Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: peterJDM.2671

peterJDM.2671

Is this even serious? We 5 manned this Dungeon all Exo geared, me as the Warrior, one Guardian, and three Rangers. We took the usual Forgotten Route and took well over an hour to reach the Champion (which we did not mind) and then realize a bigger boss lied within. This thing cannot be killed over 2 hours of trying death after death. EXO GEARED, ALL 5! This was not and could not be the problem! The furthest we got it down to was half HP, and could not kill it! It would just one-shot anyone it targetted and would wipe out the entire team before one can even make it back to keep the boss from resetting. This is after a 2 hour try! This is the biggest joke ever. I have to say this is the biggest downfall yet in this game for me. Is ArenaNet really trying to push us away from Dungeons? I could really careless about Dungeons at this point. Something needs to happen.

Can any Dev give me insight? I really do not understand what the meaning of this is. Players across servers are already complaining and it has only been in affect for less than 5 hours.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Skyrant Kangaroomouse.7458

Skyrant Kangaroomouse.7458

You talking about the middle boss that shadow steps and one shots you?

“The DR System is not restricting players, it just here to help them realize how they want to play!”

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

peterJDM.2671

Yes that is the one I’m talking about.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Well it’s just a matter of method your team miss. There is an exact method to deal with him, and traits. If you apply it properly, the match is around 12-15 minutes.

And yes, it’s just half of the dungeon. Wondering what you will post when you will reach next bosses, lol.

This dungeon (and his armor) is meant to be a rare armor for a strict elite of players.
This is the reason, as you see. It’s the hardest.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: conquista.1536

conquista.1536

they expect you to dodge the initial shadow step then expect you to somehow dps him when he releases a gigantic aoe bullet hell that bounces around and hits u for 10k damage.

melees trying to burst him after the initial shadow step are prob going to get 2-3 shotted because he does melee attack like 2-3 times which does a ridiculously amount of damage. You have to go like a super tanky high vit spec with decent amount of healing and condition damage + range spec is mostly preferred, but then that’d be annoying to kill the grubs that thing eats.

games hard… to the point where some bosses or events just don’t make sense.

I do think its doable, but its ridiculously super hard. You’d have to make 0 mistakes almost and dodge roll every shadow step attack + range dps while dodging his ridiculous ground aoe range, which they all bounce around. It sort of reminds me of D3s one boss in act 4 Rakanoth where he charges for like 1-2 seconds and tps and hits you, then sort of does a aoe around breath, except for arah it almost fills the full room and bounces and the aoe circles are gigantic.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Jim Travakh.7495

Jim Travakh.7495

Giganticus can and is easily beaten by ungeared 80s in blues and greens. The fight requires execution.

If you want a tip, his aoespam on phase 2 has a maximum range.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Agree, armor doesnt matter. It’s not your full exotic the difference. It just makes things a bit faster.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

peterJDM.2671

It might be a 10-15 minute battle for someone who knows how to fight it, but you are forgetting it takes nearly one hour to get to the Gigant. And along the way you are constantly getting 1-2 shotted by EVERY SUB BOSS!! They are incredibly powerful and there are well over 20 that you must defeat to even get there. Repair bills are not cheap I’ve not played a game that involves dying this much and having repair bills to follow up on that. This is insane, I know it’s only been a few hours but something needs to happen! A lot of players are upset by this! What happened to removing the GRIND from this game? I thought it was an innovation for GW2 to remove grinding!!!

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

conquista.1536

does it get much worse after the giganticus or w/e?

never beat the whole explorable, but I plan on farming it later with a fixed group for my mesmer’s arah set

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Jim Travakh.7495

if by ‘sub boss’ you mean the trash before his gate, you can pull those singly and kill them one by one. this isn’t difficult, just time consuming

and no, the bosses after giganticus are all quite easy

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: ScourgeMcDough.8071

ScourgeMcDough.8071

~thinks fondly of Shiro (Nightfall version that is) and the literal terabytes of information it would take to house the amount of threads that would instantly pop up complaining about him if he manifested in some iteration of GW2~

