Anyone else feels CoF gear is noob gear ?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Sebyos.4089

Sebyos.4089

With the Magg runs of 15 minutes and then the exploit it seems like the vast majority of people are going for this gear. Just to give you an idea ou can easily see 50 people at any time in front of CoF and barely anyone anywhere else except maybe AC. Also you just don’t see people in front of CoE lol. Those are not the best proofs, but I’m sure you all agree that CoF runs are by far the most popular.

It’s sad because the CoF gear looks really good. Back when I first saw dungeon armor I thought I could very well farm this gear, but gear isn’t just for the look in my opinion. I hope I’m not the only one thinking this way, but dungeon armor is supposed to be a way to showoff skills too. It meas you mastered a dungeon with a decent challenge and it also means dedicating time to farm the gear.

CoF gear right now is only cosmetic. It doesn’t mean skills and doesn’t mean dedication either. So yeah I do feel this is really noob gear and I really wonder how Anet could fix this issue. It’s really bad and I sincerly hope people who farmed CoF feel this way too. I mean if they are serious about dungeons I’m sure they are ashamed about how easy this is done.

I feel like measures have to be radical for this especially considering how advanced some people are at crafting their legendaries that require this dungeon compared to those poor guys farming CoE for example.

80 Norn Necromancer Max : JC, WS, TL, AT.
100% World completion.

Posted by: Fluffycalico.2715

Fluffycalico.2715

Almost everyone I know transmuted over it saying they didnt want to be associated with the people who could only run CoF

Posted by: seventhson.6932

seventhson.6932

CoF gear right now is only cosmetic. It doesn’t mean skills and doesn’t mean dedication either. So yeah I do feel this is really noob gear and I really wonder how Anet could fix this issue. It’s really bad and I sincerly hope people who farmed CoF feel this way too. I mean if they are serious about dungeons I’m sure they are ashamed about how easy this is done.

I have seen people in full Twilight Arbor gear fail miserably at magg runs, exploits or not. The part where you have to lead magg over the lava to the crystal just defeats alot of players. And then there is the kiting bomb part……..

I see alot of people wearing this gear all over my server so I really dont think this sentiment is universal. And what do you think just running the first few bosses of Arah in 15-20 mins and then resetting and wearing that gear makes you feel more superior? Or maybe running TA and skipping a vast majority of the trash mobs and finishing in 20 mins makes you feel special? Because as far as I am concerned there is a fast way to run all the dungeons at the moment.

(edited by seventhson.6932)

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

As soon as I noticed loads of people wearing the armour despite the look being really cool knowing it was so easily gained it just yells to me ‘I took advantage of a balancing issue/exploit and think I’m so cool because of it’ which to me does the exact opposit.

It’s no sign of skill or experience or patience or anything. At the moment it just makes you look bad. Which is a real shame it’s one of the nicest dungeon sets.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Sebyos.4089

I have seen people in full Twilight Arbor gear fail miserably at magg runs, exploits or not. The part where you have to lead magg over the lava to the crystal just defeats alot of players. And then there is the kiting bomb part……..

I see alot of people wearing this gear all over my server so I really dont think this sentiment is universal.

I’m quite surprised by the struggle in CoF for somepeople, it’s plausible, but I’m no sure if this would remain true with a bigger sample.

I do see a lot of people with that armor too. What you said kind of makes sense actually if you farm it while exploiting and you are not ashamed of that to beging with why be ashamed of wearing the armor.

Now that this is set I’m more curious about the opinion of those who don’t farm this. We already read a post saying people are transmuting for something else to not be associated with CoF and I wouldn’t want to be associated with that either.

100% World completion.

seventhson.6932

As soon as I noticed loads of people wearing the armour despite the look being really cool knowing it was so easily gained it just yells to me ‘I took advantage of a balancing issue/exploit and think I’m so cool because of it’ which to me does the exact opposit.

It’s no sign of skill or experience or patience or anything. At the moment it just makes you look bad. Which is a real shame it’s one of the nicest dungeon sets.

And what set do you wear? Cause if its TA or Arah read my above post.

Fay.2735

I don’t wear any set although I have the circlet from CM it’s not as important to me and I’ve been getting plenty tokens just by helping guildies out in various dungeons so if I end up with enough tokens to get something I might do so but I don’t do the dungeons for the gear.

