Any trick to get Fotm weapon skin?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

hi guys..

i have been running Fotm 20 to 38 more then 50 times. only thing i got its 2 staff skin…in the last 20 run all are Fotm lvl 38 still got nothing…i have been ask arnet. they say it just random drop.. is it really?

one of my friend got 4 different weapon skin in less then 15 run..

i don’t think this only about " luck" it must have some trick to get more chance to have Fotm skin.

did anyone found out anything?

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

The trick is to get hit by all of the Maw’s laser attacks. Every time you absorb a laser you get -10% chance of getting a skin.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

JUN YANG.4328

hi cookie

thx for reply.

just want to know? what you mean by absorb Maw’s laser? meaning hold the stone to use “1” to hit it back? so don’t pick the stone when Maw target you?

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

lol, he’s just having a little fun. The best way to get skins is higher level fractals. I didn’t get my first skin until level 42. At 48 your chance is much better.

JUN YANG.4328

thats what arnet told me as well.. lol
but still 38 is still not low lvl….. 20 times didn’t get anything…. i don’t think is only about
“chance”

Posted by: Warzaw.2708

Warzaw.2708

A lot of rare drops are based around RNG I believe.

Take the new patch for example: The Aether weapons that can drop are extremely rare, but scale in chance the higher the tier you do. It’s still going to be pretty rare, but there’s a better shot, like scaling higher in fractals.

Of course, some people are just overly lucky. During Dragon Bash people were talking about how they’d get multiple tickets in small differences between the amounts of chests.

It’s all just massive luck.

BREAK YOURSELVES UPON MY BODY
FEEL THE STRENGTH OF THE EARTH
Vicodium – Ranger (IX) Coldsnap

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

I’m not saying 38 is low, the drop rate seems to exponentially increase at 48. Like I said, I didn’t get a single skin until 42, and I did tons of “below my level” fractals as well.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

easy trick:

Play 48 >.>

% are quite high something like 20-23% i have 1,5 bank tabs of skins.

For your friend is the ususal “rng” this game has, that lets streaks be the “norm” in anything.

Seeing how many streaks happens in this game from crits to salvage, to drops would make anyone question it…..

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

RNG sucks, that’s all it comes down to. I had a stretch of almost 2 months doing 48’s and 38’s daily without a single weapon drop. Then 3 in 2 days. It is pretty infuriating when you have a friend that get’s one every 2-3 runs.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Posted by: rafi.2304

rafi.2304

The trick is to get hit by all of the Maw’s laser attacks. Every time you absorb a laser you get -10% chance of getting a skin.

c:

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

RNG sucks, that’s all it comes down to. I had a stretch of almost 2 months doing 48’s and 38’s daily without a single weapon drop. Then 3 in 2 days. It is pretty infuriating when you have a friend that get’s one every 2-3 runs.

I would say it’s more infuriating when “I’m healer/disruptor” Warrior gets one after he has told you how you bring nothing to the group.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

@OP, there is no tricks, just keep doing high lvl fractals until you are blue and then you may get a skin you can’t use

I would say it’s more infuriating when “I’m healer/disruptor” Warrior gets one after he has told you how you bring nothing to the group.

such ungrateful dps’ers, don’t you know how many times I saved your life by knocking mobs out of those corners?

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

I got more skins playing 38 than playing 48, while number of runs was roughly similar. that random :<

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

I have never received a skin on any other level then 48.

Posted by: Ayadori.6304

Ayadori.6304

I received a skin @26. My first and last …