One can only hope the old man makes one final appearance in an expansion to remind you why GW1 vets still at the least twitch when they think of the words ‘Battle Scars’ and ‘Impossible Odds’.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Banjo.5409

Banjo.5409

And you do all that for a skin…..I mean this dungeon is so hard, armors should at least have better stats or something amazing. Skins should be easy to get with gold or karma. I have 30 golds and 210k karma but it’s useless for me. End game pve sucks in this game because exotic gears are really easy to get but skins aren’t? I don’t see the logic behind it.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

conquista.1536

ya i meant by the bosses after giganticus, the ones before that are all piece of cake

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Ares.2136

Ares.2136

I think they did revolutionize the gaming industry. I will never have to grind again because I’m pretty sure I’m just going to uninstall this POS and get borderlands 2.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Jam.4521

Jam.4521

I was fine reading along until ScourgeMcDough mentioned Shiro.

Now that was hard. Gave me a proper shock when i encountered him after the rest of night fall being pretty doable, then you had to do HM for the title….

Nothing in the dungeons ive encountered so far gives me the same feeling of Oh kitten….

BOOM

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Inci.7560

Inci.7560

Oh hey more QQ about things you just have to get used to to run without error. Good luck and may tactical insight be with you.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: belcross.3198

belcross.3198

So we get no token drops from boss kills and just from complete runs? So basically we waste a bunch of time until the very end. So what happens when we get random DC’s and it resets? Screwed? No reward for the work you already did?

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Inci.7560

Inci.7560

Team up with people you befriended from succesful earlier runs. I actually made a guild for people I enjoyed running with, because my friendlist became so full! Running with randoms is at your own risk I guess.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Jim Travakh.7495

The only way the dungeon resets in the way you describe is if all 5 people d/c at the same time for 15 minutes. Otherwise you either politely wait for your 5th to reconnect, or you slot in another person and move on.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Venon.9641

Venon.9641

The imagine is self-explanatory about post-patch arah

Jade quarry ( full server)

Attachments:

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

As someone mentioned earlier; Giganticus is to Arah what Shiro was to GW1.

A relatively easy encounter that sorts out the baddies from the coordinated by utilizing mechanics that require groups to think.

inb4 drivel about one-shot blah blah: I did the encounter, and nope!

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: moodycactus.5260

moodycactus.5260

I agree with the OP i found the boss waaaay too hard.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Bubbles.2507

Bubbles.2507

Is path 3 completion still the fastest even with the hole in wall patched?

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hi everyone.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
I will forward the feedback to the team today.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Schwa.1620

Schwa.1620

Path 4 is still reliant on luck (that there’s no graphical bug), not skill. I’m looking at you, priestess of Dwayna.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Feedback to the team… So i guess we can expect no more 15 minutes for Giganticus but 30+ and with more adds, making the battle impossible, right? Lol..

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

Shiro might not be able to make a comeback at the moment, but it would be cool if they added Fendi Nin to Arah as a surprise boss.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Mundo.4036

Mundo.4036

The full run should take about 2 hours with less than exotic geared players. I have done mursaat and forgotten before the patch full runs with 4/5 people running with blues and greens. The strategy for the Giganticus is dynamic. The start all 5 players need to ball so grubs spawn next to all 5, kill them instantly and move back to DPS on the boss. Second phase whoever the jump is going towards needs to position themself so that the boss will be facing away from the team for free DPS. He turns invincible during phase shifts so from first to second you need to spread out quickly. Third phase is the easiest by far, you just need slows or speed buffs and kite him when you’re the target, then the rest need to DPS. I personally think the boss needs to be buffed in phase 1. The current ball up technique I feel is cheating, so if he has an aoe attack then people would need to be even more focused on position to kill the grubs.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Brewbeer.8239

Brewbeer.8239

People whining about Giganticus don’t know what they’re talking about. Giganticus is hard, not impossible. He requires excellent execution. He also requires setup, since stability is a must for escaping his bubble.

To Anet, please don’t nerf him. As it stands, he keep out people who have no business doing Arah until they wise up and get better. And that’s how it should be.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: ajs.8012

ajs.8012

Id just like to point out that on my server the event chain that leads up to Arah is broken. So even if we wanted to try, we cant. Thanks A-net!

