Arah Explorable Seers Path and The Priestess of Dwayna

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Please tell me, how is one supposed to actually kill that thing?
First you have to lure sparks into shining fields, but they’re ranged and the field detection is awful, they keep attacking you from distance and don’t enter the field properly. The boss regain the very same amount of life everytime she hides, she should regain less the more time she hides because at a constant rate there’ll never be a way to kill her, when we finally get the sparks inside the shining fields she’ll be already with full HP.

Please, devs, is this intentional? We’ve all rolled burst DPS but it’s impossible, petrifying slows down any DPS, we can’t manage to kill her because everything in this boss is horrible; I really hope something is bugged: field detection so that when sparks enter the field, they get locked, instead of making them walk a million times before getting locked or her life regeneration that is stupid high no matter what.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Kurp.3207

Kurp.3207

Our group is stuck on this too. When we first engaged she had this super healing going, where she would heal to almost full health every time she used that ability.

After a reset however, her heal was much less subtle, yet still making her immortal. There’s talk about “extra sparks” but I never saw those. There’s 5 sparks, spawning on the same place every single time. We have full DPS hacking her with quickness and constant poison in her heal state, and yet we can’t go below the 50% mark where she pops her heal.

This must be a bug in the current version. I’ve seen videos of her getting killed, but the fight doesn’t currently work like it used to. The bug seems to be that she pops her heal state at 50% every single time.

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Attempted this boss twice in different PUGs, never got her below 25% after hours of trying. I don’t know.=s

This must be a bug in the current version. I’ve seen videos of her getting killed, but the fight doesn’t currently work like it used to. The bug seems to be that she pops her heal state at 50% every single time.

Yeah, this is another thing I noticed. Some videos that show her getting killed don’t have her heal back constantly at 50% or 25% health.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

We spent about 6.5 hours on this encounter. We had reasonably good dps imo and had one (bugged) try where we almost killed him(2%HP). Few things that are wrong with this boss, or it was wrong for us anyhow:
1., After 25%HP he goes off to heal way too often, this is the most ridiculous part of it.
2., The sparks are extremely hard to position correctly in the available (very short) timeframe
3., The freezing effect is bugged too, sometimes it doesn’t work at all, sometimes it keeps you stunned even after you are being hit by a tear.
4., Sparks just don’t work with pets very well
Imo killing this is only possible via extreme luck, sometimes the boss glitches and you can attack him through the healing phase, unfortunately we could down him when we had this bug. (we didn’t attempt to glitch it purposefully) I saw kill videos, and I’m inclined to think they were just lucky, or this is only got broken recently ..

Milennin.4825

Imo killing this is only possible via extreme luck, sometimes the boss glitches and you can attack him through the healing phase, unfortunately we could down him when we had this bug. (we didn’t attempt to glitch it purposefully) I saw kill videos, and I’m inclined to think they were just lucky, or this is only got broken recently ..

I don’t know, but it seemed to come down to luck. Almost every time she’d go into stealth at 50%, except for a few times when we didn’t really do anything different than all the other times. But then you get stuck on her going into stealth at 25% all the time. So I’m guessing you need luck to get past that bit as well.

Sina.9208

I’m wondering if there was a hidden fix for this in today’s patch…

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Beat it like after 30-45 minutes yesterday. We cornered him near wall. I pretty much ran tears all the time (that another debuff causes petrified, and petrified reapplies itself unless cured). Me and another person ran sparks while everyone else kept dpising “thin air”.
It also seemed bit buggy as sometimes sparks just disappeared or there were more sparks, etc.

Posted by: DKP.4196

DKP.4196

Wait…that works? Dpsing thin air…?

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

Posted by: Joxy.6879

Joxy.6879

I don’t know, but it seemed to come down to luck. Almost every time she’d go into stealth at 50%, except for a few times when we didn’t really do anything different than all the other times. But then you get stuck on her going into stealth at 25% all the time. So I’m guessing you need luck to get past that bit as well.

We have killed Simin multiple times, so it isn’t “pure luck”.

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

I guess for luck he meant “if nothing goes wrong, sparks behave, no extra delay”

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Sina.9208

Having luck multiple times is certainly not impossible..

I guess for luck he meant “if nothing goes wrong, sparks behave, no extra delay”

By “luck” I meant boss glitching, like on the try where we almost killed him once.

Posted by: E Z.4721

E Z.4721

By “luck” I meant boss glitching, like on the try where we almost killed him once.

Our group one shots this encounter every time, clearly luck.

GTFO

Sina.9208

GTFO

Good for you.

Posted by: E Z.4721

E Z.4721

GTFO

Good for you.

And you’re trash.

Posted by: Miraj.3926

Miraj.3926

Good boss fight. Takes some time to figure out. After that largely a dps check.

Posted by: Jim Travakh.7495

Jim Travakh.7495

I posted the strat in another thread, but Simin is a DPS check and you need to treat it as such. On the first spark spawn you only need to pull 3 or 4 sparks to remove the regen.

So you slow dps to 50, pull 4 sparks fast, then enter 2nd dps stage from 60% – you have to burn Simin to around 15% hp before it restealths. Pull 5 sparks, then burn from 30→0

groups that are incapable of doing this usually have someone who isn’t dps geared and specced – when everyone’s in berserker’s and you have a timewarp the boss becomes a 4 minute trivial. but then you have to ask whether ANet really wants gearchecks in their dungeons, or how they pretty much blatantly lied when they said their team of 5 in crappy blues managed to do the encounter

Milennin.4825

Which is exactly why this encounter fails. It isn’t based on player skill. A skilled group of players won’t beat her if they don’t have the DPS. And in a game that prides itself on having combat that requires skill that’s pretty poor design.