I’ve just been enjoying the content with my party going through each dungeon one by one doing all paths to get the Dungeon Master title. At HotW at the moment. I just enjoy the challenge and do it for that reason not for gear/xp/loot Oh and of course the good company :P Lot of laughs.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Posted by: Tirien.1326

Tirien.1326

Nope, my Character sure doesn’t look like a Noob.

Peace

Attachments:

Posted by: Rep.3708

Rep.3708

:( All my CoF gear so far has been with no exploits. I feared people would think this.

Posted by: Animatus.6197

Animatus.6197

I’m not even going for dungeon gear, T3 Heavy Cultural Asura Armor FTW, and it only requires 108G!!! If I was to get an Armor set from dungeons though it would be the Heavy Inquest Gear or Heavy Arah Gear, cause those look awesome on Asuras

Posted by: Animatus.6197

Animatus.6197

Peace

Only 790 Achieve Points?!?!?! your a noob

Fay.2735

:( All my CoF gear so far has been with no exploits. I feared people would think this.

Yea I know, I am aware some people haven’t been using an exploit so it sucks for them that their hard work goes overlooked. But if 9/10 people wear it through using the farming or exploits then it makes it seem that way.

Posted by: Tirien.1326

Tirien.1326

Peace

Only 790 Achieve Points?!?!?! your a noob

I’m sorry isn’t it “you’re a noob”? I’m no expert in english tho.
Who cares about AP?

Posted by: Tres.5427

Tres.5427

TA isnt hard. Arah people shard run for like 8 tokens / 10 mins so also being farmed real easily. There’s no status symbol left atm for “Hey I’m awesome and was able to accomplish this” other than Legendary weapons

Fay.2735

TA isnt hard. Arah people shard run for like 8 tokens / 10 mins so also being farmed real easily. There’s no status symbol left atm for “Hey I’m awesome and was able to accomplish this” other than Legendary weapons

I’d say the title ‘Dungeon Master’ is a pretty solid status symbol

Posted by: Tres.5427

Tres.5427

I’d say the title ‘Dungeon Master’ is a pretty solid status symbol

Suppose it is though its not as flashy as armor and no where near as easily noticeable. I don’t find myself clicking on people very often to see the titles they have on maybe that’s just me so it didn’t come to mind right away =)

Fay.2735

Suppose it is though its not as flashy as armor and no where near as easily noticeable. I don’t find myself clicking on people very often to see the titles they have on maybe that’s just me so it didn’t come to mind right away =)

True, Would be nice idea if they made it so it shows below someone’s name in small letters at least or maybe a similar emblem type thing like the 100% world completion.

Posted by: Nialiss.6459

Nialiss.6459

I don’t have the full set yet but, I want it because it looks nice to me. I don’t really care what it may be associated with or what others may think of it as long as I like it, It’s all that matters to me.

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

I just hate it because

1. the pants are literally the only decent light pants the charr have
2. the boots are the only decent light boots the charr have
3. I really like having the molten arms to match the tail

Which means 3/6 of my set pieces for my charr pretty much have to be CoF. If only Anet could make it so my tail didnt clip with 48/50 of the pant choices I have ;__;

Sebyos.4089

Peace

I will have to say that you may be mixing the look and the skill. I agree that this looks great, but my point is that this doesn’t require skills or dedication that other dungeons require, it’s actually the path that requires the less of these which is why I call it noob gear.

Also you may think the contrary and think that this gear means skills and dedication, but I’m not sure the rest would agree.

SOLUTION :

Arena Net said they were working on fixing dungeons and rewards associated with them. If they end up fixing that, we will stil be stuck with the same problem of people having geared up much easier than othes espcially the CoF gear.

What if they made a new set of gear for Arah and CoF that requires a difffrent kind of tokens farmed only in the fixed dungeons. Of course, they would need to let people time to farm the parts they are missing if they don’t feel ashamed of it which is fine, some don’t care or just want it for the look and we need to respect that while fixing this for those who want gear as a proof of skills and dedication.

100% World completion.

(edited by Sebyos.4089)

Posted by: Atramentous.1923

Atramentous.1923

You’re a noob – this is what my Warrior is saying

No but seriously, I have done all three CoF paths, pre and after buff/nerf (?) w/e. I have sacrificed tens of hours (around 75 – to be exact… what do you mean no dedication, you nuts?) in order to get this set. Not going to stop wearing it only because some people associate it with, as you call it “exploits”. I’ve never exploited, and never will.

