. Or at least put myself out to hopefully have someone pick me up. Would i have a chance to actually win? realistically I do not know. But regardless i am sure as hell gonna have some serious fun trying.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Me and a couple of friends were actually practicing for this however due to RL reasons on my side I let them down. I don’t think they found a fifth so that’s one team less to participate. My hope is that there are still a couple of new teams out there that are just too shy to register just yet and would do it before the deadline.

As Ropechef said above, chance for winning might be really small or non-existing in first place, but I’m sure the fun that everyone would have while doing this, would be sufficient.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”