Another Demonic Heart thread

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Grogba.6204

Grogba.6204

Like others before, our kiter for the Deimos fight didn’t receive credit on his Demonic Heart, most likely because he didn’t tag the boss/dealt enough dmg to it.

Hilariously though, our maintank in the fight died at 40% (kicked off by deimos after a failed roll), so our second-highest toughness player – aka, our kite rev – had to take up the role of tank for the remainder of the fight while our heal-ele kited. (Back-up)

As it turns out, a tank-rev used for kiting does not deal enough dmg to proc participation for the demonic heart post 40%. While everyone else in the squad with access to the heart finished the achievement (outside of our tank, ofc) our kite-then-tank Rev didn’t get credit for it.

His tickets have been ineffective so far, too. Saying he should make sure to tag Deimos and that A-net is “working on a fix”.

If kiting is not the intended strategy (considering that you – somehow – need to tag the boss to get credit) why is Deimos even designed in a way that makes kiting the only logical step?

Player furthest away spawns hands? check
Hands deal ludicrous damage? check
Deimos stepping on hands provide a permanent dmg buff to the boss? check
Hands are consumed by homing in to Deimos after every Saul? check

So what is this kitten?

Posted by: Grimheart.2853

Grimheart.2853

That’s progress for you right there. So far your rev seems to be the luckiest one with their ticket. I was basically politely told to go f*meow* myself. And I was neither told that tagging the boss is necessary (even though I asked if that’s the case), nor that anet is going to look into this issue (though I actually asked about that too). So your kiter’s got at least something, at that point.

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

I have only ever killed this boss while kiting. When I got my heart I was helping a group with their kill (even though I already killed him that week), and told them I was not going to kite hands sub 10%. It might be not getting credit because you don’t deal damage to the sub 10% boss and not the actual boss prior. I think this might be the case because when I got my heart I didn’t attack Deimos until sub 10% and I was a heal ele so damage is near nothing to start.

Edit: P.S. Kiting Deimos is aids, let your kiter do something else in the fight for once.