Believe it or not, but even since head-start I told myself this would be at least ONE of my main sets. Why? Because to me, all other dungeon heavy sets look ridiculous on Charr.

So your point, Sir, is invalid.

Oh and btw. I ran most of the dungeons’ explorables and they can be finished quicker than CoF Magg path. With a pre-made group of course – the way it’s supposed to be done.

Attachments:

(edited by Atramentous.1923)

Sebyos.4089

Atramentous you seem upset and insulted sorry if you feel this way.

Once again, I said that the CoF looks great, but I must repeat that I am talking about the look, the skills and dedication, not looks alone.

The problem is in the skills required and the time spent compared to ther dungeons. I really don’t agree with you on that apparantly. I have run almost all paths myself with premades and clearly, the 15 minutes magg runs were by far the shortest and easiest of all not to mention the exploit.

So far I’m sorry, but it’s hard to take you sersiouly, no offense. Not only there is that completly fasle assumoption about all those paths done under 15 minutes, but 75 hours at only 20 tokens (to make calulation easier) every 15 minutes is actually 6000 tokens and even something as low as 20 tokens per hour is 1500 tokens which makes no sense. Personally I suggest to not exagerate to defend your gear at all cost in this debate, it really isn’t helping.

100% World completion.

Posted by: Soban.3754

Soban.3754

I was telling a friend this the other day.

Posted by: Atramentous.1923

Atramentous.1923

Sebyos – One huge mistake in your reasoning and reading with understanding.

Have I not written that I’ve done all the paths, not just this one Magg shizzle repeatedly? I’d have gone nuts, if I did the same thing over, and over, for like 30+ hours (guess that’s how long it’d take then, or?). We also did not rush with it – sitting on vent, chatting and having fun – those weren’t any speed runs. Also, if I add idle times, like waiting for others to join, toilet or cig breaks and so on, it’d surely add up to an hour per run.
And obviously, I put in 75 hours as an approximate number – I did not count exactly how much I spent on getting this set – it could be 60, 65, 70 – whatever – it still took long enough for me and required dedication. The whole set goes for 1,400 btw.

And no, it’s not a “completely false assumption” to claim that other explorable runs can take 20-30 minutes if you actually speed run (I did that with Arah for example – no, not a shard run). Because they do if you know what you’re doing.

That was my 5 cents – perhaps those who actually worked for the set like I or my friends did, feel the same way. It is an achievement for me, and I am glad I got it. It all depends on the approach of the person and how one wants to aquire the set. However, you – saying that all the people who got CoF set are noobs, and owners of any other set are dedicated, skillful pros – especially when you do not have even a CoF set yourself, is clearly offensive and ridiculous.

And anyway, this game is so full of randomness, that you may never say whether something required dedication. Would you say I am dedicated if I wore a T3 Cultural Tier Set for 120g? Cause I know one person that does, and guess what, it took him one day to earn it. How? Luck with getting legendary pre-reqs in Mystic Forge.

(edited by Atramentous.1923)

Posted by: Eve.1029

Eve.1029

If I’m going to be called a nub looking this good then I guess a nub I must be. But on a serious note, of ALL the instance gears I can get, CoF looks the best to me. I go for visually appeasing to myself, not how others think.

Additionally, I don’t need to be liked by people who would make assumptions about me based on my gear anyways. I ran CoF very early on w/ friends and guildies when we were all in BLUE gear. Story mode, then explore. After trying the other paths once, we wisely stuck to path 2. Even then it was an eventual process of 30 min runs when we started, then getting faster as we got more geared/experienced.

If anyone tries to tell me I got my CoF gear through exploiting/ easy 10 min runs and gives me crap for it, I would just block them, or report them for harassment if it gets that bad. Meanwhile, i do enjoy my ele’s looks

Attachments:

seventhson.6932

I don’t wear any set although I have the circlet from CM it’s not as important to me and I’ve been getting plenty tokens just by helping guildies out in various dungeons so if I end up with enough tokens to get something I might do so but I don’t do the dungeons for the gear.

I’ve just been enjoying the content with my party going through each dungeon one by one doing all paths to get the Dungeon Master title. At HotW at the moment. I just enjoy the challenge and do it for that reason not for gear/xp/loot Oh and of course the good company :P Lot of laughs.