Posted by: Kevin.2176

Kevin.2176

Which is exactly why this encounter fails. It isn’t based on player skill. A skilled group of players won’t beat her if they don’t have the DPS. And in a game that prides itself on having combat that requires skill that’s pretty poor design.

…???

Having good DPS doesn’t count as part of being a skilled group? I’m not sure if you are new to mmo or anything, but mastering an action priority list (good DPS rotation) while avoiding environmental hazard is pretty much the core of most encounter design.

This encounter failed on the other levels, however having a DPS check is a very good thing, just the other mechanics isn’t punishing enough, you can pretty much stand there and press your DPS abilities and still be able to defeat her.

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

“When everyone is full berserkers” sounds like i wont be attempting this path anytime soon then. Nothing against dps checks as its also a dungeon mehanic. Seeing as my set up is far from berserkers (runnin soldiers on guard and shaman on necro) i would just be dead weight for this encounter.

Jim Travakh.7495

It’s the one encounter in the game where gear matters, but I’ll pass on judging it. It’s an encounter like any other and after the mechanics are discovered it comes down to preparing for it.

Also keep in mind there are dps discrepancies between classes – Simin will be difficult without a solid warrior or two, and will also be difficult without a timewarp mesmer. The gear check is whatever but it’s the class separation that’s the real problem.

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

True, dps matters during this fight. Same time, player’s skill matters.
During a pug, is easy to spot if you’re going to waste 3-5 hours even from beginning:
if you’re pretty slow at beginning with adds, 2 or more keep die at first boss, then attempting lupicus the entire group except you is pwned on ph2, and repeating half is 1shotted when ph2 begins, feel free to leave. No miracles will happens, it’s a group of people without a proper mind to coordinate the sparks, and with a pathetic dps. This kind of players will whine with the Dwayna’s battle, leaving with “amen it’s bugged”.
So, if you detect a noob group. leave them, or offer them to reset and do a path3 noob run, when you realize they are just players who deserve to whine on the noobish HotW doing just path 1 .
This is the best they can do

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

Dwayna is definitively bugged. We just killed her, but a lot of her mechanics didn’t work as they should. “Frozen” players sometimes could just continue fighting but not move or they couldn’t do anything after the debuff was removed until they died. Tears sometimes just despawned, sparks didn’t always spawn and Dwayna’s healing phase was very unpredictable, sometimes she even quited it by herself before we even were close to getting the sparks were they should be.

If they fix those awful lot of bugs the fight would be a really nice one, but curently I don’t want to fight Dwayna anymore.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Posted by: Shiri.6728

Shiri.6728

The reason for the Frozen players sometimes being able to continue to fight seems to be linked to if you have tight enough timing/consistent enough ping to dodge the final tick of the petrification flashy eyes debuff (or just use mistform or something.) Your skin turns grey and the game has no idea what to do with the debuff so all kinds of weird kitten happens. I usually kept trying to trigger it anyway because it seemed to help more than hurt, though.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

For me it seemed that last few seconds of petrified you can actually move/attack. However you get re-petrified when the effect ends (so just grab a tear and save yourself!).
Sometimes boss just spawns that debuff on you so you just get petrified again and again!

Posted by: Kistenian.2083

Kistenian.2083

last dungeon, last path for achievement “Dungeon master”
and what I see? trolling by ArenaNet.. RNG boss – if you want to complete this, you need to spend alot of time for nothing…
of course we will kill this boss tomorrow maybe… but really, last dungeon and… IRONY… FU devs =D

PS: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Simin-High-Priestess-of-Dwayna/first#post349115

This isn’t fun design, this is design solely intended to make people angry.

oh oh it works if so

Posted by: enmitee.7539

enmitee.7539

It’s a dps check, the sparks are not bugged, it’s running too far from the original point of the spark will reset it. And it only seems bugged in the light fields because only 1 spark per light field., sometimes the “caught sparks” would converge with each other, that’s why you don’t know which light field has already been “occupied.” But if you remember where they were, the puzzle is np. Finished this for Dungeon Master.

Posted by: Dominik.4058

Dominik.4058

This is my last path as well and i cant get anyone to try it. Made it there once with a pug and the guy who created the dungeon left after 20 minutes of this boss. If anyone wants to try this path feel free to add me. I will be on most of the day today, and i do play a lot.

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

some tips:

1. the first stealth is based on hp. She does it at ~50%. And spawns 4 sparks
2. the remaining stealths are based on time rather than hp. If you’ve got high DPS you’ll notice it. This means if you feel like you are getting nowhere, you may wish to back off and respec
3. you can hit her while she is stealthed. The typical strategy is to have 2 people running sparks, with 3 people DPS’ing (and one de-petrifying) the 3 DPS drop AOE’s when she stealths, to help keep the damage flowing even when she cant be seen.
4. Poison is a godsend (it affects regen) and it can be put on her while she’s stealthed. Consider bringing a necro with you, just for the mass degen he can apply when she stealths out.

Posted by: Kurp.3207

Kurp.3207

4 sparks? I’ve tried this boss three times, and each time it spawns 5 sparks when she stealths. Never seen only 4.

Jim Travakh.7495

4 sparks? I’ve tried this boss three times, and each time it spawns 5 sparks when she stealths. Never seen only 4.

On the first phase transition you only have to pull 4 of the 5 to the statue points

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

there is currently a bug with the petrification, if you have Stability applied to you before the Petrification takes effect you will still be in complete control of your character and can remove the debuff yourself, however as Simin spends most of her time on 1 party member, she will quickly re-apply her gaze onto you and you’ll be stone once more as most likely Stability has wore off.