Also I disagree with people who comment about how Giganticus doesnt need to be fixed. Its suppose to be a mid-way dungeon boss. Not the hardest fight in the game. Its suppose to be do-able and enjoyable, not something that everyone avoids. Its not suppose to stop players who maybe arnt the best in the world from still having a chance at getting to the end of the dungeon.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Selo.1250

Selo.1250

Im ok with it beeing hard and all, the problem is that it takes such a long time to get to him compared to other dungeons. Were not talking stats on gear either, its just a skin.

Which path is actually the easiest btw?

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Looria.8019

Looria.8019

I guess you guys are missing the point of End Game.

I remember wiping on Muru back in WOW TBC for 4 weeks. Night after night, 4 hours a night. And you complain that end game boss takes longer to kill? and that you have to die and die and die to kill him?

If after so many deaths you still didnt understand the core mechanics of the fight, Im sorry for you. And if thats the truth, you can as well face the fact that you are not good enough to kill end game boss.

If the boss gets buff from his ads that you failed to kill fast enough, it will make the boss almost unkillable.

Stop whining about bosses being hard thats how its supposed to be in the End Game.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Artorous.8573

Artorous.8573

When you say you’re in all exotic gear, you fail to mention what kind you’re using. A group of 5 players that goes around with nothing but Exotic Berserker is going to wipe countless times compared to a group of 5 that goes in with Masterwork Knight’s. You won’t be 1 shot if you actually go in defensive, knights actually has some pretty good offense tacked on, but don’t expect easy runs if you want to just see big numbers.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Artorous.8573

I really wish they would have made explorable mode 10 mans so people would get out of the mindset that they’re suppose to be pug friendly 5 man runs. They are meant to be difficult but too many players played games like WoW/Rift where 5 mans meant easy mode.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Looria.8019

When you say you’re in all exotic gear, you fail to mention what kind you’re using. A group of 5 players that goes around with nothing but Exotic Berserker is going to wipe countless times compared to a group of 5 that goes in with Masterwork Knight’s. You won’t be 1 shot if you actually go in defensive, knights actually has some pretty good offense tacked on, but don’t expect easy runs if you want to just see big numbers.

This just isnt true. Full group exotic berserkers who build their professions around it kill stuff faster but need to have builds created to be able to avoid damage more often.

Full berserker group is as viable as any other if those players build their characters accordingly.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Looria.8019

I really wish they would have made explorable mode 10 mans so people would get out of the mindset that they’re suppose to be pug friendly 5 man runs. They are meant to be difficult but too many players played games like WoW/Rift where 5 mans meant easy mode.

Well this isnt WoW. And this isnt Rift either (which is just WoW in new coat). Devs said that this game will be as different from other MMOs as possible. Every 5 men explorable dung is much harder than any raid in those other MMOs thanks to one thing. There is much higher pressure on you. You need to make sure to do the best because there are only 4 other ppl. If you had 9 other ppl to cover for you your mistakes are not so severe.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Prophet.6954

Prophet.6954

Personally, Having ran specced out for dmg/crit vs dmg/vitality. It makes an insane amount of difference. Being alive to get the extra hits in, more then made up for the high crit #s, which is why I’m now swapping to Beral vs Ruby for the vit. It doesnt due you any good to have the highest crits in the world, if your not alive, or can’t hit him because your dodging the entire time. I know it sucks now, that you only get rewarded for finishing…but again, your lucky theres a gauranteed reward at the end at all. How many games out there, you get NOTHING until the END END END boss, and even then he may not drop anything at all and it may only drop for one guy.

You are LUCKY we have a guaranteed token system in the first place.

I personally short of the few that ran this for their gear already from shard runs, look forward to this being elite armour. And all the dungeons for that matter. Vs it simply being a time sink.

Just my 2 ¢

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Artorous.8573

This just isnt true. Full group exotic berserkers who build their professions around it kill stuff faster but need to have builds created to be able to avoid damage more often.

Full berserker group is as viable as any other if those players build their characters accordingly.

