Anything about duo dungeons?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: saya.2197

saya.2197

I’ve watched many videos about solo dungeons, and they look pretty fun and interesting. But I would like to do the dungeons with my boyfriend, any suggestions/experiences/videos/guide?

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Not an expert in any way but Ive found that douing dungeons really help speedwise.
cm- thief + anything except mm necro.

TA – thief/g/w + anything except mm necro.

everything else out my area of noobery

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

I find arah the most interesting, and it’s really a good dungeon to duo, as you can have fun between encounters ( there’s a lot of afk spots, arah is designed for people wanting to afk). A couple I know duo cm daily and it seems to be easier than arah. As far as class goes, warrior/ele is fast and devastating, guardian is always nice to have especially when starting and in dungeons with lots of conditions and projectiles, and i find engi better suited than thief for the most part. ( access to offensive support, and thief really needs might stacks to reach its great dps). That’s really general advice, you can pm me for informations about paths/strats/ help. Duos are, for me, far better than solos. More fun, more stupid ideas, and it’s easier.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

DonQuack.9025

I was actually playing around with engi for cm. as it has all that is needed. Aiming and circle strafing with nades.

I eventually went with bomb kit.

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

Arah p2. That’s the best to duo. I think that you and your bf will learn the most about your classes and be better players when you can do it consistently.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I find arah the most interesting, and it’s really a good dungeon to duo, as you can have fun between encounters ( there’s a lot of afk spots, arah is designed for people wanting to afk). A couple I know duo cm daily and it seems to be easier than arah. As far as class goes, warrior/ele is fast and devastating, guardian is always nice to have especially when starting and in dungeons with lots of conditions and projectiles, and i find engi better suited than thief for the most part. ( access to offensive support, and thief really needs might stacks to reach its great dps). That’s really general advice, you can pm me for informations about paths/strats/ help. Duos are, for me, far better than solos. More fun, more stupid ideas, and it’s easier.

Duo Lupi as a thief with my friend as ele brings me the weirdest weapon setup ever. I actually had Dagger/Pistol and Short Bow. I find quick stealth from the pistol OH really helps me quickly pick my friend up. The 25 might upkeep is a nice touch as well

Mesmer is also a strong class for solo and duo. Their clones are convenient.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

DonQuack.9025

Arah p2. That’s the best to duo. I think that you and your bf will learn the most about your classes and be better players when you can do it consistently.

problem with going straight to arah is (imagine) everything else becomes mediocre.
hence why im taking my time. I got atleast another year of new and exciting dungeons at my rate

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Not really. Duo-ing CoE is fun as well.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

problem with going straight to arah is (imagine) everything else becomes mediocre.
hence why im taking my time. I got atleast another year of new and exciting dungeons at my rate

I’d disagree, I actually thing Arah is hte most solo/duo friendly dungeon. The rest are much easier when you have full groups and can burn through things, while Arah is pretty much know the attacks and you have hte chance to dodge and avoid basically all damage.

Take malrona, you’re encouraged to take that poison damage but doing so means you kind of create a time limit to how long you’ll be able to survive.

It’s just a bit of a different system and idea behind the stuff.

AC may be easier, but Arah is really friendly to the duo/solo situation… once you learn the mechanics.

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

Please teach me oxtred. Got alot of questions!

/dontpunchme

Lets do some duo’s on Friday mate, fear I’m busy till then.

toxic since 2012

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

K, hotw P2 duo incoming!

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Arah P2 is kind of a bad path to start with in my opinion because if it’s your first time I’m assuming you aren’t in full-out DPS gear. You’re going to be very very frustrated with Brie if this is true. Also if someone tells you to 1-shot Lupicus on the wall — please don’t listen to them. It is pathetic and people who do it are people who don’t deserve the daily imo. If you do that, you’ll never learn.

Anyways, if you start with an Arah path I suggest P3. The trash skips are significantly more forgiving and the bosses are a lot more interesting in my opinion.

Arah P1 is by far the easiest of the four paths but there’s a boss in the path with a pathetic requirement of needing 4 people to spawn it, so you would need to either pay strangers to help with it, find friends to help with it and leave, or stop duoing it at that point.

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

I’d start with something easy such as CM path 3. Bring thief or engi for stealth together with a guard/mes for reflects.

Arah P2 is kind of a bad path to start with in my opinion because if it’s your first time I’m assuming you aren’t in full-out DPS gear. You’re going to be very very frustrated with Brie if this is true.

I disagree. Brie is very easy to duo, especially when you kill the 3 waves of mobs with the invulnerability buff you get from the boss when she reaches 50% health.

Anyway, if you have reflects, start with Arah path 3. The first 2 bosses can be easily trivialized that way. Try to learn all 3 phases of Lupicus first, then feel free to oneshot him.

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

Posted by: Meryn.6875

Meryn.6875

AC Story:
Fun to duo (& solo). If you whish to get the feeling like the original guild wars speedclears you can even decide to kill the bosses apart from eachother.
After the Ascalonian Captain 1 can go Master Nente and the other one can go Kasha Blackblood and kill the lovers together. You could also do all of them together for more ease. I like this one the most for solo/duoing!

