Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ruien.9506

Ruien.9506

This boss took my static group 2 wipes to figure out his whole strat 3 weeks ago. Since then we have killed him with 0 effort since. His abilities are EASILY countered and dodged.

Having said that I will add that coming into this fight with survivability utilities makes this fight go waaaay smoother.

I had to add the last part so I dont recieve another forum infraction for

“Your post was rude and dismissive”.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Gies.3824

Gies.3824

Ummmm you didn’t insult a single person, who are you and what have you done with Ruien.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

It took my half PuG group 3 wipes to figure out 2 weeks ago, seeing as OP doesn’t even remember the bosses name I doubt he even noticed the obvious tells and the grub eating. After first wipe I figured he was eating grubs that made his aoe strong, second wipe I learned the grubs spawned on top of players, third wipe I had to remind people to rez during phase 3. Godly awareness? Far from it, just bring a brain instead of mindlessly running him?

In a PuG, you need at least one competent person to ‘boss’ the other around from reminding telling them about the mob/boss mechanics to reminding the mindless rangers to shoot from an angle to trigger bleeds to suggesting the constantly dying guardian bring some blocking skills by bringing a shield or focus and not just sit on greatsword.

Of course, you can only carry bad players to a certain extent, you can’t exactly play the game for them.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

(edited by zencow.3651)

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Trephination.3714

Trephination.3714

Not having any issues with the difficulty of the dungeon, but rather the many bugs that bring your group’s progress to a forced end with no reward.

Jotun path – final 3 crystalline entities are permanently flagged as friendly, stopping instance progression.

Finished the warden path without issue.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Starlink.6248

Starlink.6248

Hi everyone.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
I will forward the feedback to the team today.

Pls Fix only High Priestess of Dwayna other boss are ok

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Kabuki.9103

Kabuki.9103

My first time in Arah explore, a party member has to leave on the grub eating boss but finds us a replacement. He leaves and everyone is popped out of the instance. We lose all progress, and gain zero tokens.

This guy is the last to be invited to the group. How did his leaving reset the entire instance? It took us 3 hours to get to this point and we gained nothing except bags full of trash loot.

Actually we all had a lot of fun, but losing 3 hours of progress and gaining zero tokens is a serious design flaw.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Looria.8019

Looria.8019

Hi everyone.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
I will forward the feedback to the team today.

Pls Fix only High Priestess of Dwayna other boss are ok

This.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Dogblaster.6713

Dogblaster.6713

If Guild Wars 2 becomes another MMORPG where they neft every content because of players that cant play their characters and cry on the forums, I will be MORE than happy to guit the game …

Please dont nerf Lupikus and infact, boost some of the other bosses. Your designer stated that explorable dungeons are ment to be finished by top players with really good coordinated group …

I have already cleared 2 routes of Arah without any problems, each took 2 hours.

I wont play another wow, casual friendly everything for free crapy game 5 years was enought

(edited by Dogblaster.6713)

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Coredusk.3156

Coredusk.3156

I didn’t do the boss yet, hope it’s not getting nerfed because one team can’t beat it?

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Looria.8019

Looria.8019

More ppl cant beat it, but thats the point. Did everyone with pug clear heroic deathwing? No. Why? Its end game. The exact same rule applies here. Expl Mode dungeons are end game. Will everyone in pug clear it? No. Will you need organized guild group to clear it? Yes.

Absolutely same thing.

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: Phil.7903

Phil.7903

I play in organised group and we usually use full tank guardian and rifles, it is really easy this way

Arah Dungeon post-patch.

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

they expect you to dodge the initial shadow step then expect you to somehow dps him when he releases a gigantic aoe bullet hell that bounces around and hits u for 10k damage.

melees trying to burst him after the initial shadow step are prob going to get 2-3 shotted because he does melee attack like 2-3 times which does a ridiculously amount of damage. You have to go like a super tanky high vit spec with decent amount of healing and condition damage + range spec is mostly preferred, but then that’d be annoying to kill the grubs that thing eats.

games hard… to the point where some bosses or events just don’t make sense.

I do think its doable, but its ridiculously super hard. You’d have to make 0 mistakes almost and dodge roll every shadow step attack + range dps while dodging his ridiculous ground aoe range, which they all bounce around. It sort of reminds me of D3s one boss in act 4 Rakanoth where he charges for like 1-2 seconds and tps and hits you, then sort of does a aoe around breath, except for arah it almost fills the full room and bounces and the aoe circles are gigantic.