Yeah, you’re absolutely right. A group in full berserker can clear dungeons, as has been proven by several people. They just so happen to be players that are good at coordinating and are able to avoid dying over and over again. Most players aren’t and should use more defensive gear, which is extremely easy to come by, in order to not dying countless times.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with going in with berserker style gear, but if that gear is leading to death after death after death then don’t complain when there is gear out that can make that not happen.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Artorous.8573

Well this isnt WoW. And this isnt Rift either (which is just WoW in new coat). Devs said that this game will be as different from other MMOs as possible. Every 5 men explorable dung is much harder than any raid in those other MMOs thanks to one thing. There is much higher pressure on you. You need to make sure to do the best because there are only 4 other ppl. If you had 9 other ppl to cover for you your mistakes are not so severe.

You’re right, it’s not WoW or Rift. I didn’t say it was in any way. I said too many people have the mindset where 5 mans should be easy and mindless, but that’s not how GW2 works. The Devs stated that 5 man explorable modes were not meant for pugs. They were challenging content for a group of 5 that uses coordination. If you go in there and just try to AoE everything down while using a glass cannon spec/gear then you’re going to wipe. Don’t come to the forums and QQ about it.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: TorQ.7041

TorQ.7041

~thinks fondly of Shiro (Nightfall version that is) and the literal terabytes of information it would take to house the amount of threads that would instantly pop up complaining about him if he manifested in some iteration of GW2~

One can only hope the old man makes one final appearance in an expansion to remind you why GW1 vets still at the least twitch when they think of the words ‘Battle Scars’ and ‘Impossible Odds’.

Shiro is in no way a comparison to this boss. It is not even a remote comparison . Every boss on Gw 1 was fun, you can see what skills they use, then find the skill to counter it. I took 1 look at Shrio, and I took flashing blades as a sin and that was it, I tanked hiskitten and killed with with ease.

bosses like this thing requires dodging perfectly and praying it works. You are trying to dodge the ground circles + his 1 hit kill teleport attacks while hitting him with a range weapon.

And, since you are looking at the ground trying to dodge these circles that are pretty much the entire floor, you have no time to look at his 1/2 second animation where he teleports and then proceeds to 1 hit kill you. Which is just stuipd, there is also no team work at this point involved, it is simply just running around hoping you dont die.

Which in it self is not fun,

and when you do win, what do you get? nothing. you just spent 20 k on repairs and now you get 2 k worth of loot, and now post patch you dont even get tokens to show for it.

Devil may cry is 1 of my favorite games of all time, it is ridiculously difficult but you can see the animation and master the skills to beat the bosses and eventually you can. This boss is just simply ridiculous.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: TorQ.7041

TorQ.7041

A relatively easy encounter that sorts out the baddies from the coordinated by utilizing mechanics that require groups to think.

I am a full toughness guardian with everything set to toughness and armor, and yes he 1 shots me when he teleports, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

No shiro is not the same, I can solo shiro after the 1st time I saw him, I can solo him now if I go back on gw 1 just for laughs.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Looria.8019

I am a full toughness guardian with everything set to toughness and armor, and yes he 1 shots me when he teleports, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

No shiro is not the same, I can solo shiro after the 1st time I saw him, I can solo him now if I go back on gw 1 just for laughs.

You probably failed the first phase and let him get the buff which makes you to hit him for almost nothing and him hit you 50x more than he would normally do.

If you cant execute this fight properly dont complain.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Vesir.1546

Vesir.1546

beaten him many many times, and the most recent time we only had 1 person get downed (not defeated) once, so keep trying guys. it really is all about execution and knowing what/when/where to dodge

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Dogblaster.6713

Dogblaster.6713

Is this even serious? We 5 manned this Dungeon all Exo geared, me as the Warrior, one Guardian, and three Rangers. We took the usual Forgotten Route and took well over an hour to reach the Champion (which we did not mind) and then realize a bigger boss lied within. This thing cannot be killed over 2 hours of trying death after death. EXO GEARED, ALL 5! This was not and could not be the problem! The furthest we got it down to was half HP, and could not kill it! It would just one-shot anyone it targetted and would wipe out the entire team before one can even make it back to keep the boss from resetting. This is after a 2 hour try! This is the biggest joke ever. I have to say this is the biggest downfall yet in this game for me. Is ArenaNet really trying to push us away from Dungeons? I could really careless about Dungeons at this point. Something needs to happen.