AC p1/2
Fun to duo, definately take 1 ele with you for the burrow part on both paths. The remaining parts of the dungeon is pretty easy.

CM story
Easy one, pick any class for this one and just roll through it. The only hard part I can remember is killing the Lieutenant right outside of the cave, but once you get used to him its a walk in the park.

CM p1/2/3
Take at least 1 thief (for skips & p1 basement).
The hardest part on path 1 is Bloody Victoria. I found its best to just stack up at 1 spot/corner and rez eachother as soon as possible. Take stunbreakers to avoid the 1shot.
Path 2 needs a bit of an exploit for the keg-part, place it in a spot unreachable for the foes and prepare the spot with some extra kegs, then just place them 1 by one in the circles and you should be fine. This can be done without exploits if you do this whole part in stealth (AKA dont aggro anything).
Path 3 is easy, just take reflects and you should not encounter any problems. solo

TA up/forward
Guardian is nice to take with you, for both the reflects and the staff autoattack for long runs. Hardest thing imo is Leurent (Forward path), take lots of evades/stunbreakers and this shouldnt be too hard.

CoE p1/2
Up to the Laser part should not cause any problems. It is possible to do the lasers with only 2 man, using teleports/shadowsteps and quickness altho I have never had the right timing (never had any problems 3-manning this part).
Path 1 console should not be hard as well, 1 activates and the one with most dps defends, kill the 3 big golems in between.

HOTW p1
Havent solo/duod it since the troll update, but just practice a bit, shouldnt be too hard. Last boss takes AGES!

EDIT {
COF p1 is impossible to duo thanks to the gate controller.
CoE p3 is possible, but only with a mesmer portal/thief shadowstep + quickness taking 2 lasers at the Inquest Specimen
}
EDIT2 {
FRACTALS! Some are easy, some are hard. Its random so dont expect to be able to do a full run everytime. Easy ones are Charr, Water fractal, Snowblind, Swamp (use thief/mes for 2 nodes), Harpy fractal, Jade Sea end boss and ive probably forgot some
}

I dont have much experience with duoing other dungeons, but I hope this helps
Contact me in-game if you need help/get stuck.

Man do I whish I had someone to duo dungeons on an almost daily basis I really love doing this.

(edited by Meryn.6875)

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

Not really. Duo-ing CoE is fun as well.

This is possible? I thought the golem door didn’t open until the laser field was shut off.

Edit: Nevermind. Saw Meryn’s post.

Posted by: Trafficone.5301

Trafficone.5301

TA and CoE are the two dungeons my boyfriend and I duo most often. For CoE, we’ve been able to get the lasers done with a thief and a mesmer. Thief shadowsteps for the 3 consoles after the lasers, and the mesmer can drop a portal for the first two consoles. Once you get the timing down, it’s super simple, which is the case for most of CoE, actually. We’ve been able to duo nearly every dungeon path (generally using a guardian and a ranger). We’re currently working on some video guides for duo-ing paths, actually, but in the meantime, feel free to contact me in game! We’d be happy to show you guys the ropes. It’s really a fun and rewarding experience!

Boughmaster – Necromousy – Furfriend – Sapterfuge
The Rescuer – Smoke And Flowers – Nectar Protector – Dhuumwind –
Specter Protector – Pushed Daisies – Imprinted – Die Groundlings

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

CoE p1/2
Up to the Laser part should not cause any problems. It is possible to do the lasers with only 2 man, using teleports/shadowsteps and quickness altho I have never had the right timing (never had any problems 3-manning this part).

No need for quickness. Just need someone with a 900 teleport for the north side (Blink/Flash/Shadowtep) and someone with a pre-set teleport (Portal/FleshWurm/Trap) for the south. The margin of error is very small – about 200ms, so timing is crucial.

EDIT {
CoE p3 is possible, but only with a mesmer portal/thief shadowstep + quickness taking 2 lasers at the Inquest Specimen
}

No need for quickness nor portals. One takes the south cannon another takes both north ones. Keep running back and forth between north ones while the south one keeps firing on CD. After about 3 or so runs the shield will go down.

Basically all coe paths are duo’able. P2 is easiest, p3 is hardest, p1 is the most annoying. Heck, all paths would be solo’able if we find a way to somehow disable the laser grid alone. If only you can command your clones to do it with you…

DonQuack.9025

I cant find the post but whoever posted this video

Thank you. vallog was causing me lots of trouble. kitten near unlimited dodges <3

Posted by: Meryn.6875

Meryn.6875

I cant find the post but whoever posted this video

Thank you. vallog was causing me lots of trouble. kitten near unlimited dodges <3

Pop Signet of Agility if you need instant endurance refill, Dagger autoattack refills a bit as well.
Smokescreen blocks the fireballs (daggerstorm as well I believe)
Not sure if I used the endurance refill nourishment, but it helps

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

If you are experienced enough, duoing are more or less possible with any professions combo. Me and sis for example, use to duo on ele and engi and things go smooth like silk. Just in some case one of us might need to switch to optimize some encounter, so one of us changes on guardian, war, thief etc according to our needs
I guess easiest combo to start with would be guard and war though, maybe with phalanx

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<