Any Dungeon guides out there?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Saint.4789

Saint.4789

Q:

For those who want to say “man up and learn it yourself” feel free to post and show the world how much you love wasting your own time.

Anyways, I was in Caudecus Manor doing explorable 2, the one saving the Seraph. We get to the barrel part and fail horribly. Can someone explain, in exact detail, how to get all five barrels there? The mobs infinitely re-spawned and had a gigantic aggro distance so we could de’aggro them for about 15 minutes. Whenever you put a barrel down is spawned multiple bandits. I put one down and I think about 4 to 5 spawned. We had to give up because we did not know how to beat that part.

Second, AC Explorable during Colossus Rumblus. Collecting essence. How much AOE do you need to bring and where? Yes I need to ask here because I doubt we’d be able to figure it out.

Thanks for all the helpful answers.

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

A:

For Seraph CM line

We cheesed it by pulling the mobs over to the stack and having a bait person pick up and drop the barrel over and over. This confuses their ai and makes them unable to attack. If the person fails to pick up the barrel before it is snatched, they just pick a fresh barrel from the stack and continue.

It’s an interesting idea but executed poorly. They need to further refine the mechanic and the encounter.

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

For CM Path 2, the enemies prioritize picking up barrels → attacking anyone carrying one → anyone in the vicinity. If you place a barrel anywhere in the nearby area, you see that they run after it and stop fighting you. I never actually beat this part, but I believe you have to have split the task. Have some people focus on killing the ones that pick up barrels, and then have the rest place barrels.

For the burrows, you need to damage the burrows and damage them fast. Try to travel as a group and take down the burrows as fast as you can. Make sure to take out breeders as well, as they spawn infinite hatchlings. If you leave one side alone for too long, hatchlings and other gravelings will swarm the essence collector.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

The easiest way for that is having all 5 on vent/TS/mumble to organize, all 5 picking up a barrel. Then, ideally, a mesmer should use his party stealth elite to give you a little time to run to the door and you all drop your barrels at the same time in the red circles

Posted by: AzureDream.4819

AzureDream.4819

CM with barrels is easy, even without stealth. Just drop 5+ of them near gate. Mobs who pickups them will deal no damage, and most of time just stand here as you kill them. Immediately pick up dropped barrels and place them into circles. And aoe, lots of aoe. In time streak of mobs will thin out and there will be moment when all 5 barrels are in place.
AC Tzark burrow event is my big headache. Tried with 3 various groups, it seems just we are lacking dps (even with 2 eles). Guess need to bring warriors here. Left it until I am 80.

Also question about Sorrow’s Embrace explo path 3. Destroyer of the Worlds boss. How do you supposed to kill him? Adds are tough and spawns very fast for just 5 of us. They also not disappearing after boss reset (certanly they should disappear, its just pain, killing them, and then pull boss). Fire aoe is not adding fun. Wiki says we got to rez npc, who will do the tanking. But sure there must be another way. Any feedback on this will be appreciated (youtube links especially, lol).

Posted by: spreadsheets.9805

spreadsheets.9805

kite the adds, there’s plenty of place on the scaffolding

Posted by: InterSlayer.5821

InterSlayer.5821

My group just did Destroyer last night.

We did a combo of killing the adds (had about 10-15 seconds of free dps time before the next add), and kiting them around on the scaffolding.

I mostly stayed on the boss and the other 4 guys killed adds.

It took a while, he has a lot of health.

Also, anyone know how to get that last PoI in Explorable3 of SE? It’s by the room with the mole APC car boss. Couldn’t find a way to it, wondering if we missed it from another explorable wing

Saint.4789

How do you do with the instantly respawning people in CM? I we tried AOEing them down and they just instantly respawned.

Saint.4789

Lucky, so how did you get the 5th barrel down?

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Lucky, so how did you get the 5th barrel down?

One of the 4 barrel runners gets the last barrel. You may still have to murder a bandit or two if they snatch one.

Saint.4789

Thanks, feel free to friend!