Can any Dev give me insight? I really do not understand what the meaning of this is. Players across servers are already complaining and it has only been in affect for less than 5 hours.

Weird, we just killed the Lupicus boss on the first attempt with my guild group. 3 of us were in full exotic and 2 of us were in green, rare equip.

I dont want to be rude here, but all what is funny is you and your whining how hard this is (ITS NOT) A lot of players from my group already killed him even in pug groups.

Really, what about learn the tactics, learn you class and proper builds. And use proper utility skills

Thing you all were in exotic gear and didnt kill him even for so many tryes is riddiculous and all you should blame is yourself .. thats how it is

Cya

Attachments:

(edited by Dogblaster.6713)

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

i have just spent 4 hours in path 1, we killed 3 bosses and there is NO single tp after last 2 bosses…. should that be like that?

another waste of gold and time..i think i wont come back to arah after a few more patches, i like challenge but it is not rewarding at all right now

(edited by nmoral.3876)

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Sarne.4528

Sarne.4528

Dear ArenaNet,

Please do not nerf Giganticus Lupicus. Actually, please don’t touch Arah other than fixing the High Priestess of Dwayna. This is one of the very few dungeons that is concurrently challenging and enjoyable and not in a brief sense. Every time my group and I run Arah, even knowing the encounters quite well, each battle is still a challenge.

Seriously though, I enjoy Arah and it isn’t designed to be a pug friendly environment. Make some friends, work on your skills/classes and enjoy the challenge and prestige of Arah.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Vampric Soul.1504

Vampric Soul.1504

I would like to add that I went to do Arah yesterday, we chose the last path, and we had a really good team,
a Necromancer, Warrior, Warrior, Elementalist, and Mesmer. Once we got to Giganticus Lupicus,
we could Not Defeat him. We talked about our tactics and skills
each time we got wiped.
We realized how he worked, we were able to get his hp down to 75% very easily after we figured it out
(we also looked up a guide too just in case) once we got to that part,
we would all do what we needed to survive by dodging his aoe that kills us in 1-2 hits and
charges and everything, but we could not beat it. We litterally spent 5 hours in the dungeon trying to kill him.
I burned around 1 gold from repairs. We would always get him to around 58-68% hp and we couldnt get
past it and we would all eventually die because his charge is almost instant “down” for most of us since we
were casters. Theres not suppose to be certain classes needed in order to complete dungeons.
We tried at least 18 times to get his hp to 50%. Going from 100-75 was easy for us,
but we just couldn’t do it and eventually 2 team mates left, so we got more teammates, an engineer and
a worrior. (the mesmer and one of the warriors left) Still at Giganticus Lupicus, we could not defeat him.
Eventually everyone left and I wasted 5 hours for NOTHING except a few
useless loot from the chests before that no longer give shards.
Im not sure if the boss bugged, needs nerfing, or can be dealt with only by certain professions.
I know its meant to be very hard and require a lot of work and teamwork
(which is what we were doing) but that was just crazy… and yes we all had exotic gear.
Im not trying to complain like a noob, we all knew what to do, but it just didn’t work out for our party.

(edited by Vampric Soul.1504)

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

Hi everyone.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
I will forward the feedback to the team today.

Do not nerf Gianticus Lupicus. I really want him to stay as powerful he is. I really enjoy this fight, its the best in the game. Except when he goes after me 100% of the time. But other than its really fun to do. I won’t enter this dungeon again if he is nerfed

AmateurNet

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

Expecting to learn AND down a raid-level boss in just a couple hours is a delusion. This thing looks like a fun fight to be quite honest, I at least hope I get to see it in its full glory before you all get it nerfed.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Please don’t nerf this, My team actually found Lupicus quite enjoyable. He was a challenge but we figured him out and then it was easy enough to do multiple runs.

Attachments:

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|