Then why comment about how people wearing this gear are noob or exploiters? Why do you care at all? Personally I dont give a kitten what people think, in life or this game…..

(edited by seventhson.6932)

seventhson.6932

I’ll post this again in reply to all of sebyos’s replies, obviously you are trolling. What gear do you wear?

I see alot of people wearing this gear all over my server so I really dont think this sentiment is universal. And what do you think just running the first few bosses of Arah in 15-20 mins and then resetting and wearing that gear makes you feel more superior? Or maybe running TA and skipping a vast majority of the trash mobs and finishing in 20 mins makes you feel special? Because as far as I am concerned there is a fast way to run all the dungeons at the moment.

Posted by: Yadda.2764

Yadda.2764

I like how it looks but I won’t respect anyone who wears it and be overly critical of them if they are in my group.

seventhson.6932

I like how it looks but I won’t respect anyone who wears it and be overly critical of them if they are in my group.

I am the same way with people in TA gear………or Arah gear…….

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

I’ll post this again in reply to all of sebyos’s replies, obviously you are trolling. What gear do you wear?

Add to that CoE, almost trying to get 30-40min runs

Posted by: Yadda.2764

Yadda.2764

I am the same way with people in TA gear………or Arah gear…….

Arah takes akitten amount of time to do though so they actually jumped through a lot of hoops regardless of using an exploit or not. What’s the deal with TA though?

seventhson.6932

The deal with TA is everyone just skips majority of the trash packs of mobs………have you never done TA? Everyone just trivialized that place all day long.

Fay.2735

Then why comment about how people wearing this gear are noob or exploiters? Why do you care at all? Personally I dont give a kitten what people think, in life or this game…..

I never said that anyone was a noob nor did I say ALL people who do are exploiters. All I said is that because most people have been using exploits or using the unbalanced easy path before the ‘fix’ I feel the gear is no longer a statement of achievement, skill or experience.

The reason I care is because to those who have done it legitimately they are the ones getting the short end of the stick. They can’t show off their gear with pride because it just makes others see them as exploiters. So the genuinely skilled dungeon runners are being ‘punished’ because of what the exploiters have done. I hope that clarifies what I’m getting at.

It’s a real shame because the gear looks really nice.

(edited by Fay.2735)

seventhson.6932

I never said that anyone was a noob nor did I say ALL people who do are exploiters. All I said is that because most people have been using exploits or using the unbalanced easy path before the ‘fix’ I feel the gear is no longer a statement of achievement, skill or experience.

The reason I care is because to those who have done it legitimately they are the ones getting the short end of the stick. They can’t show off their gear with pride because it just makes others see them as exploiters. So the genuinely skilled dungeon runners are being ‘punished’ because of what the exploiters have done. I hope that clarifies what I’m getting at.

How are they punished if they are like you and just run the dungeons for fun or are just along for the ride or the experience, not the gear? And if they are grinding for the gear just like everyone else, my bet is they are exploiting/speed running it. So whats is your point again?

Oh and i quoted you saying that this gear is a sign of a lack of skill………..a.k.a being a noob, so yeah you called them noobs…………..

Posted by: yhack.8564

yhack.8564

It’s not that the dungeon was too easy, it’s that everything else is broken so that’s the most viable option. Instead of a buff for CoF, the other dungeons needed fixing. There’s nothing wrong with taking the easier option for getting equivalent armour. But now running Magg is broken so many people are finished with the game.

Fay.2735

How are they punished if they are like you and just run the dungeons for fun or are just along for the ride or the experience, not the gear? And if they are grinding for the gear just like everyone else, my bet is they are exploiting/speed running it. So whats is your point again?

Oh and i quoted you saying that this gear is a sign of a lack of skill………..a.k.a being a noob, so yeah you called them noobs…………..

Not everyone is like me plenty of people want to get the gear to show off their skill not just aesthetics. For these people this is no longer feasible because it no longer shows off skill and it’s purely aesthetic now. So the gear has lost it’s value in that sense.

First time I saw someone wear the gear I wasn’t aware about the easy path farming and so I thought “Wow this guy must be pretty good!” As I was doing the explorables for the other dungeons and knew how difficult some could be.

Then I saw more and more people running around with bits of the gear and started thinking it was a bit fishy. I then read about the issue on the forums and now whenever I see someone wear them I no longer think. Wow this guy is good! I think… they’re probably another exploiter.

Sure it looks nice on them but they haven’t earned any respect for wearing it, More probable the opposite. So I feel bad for those people who wanted to get it legitimately to show off their experience but can’t now because the gear has lost that value.

As for noob, I don’t go around calling people noobs in an offensive manner because it’s derogatory. I’m pretty sure there were plenty of skilled people who took advantage of this exploit as well as unskilled. It doesn’t change the fact that the gear was easily gained without requiring any significant effort on their part (Therefore not a lot of skill was needed to gain the items).

Also nitpicking out the parts you want from what I’ve said rather than reading all of what I said and understanding my message in order to justify your opinion and invalidate mine won’t do you any favours and wont make your statements very credible.

I hope I made myself even clearer now….

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

Fay kind of hit the nail on the head. If you’re wanting to look good, wear whatever. If you’re trying to look pr0, you should probably just go purchase the WvW exotic armor instead of dungeon armors. Or T3 cultural, some of them look pretty good. I wouldn’t waste my gold on it however.

Fay.2735

Fay kind of hit the nail on the head. If you’re wanting to look good, wear whatever. If you’re trying to look pr0, you should probably just go purchase the WvW exotic armor instead of dungeon armors. Or T3 cultural, some of them look pretty good. I wouldn’t waste my gold on it however.

Thank you for understanding what I’m trying to get at

Edit: Basically the dungeon gear was meant not just for aesthetic value but also to show off experience. That was it’s main purpose. To show off that you’re ‘Pro’ at that content. The CoF items no longer make you look ‘Pro’ but it still looks good

(edited by Moderator)

seventhson.6932

If you’re wanting to look good, wear whatever.

Too bad thats not what she said, but whatever dude. In the end its all a time commitment, at this short time that the game has even been out, anyone I see wearing a full set of anything from any dungeons tells me they speed ran it and grinded it non stop.

Posted by: Grape.8401

Grape.8401

Really. You actually believe there’s “pro” gear that’s challenging to get? It all boils down to time spent, not difficulty. Like a few people already mentioned, mostly everyone is running the fastest path of their dungeon of choice. I’m close to finishing my CoF set and I keep running the Magg path without exploiting, I still find it easy. The only major change is that the kiting part pre boss requires a slight degree of tactic now – the 3/2 kite that everyone is doing. Wear what you want, it’s silly judging people by their pixels.

Posted by: Grape.8401

Grape.8401

If I saw someone wearing WvW or T3 cultural exotics, I’d say that person really enjoys Gw2 and plays it a lot. It is not an indication of “skill”.

Posted by: Ba air.1372

Ba air.1372

What if they just like the look of the gear? Cry noob all you want but I don’t see the point of hating on people that don’t have the “dedication” you want them to. Being judgmental because of someone’s choice of dungeon or gear is just silly. You go enjoy your harder dungeons and “superior” gear. What is this? WoW?

Posted by: Arc.1425

Arc.1425

I knew I’d see this sentiment pop up sooner rather than later. And no, I don’t think CoF gear is ‘noob gear.’ When I consider gear, I think of two things: stats and appearance. CoF armor looks amazing on my Charr Mesmer (it’s probably the only light gear designed with Charr in mind). I was going to farm CoF regardless and much of the other dungeon gear doesn’t fit the look I’m going for so I see no reason to be ashamed of that.

Posted by: Gray.9650

Gray.9650

oh boy, I wonder how many people run around in black. it’s the most expensive dye, so it must be the best, no?

as Grape says it’s a time commitment, nothing more. or want people really imply that a person has more “skill” because he did more runs in a shorter amount of days?

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

lol wut? i rock CoF.

Posted by: Maximillian Greil.1965

Maximillian Greil.1965

I can run around butt naked and still be a God walking amongst you mere mortals.

Posted by: TurtleMuncher.9750

TurtleMuncher.9750

I got my CoF set (pre-buff with no exploit) and no one ever called me a noob or anything from wearing it. Even if that happens, I doubt I’ll be so bothered by it that I go and farm another dungeon set though. Still recommend the CoF set to anyone that is interested in baelfires.

If you do see someone in game wearing the CoF set, do tell them how bad they are and see how little they care.

MERC